daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #101
vincent

Likes (Received): 7

the completion date of this tower has been slipped from 2006 to 2009, and now 2012. Sounds like one empty promise after another.
vincent no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #102
TroyBoy

Likes (Received): 15

Agreed, what happened to bigger taller and better. I like boxes a lot better they seem more powerfull and domonating to me
Old April 27th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #103
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

The twin towers were special to many New Yorkers (including me) they were like family.
:' (
Its like replacing the Eifel Tower with some other thing.
The sad part is that future New Yorkers will not even know how special they were, their only simbol will be that Fake Tower.
:' (
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #104
Dennis
Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 10

A black day in history

REBUILD THE WTC
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:28 AM   #105
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Things change. I know that is hard to accept that twin towers will never return to Ground Zero, but that's no reason to bash the hell out of FT; the Twin Towers became so iconic that people can't understand that it is right to building anything less, yet the rebuilt WTC is just as cool. In less than a decade, New Yorkers, and many others, will come to love Freedom Tower and see it as one of the most important buildings ever erected.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #106
me,myself and I

Likes (Received): 0

New York deserves so much better than that .

totally bland design .The base is just horrible .

sad day for skyscrapers fan throughout the world
No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.

Hunter S. Thompson
me,myself and I no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #107
London
New York

They have announced the official construction here in the UK :thumbsup:
London no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #108
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by me,myself and I
New York deserves so much better than that .

totally bland design .The base is just horrible .

sad day for skyscrapers fan throughout the world
you.. and half these other morons are ridiculous. This is a building people. Not a bad looking building at that. Why is it sooooo bad>? Cuz it isnt the twin towers? Move on. If you're not a member of a victims family. Then shut the **** up. If you aren't in anyway part of the effort to rebuild, shut the **** up. If you're not a construction worker taking this on, shut the **** up.
If you're not a lease holder or developer, shut the **** up. If you're a 14 year old kid with a hard on for skyscrapers, shut the **** up. If you're a self proclaimed expert critic, shut the **** up. Get it?
I personally like it, I personally loved the twins. I am still upset and was once Devestated by what i saw IN PERSON.
BUT ALL THESE RECYCLED OPINIONS ARE RETARDED AND IS THERE A NEED TO FILL THIS CONSTRUCTION THREAD UP WITH YOU'RE USLESS OPINIONS THAT SOME OTHER ( KID) WILL PROBABLY SAY IN THE VERY NEXT POST?

GENERALLY

IT DOESN'T SUCK. GOOD FOR THEM. AND FINALLY. PHEW... <^> THE REST OF YOU.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #109
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Kudos...
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #110
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

they need to blow that nirvana ******* out of a cannon.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:23 AM   #111
Spooky873
BANNED

people complained about the old WTC too. now that its gone they whine. what i miss is their massive presence more than anything. consider a landmark restored, my only gripe is that i wish the roof went a bit higher. anyone tihnk itd look better with the old WTC facade/greyish or the current rendering?
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:44 AM   #112
lazar22b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
you.. and half these other morons are ridiculous. This is a building people. Not a bad looking building at that. Why is it sooooo bad>? Cuz it isnt the twin towers? Move on. If you're not a member of a victims family. Then shut the **** up. If you aren't in anyway part of the effort to rebuild, shut the **** up. If you're not a construction worker taking this on, shut the **** up.
If you're not a lease holder or developer, shut the **** up. If you're a 14 year old kid with a hard on for skyscrapers, shut the **** up. If you're a self proclaimed expert critic, shut the **** up. Get it?
I personally like it, I personally loved the twins. I am still upset and was once Devestated by what i saw IN PERSON.
BUT ALL THESE RECYCLED OPINIONS ARE RETARDED AND IS THERE A NEED TO FILL THIS CONSTRUCTION THREAD UP WITH YOU'RE USLESS OPINIONS THAT SOME OTHER ( KID) WILL PROBABLY SAY IN THE VERY NEXT POST?

GENERALLY

IT DOESN'T SUCK. GOOD FOR THEM. AND FINALLY. PHEW... <^> THE REST OF YOU.

lazar22b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #113
nygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
anyone tihnk itd look better with the old WTC facade/greyish or the current rendering?
Hell to the no!

Personally i never favored them for the way they look. It was the way they both stood out. They were big grey dull boxes!
YES!
I SAID IT!
I DARE SOMEONE TO RIDE ME FOR THAT.

otherwise the new design pushes us further into the today, and not back to tommorow. I was for rebuilding at first. Then like the rest of you I sat around waiting for a descent design to take its place. I was totally thrown off by the fake twin towers, that is the reason i completely changed my mind.
This new design is sleek. It does fit in, very nicely i might add, with the wfc. The spire in the design looks fantastic.
The shape of the building is in my USELESS opinion.. elegant, sophisticated.
The pedistal will probably work out just fine......
The floor count is just fine.. screw a number of floors. Do any of you work there? If not, why do you care so much?
I like the fact it will have a gigantic neighbor and possibly 3 other tall neighbors. Combined with the World Financial Center i think that will look pretty " kick ass".

How can you see this any different?
The burj dubai looks good but this doesnt?
LOW STANDARDS.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #114
Lee
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

I don't think people realize how big it is, nor how huge the whole complex will look like from the ground. I guarantee that many more people will love it after it is built.
Lee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:07 AM   #115
The Mad Hatter!!
P.E.C.K CREW

Likes (Received): 631

whoa finally someone has stood up and said something, i compliment you ny girl.

I hated the old wtc, they were ugly, plain, dull and just screamed no creativity. before they went down, most people hated them, now everyone wants them to rebuild them, how stupid is that. Trump and all you forummers neeed to shut up about rebuilding the twins.
"Architects are pretty much high-class whores. We can turn down projects the way they can turn down some clients, but we've both got to say yes to someone if we want to stay in business"Philip Johnson

Boycott the La forum-Worse forum in SSC
The Mad Hatter!! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:34 AM   #116
nygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I don't think people realize how big it is, nor how huge the whole complex will look like from the ground. I guarantee that many more people will love it after it is built.
Oh my god it is going to be HUGE.............

Gigantic..........

People don't realize this.

Not quite sure but 2 wtc is supposed to be 1200' ?

Right next to our 1700' ( a la spire) sounds nice... then add a few more buildings over 500 feet and close to 900 feet , possibly and the new path station, then the memorial...
This is a much better deal. Trump has enough going on in nyc I am so happy they told him to keep it moving to chicago.
Once we start seeing height, and progress ( which we will) I am sure all the dumb bickering will come to an end.

Lets see whose bickering...........

would you be if it was built in a prominent location in your city? I think not.

RP1 what does ny deserve? Donald Trumps half assed attempt at creating the past? Make ny, ny again? Like it isn't ny without these 2 buildings?
If it was being built up along the chicago river would you still dislike it?
Better yet how about we build a giant birthday candle there. YAYYYYYY.

Lol.

er.

Eweezerinc, how about louiseville getting this, instead of an acid induced conception , which believe me noone wants. Still complaining then?
Half of the critics in here will probably not see anything like this built near them in decades if at all, and they critique.

Dennis.. come on man.. get real, a black day in history? I seriously hope you mean september 11th and not today. If not, and you're serious, those are some issues with reality ya got there.

I really would like to know, out of any of you bitching and moaning out there. What is so wrong with this complex?

Think real hard....

Last edited by nygirl; April 28th, 2006 at 02:51 AM.
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #117
Spooky873
BANNED

i miss the massive presence they had. the silhouette of both at certain angles was so huge, making it appear as if it were one giant tower.

this restores that massive presence that belongs there, because thats new york , and i wouldnt have a supertall in anyother place but downtown.
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:46 AM   #118
Spooky873
BANNED

anyone near a tv right now, turn on the discovery channel, theyre doing a spoof about a hurricane hitting nyc, which very well could happen.
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #119
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Does anyone know how well Freedom Tower will be lit?
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #120
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Freedom Tower sucks!!! Its cheatin its way up to 1776 ft with that stick! See ya later, im gunna jerk off to those hot twins on nygirl's icon!
; )
lol
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote