daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #181
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
Cool shots, SaRaJeVo-City!

I'll be in the city tomorrow with my new camera.

I'm going to bring my tripod with me (which I don't normally do).
tnx

Man, I had this perfect view of NY Times tower but traffic was too crazy I had to run across the street and I didn't feel like going back, damn it !
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #182
novaguy
novaguy

Likes (Received): 19

nice pictures,but what am I looking at?
novaguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #183
centreoftheuniverse
Not ******

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
Cool shots, SaRaJeVo-City!

I'll be in the city tomorrow with my new camera.

I'm going to bring my tripod with me (which I don't normally do).
fish, if you're going to be in the Columbus Circle area, can you take a pic or two of 15 Central Park West (under construction next to Trump International) and The Link (also u/c on W. 52nd St. just off 8th Ave.)?

Here are my other suggestions, if you have the time and don't mind, of course.

- the former McHale's Bar site, which is being demolished for a new condo tower (NE corner of 8th Ave. and 46th St.)

- 1600 Broadway in Times Square (the former Studebaker building) that is now a new condo tower, it has the Corona beer signs, esp. the base.

- the base of 505 Fifth Ave. (NE corner at 42nd St. across from the library).

- the new Centria condo, esp. the base section (across from Rockefeller Center on 48th St. bet. 5th and 6th Aves.)

Thanks
centreoftheuniverse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:25 AM   #184
Peppisan
C'č solo una capitale

Likes (Received): 72

Fantastic
Peppisan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #185
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by krull
Proposed...

these buildings are fun, hope they get made

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM   #186
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

A blogsite known as Test of Will has gotten some recent shots of some of the projects.

23 Thames St

10 Barclay St

Some digging by Grace Church

Either 297 or 300 Driggs St

Constructing another typical apartment in Williamsburg

Something will replace the garage that stood here at Greenwich/Hubert Sts.
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #187
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

whats the latest with the Con-Edison site?

Emporis says these are proposed:
708 1st Avenue Tower 1 - 864 ft - 57 floors
685 1st Avenue Tower - 836 ft - 67 floors
700 1st Avenue Tower 1 - 792 ft - 63 floors
700 1st Avenue Tower 2 - 643 ft - 50 floors
616 1st Avenue Tower 1 - 578 ft - 45 floors
616 1st Avenue Tower 2 - 578 ft - 45 floors
708 1st Avenue Tower 2 - 528 ft - 40 floors

if nobody knows where this is, its right near the UN building on the east river, just south a bit.

Last edited by Spooky873; June 4th, 2006 at 09:49 AM.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #188
centreoftheuniverse
Not ******

Likes (Received): 5

^ NIMBYs.
centreoftheuniverse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 02:47 AM   #189
TalB
Refugee

http://www.nypost.com/business/64699.htm
DOWNTOWN DONALD PLANS LUXURY SOHO CONDO-HOTEL

By BRADEN KEIL

SUMPTUOUS IN SOHO: Donald Trump, daughter Ivanka and son Donald Trump Jr. are taking their developing act to SoHo. Above is a rendering of their planned 45-story luxury hotel tower.
Photo: WireImage

June 5, 2006 -- Donald Trump is submitting plans to construct a 45-story luxury high-rise condominium hotel on the outskirts of SoHo, The Post has learned.

And barring any glitches in the approval process, groundbreaking on the structure at 246 Spring, between Varick St. and Sixth Avenue, is expected to begin before the end of this year, according to Donald Trump Jr. - who, along with his father and sister Ivanka, is overseeing the project.

It will also be one of the two projects that will be offered to tonight's winner of "The Apprentice."

Included in the plans for the development, whose working name is Trump International Hotel & Tower SoHo, are more than 400 hotel condo rooms and suites, a spa facility and a high-end restaurant. It also calls for 28,000 square feet of retail space.

While the hotel will have the typical Trump glitz, with the public rooms designed by renowned architect David Rockwell, Trump Jr. said the vibe will be a younger "downtown chic" version of Trump International Hotel & Tower at Columbus Circle.

The building, which will rise in a fringe area of SoHo - about three blocks from the Holland Tunnel - will tower above the nondescript neighborhood.

"You're going to get incredible 360-degree views from about the 12th floor up," said Trump Jr. "They're almost like the views in Jersey City of Manhattan, but you're still in New York."

