daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #181
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
I'm still hell bent on Trump's idea but twin "freedom" towers are better than one. It will be sad to know that the rectangular WTC will never be seen again because when I use to think of a skyscraper, the WTC came to mind.
I feel you, let it out, its kool
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #182
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB
Let's not forget that the site for 7SD in Chicago was created and excavated and it wound up getting cancelled. Since I am seeing nobody actually there on the webcam, I am starting to feel that it could just be another false start, but that just me saying this, so don't make flaming in response to it.
7SD was never excavated.
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:24 AM   #183
Mauricio Canada
Mauricio Canada

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Even Emporis does not consider an excavation in which it only states that it has just been approoved by giving it a blue square.
This is what I read on Emporis...

2006-04-27
Reported by Craig Stevens

News: Work Begins on Freedom Tower Site

New York City: A ceremony was held today, April 27, 2006, to mark the beginning of construction of the Freedom Tower. New York Governor George Pataki, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and developer Larry Silverstein were on hand as the construction crews rolled into the site to start rearranging the pipelines for the new building. In the next few weeks, excavation and building of the perimeter walls will begin, with foundation work to follow. The Tower will be the tallest structure in New York city when it is completed, a date which has been set as 2011. The rest of the site should be opened completely by 2012. Tenents are still being sought for the structures, including the already-complete 7-World Trade Center, replacing a building of the same name also destryed on September 11, 2001.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #184
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by centreoftheuniverse
Are you people that dumb?
The tower won't be completed until 2012!!!!!
That's 6,yes 6 whole years.
Chances are you won't see much change even one year from now let alone the second day.
um...

the tower will be completed by 2010, topped out in 2009.

the WHOLE SITE (4 other towers) is done by 2012.

got that?

stupid?

Last edited by Spooky873; April 29th, 2006 at 08:20 AM.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #185
Spooky873
BANNED

a tower that took 6 years.

thats something.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #186
centreoftheuniverse
Not ******

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
um...

the tower will be completed by 2010, topped out in 09.

the WHOLE SITE (4 other towers) is done by 2012.

got that?

stupid?
No, you're wrong. What does the post above yours say?
centreoftheuniverse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #187
Spooky873
BANNED

its not ****** brain surgery.

from emporis.
- There will be an outdoor observation deck at 1,362 feet above the ground, the same height as the one on the old South Tower. A parapet wall will then rise six more feet to a height of 1,368, the same heigh as the old North Tower.
- The desired schedule for construction, calls for the tower's foundation to commence April of 2006, concrete to grade by the end of 2007, topping out in 2009 and completion in 2010.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #188
Spooky873
BANNED

New York City: A ceremony was held today, April 27, 2006, to mark the beginning of construction of the Freedom Tower. New York Governor George Pataki, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and developer Larry Silverstein were on hand as the construction crews rolled into the site to start rearranging the pipelines for the new building. In the next few weeks, excavation and building of the perimeter walls will begin, with foundation work to follow. The Tower will be the tallest structure in New York city when it is completed, a date which has been set as 2011. The rest of the site should be opened completely by 2012. Tenents are still being sought for the structures, including the already-complete 7-World Trade Center, replacing a building of the same name also destryed on September 11, 2001.

have another drink.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #189
Spooky873
BANNED

Charles Gargano, a vice chairman at the Port Authority, said that continued rebuilding will attract the tenants lost by the twin towers' destruction by the time the Freedom Tower opens in 2011.

the only thing that remotely holds water with your statement. itll be completed long before it opens.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #190
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeMagnet2000
A towering tribute to American subtlety!!
Jon Stewart quote?
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #191
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 168

So this design lacks the lattice work you guys regard as ugly? I like this new design a lot better definitely. But I just think it will bring back memories of September 11, 2001 everytime it is looked at. I don't want it to feel like it is before September 11th and nothing changed. It's important that a statement is made by the design and having that particular design would I'm sure bring people back to that fateful day. Just imagine how it would be walker in Lower Manhattan and you look up. Would you not envision a giant hole in both towers with smoke rising from them? I understand why people want the twins to be brought back but it wouldn't send the right message. A new design with modernize the skyline and make quite a statement. And when people say they want the twins back, they don't mean they want the EXACT design of the entire center right? They want something such as the ones in the above picture???
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #192
blackhawk08

Likes (Received): 0

as we said earlier, twin freedom towers!
blackhawk08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #193
centreoftheuniverse
Not ******

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
its not ****** brain surgery.

from emporis.
- There will be an outdoor observation deck at 1,362 feet above the ground, the same height as the one on the old South Tower. A parapet wall will then rise six more feet to a height of 1,368, the same heigh as the old North Tower.
- The desired schedule for construction, calls for the tower's foundation to commence April of 2006, concrete to grade by the end of 2007, topping out in 2009 and completion in 2010.
Oh please. Only a fool would be so naive as to think that the time table they set is going to be followed. For all we know, plans might even change by next week. How realistic do you think a tower the size of the Freedom Tower is going to get done according to you, in 4 years? There are projects in NY like the Bank of America tower that started in 2004 and won't get completed until 2008. That's 4 years for a tower 1/3 smaller that got's the whole site to itself so there's no construction traffic like it will be at the WTC site.
centreoftheuniverse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #194
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon
I really like the Twin Tower Freedom Tower Design. But is it really possible or even being proposed right now? Or is this just our imagination here in the forums?

