daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #2521
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Is there a render for that one?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #2522
DesignerVoodoo

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Finally some renders on this building, it's already U/C as well.

30-Story Nassau Street Tower Reveals Itself at Last

"The building is listed as 30 stories, and indeed, DOB permits indicate that the building is set to be two stories higher than originally planned. We're not sure whether the apartments will be rentals or condos..."

And...

Qatar prime minister to buy $250M of One57 condos

July 02, 2012 08:30AM

"The prime minister of Qatar has negotiated deals to by about $250 million worth of apartments in Extell Development’s One57 tower, including a nearly $100 million penthouse, the New York Post reported. Sheik Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber al-Thani turned his attention to Gary Barnett’s building after his bid to buy Huguette Clark’s Fifth Avenue penthouse for $31.5 million was rejected by the co-op board.

The 10,923-square-foot penthouse was already reported to be in contract for a nine-figure price north of $90 million, but the buyer’s identity was unknown. Sheik Hamad is also in discussions with purchasing four separate full-floor condominium units in the building, at 157 West 57th Street, which could bring the total purchase price to $250 million..."
Here you go ThatOneGuy.
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #2523
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Really random, but since graduating from NYU in May of last year I haven't been able to find a job so I've been volunteering, and one of the places I volunteer is called God's Love We Deliver (it's not religiously affiliated, I don't know why that's their name). But I just got a letter from them saying on the empty lot directly north of their building, which is on Spring and 6th, a developer plans to build a 14 story building, among other things, but just something to keep an eye on.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2524
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Really random, but since graduating from NYU in May of last year I haven't been able to find a job so I've been volunteering, and one of the places I volunteer is called God's Love We Deliver (it's not religiously affiliated, I don't know why that's their name). But I just got a letter from them saying on the empty lot directly north of their building, which is on Spring and 6th, a developer plans to build a 14 story building, among other things, but just something to keep an eye on.
Glad you quickly apologized for working with an entity that has God in its name. Phew! that was close. Somebody might have thought you were a whacko!
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #2525
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Mercedes House finishes up:

all photos: http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2012/1...edes_house.php
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #2526
ThatOneGuy

If only they would redevelop the telephone tower behind it.
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #2527
DesignerVoodoo

Likes (Received): 91

Nassau Street Tower from the corner of Nassau and Ann Street. Photo is mine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by DesignerVoodoo; December 14th, 2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling
DesignerVoodoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #2528
Minsk

Likes (Received): 1787

Modular Residential Tower To Be Built at Atlantic Yards

Forest City Ratner Companies (FCRC) just announced that they will be partnering with Skanska, one of the world’s largest construction and development groups, for the B2 project. This project is making headlines because it will be the first residential tower that is part of the Atlantic Yards Development in Brooklyn using modular construction. FCRC plans to break ground on the 32-story building on December 18th and anticipates that the building will open in 2014. While high-rise modular technology has been initially developed for use at Atlantic Yards, this new industry has the potential to create modular components for construction projects across New York City and worldwide, becoming the first major manufacturing expansion in New York City since manufacturing began its decline over a generation ago.

The project will consist of modular components in a 100,000 square-foot space located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. They estimate that there will be 125 unionized workers employed at the fabrication facility beginning in late spring, 2012 when modular production is fully under way.

Source: www.archdaily.com

Minsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #2529
Phobos

I almost cry when I remeber it could have been Gehry instead of this.They made a cheap copy of his version.
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #2530
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Here's not-so exciting filler project in the East Village located at 84 Third Avenue.

image hosted on flickr

The Local East Village

image hosted on flickr

denkmanttlb

image hosted on flickr

denkmanttlb

Another East Village Project located at 21 East 1st Street.

Curbed

Curbed

Curbed

Update on 51 Astor Place.

EVG

EVG

Update on 180 Ludlow Street on the Lower East Side. This project was stalled for several years and recently has restarted and will become a hotel.

http://evgrieve.com/2012/11/ludlow-h...-like.html?m=1

EVG

This is a tiny 16-story sliver building being built on a 17 foot wide site at 133 Third Ave at 14th Street in the East Village.

image hosted on flickr

NYC DOB

EVG

EVG

The "Mystery Lot" on 14th Street between 2nd and 3rd Aves is finally being developed. Its a less than glamorous project, but better than the weed filled lot that has been there for over a decade.

EVG

EVG
sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #2531
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 18868

Those filler buildings in NYC are great - good urbanism, big windows, elegant elevation materials. This simple yet classy architecture won't get old that fast.

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łódź - Remonty kamienic i zabytków - 2010, 2011, 2012
Łódzkie absurdy drogowe - ŁAD na Facebooku!

NYC & EastCoast USA!
dexter2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #2532
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

The boom never ends. New 30 story hotel, one of the mystery projects near my house finally gets an identity as a 20 story hotel, and Monian apparently has plans for a new 50 story hotel on 6th Ave. Imagine what will happen when the economy actually gets its footing.

