daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:40 AM   #3901
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Revealed: 101 West 28th Street

Quote:
New renderings have been posted for Lexin Capital’s 101 West 28th Street, which has undergone a re-design helmed by Nobutaka Ashihara. The 28-story tower is located on the corner of 28th Street and Sixth Avenue, and has been sitting fallow since the recession.

Along with the new images of the project, equipment has also appeared on-site, and workers confirmed that construction is now a go. The development will stand 296 feet tall and be a mix of hotel and residential, with a total of 152 units.

[...]

TowerVerre:), streetscapeer liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:51 AM   #3902
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

I was questioning the Zaha building, but I must say that it is incredible!!! That is an unparalleled example of high quality metal and glass!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:19 AM   #3903
surya6.it

Likes (Received): 1

A remarkable work in a city that never sleeps!!!...
surya6.it no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM   #3904
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10289

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
^ Rather weak design for this incredible location. Disappointing.
I think it blends well, although a little more height wouldn't hurt

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

streetscapeer liked this post
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:40 PM   #3905
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

uh, that facade looks stunning!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:29 AM   #3906
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
I was questioning the Zaha building, but I must say that it is incredible!!! That is an unparalleled example of high quality metal and glass!

Yea it will be a great addition to the high line!

Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #3907
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 18868

That is only the second her project that I like... Because It's second project in which she considered sorroundings and fully filled the lot.

Anyway Highline is becoming something like en exhibit for greatest pieces of architecture of our times.

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łˇdź - Remonty kamienic i zabytkˇw - 2010, 2011, 2012
Łˇdzkie absurdy drogowe - ŁAD na Facebooku!

NYC & EastCoast USA!

TowerVerre:), streetscapeer, Zabonz liked this post
dexter2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #3908
Vertical_Gotham

Alternative Domino Plan Proposes Art Space, Not Apartments
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/1...apartments.php

Quote:
There's a very vocal group of North Brooklyn residents that oppose Two Trees' plans to redevelop the Domino Sugary Factory, and last week, they descended on a public meeting to make their opinions heard. Now, because everyone loves pretty renderings, they've taken the next step and enlisted Holm Architecture Office to draw up a proposal that adaptively reuses the factory buildings. Instead of demolishing many of the decrepit structures to build office space, community amenities, and 2,220 apartments, HAO's proposal, first shared on Arch Daily, calls for saving the buildings on the site and revamping them into a "world-class cultural destination" filled with performance space, art galleries, a hotel, education centers, public parks, and affordable housing. Read more in link

TowerVerre:), erbse liked this post
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #3909
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3591

I've got to be honest, I prefer this lowrise version better than the SHoP towers. Reminds me of the renovated Ferry Building in San Francisco. But I don't get much sense that there's even a sliver of a chance for HAO's alternate proposal.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3910
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Classic NIMBY counter-proposal: build absolutely nothing except an 'amenity deck' for lucky area residents. I've seen this in other cities where pressure groups try to extort public and private interests for their self-interest "clubhouse". And in true activist fashion, they completely ignore the economics of redeveloping this site. To pull this pipe dream off they would need the land and buildings for free and a large foundation grant.

Last edited by desertpunk; November 25th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #3911
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Downtown Brooklyn Church Being Converted Into Condos

Quote:
Brownstoner spotted this rendering on a construction fence at 200 Nassau Street. Interior demolition has already begun on the site's current inhabitant, the Church of the Open Door/Dr. White Community Center, in order to make way for a residential conversion from Robert Scarano-disciple Nataliya Donskoy, who is really making a name for herself with buildings that look like Hasbro toys mid-transformation.

Old November 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #3912
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Classic NIMBY counter-proposal: build absolutely nothing except an 'amenity deck' for lucky area residents. I've seen this in other cities where pressure groups try to extort public and private interests for their self-interest "clubhouse". And in true activist fashion, they completely ignore the economics of redeveloping this site. To pull this pipe dream off they would need the land and buildings for free and a large foundation grant.
honestly I don't see this new proposal realistic considering NYC is in need of new housing. De Blasio is an advocate for more housing so I'm afraid this new proposal that the NIMBY's want ain't gonna get.
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #3913
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

HAP unveils new plans for Washington Heights site

Quote:
HAP Investment Developers has revealed plans to construct a seven-story apartment complex at 4452 and 4454 Broadway in Washington Heights. The move comes just two months after HAP derailed the plans of rival developer Quadriad, who had planned a three-building development on the site, by buying two of three parcels out from under the Manhattan-based developer.