"I'm very excited to hear about it," said developer Steven Witkoff, who has several downtown projects in the works including the condo conversion of the Woolworth Building and Cipriani Club Residences now being marketed at 55 Wall St.

"[Trump's] very creative and he always brings sizzle to an area."

The developers of the building include Tamir Sapir, the former cab driver who made headlines by paying $40 million for the Duke Semans mansion.
Old June 8th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #190
TalB
Refugee

http://www.nypost.com/realestate/comm/69644.htm
FIXING A HOLE ON 42ND ST.

TIMES SQ. TOWER
Milsteins' plan.

June 6, 2006 -- IT looks like a different developer will get to fill Howard and Edward Milstein's gaping hole in the-ground at Eighth Avenue and 42nd Street.

A number of power players are said to have their eyes on the Milstein brothers' precious pit, which is not formally for sale but for which sources say CB Richard Ellis is quietly sifting offers.

The intersection's vacant southeast corner is the missing link on the reborn "Deuce" between Seventh and Eighth avenues, which is thriving with new office towers, theaters and shops.

It stands on the avenue between the rising New York Times tower, where law firm Seyfarth Shaw just rented 100,000 square feet for more than $80 a square foot, and the Westin Times Square hotel.

It's been a hole ever since Gov. Pataki presided at a groundbreaking in October 2002. It was a parking lot before that, when the site was owned by members of the Milstein family and partners.

In January 2001, the brothers bought out the others, paying $77.7 million for the share of the L-shaped lot they didn't yet own. At that time, it was valued in total at $111 million - far less than it's worth today.

But although Howard Milstein showed a rendering of a 35-story office tower in June 2002, nothing ever happened.

Now, after several changes of direction, something's afoot. Sources say several major developers are hot for the site, and the Milsteins may well be receptive.

Meanwhile - in a step that sounds contradictory but might not be - Empire State Development Corp. Chairman Charles Gargano said yesterday the agency will complete a "memorandum of understanding" with the Milsteins "within 30 days." Once signed, it will commit them to "start work on the project within 12 months or incur stiff penalties," Gargano said.

Gargano said the Milsteins want the option of building the project as either mixed-use or all-commercial. He said ESDC has agreed to let the Milsteins build 850,000 "rentable" square feet, about 120,000 larger than zoning allows.

Unless the Milsteins have secretly snared an office tenant, the site seems more ripe for an apartment and/or hotel project.

The sudden urgency on the part of the Milsteins combined with word of a possible sale has real estate circles buzzing that the brothers will flip the property to a new owner who would then proceed with the scheme pre-approved by ESDC.

Gargano said he knew nothing of any flip plan. A Milstein spokesman, George Arzt, said the Milsteins "are gratified there have been so many offers" for the corner, "but, the family has held the property since 1976 and to sell would be a major departure from its long-held position."

One name that's come up as a prospective buyer is Joseph Moinian, whose Moinian Group has built a number of major new projects on both Eighth Avenue and 42nd and also owns some prime development sites there.

But sources said late yesterday that he was now a long shot. Through a spokesman, Moinian would neither confirm nor deny talks. In a statement, he said, "The Moinian Group is always interested in potential development opportunities along 42nd Street and the far West Side."

Gargano, who was a driving force behind getting four new office towers built on 42nd Street, has been frustrated waiting for the Eighth Avenue corner to bloom as well. "We're anxious to complete this last corner," he said.

Earlier optimistic forecasts fizzled out. In June 2004, Howard Milstein told The Post he was "looking forward to coming out of the ground by year's end."

In February 2005, the project went back to square one when the Milsteins submitted four new alternatives with various commercial-residential combos. A proposal to include a giant public aquarium sank to the bottom.

Some sources say Howard Milstein now seems more interested in running Emigrant Savings Bank, of which he is chief executive officer. Last year, a billboard at the 42nd Street site touting the new building was taken down and replaced with a sign for Emigrant.

Robert K. Futterman, the project's retail leasing agent, said he's unaware of anything going on. "What's in Howard's mind when he wakes up in the morning - development or the bank? I don't know," Futterman said.

"Retail tenants need a certainty about dates. Without a set plan, you can't really go too far down the road."

But Douglas Durst, developer of mammoth One Bryant Park, a short stroll to the east, said the waiting game "shows how smart Howard is. If he'd done something earlier, it would have gotten less value."

