daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2016, 07:52 PM   #6401
Torch

Likes (Received): 1015

Isaac Chetrit, Yadidi plan Midtown tower of up to 80 stories
Investors have now amassed 375K buildable sf along Sixth Ave.
The Real Deal

Quote:
Investors Isaac Chetrit and Ray Yadidi are planning a mixed-use skyscraper of up to 80 stories in the Garment District, after closing Wednesday on the missing piece of an assemblage spanning 375,000 square feet, sources told The Real Deal.
The block-long assemblage on Sixth Avenue between West 36th and 37th streets consists of two existing buildings and 235,000 square feet of adjacent air rights. Himmel + Meringoff Properties sold the air rights affiliated with the landmarked Haier Building at 1352-1362 Broadway, also known as 981-987 Sixth Avenue for an undisclosed price, sources said. The Haier Building itself is not part of the assemblage.

Given the as-of-right zoning, sources said the most probable use of the property is a mix of residential, hotel and retail. ...

Picture of the site (NY.Curbed)

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:37 PM   #6402
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3592

Whoa. 80 stories and only a couple blocks from the Empire State Building. I consider that very exciting news, although we should gird ourselves for some blowback from those who don't want to see ESB crowded.

Edit: Went ahead and made a thread in Proposed Supertalls: NEW YORK | 989-993 Sixth Avenue | 80 Floors | Pro

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by MarshallKnight; April 22nd, 2016 at 12:13 AM.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 01:02 AM   #6403
Torch

Likes (Received): 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Whoa. 80 stories and only a couple blocks from the Empire State Building. I consider that very exciting news, although we should gird ourselves for some blowback from those who don't want to see ESB crowded.
80 stories could mean supertall or very shortly under it. I don't see an issue with being to near at ESB. It wouldn't block any major skyline views of the ESB.

Unless I made some flaws, the picture should show where a supertall could block the ESB. Shaded yellow area full blockage of ESB, unshaded partially blocked views on ESB.

The picture shows that people working in New York Times Tower would not be too happy.

erbse, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Torch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 03:28 AM   #6404
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

First Domino Sugar Refinery Tower at 325 Kent Avenue Now Rising Above Williamsburg

Quote:
After breaking ground last spring, the first tower of Two Trees’ three million-square-foot Domino Sugar Refinery Master Plan has finally lifted out of of the ground. Addressed 325 Kent Avenue (Site E), the 400,000-square-foot building rises one block inland from the East River waterfront and the remaining five parcels of the master plan. The future 16-story, 189-foot-tall project covers three-quarters of its block bound by Kent and Wythe Avenues and South 3rd and 4th Streets. All in all, the two-winged tower will hold a whopping 522 rental units, making it the second largest residential building in Williamsburg after the also-in-construction 2 North 6th Street.

Now already on its third level, the building should be topped off by the end of the summer and completion is anticipated for sometime next year. There will be 105 below-market rate units and a housing lottery will launch later this year.

Ultimately the Domino project will look like this:

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 03:52 AM   #6405
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Checking in on Adam America’s Trio of Developments on a Single Boerum Hill Block

Six Ten Warren

595 Baltic St.

577 Baltic St.

Checking in on Adam America’s Trio of Developments on a Single Boerum Hill Block
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:30 PM   #6406
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Citizen 360 rising

https://twitter.com/FieldCondition

http://skyrisecities.com/database/projects/citizen-360
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:36 PM   #6407
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Rendering, Details Revealed for Glassy Condos Replacing Streit’s Matzo Factory

Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:28 PM   #6408
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

The facade of Citizen 360 looks pretty nice on the renders.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:24 PM   #6409
Josedc

Likes (Received): 1175

am I the only one who is not a big fan of those supertall and super "skinny" projects?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:10 PM   #6410
Opulentus

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josedc View Post
am I the only one who is not a big fan of those supertall and super "skinny" projects?
No you're not. They're ugly and don't fit in.

Josedc, sk327, benpicko, Nexis, AbidM and 2 others liked this post
Opulentus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 05:42 PM   #6411
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 25259

Too bad for you guys, I'm a huge fan of them!
Old April 24th, 2016, 06:36 PM   #6412
cardiff

Likes (Received): 5849

I like the fact New York is getting its pinnacles back, as the skyline has plateaued over the past couple of decades, but i do think their proportions are too skinny and feel uncomfortable on the eye (surely they would sway in the wind? (John Hancock in Chicago swayed in a minor storm when i was on the observation deck).
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 08:47 PM   #6413
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 25259

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiff View Post
I like the fact New York is getting its pinnacles back, as the skyline has plateaued over the past couple of decades
This is precisely why I'm a huge fan.

cardiff, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
streetscapeer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 09:16 PM   #6414
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

East River construction

DSCF9349 by martinol42, on Flickr

storms991, erbse, Minsk, streetscapeer, Zabonz and 4 others liked this post
Old April 24th, 2016, 10:02 PM   #6415
Momosty

Likes (Received): 16

What are the two buildings being built to the left of 616 1st Ave ?

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Momosty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 12:03 AM   #6416
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

I think they're both part of the NYU Langone expansion.

New rendering for 70 Vestry.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/re...r-tribeca.html

Quote:
The 46 apartments will range from 1,900 square feet to more than 7,000 square feet, with ceilings rising more than 12 feet in some units. Kitchens will feature four ovens: steam, convection, traditional and speed. Most apartments will also have two washers and two dryers. Honed marble master baths will have nickel-framed fluted-glass doors and large side-by-side medicine cabinets. Prices will start at $6.25 million.