You see! If there were twin FTs, people would love it and not moan about the design. This makes me want them to build another one even more. They really should consider another tower like FT, but without the spire.

I bet that if two Freedom Towers were being built, no one would complain about the spire and, base, or design. It's hard to accept that twin towers are not being rebuilt, but something else, just as tall as the former, is being rebuilt. But, alas, me saying this all is so pathetic and feeble. New York City REALLY needs twin towers again, but even if it doesn't happen, I'll be happy that FT was built. I recall watching a man seeing the first WTC tower to fall, and he said, "One Twin Tower? This is not New York anymore." In a way, he was right. I only hope that whatever is built will make "New York, New York" "New York, New York" again. It's so hard to see nothing tall downtown.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #195
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeMagnet2000
Almost forgot: demand for office space? What New York City do you live in? There is a glut of office space sitting empty, and the new trend is moving companies to Midtown. And how many floors are leased in the new WTC7? Answer: 1. And it's Silverstein's own company.

office space empty in Manhattan? thats news to me.

Silversteins own company?

China Center's 200,000 s/f lease biggest yet at Silverstein's 7WTC.

Real Estate Weekly; 2/1/2006

Beijing Vantone Real Estate Co., Ltd. Chairman Lun Feng and World Trade Center developer Larry A. Silverstein announced that a preliminary agreement has been reached to create the China Center--a business and cultural facility representing China's dynamic business community--within the nearly completed 7 World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan.

As part of a term sheet signed today, Beijing Vantone, one of China's largest private real estate developers, has agreed to the basic terms of a lease for at least 200,000 square feet of office space on the top five floors of 7 World Trade Center--the 48th through the 52nd floor--which would then serve as a hub for Chinese companies locating offices in New York and for international and U.S. firms interested in investing in China. The term sheet, while nonbinding, indicates that both parties have agreed in principle to the major parameters of the lease.

i figured youd realize after the first 2 paragraphs so i spared you the rest of the article. my advice? stick to philadelphia.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #196
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by centreoftheuniverse
Oh please. Only a fool would be so naive as to think that the time table they set is going to be followed. For all we know, plans might even change by next week. How realistic do you think a tower the size of the Freedom Tower is going to get done according to you, in 4 years? There are projects in NY like the Bank of America tower that started in 2004 and won't get completed until 2008. That's 4 years for a tower 1/3 smaller that got's the whole site to itself so there's no construction traffic like it will be at the WTC site.
oh here you go, jumpin around here and there. the point is you need to learn how to read. hahahaha
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #197
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Location: Chicago[Naperville-SW Suburb] + Miami[Miami Beach & South Beach]
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife

So this design lacks the lattice work you guys regard as ugly? I like this new design a lot better definitely. But I just think it will bring back memories of September 11, 2001 everytime it is looked at. I don't want it to feel like it is before September 11th and nothing changed. It's important that a statement is made by the design and having that particular design would I'm sure bring people back to that fateful day. Just imagine how it would be walker in Lower Manhattan and you look up. Would you not envision a giant hole in both towers with smoke rising from them? I understand why people want the twins to be brought back but it wouldn't send the right message. A new design with modernize the skyline and make quite a statement. And when people say they want the twins back, they don't mean they want the EXACT design of the entire center right? They want something such as the ones in the above picture???
Don't be silly, I really don't want to see the flashback after that horrify 9/11!
Lets just get on with the current design, I think that people are getting impatience at this thing!
BTW, I saw the Show Time's Penn and Teller BS going to do a special on the current FT on monday, don't forget to check it out!
ChicagoSkyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #198
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
office space empty in Manhattan? thats news to me.

Silversteins own company?

China Center's 200,000 s/f lease biggest yet at Silverstein's 7WTC.

Real Estate Weekly; 2/1/2006

Beijing Vantone Real Estate Co., Ltd. Chairman Lun Feng and World Trade Center developer Larry A. Silverstein announced that a preliminary agreement has been reached to create the China Center--a business and cultural facility representing China's dynamic business community--within the nearly completed 7 World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan.

As part of a term sheet signed today, Beijing Vantone, one of China's largest private real estate developers, has agreed to the basic terms of a lease for at least 200,000 square feet of office space on the top five floors of 7 World Trade Center--the 48th through the 52nd floor--which would then serve as a hub for Chinese companies locating offices in New York and for international and U.S. firms interested in investing in China. The term sheet, while nonbinding, indicates that both parties have agreed in principle to the major parameters of the lease.

i figured youd realize after the first 2 paragraphs so i spared you the rest of the article. my advice? stick to philadelphia.

^ That same guy wants to lease half of a million square feet in Freedom Tower.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #199
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

And I think the statement, "Make New York New York Again," is very disrespectful to the events of 9/11. It sounds like nobody cares, they just want their skyline back. We should honor the courage that was put forth on that day. If that's what it takes to "Make New York New York Again," I prefer they not.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #200
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

I still think it should be redesigned. I think the new design is an improvement but still could be loved more. But then again, in a situation like this there's always someone who's going to be unsatisfied in the end.