Hotel to rise on 38th St.
By LOIS WEISS
Last Updated: 12:18 AM, December 15, 2012
Posted: 12:08 AM, December 15, 2012

"Morris Moinian’s Fortuna Realty Group is buying two small apartment and commercial loft properties at 25 and 27 W. 38th St. that will be torn down to make way for a 30-story 175-room hotel.

The project, set to rise near Lord & Taylor between Fifth and Sixth avenues, is being designed by Nobutaka Ashihara, who is also designing Moinian’s 20-story 124-room hotel at 525 Greenwich St. in Hudson Square, The Post has learned. That hotel will overlook the low-rise UPS complex.

The price of the two midblock properties is expected to be about $12 million.

The sellers, Shimshon Klugman’s Quality Capital and Shifra Hager’s Cornell Realty Management, are flipping the buildings for a quick profit. In August, they paid roughly $13 million for four buildings from the longtime family holders.

In March Moinian bought 1150 Avenue of the Americas, where he intends to build a five-star 50-story hotel tower with 400 rooms..."
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #2533
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19706

wow!! really nice low rise projects!
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #2534
ThatOneGuy

Wtf, are they building in alleyways, now? That's one of the skinniest buildings I've seen!
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2535
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Extell taps Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill to design new 57th Street tower

Wuhan Greenland Center, a project of Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill

Quote:
Gary Barnett has hired Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, the designers of the world’s tallest building, the 2,717-foot Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to design his new 1,550-foot 57th Street tower, the Wall Street Journal reported. The Nordstrom anchored mixed-use building, plans to rise some 300 feet above the Empire State Building when completed.

According to Barnett, it was Nordstrom, which has agreed to lease 285,000 square feet in the building, that recommended Adrian Smith. Extell had been considering Swiss designers Herzog & de Meuron, and New York-based SHoP Architects, one of the designers of Barclays Center, for the project, according to the Times.

“We want to have our best Nordstrom store in the best retail city in the world,” Colin Johnson, a spokesperson for Nordstrom, said. “That means being part of a building that we hope will become an iconic part of the Manhattan landscape.”

But since plans are still preliminary and since permits were filed as recently as Thanksgiving, the actual height of building, located on Broadway between 57th and 58th streets, could easily change before breaking ground. However at its current planned height the new tower would easily offer some of the highest residences in the city
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #2536
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I'd be very happy with something like that.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #2537
sbarn

Here is an update on the latest Chelsea Seminary conversion and new construction at 455 West 20th Street. This project is sure to turn out very nice.

This project is #15 on the image below:

Curbed

ArchPaper

ArchPaper

ArchPaper

A couple photos by me over the Thanksgiving holiday (just getting around to posting these):
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 18th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #2538
sbarn

I noticed today that Kamco Building Supplies has moved their operations to a building under the Highline. According to Curbed, 153 10th Avenue will soon become condos. Photos by me.

Another Set of Condos Will Soon Tower Over the High Line
Oct 28th, 2011

Developer Ziel Feldman is probably about to get control of troubled One Madison Park, so perhaps a slightly more sure investment would be a good choice for his next project. He's probably found one in the three lots he tells The Real Deal he just purchased next to the High Line (for an estimated $42.7 million to $48.5 million). Feldman's HFZ Capital Group will be building a 100,000-square-foot mixed-use building on those lots—153 Tenth Avenue, 505-509 West 19th Street, and 511-513 West 19th Street—with towers on either side of every real estate developer's favorite elevated park. The mixed-use breakdown: 10,000 square feet of retail and 90,000 square feet of residential, with condos for sure and possibly rentals as well.

It's too soon to know what the buildings will look like or exactly how much they'll cost, but one source tells The Real Deal that 456 West 19th Street, Cary Tamarkin's curvy condos, would make a good comp. Those units have been selling for $1,400 to $2,400/square foot, so start saving now, folks. And if anyone gets renders, you know what to do.

image hosted on flickr

There was an army of workers doing asbestos abatement.
image hosted on flickr

I looked at DOB and couldn't find any new building permits, but I may have the address wrong.
Old December 18th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #2539
sbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
I was walking on the Highline yesterday and noticed a new project I'd never heard of before on 24th Street. Looks like a 10 story condo will rise on this plot. The design looks pretty boring though.

image hosted on flickr

Massing Diagrams from the DOB website:
image hosted on flickr

Edit: maybe the facade will turn out to be interesting? :shrug:
I passed this project today as well. Looks like things are progressing rather slowly, but there was a crew of workers excavating the site.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2540
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Extell taps Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill to design new 57th Street tower

Wuhan Greenland Center, a project of Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill
I will be 1550 ft high? It is taller than 432 par avenue, isn't it?
Nikonov_Ivan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city