CB Richard Ellis chief Mary Ann Tighe, who's marketing the remaining office space in the Times tower for developer Bruce Ratner, said that site was once considered a "pioneering" location for new offices.

Now, "given that the Times has already pioneered that location, no one coming to the Milstein site is pioneering anything."

[email protected]
Old June 8th, 2006, 02:57 AM   #191
TalB
Refugee

http://www.nypost.com/realestate/comm/69703.htm
CONDO HOTEL IN THE WORKS

June 7, 2006 -- LINCOLN Property Company of Dallas is working on early plans to develop a new condo hotel mid-block by the Peninsula Hotel on W. 55th Streer right off Fifth Ave.

The townhouses already combined are at 12-18 W. 55th St. and will include and the air rights from the landmarked 9 W. 54th St.

Other nearby air rights purchases are possible to tip the future development up over the current 120,000 buildable feet.

No one returned calls for comment.

It all means that couture-quality evening gown and bridal designer Miriam Rigler is moving after 55 years at 14 W. 55th St. to 41 E. 60th St. this fall.

Faith Hope Consolo, Joseph A. Aquino, and Andrew Becerra Jr. of Prudential Douglas Elliman's Retail Leasing and Sales Division found the dressmaker the 1,800-foot, long-term lease. Robert Hinds of Eastgate Realty worked for the building in negotiations.
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:25 AM   #192
Pavlo
Старий Мейсон

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB
Either 297 or 300 Driggs St
Well this one came out of nowhere, lol, I remember there used to be a parking lot on the exact same spot.
Pavlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #193
krull
In Time

Likes (Received): 58

And yet another Hotel/Condo in the plans...

50-story hotel and condo tower planned for West 45th Street

02-JUN-06

A 50-story, mid-block, mixed-use tower has been designed by TEN Arquitectos to replace three low-rise buildings on West 45th Street.
Retail spaces in the buildings have recently been closed. The site consists of the 4-story building at 66 West 45th Street that housed the Vega House Chinese Restaurant, the 5-story building at 68 West 45th Street that housed Kitchen Provance, and the four-story building at 70 West 45th Street that housed Pizza Paradise.

A full-page, color rendering of the planned tower appeared today in the June, 2006 issue of New York Living Magazine in an article by Steven Cutler on Enrique Norten, the head of TEN Arquitectos. The article said that the building will have a 40-room hotel and 88 condominium apartments and that construction is expected to begin in the fall.

TEN Arquitectos has several other major projects underway in New York including One York Street in TriBeCa, Harlem Park, a mixed-use project on Park Avenue at 125th Street, and a new Library of the Visual and Performing Arts on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn.

The article also indicated it is designed “an ultra-high-end residential tower at 11th Avenue and 24th Street overlooking the Hudson River.

The firm was founded in 1986 in Mexico City and opened an office here in 2001. It was the subject of a major exhibition at the Museum of the City of New York last year.

The rendering of the 45th Street project indicates that it will have a low-rise base that holds the street-wall on 45th Street and a set-back tower that is white with an asymmetrical fenestration pattern that includes corner windows on alternate floors. The asymmetrical fenestration pattern, which has not yet been finalized, is somewhat reminiscent of the design by Bill Pedersen of Kohn Pedersen Fox for 122 Greenwich Avenue, a residential project of Hines Interests and Aby Rosen.

The 45th Street project is two doors to the west of the Sofitel Hotel and it is across the street from the black skyscraper at 1166 Avenue of the Americas, which has a large and lushly landscaped mid-block plaza.

Further west, Extell Investment Management was recently reported by The New York Sun to be assembling a site at 131-139 West 45th Street for a luxury hotel.

According to records at the Department of Buildings, the buildings at 66, 68 and 70 West 45th Street, are owned by Waterscape Resort LLS, which has a New York address in care of Jump Shot Sportswear Inc., at 15 West 34th Street of which Salim Assa is a principal. Waterscape Resort acquired the three buildings late last year for more than $20 million. The planned building is "as-of-right," that is, it can be built within existing building and zoning regulations. CityRealty.com placed a call Mr. Assa today but it was not returned.

Copyright © 1994-2006 CITY REALTY
krull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #194
TalB
Refugee

This shot from arbiter over at SSP shows that Schafer's Landing is either completed or is nearing completion.

