daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #201
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife
And I think the statement, "Make New York New York Again," is very disrespectful to the events of 9/11. It sounds like nobody cares, they just want their skyline back. We should honor the courage that was put forth on that day. If that's what it takes to "Make New York New York Again," I prefer they not.

And you're not even a New Yorker! You didn't see the Twin Towers fall in front of you. It's not like we are building over the Twin Towers, or stopping the memorial. Trust me, it gives pain to millions of people, not to see the Twin Towers. It's not really disrespectful. I even lost friends. It's obvious that most New Yorkers would rather want to see Twin Towers than FT.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #202
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Location: Chicago[Naperville-SW Suburb] + Miami[Miami Beach & South Beach]
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola
And you're not even a New Yorker! You didn't see the Twin Towers fall in frot of you. It's not like we are building over the Twin Towers, or stopping the memorial. Trust me, it gives pain to millions of people, not to see the Twin Towers. It's not really disrespectful. I even lost friends. It's obvious that most New Yorkers would rather want to see Twin Towers than FT.
It is good that you realiased the pain from the tragic past of 9/11! Lets not let it happen again and that twin tower clone is another target for "forgotten", not "memorial" sense! Move on people!
ChicagoSkyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #203
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
And you're not even a New Yorker! You didn't see the Twin Towers fall in frot of you. It's not like we are building over the Twin Towers, or stopping the memorial. Trust me, it gives pain to millions of people, not to see the Twin Towers. It's not really disrespectful. I even lost friends. It's obvious that most New Yorkers would rather see Twin Towers than FT.
I don't think you have to be a New Yorker to understand. I am aware that you guys including myself too miss the Twin Towers dearly but seeing them before your eyes even with a new design would bring tears to many. It's not hard to recall what happened that day; it was a powerful image. Just think how people would feel looking at it. Sure if they get built, the public would say,"Welcome back!" But once you get used to it you will start to recall September 11th again. IMO, by building the new Twin Towers is not "Making New York New York Again," it will only make the scenery more depressing in Lower Manhattan. But too with something like the Freedom Tower design I would miss the Twin Towers and long for them back. So there's really no simple 'solution' to this. But definitely having 'twins' will make it that much better whatever the design may be.
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:04 AM   #204
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

I think that the NYers need to understand why the terroists pick WTC as a target, because it has two closely located supertalls that are full of people. Where else in the world would you find two tallest building locating near each other in one city that is full of governmental and financial workers?
I think that we gotta learn from the WTC's design flaw by not topping two identical supertalls near each other again and dedicated the place to tribute to the lost ones as a pure memorial and I think that current FT design done just that!
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #205
Ebola
BANNED

In my opinion, I don't think that it would be depressing if they were rebuilt like before, but that's not the best idea anyway.

All we can hope for is that FT will become accepted, and make NY NY again.

"Those awesome symbolic towers that speak of liberty, human rights, and humanity have been destroyed. They have gone up in smoke." -Osama Bin Laden
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #206
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Quote:
In my opinion, I don't think that it would be depressing if they were rebuilt like before, but that's not the best idea anyway.

All we can hope for is that FT will become accepted, and make NY NY again.

"Those awesome symbolic towers that speak of liberty, human rights, and humanity have been destroyed. They have gone up in smoke." -Osama Bin Laden
I agree sincerely!
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #207
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