According to Related, the building will top out by the beginning of next year, and is expected to open in early 2018
So, if you're a fan of ovens, this is the building for you.

Last edited by bodegavendetta; April 25th, 2016 at 04:51 AM.
bodegavendetta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 08:04 PM   #6417
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

First Look StudiosC’s Bed Stuy Rental Underway at 1875 Atlantic Avenue

Old April 27th, 2016, 01:05 AM   #6418
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

Some company for One Manhattan Square?

47-Story Tower Beside Extell on the LES Waterfront
http://www.boweryboogie.com/2016/04/...es-waterfront/

Quote:
Former Pathmark Pharmacy at 237 Cherry St.
Quote:
Roy Schoenberg (pka Little Cherry LLC) previously partnered with Two Bridges Neighborhood Council and Settlement Housing Fund to construct a 47-story residential (mixed income) tower at 237-247 Cherry Street. The community group, which owns the land beneath the brick box, agreed to unload the Pharmacy/Rent-a-Center site to Schoenberg for $4 million, but later backed out of the deal, triggering a $50 million lawsuit from Schoenberg. (Little Cherry owns the lease on half the retail; Extell has the other half through 2044.) The legal fight, while ongoing, is apparently water under the proverbial bridge at this point. The development is back on track with a settlement slated for later this spring.

TBNC circulated an ambiguous letter to residents over the weekend about the new “residential tower proposed to be built adjacent to the Two Bridges Senior Apartment building at 80 Rutgers,” while simultaneously announcing a tenant meeting this week for official announcement. Those in the senior building are reportedly worried, rightfully, about whether they’ll have a home after this monstrosity is constructed. And while details are currently lacking, word on the street is that a familiar face is linked to the supertall project – SHoP Architects – which already has a history of working with this community organization.

So, it now makes more sense why Two Bridges Neighborhood Council allegedly sent a letter to Community Board 3 earlier this year regarding the Chinatown Working Group zoning proposal and its treatment of the waterfront (Subsection D). We’re told the nonprofit specifically asked for no height caps in the area. Mind boggling. Until this coastline is protected, we can easily expect a blinding wall of glass along the South Street waterfront. This new tower, rising at least 50 stories adds to that mess.

Moreover, there is a feeling among neighbors that the Two Bridges Neighborhood Council is selling out its base, and keeping residents in the dark about overall plans. First to Extell – updates don’t always trickle down to residents of 82 Rutgers – and now for this newest tower. Even the back room staff is in upheaval.

Most suspicious are the major organizational changes that seem to have happened just before the announcement that Little Cherry is indeed a go. For instance, two power players stepped down from the board. Associate Director (and historian) Kerri Culhane, second in command to Victor Papa, resigned (her picture is still on the site, though); board chair, Vincent Wong, is no longer Chair (Position now vacant). The website was reportedly updated Friday to reflect the personnel change.
Meanwhile, public record shows that the years-running lawsuit will be settled within the next couple months. The two parties were ordered by Judge Jeffrey Oing to continue the conversation regarding a settlement, with a subsequent court date set for June.

$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Two Bridges Neighborhood Council is settling with Little Cherry for new building
Old April 28th, 2016, 03:28 PM   #6419
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 16998

Due to Missed trains , and Bad Weather I could not fulfill my trips I laided out a few pages ago.. So Here is the New plan , hopefully the weather behaves itself... I did cut out a few Suburban towns I was going to do , but I added more city neighborhoods to the list...

Saturday - April 30th

Brooklyn
  • Downtown Brooklyn
  • Brooklyn Heights
  • Brooklyn Waterfront
  • DUMBO
  • Gowanus
  • Park Slope
  • Red Hook (extra)

Manhattan
  • Nolita
  • Lower East Side
  • Chinatown
  • South Street
  • Battery Park
  • Financial District
  • World Trade Center
  • Civic Center
  • Tribeca
  • Soho
  • Greenwich Village
  • The HighLine
  • Hudson Yards
  • 57th Street Corridor
  • Upper East Side - Up to 96th Street

Queens
  • Long Island City
  • Astoria

May 3rd or 4th

Long Island
  • Malevern
  • Lynbrook
  • Valley Stream
  • Rockville Center

Manhattan
  • Madison Square Park
  • Kips Bay
  • Roosevelt Island
  • East Harlem
  • 110th Street
  • West Harlem
  • Inwood

Subway Stations to be photographed
  • 125th Street on the 1 Train
  • Dyckman Street on 1 Train

The Bronx
  • Spuyten Duvil
  • Fieldston
  • Riverdale

Hudson Valley
  • Yonkers
  • Scarborough

Urban Jersey
  • Union City
  • Weehawken
  • Jersey City Heights
  • Hoboken
  • Backside of Newport
  • Historic Downtown Jersey City
  • Journal Square
  • Harrison
  • The Ironbound
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #6420
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Queens’ Tallest Tower Gets Bumped to Supertall Status at 984 Feet

Quote:
In February, Flushing-based developer Chris Jiashu Xu of United Construction & Development Group filed plans for a 79-story, 964-foot residential tower in Long Island City, giving it the title of would-be tallest tower in Queens. Dubbed Court Square City View Tower, it’s located just north of One Court Square (the borough’s current tallest building at 658 feet), but new information reveals that it will now steal the title by even more of a landslide.

The developer put in a request with the Federal Aviation Administration for a 984-foot-tall tower, sending it into supertall territory. And with its mechanical bulkhead, the structure will rise 1,000 feet.

Tags
new york city