Old June 9th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #195
jonovision

Likes (Received): 1

What's the building just behind the new proposed tower? The one with the circular top. I don't think I've ever seen it before.
jonovision no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #196
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3670

Sumptuous? rather Contemporary IMO, me like!!!

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #197
krull
In Time

2006 Manhattan Hotel Market Overview

06-07-2006

Manhattan market exhibits double-digit RevPAR growth every month in 2005 and exceeds former peak year 2000

HVS International, a global hospitality consulting firm, in conjunction with New York University's Preston Robert Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism, and Sports Management, recently completed the 2006 Manhattan Hotel Market Overview.

"In 2005, a record 41 million visitors experienced the excitement of New York City and NYC & Company projects another banner year in 2006," expressed Christyne L. Nicholas, President & CEO of NYC & Company. The strong demand for accommodation in Manhattan resulted in a strongly growing lodging market, registering a RevPAR increase of roundly 18.0% compared to 2004. Overall occupancy of 85.0% and average rate of $232.31 exceeded the historical peak achieved in 2000 (83.7% at $222.53); these 2005 performance figures are also higher than in any other year for which STR data for Manhattan is available. Continued RevPAR growth of ±12.0% is expected in 2006, primarily fueled by a strong growth in average rate, caused by an overall improved economic climate, strong barriers to entry, limited new supply, and increased compression.

In 2005, four new hotels entered the Manhattan market: the 140-room Hotel QT, the 125-room Holiday Inn Express, the 357-room Residence Inn, and the 136-room Hampton Inn. The opening of three branded hotels (the Holiday Inn Express and the Residence Inn are the first of their kind in the Manhattan market) demonstrates the appeal of branded limited- or focused-service hotels in Manhattan. While all four properties are located in the Midtown West area, three of them are located in the Times Square area. The Stanhope, the Plaza, the Melrose, and the Wyndham closed in 2005 for full or partial conversion to residential use.

Furthermore, 3,119 rooms, or 19 properties, may enter the Manhattan market in 2006 and 2007, including ten limited-service and seven boutique hotels. Significant barriers to entry, including high construction costs, prohibitive land costs, and a lack of available sites, continue to remain key factors when considering construction of lodging facilities in Manhattan.

Also included in the overview are the aggregate operating results of four distinct hotel segments and three neighborhoods. The boutique segment registered the strongest growth in supply from 1999 to 2005. Due to the very strong performance of the Manhattan lodging market in 2005, all four segments showed positive growth in terms of occupancy and double-digit growth in average rate, resulting in RevPAR growth of over 20% for all four segments.

In 2005, all of the neighborhoods recorded significant growth in their respective occupancies, with all neighborhoods exceeding their 2000 occupancy levels. The Downtown neighborhood experienced the most rapid supply growth between 1999 and 2005, while the Midtown West neighborhood experienced some growth and the Midtown East neighborhood decreased slightly during the same period.

Fourteen hotels were sold in 2005, exceeding the previous peak in transactions achieved in 2004, and two transactions occurred in the first quarter of 2006, while a third sale was pending. "As a result of the strength of the Manhattan lodging market, hotel values increased between 30% and 50% in 2005 compared to the previous year. In most cases, hotels are again the highest and best use for Manhattan properties today," states Steve Rushmore, President and Founder of HVS International.

Hotel investors continued to have an upbeat perspective of the Manhattan lodging market, as average rate experienced significant growth in 2005. In addition, financing continued to be readily available during this past year, as lenders also seemed to be optimistic about the Manhattan lodging market. Although we expect the Manhattan hotel market to remain active in terms of transactions in 2006, we anticipate the number of hotel sales to decrease gradually over the next few years.

© 1998 - 2006 Hotel News Resource
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #198
Siopao
レジスタドユーザー

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by krull

Vesta 24: 153 ft - 14 floors

Siopao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #199
krull
In Time

^ Yes I know is the dumbest rendering but that is all I could find. I think it was in a real estate website selling the unit condos. LOL!
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #200
krull
In Time

Ok some new stuff under construction...

Manhattan:

New Museum of Contemporary Art: 7 floors

Brooklyn:

The Edge (Tower 1): 40 floors

The Edge (Tower 2): 30 floors

230 Ashland Place: 28 floors

100 Luquer Street: 15 floors

45 Caton Place: 8 floors

Last edited by krull; June 13th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.

Tags
new york city