daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #41
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic
Nice projects in Oslo. One thing, which is the tallest building in Oslo?
Tallest building in Oslo is Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel, 117m tall. Second tallest is Postgirobygget on 111m.

Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel

> More pics and information here!

Postgirobygget

> More pics and information here

The clauster of new high-rise buildings will appare just in front of these two buildings, which is standing just beside eachother in downtown Oslo.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #42
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 762

They are great looking, thanks for information.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #43
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

I know it's a little late, but I haven't had time to sit infront of my computer at home for a week. Here is PWC-building in the morning Thursday 20'th of may. As you can see, most, if not all the piling-work is done.
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #44
marcobruls

Likes (Received): 1596

I like alot of the projects but....its alot of sprawl and not much stacking...

If they stacked all those appartments you would have some towers but now...

Slightly dissapointing,but that MAD tower is a jewel.
marcobruls está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #45
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

^ Great! After the main ground construction is done i guess the construction of the building will speed up fast. It will hopefully turn out to be one of the most modern and beautiful high-rise buildings in Oslo when its done!
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:30 PM   #46
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazaq
>> Filipstad

One of the biggest waterfront project in the Fjordcity project is Fillipstad. Urban redevelopment of former container harbor and train depo. 450-600.000m2 floor area on a 30HA site including new ferry terminal, hotel, super gym, head quarter, offices, 2-4000 housing-units, new urban beach, park. Reorganization of traffic patterns existing highway and train.

6 architects has proposed 6 different developments of the site, but the winner has not been decidet yet.

This is a few images by one of the proposals, by SpaceGroup Architects.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...rsiktsplan.jpg

> Download large image (3696x2292 | 3.6MB/zip-file)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ssen1small.jpg
> Download large image (3208x1928 | 2.8MB/zip-file)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...nden1small.jpg
> Download large image (2273x1353 | 1.1MB/zip-file)
The local harbour authorities in Oslo has made a new proposal for the Filipstad development area in Oslo. 150 000 square meters of public bath, floating islands, english garden, etc. They claim they can have it all done by 2008, if they get the green light fast. They are probably doing this to get public support to build the area behind it fast, because some politicians want to wait with the construction there until everything in Bjĝrvika is finished.

Old June 1st, 2006, 02:33 PM   #47
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

World Championships may spawn new hotels

Some of Norway's biggest hotel operators are mulling new hotel projects in Oslo, after learning the city will host the Nordic World Championships in 2011.

Both Petter Stordalen, who's behind the Choice Hotel chain in Scandinavia, and the Radisson-SAS chain confirm they're considering new hotel investments in the capital.

Stordalen's would be in addition to a hotel he's already been talking about at Vippetangen, on the waterfront not far from the new Opera House now under construction.

"A big event like this will create increased activity over a long period of time," Stordalen told newspaper Dagsavisen.

The Presidential Suite at the venerable Holmenkollen Park Hotel, for example, has already been booked during the World Championships. It lies closest to the Holmenkollen Ski Jump and arena where key competitions will be held, and commands a stunning view over the city and fjord.

Another major suite at the Radisson SAS Plaza downtown also has been booked, at a reported cost of NOK 45,000 per night, as has the Oslofjord Suite at the Radisson SAS Scandinavia Hotel.

Plans are also underway for new hotels along Oslo's waterfront, at Tjuvholmen and, possibly, at Filipstad.
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:41 PM   #48
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Radisson SAS Hotel Fornebu

Radisson SAS Hotel Fornebu is planning to expand their hotel with 100 rooms by building a 14 story tall hotel in Fornebu, close to the proposed 20 story tall Fornebu Hotel. Its the Danish architect firm Dissing+Weitling Architects who behind the project with KLP Eiendom as developer and Radisson SAS as owner.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:17 PM   #49
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 638

Those Fillipstad baths just looks too good to be true.... But then again, I am fond of swimming. Hope they strike the balance between good circulation and keeping water long enough to heat up.

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:17 AM   #50
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazaq
^ Great! After the main ground construction is done i guess the construction of the building will speed up fast. It will hopefully turn out to be one of the most modern and beautiful high-rise buildings in Oslo when its done!
I was there a few days ago and they have started on the concrete structure. The shell and inner walls will probably rise quite fast, but we won't see the actual facade in quite some time yet...
Most modern, yes, but not the nicest.. Borgating Lagmannsrett is by far nicer, but then again we have only seen renderings so far of the PWC.
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #51
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearman
Those Fillipstad baths just looks too good to be true.... But then again, I am fond of swimming. Hope they strike the balance between good circulation and keeping water long enough to heat up.
I hate swimming, but that Fillipstad islands looks pretty cool, though i don't like their work on the buildings, but i guess its comming if this proposal turnes out to be popular among the politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilab
I was there a few days ago and they have started on the concrete structure. The shell and inner walls will probably rise quite fast, but we won't see the actual facade in quite some time yet...
Most modern, yes, but not the nicest.. Borgating Lagmannsrett is by far nicer, but then again we have only seen renderings so far of the PWC.
Ok, the facade is going to be really interesting, because i have not seen many examples of a sucessful facade yet on Norwegian buildings.
Old June 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #52
jorgen
Viking

I cross my fingers for 'MAD Tower', it looks stunning and very tall for Oslo.
jorgen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #53
enjoi
Kapitan Paleta

Likes (Received): 8

Wow, awesome projects! Haven't seen it before.

I didn't excpect that Oslo can develop so fast!
Old June 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #54
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3723

I didn't know that Norway will get a new tallest and I didn't know that the proposed cluster will be so close to the current tallest buildings of Oslo. Very tall building for Scandinavia! Together with PG bygget and Radisson SAS Plaza and the new highrise cluster this will easily make Scandinavia's best modern skyline! The only thing that I don't understand is that I thought that many people where against highrises in Oslo and I have also heard about a 50m limit or something like that in the city center. Have they changed the height limit?

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #55
markcode
toilet out of order

Likes (Received): 9

really nice towers...

I've seen some other good projects in this thread... go oslo!

...who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
markcode no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #56
NorthStar77
Born to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsky
The only thing that I don't understand is that I thought that many people where against highrises in Oslo and I have also heard about a 50m limit or something like that in the city center. Have they changed the height limit?
The general height limit on 42 meters still aplies, except for special "signal" towers. And all of Bjĝrvika was excluded from the 42 meter limit. The reason is that it must be built quite alot of squaremeters there for the entrepeneurs to make money on it, since they are also financing much of the infrastructure that will be built. So if there was a 42 meter height limit there, probably nothing would have been built at all.
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #57
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 279

And even the smaller towers in Bjĝrvika is taller than 42 metres... The 12 story PWC will be 46 metres. 42 metres equals 14 stories in a residential building and 10-11 in a office building. The MAD tower is just a vision for now... But let's all cross fingers
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #58
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3723

Thanks for the answer, though I think it is crazy with a 42m limit, good it is not for the whole city.
So it is only a vision, I thought it was proposed?

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM   #59
NorthStar77
Born to run

I think we can consider that MAD tower as a vision, I don't think anything is officially proposed yet.e

-----

btw. Oslo's population grew with 3.411 persons, or 0.63%, the first 3 months this year. That is quite a BOOM for a western city!