daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #521
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

The render looks pretty real
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #522
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

The render looks preety.But i don't like the actuall design, i prefer the previos twisted design.

Do you think that the freedom tower could be build higher than the official reported height of 1776feet?it cuold be the same game for height like by the burj Dubai.I can't believe that it will be so "tiny".
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:19 AM   #523
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

That render is not real. In no way is it tiny. Perhaps it will not have as many floors because the designer put a bigger space between them, but it will have the same exact height and volume as the Twin Towers. It's possible that they increased the height, but I wouldn't believe it even if they said so.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #524
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

I think it'll be hard to predict which building will be completed first. FT has had a lot of ups and downs. BD will continue to have smaller floor plates as it rises, but maybe they new heights will be of some challenge? However, I remember reading that a new floor rises each 4 or 5 days and that there are close to 30,000 workers on the BD site day and night.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:56 AM   #525
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD

Likes (Received): 28

You guys are actually living a pipedream if you think that FT will hold the worlds tallest building, even for ten minutes. The BD will be at least 200m before FT reaches even ground level.
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #526
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Worlds Tallest????

OMGGGGG It so doesn't matter anymore. Bd won't keep it either. Noone will hold it as long as it used to be held so what's so special about it anymore?
I'm happier getting a focal point for Lower Manhattan. I'm happy for even a solid proposal for 3 extra 300m buildings. I'm anticipating the renderings. I'm happy there's so much going on. Who gives a shit about a title we've already held longer than anyone else has so far, in a place where there have been so many made already.

Seriously, **** worlds tallest, just build em. Happy Memorial day everybody.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #527
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

I don't think it matters either. I actually think the freedom tower could become the world's tallest for a while. BD might be 200m ahead of the freedom tower, but then that means that they'll be topped out at the same time. I remember hearing something about the guys building the burj that there's no way it could open on the 31st december 2008.
BTW, will the FT be built from concrete or steel? If it's steel then it could rise quite fast once it gets its ass off the ground
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #528
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Do you really Think the Freedom Tower will be higher for a moment as the Burj?
very unrealistic i Think. when the Freedom Tower is Topped out with 541m the Burj Dubai will be far over 700m. remember the burj is Currently 173m high the Freedom Tower 0m.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #529
nygirl

Yea, lets keep this retarded debate going, smart move. It will never be worlds tallest. Unless they make drastic changes, which they will not. It is not plausible, they don't need the space if 3 other towers will be over 300 m to compensate for tower 5. Ny is not arrogant ( Not speaking for myself) that it needs a worlds tallest for anyones approval anymore, which you can't say for some places. That in itself should be a low blow to all the Nay sayers. Enjoy the dream we already lived.
Deep down though, I don't think bd is going to be as tall as they say, doesn't matter it'll be the tallest, but it doesn't really matter, it's such an empty competition now.

Anyway... Yay for NY.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #530
fish

Likes (Received):

NY Girl, you sound like you gave up on New York.

New York used to hold the title, but since 9/11, I've seen countless individuals, just like you, simply give up.
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #531
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
Yea, lets keep this retarded debate going, smart move. It will never be worlds tallest. Unless they make drastic changes, which they will not. It is not plausible, they don't need the space if 3 other towers will be over 300 m to compensate for tower 5. Ny is not arrogant ( Not speaking for myself) that it needs a worlds tallest for anyones approval anymore, which you can't say for some places. That in itself should be a low blow to all the Nay sayers. Enjoy the dream we already lived.
Deep down though, I don't think bd is going to be as tall as they say, doesn't matter it'll be the tallest, but it doesn't really matter, it's such an empty competition now.
Anyway... Yay for NY.
What the hell? Aren't we allowed to talk about what we want as long as it's related to the tower?

All I'm saying is that because BD is a larger tower it's going to take longer to build, especially to kit it out in the end with all the hotel rooms, high-end apartments, etc. In Dubai they tend to over-estimate their completion dates. Anyway, BD only becomes the world's tallest building when they open the doors, same for FT but because FT isn't as big it shouldn't take as long to build. That means that even though it's way behind it could still become the tallest for 1 or 2 months.
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #532
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

I find myself in disagreement with many people when i say that i actually like the Freedom Tower redesign. It would actually have been even better if they made a twin tower cause i don't think the ones around the Freedom tower will be every build. Anyhow I think the FT will a great building which will blend nicely in the NY skyline.
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #533
nygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
What the hell? Aren't we allowed to talk about what we want as long as it's related to the tower?