The buildings will now be about 21 stories shorter than what Quadriad hoped to build. HAP’s plans call for 128 units of rental housing and one floor for commercial use, at 4452 Broadway.

The parcel of land, prized for its proximity to the subway , was originally surveyed by Quadriad, a developer with projects in Brooklyn and Queens, for two towers as high as 28 stories. But the plan called for rezoning of the area, a change that didn’t pass muster with Manhattan’s Community Board 12.

HAP purchased a portion of Quadriad’s proposed site in April 2013, at which point Quadriad’s plans to rezone could not proceed without HAP’s agreement. HAP announced that it had no plans to pursue a partnership and that it would build on the site as of right.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #3914
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Coach Tower steals the show as 500 W. 30th St. nears completion:

image hosted on flickr

New Neighbors, NYC by Hardcore Shutterbug, on Flickr

Nearby, Avalon West Chelsea slowly clads up:

image hosted on flickr

Along The Highline, NYC (2) by Hardcore Shutterbug, on Flickr

Old November 26th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #3915
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Here's a first, a double cantilever! A new proposal for 215 West 28th Street, currently a parking lot:

EastMillinocket @ WNY

sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #3916
Vertical_Gotham

APPROVED but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Domino Sugar project gets thumbs up from land use committee
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/11/...use-committee/

Quote:
Community Board One’s land use committee gave Two Trees’ Domino Sugar Factory conversion plan the green light last night in a seven-to-one vote.
Two Trees’ promise to include 660 units of affordable housing reportedly went over well with the board, which also recommended hiring locally for the project and suggested a redistribution of the development’s affordable housing units. The current plan would place one fifth of the affordable units in the development’s first tower rather than spreading them evenly among all five.
Two Trees launched the ULURP process at the beginning of November, and the proposal will go before the full community board for review in the coming weeks. [Brownstoner] — Julie Strickland

streetscapeer, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #3917
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Here's a first, a double cantilever! A new proposal for 215 West 28th Street, currently a parking lot:

EastMillinocket @ WNY
What is that cantilevering over? It looks like it is over two masses that reach the cantilevers, with existing buildings on either side (not under the cantilever). Either way, it is a welcome change from the single cantilevered buildings, with each one getting ever closer to some of the LSD fueled plans for Tomorrow! Bring on the "Dumbo" buildings!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #3918
Vertical_Gotham

New details on Tribeca condo Reade Chambers
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/11/...eade-chambers/

Reade Chambers, a new six-story Tribeca condominium building developed by a partnership between SK Development and Ironstate Development, will have 17 units, three of them penthouses, according to a spokesperson for the developers.

Asking prices start at $1.4 million for the apartments, which will range from one- to four-bedrooms, the spokesperson said. Goldstein, Hill & West is serving as architect of record, while Selldorf Architects is handling interior design.

Bruce Ehrmann and Andrew Anderson of Douglas Elliman Development Marketing are the exclusive sales agents for the building at 71 Reade Street, which also goes by the address 87 Chambers Street. Sales are expected to launch early next year, with an opening date of early 2015.

The development site can accommodate up to about 80,000 square feet of residential space, as previously reported. — Mark Maurer

Details, Starchitect Revealed For New Reade Street Condo
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/1...reet_condo.php

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; November 27th, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #3919
Vertical_Gotham

Hotel Conversion, Glassy 8-Story Addition For 17 John Street
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/1...ohn_street.php

Quote:
Earlier this year, Prodigy Network bought 17 John Street from Metro Lofts with plans to convert the structure, along with a former New School dorm at 84 William Street, into a long-stay hotel. The project didn't really strike our fancy as anything exciting, but that has most certainly changed. Not only will the art deco 17 John be converted, but Prodigy wants to add an 8-story glass topper by famed architect Winka Dubbeldam , who calls the addition "a glowing crystal in the sky" in a promotion video. Permits have not yet been filed with the Department of Buildings, but reps say the developer is in the process of doing so. Upon completion, the new building will stand 23-stories high. There are currently more than 100 units in the building, and it's unclear when the tenants have to leave.

Old November 28th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #3920
El_Greco
╔pater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
APPROVED but let's not get ahead of ourselves! Domino Sugar project gets thumbs up from land use committee http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/11/...use-committee/
My kind of stuff. It's also great that they are planning to spread the affordable units over the entire development. Good news for community cohesion.

Btw, the renders are confusing - it looks to me like they show two different schemes. Which one are they going to build?

El_Greco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york city