daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 16th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #3381
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4607

Not to forget Chelsea Modern, Shigeru Ban masterpiece and not so talked about Metal Shutter House, the HL23 like building on 25th street (forgot the exact address). This is one of the most stunning places to walk around and see great architecture anywhere in the world. I'm glad Zaha Hadid is joining the fun. I was actually getting worried because of those few duds going up in the area lately (namingly Avalon Chelsea etc)

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #3382
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Now the east side of Manhattan needs to catch up architecturally.
sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #3383
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Definitely agree! I'm kinda jealous with all the good things happening in the west side. I'm looking forward to the completion of the 2nd ave line and hopefully the city moves forward developing the east side esplanade riverside project. Those two things should spur better developments architecturally... Hopefully.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #3384
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1818

New York Projekts and Constructions Video on youtube by me I have much freetime because of the vacations, so there will come more videos like this about chinese cities. You see every skyscraperprojekt which is over 200m tall in this video Please write a commend the video if you find a mistake, Thanks
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #3385
Ghostface79

Quote:
I feel sorry for the East side of Manhattan these days. When you look at the west side from the WTC, to Tribeca, to the West Village, to Hudson Yards, to Riverside South and the Pyramid next to it, my beloved East side got nothing comparable to those devellepment. Even East River Park doesn't come close to Hudson River Park. I'm not as positive as you are about the east side catching up cause most of it is already built and public housing as well as Hospitals and NIMBY UES occupy a lot of that space and they will be hard to remove.
Boy have times changed, I remember when the East side, especially the UES was THE place to be in the city and the West Side was kind of the Wild West, clearly not the case anymore
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #3386
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22566

let the west side build big, the east side can still be the better place to live then.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #3387
Ghostface79

It sure is! not sure if it's still the "better" place to live in the city. But I love it, as most people still do.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #3388
Vertical_Gotham

Don't forget another unique project u/c at the highline, 500 W 21st Street developed by Sherwood Equities & designed by KPF!

Me Likes.

Old July 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #3389
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Another new CPS tower?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...FTThirdStories
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #3390
sbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Can't access WSJ, any notable quotes? I'd love to see that building replaced (if its the one I'm thinking of).
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #3391
sbarn

Update on 37 Warren rooftop addition in Tribeca.

Tribeca Citizen

Renderings:

ManhattanLux

Another rooftop addition nearby is 93 Worth, on Broadway.

Tribeca Citizen

Make of them what you will...

Last edited by sbarn; July 17th, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #3392
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Can't access WSJ, any notable quotes? I'd love to see that building replaced (if its the one I'm thinking of).
It just discussed the pros and cons of razing the Park Lane. I can't see the Park Lane and 650 Madison not coming down.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #3393
sbarn

Tribeca Citizen had a great rundown of projects under construction in the neighborhood today.

460 Washington:

Tribeca Citizen

No Rendering.

Sterling Mason:

Tribeca Citizen

Rendering:

Tribeca Citizen

11 North Moore:

Tribeca Citizen

Rendering:

Tribeca Citizen

84 White Street:

Tribeca Citizen

No Rendering.

Franklin Place:

Tribeca Citizen

The Real Deal

15 Leonard:

Tribeca Citizen

Rendering:

Tribeca Citizen

71 Reade:

Tribeca Citizen

Rendering:

Tribeca Citizen

Tribeca Citizen

12 Warren:

Tribeca Citizen

No Rendering.

19 Park Place:

Tribeca Citizen

Tribeca Citizen

Projects yet to start:

290 West Street:

Tribeca Citizen

403 Greenwich:

Tribeca Citizen

83 Walker:

Tribeca Citizen
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #3394
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
It just discussed the pros and cons of razing the Park Lane. I can't see the Park Lane and 650 Madison not coming down.

Here's another article on Park Lane:
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/0..._come_next.php

Quote:
the estate of Leona Helmsley is selling the Park Lane Hotel for more then $650 million to the Witkoff Group
Quote:
Witkoff plans to turn "the bulk of the property" into high-end condos, but it's still unclear if that means the current building will be converted or if they'll knock it now and start anew.

Both routes have their complications. If the tower is torn down, a rezoning would be necessary to build a taller tower; current regulations would allow for a building two-thirds the size of the 46-story, 370,000-square-foot hotel. Converting would also prove tricky. The Journal points out that since the building was construction in the 1970s, it lacks the pre-war goodness that allows other condo conversions to ask nosebleed prices.
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #3395
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Quote:
Park Lane Hotel in Deal to be Sold for $650 Million

Quote:
The craze for super-luxury condominiums in Manhattan near Central Park is poised to spread to a fixture on the park's southern edge.

A team led by New York development company Witkoff Group has reached an agreement with the estate of real-estate magnate Leona Helmsley to buy the 46-story Park Lane Hotel on Central Park South for more than $650 million, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deal.

The New York-based developer plans to turn the bulk of the property—the tallest building on Central Park South that towers over the Plaza Hotel just to its east—into high-priced condominiums, these people said. Still, it remained unclear whether Witkoff plans to tear down the hotel and build a new tower, or whether the company would convert the existing hotel.

Whichever route the developer takes, the project stands to be a high-stakes bet on the continued strength of the upper-crust Manhattan condo market that would require hundreds of millions of dollars in more work.

[...]

Hurdles could lie ahead for whatever the development company—led by Steven Witkoff—plans for the building. If it opts to tear down the 370,000-square-foot property, zoning regulations only allow it to build a tower about two-thirds the size.

Converting has its perils as well: Ceilings throughout the building are low, and the building lacks the prewar architecture that has helped boost the appeal of other high-priced conversions.

People who have looked at the property say any plan will likely need to be worked out with the hotel workers' union. Fearing the loss of jobs on a nearby site last decade, the union successfully pushed the owners of the Plaza Hotel to keep a scaled-down hotel in their condo conversion of the property.

[...]
Pretty high price for such a terrible menu of options...
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #3396
Vertical_Gotham

Cornell NYC Tech Taps 'Master Developer'
http://www.cornellsun.com/section/ne...ster-developer

Quote:
The rapidly developing Cornell NYC Tech made another stride forward last month when it inked a deal with developer Forest City Ratner Companies, which will be the “master developer” of the first phase of construction at the tech campus. As part of the deal, Forest City Ratner will help develop two buildings on the tech campus’ Roosevelt Island site. The first, a 200,000-square-foot “corporate co-location building,” will both house tech companies and be used by tech campus students. The building will include common spaces to promote frequent, informal interactions between students and tech industry professionals.
Quote:
Forest City Ratner will also oversee development of Cornell Tech’s first academic building, which will encompass 150,000 square feet of space. The building will be designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Thom Mayne.

Ulpia-Serdica liked this post
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3397
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

No Anna Selldorf?

Rafael Vinoly Is the Starchitect Behind 22 Thames Street

Quote:
The former American Stock Exchange building at 22 Thames Street sold, in 2011, to two developers who planned to demolish the 10-story building and replace it with 60 stories of rentals. But those plans never came to pass—instead, fittingly for an ex-stock exchange property, the developers turned around and sold the buildings to the Fisher Brothers for $150 million. What's next? Tribeca Citizen spots an update to the Community Board 1 meeting agenda indicating that Rafael Vinoly, of 432 Park fame, is the architect on the project.
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #3398
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3591

Four new renders of Zaha's Highline building up on Curbed.

TowerVerre:), sbarn, xXFallenXx liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #3399
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Fisher Deal Could Yield Tower At 3rd and 40th

605 Third

Quote:
A half-stake in two Midtown office buildings developed and controlled by the Fisher Bros. is in a hard contract to Rockpoint for roughly $550 million in cash but will recapitalize the properties at $2.1 billion as Rockpoint will also take on over $1 billion in debt, equating the price to $650 per foot. Two cancer research centers created by the late billionaire shipping magnate Daniel Ludwig will be the beneficiaries of the sale by National Bulk Carriers.

Ludwig invested with the Fishers when they developed the towers at 1345 Avenue of the Americas and 605 Third Ave. Under the terms of his estate, in 2006 Ludwig’s foundation set up the cancer centers and gave them the proceeds from the buildings. The 49.5 percent interests offered through Douglas Harmon, Adam Spies and Joshua King at Eastdil Secured attracted worldwide interest, sources said. Rockpoint, however, has a good relationship with the Fishers, having been partners with them at both Park Avenue Plaza, in a deal that was in part orchestrated by Harmon and Spies, and in 299 Park Ave.

The 1.9 million square feet in the 1345 tower also includes the Ziegfeld Theater. The 1.1 million square-foot 605 Third takes up the eastern blockfront between 39th and 40th streets and comes with a six-story, 705-car garage on the far eastern end of the lot separated from the tower by Tunnel Exit Street.

This garage is actually a development site and we hear the Fishers will end up increasing their equity interest in the site and redeveloping it with a residential tower of around 250,000 square feet — purposely designed to be slender and not obstruct the views from 605.

As we’ve told you in the past and as colleague Steve Cuozzo advised you yesterday, its largest tenant, Neuberger Berman, has a lease up in 2017 and has been out scouting for 300,000 square feet.

[...]
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #3400
sbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Four new renders of Zaha's Highline building up on Curbed.
I'm seriously in love with this building.

Photo of the Greenwich Lane development on 7th Avenue in the Village - this project is massive, taking up a better part of a block. The steelwork seen is supporting facades and existing structures that will be reincorporated into the new development.

image hosted on flickr

(photo by me)

Tags
new york city