All I'm saying is that because BD is a larger tower it's going to take longer to build, especially to kit it out in the end with all the hotel rooms, high-end apartments, etc. In Dubai they tend to over-estimate their completion dates. Anyway, BD only becomes the world's tallest building when they open the doors, same for FT but because FT isn't as big it shouldn't take as long to build. That means that even though it's way behind it could still become the tallest for 1 or 2 months.
I actually wasn't referring to you, so give it a rest. As far as how it's related to the tower, so what, you and i both know the capability of ssc forumers and their sensitivity that it is an insignificant and inevitable fight.

And as for fish, the fact that i don't care if we get a worlds tallest or not means i give up on NY? Do you realize you're telling the NYBITCH of all nybitches, the BITCHIEST bitch on here, and only when it comes to ny, she's giving up on ny? Nutty. No way in hell am i giving up on ny, it just doesn't matter to me if we have a worlds tallest because it's such a shitty competition nowadays.

Old May 29th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #534
fish

Likes (Received):

Quote:
...the fact that i don't care if we get a worlds tallest or not means i give up on NY?
Yes, you sound like a spoiled brat.
You gave up!
Shame on you!

Quote:
Do you realize you're telling the NYBITCH of all nybitches, the BITCHIEST bitch on here, and only when it comes to ny, she's giving up on ny?
Listen up! I am not kissing your *** in here!
You don't impress me.
In the few months since I've joined, I've seen absolutely nothing from you.
What contributions have you made to this forum?

Quote:
it just doesn't matter to me if we have a worlds tallest because it's such a shitty competition nowadays.
You are in denial.
Pathetic!
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #535
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2856

This conversation has gone insane... a few things to bring it back to the ground

The building will be 1776ft, its the only remaining component of daniel liebskinds design, and the reason it was won in the first place, and is called freedom tower.

1776ft will be the tallest skyscraper in America

NY is an awesome massive city which does not need anything bigger

oh and malec give it a rest, there is a small... very small chance that this will be finished before burj dubai, but even if it is, no-one is going to acclaim it as the worlds tallest building just because they havent finished plumbing one twice the size.

NY rocks, although im not a great fan of this tower i think it fits in well, and the surrounding ones could yet be incredible
nezzybaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #536
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2856

and fish i have absolutely no idea whats stuck up your arse, there is no need for Ny to have the worlds tallest building, especially if it makes manhattan look like toronto, one massive structure flanked by things half its size... thats not New York.
nezzybaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:39 PM   #537
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzybaby
oh and malec give it a rest, there is a small... very small chance that this will be finished before burj dubai, but even if it is, no-one is going to acclaim it as the worlds tallest building just because they havent finished plumbing one twice the size.

NY rocks, although im not a great fan of this tower i think it fits in well, and the surrounding ones could yet be incredible
I'm only suggesting

Anyway, there's the potential for 4 supertalls including FT on the ground zero site, being designed by world class architects aswell so most likely the other towers will be stunners. This proves there's no reason to give up, blah blah blah, etc
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:44 AM   #538
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Fighting over this is pointless because no one released any information that truly backs up anything. But I'm glad to see everyone is very happy about Freedom Tower. Today, I went past 7WTC. She really does stand out. I loved it.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #539
enjoi
Kapitan Paleta

Likes (Received): 8

woah, this Calatrava building looks damn nice too.
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:00 AM   #540
cincobarrio
Lurker

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
Yes, you sound like a spoiled brat.
You gave up!
Shame on you!

Listen up! I am not kissing your *** in here!
You don't impress me.
In the few months since I've joined, I've seen absolutely nothing from you.
What contributions have you made to this forum?

You are in denial.
Pathetic!
chill, nygirl's ill. she has been around to defend this city in a bitchy manor since way before i joined this forum.
cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote