daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 26th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #1
Carletto
SLO-Zeneise inside

Likes (Received): 592

Bratislava - The capital of Slovakia

During my trip to Praha I took a low cost flight to Bratislava (19.90€, thanks RyanAir! ), the capital of Slovakia.
It was my first time in Bratislava and in whole SK. I slept there just the first night, which was a saturday night so I could enjoy some good nightlife as well. Unfortunately I forgot my tripod at the hostel and so I have no night pics of Bratislava's old town, which is small but pretty and well lightened at night.
Anyway I have some pitures I took when I came back from Praha before flying back to Italy... here they are!

Petržalka: commieblock paradise!

La mia seconda patria / moja druga domovina: SLOvely... in love with Slovenia!
Carletto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Arpels
Αλέξανδρος

Likes (Received): 378

charming old city center!!
Arpels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Timoth12

Likes (Received): 6

Carletto, it´s fine you enjoyed your stay in Bratislava. Maybe next time I would also recommend the walk around Zámocká street under Bratislava castle, recently new built small quarter, but with historical feeling - the buildings look like they had been constructed 200 years ago.

Good and realistic collection and short comment.
Timoth12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #4
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

very nice

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:37 AM   #5
Valia
A L.G.D.G.A.D.U.

Likes (Received): 6

That capital looks like a very pleasant city. The modern bridge is very nifty and the old city is very well preserved, I see one modern glass and steel tower as well. It's great for one medium capital as Bratislava.

Thank to teach your photos to us Carletto

Valia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #6
Carletto
SLO-Zeneise inside

Likes (Received): 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoth12
Carletto, it´s fine you enjoyed your stay in Bratislava. Maybe next time I would also recommend the walk around Zámocká street under Bratislava castle, recently new built small quarter, but with historical feeling - the buildings look like they had been constructed 200 years ago.

Good and realistic collection and short comment.
Thanks for your suggestion! I hope to come back to Bratislava soon, I really had too little time to enjoy it, the train from Praha was late, we still had some lunch, and so we could just walk around a little in the old town and up to the castle. Next time I hope to spend there a little more time and I hope they will finish the restoration of Obchodná street and there around, where it was a total mess in March!

Next time I go to SK I'll tell you, maybe we can meet and enjoy some Zlatý Bažant!

La mia seconda patria / moja druga domovina: SLOvely... in love with Slovenia!
Carletto no está en línea   Reply With Quote