The pre 9/11 Twin Towers stood for something and by trying to mimic the old design says that they're trying to make the new towers stand for the same thing. But it wont! The 'OLD' Twin Towers were the ones who stood for that and then they got destroyed. Now it's important to recognize that and build something that stands for something even more, not trying to copy something that was brutally attacked. Again, that "Make New York New York Again," statement pushes the closely identical design which shows care in only the revitalization of Lower Manhattan and the skyline back. Besides rebuilding them that way would make the towers look like a ghost. It would be freaky!
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #208
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Quote:
They have gone DOWN but that doesn't mean we have as a whole. We can only rise and that will show through the design of the new tower or maybe towers. We can rise in height and strength kind of like the Twin Towers. Those were destroyed. We must rise higher and be stronger now. So in that sense, the Freedom Tower will speak for itself.
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #209
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Quote:
The pre 9/11 Twin Towers stood for something and by trying to mimic the old design says that they're trying to make the new towers stand for the same thing. But it wont! The 'OLD' Twin Towers were the ones who stood for that and then they got destroyed. Now it's important to recognize that and build something that stands for something even more, not trying to copy something that was brutally attacked. Again, that "Make New York New York Again," statement pushes the closely identical design which shows care in only the revitalization of Lower Manhattan and the skyline back. Besides rebuilding them that way would make the towers look like a ghost. It would be freaky!
That site of "Make NY NY again" can be sum up in few words, "careless", "forgotten" and "egocentric". Nothing tributibal and memorial about the redesign of WTC!
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #210
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Obviously this is my opinion but "Make New York New York Again," will not say,"New York is back!" It will say,"Here I am, trying to pose for liberty, human rights, and humanity-try and take me seriously!"
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM   #211
Ebola
BANNED

The fact that they named it "Freedom Tower" was the biggest blow to Bin Laden and his supporters, but it does mean it will get more attention in the terrorist world.

Anyway, I know a girl who can't accept that the Twin Towers will not be rebuilt. Whenever I mention Freedom Tower, she ignores me, changes the subject, or tries to leave. Many people still live in their own little world. She might have killed herself after finding out that construction has started on FT.
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #212
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Quote:
The fact that they named it "Freedom Tower" was the biggest blow to Bin Laden and his supporters, but it does mean it will get more attention in the terrorist world.

Anyway, I know a girl who can't accept that the Twin Towers will not be rebuilt. Whenever I mention Freedom Tower, she ignores me, changes the subject, or tries to leave. Many people still live in their own little world. She might have killed herself after finding out that construction has started on FT.
lol, Do you mean nygirls?
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #213
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Just don't you think it would be strange seeing the Twin Towers again especially in a different design? If we have that design and call it Freedom Towers, then it would be an even greater blow to Bin Laden and his supporters.
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #214
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

well they may not be standing, but we'll never forget their importance. we'll bring the memories to our grave, and thats all that matters. lets embrace this new tower, take what you can get. i bet the % of people around the world who liked the towers pre 9/11 were 800 times less than they are now. they had to fall down in order to be appreciated anyway, so shut up, besides, im sure more than half who dislike it dont even live in new york, you know who you are, all i can say is **** off. whats it to you anyway? you dont wake up everyday, having to see it on your way to work.

seeing it from far out will just make me happy enough we got SOMETHING there.

Last edited by Spooky873; April 29th, 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #215
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSkyline
lol, Do you mean nygirls?
noonononono, nygirl supports it.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #216
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
well they may not be standing, but we'll never forget their importance. we'll bring the memories to our grave, and thats all that matters. lets embrace this new tower, take what you can get. besides, im sure more than half who dislike it dont even live in new york, so **** off. whats it to you anyway? you dont wake up everyday, having to see it on your way to work.
Wait are you talking about the Freedom Tower or the newly designed twins?
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #217
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
noonononono, nygirl supports it.
Oh,my bad!

Anyway, 9/11 is a history event that Americans need to learn from and the once almighty WTC is the skyscraper that American will cheerish and unforgotten and the FT is great memorial to those whom lost their love ones!
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #218
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Quote:
Wait are you talking about the Freedom Tower or the newly designed twins?
I think that he is talking about the Freedom Tower!
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #219
Ebola
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSkyline
Oh,my bad!

Anyway, 9/11 is a history event that Americans need to learn from and the once almighty WTC is the skyscraper that American will cheerish and unforgotten and the FT is great memorial to those whom lost their love ones!

Actually, in my opinion, Freedom Tower is not a memorial. FT, and the other four towers, are supposed to make up the new WTC, take pride in the future, not stay in the past.
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #220
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Quote:
Actually, in my opinion, Freedom Tower is not a memorial. FT, and the other four towers, are supposed to make up the new WTC, take pride in the future, not stay in the past.
Well, then why does it name "freedom" tower if ain't also consider as memorial!