daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #141
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

My father and brother said they might be able to help to built the WTC when more people are needed. I hope they do. I think my father was doing some sort of electrical on 7WTC on 9/11.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #142
paul.skyscrapercity

Likes (Received): 2

ALRIGHT then if the FUKING EMPIRE STATE BUILDING or the CRYSLER or THE STATUE OF LIBERTY was destroyed by terrioits what would you say to that OH its gone get over it, so lets build somthing that looks like it, well would you like it? NOOOO NOOO, the TWIN TOWERS were BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BOX SKYSCRAPERS, the freedom tower is a ugly piece of shit and im not saying that becouse a dont want it to be built i really do meen that, it daosent even blend with the skyline and it is BOORING and plain, i mean come on a UGLY base with no WINDOWS for 20 floors and thats beautiful?. so dont even call the WTC TWIN TOWERS UGLY at least they had windows at the base.
paul.skyscrapercity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #143
Ebola
BANNED

The concrete base may be covered in panels of glass or decorative stone rather than metal.

There may also be changes to the spire atop the building; the architects are working on that with the sculptor Kenneth Snelson.
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #144
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

i saw computer models on the ssp thread, looking from the ground up this thing is massive, very reminiscent of WTC1. im so glad were getting it back. this tower will surprise everyone.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #145
Ebola
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
i saw computer models on the ssp thread, looking from the ground up this thing is massive, very reminiscent of WTC1. im so glad were getting it back. this tower will surprise everyone.

Link please!
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #146
KOKOLOGIST
Unionized Seal Hunter

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
For me, the most fascinating on the twin towers was that You look up the whole 415metres from the ground, there is no setback. And it`s a message to the others who try to build a new "world's tallest": "We (=Twin towers) always can add some floors to be the tallest again." Thats why I like the "box"-design so much. The new freedom tower is "finished".
Beautifully stated. I agree.

The new so-called Freedom Tower is a rip-off....they are supposed to build taller not smaller. What kind of regression is this?? Sets a very bad precedent for NYC
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #147
Ebola
BANNED

^ The Freedom Tower is as tall as the Twins and is a box if you look at it from the top; they can always add more floors. That's why some people think they added that massive base and made the roof's shape into a perfect box.
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #148
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

i miss the old design...
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #149
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Everyone is saying "yeah great, the freedom tower is awesome , NY will finally have another super skyscraper! Hurray!", thats sucks because we're only getting one supertall. We use to have two!!
Its like getting back 50$ when before, you had 100$.
This is just a complete rip off!!!!!!
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #150
blackhawk08

has construction really started on this? i am looking at the live web cam and there is nothing happening.
blackhawk08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #151
Ebola
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk08
has construction really started on this? i am looking at the live web cam and there is nothing happening.

Tell me about it! Construction started, but nothing happened today! They must be waiting for something.
Old April 29th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #152
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
OK I THINK IT'S TIME THAT WE RELAY

**** THE DRAMA

**** WHATEVER HE SAY, SHE SAY............

Ok, first of all... who the fk do you think you are to tell me what i know? This tower does not suck. Your lame, recycled half assed opinion sucks.
I saw the twin towers falling from the jersey turnpike. That was alot different than your Tv picture. As someone who lives blocks from this i think it's just fine. I am happy it's going up and all the baby bullshit whining is NOW IRRELEVANT. So whine all you want! ****** babies. You HAVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAY IN THIS. You mean NOTHING as far as this is concerned. In the long run, what your protesting is going to rise right infront of you and you can't say boo to that. That is the best satisfaction with all these little moaning pricks that have no right and no say in any of this, just keep complaining and tell me where it gets you, hows about that fm. There will also BE 2 large towers ( Maybe 3) in LOWER MANHATTAN* not southern manhattan. They won't be twins. Big deal. Move on with your life. If you have one.

I could care less if you saw the WTC fall with your own eyes or if you live close to it. I live in Texas and I can say I love close to it. It's on the same U.S. ground that I step my feet on every day. It looks like we were both in a different state from the WTC when this thing fell so maybe we're in the same boat in that aspect.

Quote:

THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS THING IS BORING AND UGLY IS BECAUSE IT IS NOT WHAT THEY WANT. OTHERWISE IT REALLY ISN'T.

ISN'T THAT CHILDISH AND PATHETIC?

ANSWER: YES.

Have a nice day.

That a valid reason not to like it. This new tower is bullshit. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't make them childish or pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola
Tell me about it! Construction started, but nothing happened today! They must be waiting for something.
If they're smart they're waiting for the Donald to step in and take over.

FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #153
Ebola
BANNED

Jesus Christ, the Twin Towers will never be back; face the facts.
Old April 29th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #154
centreoftheuniverse
Not ******

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk08
Are you people that dumb?
The tower won't be completed until 2012!!!!!
That's 6,yes 6 whole years.
Chances are you won't see much change even one year from now let alone the second day.
centreoftheuniverse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #155
blackhawk08

Quote:
Are you people that dumb?
what the hell, i was just asking a question. and btw they said the trucks rolled in at 8:30am yesterday so you think you would see some activity.
blackhawk08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #156
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

A GOOD READ FOR THE SKEPTICS..........

This is a construction thread first of all.

This is a HIJACKED construction thread.

There are many threads under a subforum to vent your silly and useless opinions on how you "feel" about something you cannot control, and how it "affects" you so much in your day to day life. That would be the World Trade Center sub forum in the NY Forums. That is a more appropriate place to spew out your nonsense.

It's amazing how far along this thread has come since we have only "started" construction yesterday, all the whackos have to say how distasteful and horrible this thing is, when it REALLY isn't.

We see things differently obviously. That's quite alright, but it's a little old, these "complaints", a little bit repetitive, a little inappropriate in my opinion.

What makes more sense?
Let's scrap the idea and put up a bad remix of the twin towers, a dreary reminder of what was ONCE there and make all the SELFISH, SKELLS who don't understand even in the most MINUTE way, how this is working out for those involved, can be happy and sleep at night.

>sarcasm< Lets do it! Get donnie back to NYC tell him allllll about it. Tell him how much we want his ridiculous Look-alikes. How we love the "square windows" How "Beautiful it is going to look". For all you Height freaks, lets tell him how much we LOVEEEEEE the MEDIOCRE low rises that look even worse now than they did then.
Thats what we ALLL want. > Sarcasm<

Or....

Let's start fresh, Let's be smart. Let's create something classy, something bold, something new. Let's start the architectural revolution in Lower Manhattan. Mix it up.....
Downtown has such a rich history and dynamic mix of styles and era's that work together. I have always appreciated what was there, and still is. This is what we SHOULD be building. So they did not go against the grain and give us some insanely outlandish futuristic Super Tower....
We got something i feel is just as good IF NOT better. "It doesnt SWEEP me off my feet" should it? Couldn't i just be happy with satisifaction that it LOOKS GOOD, it's TALL, and it FITS IN WELL and ADDS MODERNITY to lower manhattan.

You are fighting something that is already going up and out of REACH and YOUR CONTROL, yes i see that as pathetic and childish. Since it is such a popular opinion amongst some of you more ARROGANT skeptics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.skyscrapercity
ALRIGHT then if the FUKING EMPIRE STATE BUILDING or the CRYSLER or THE STATUE OF LIBERTY was destroyed by terrioits what would you say to that OH its gone get over it, so lets build somthing that looks like it, well would you like it? NOOOO NOOO, the TWIN TOWERS were BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BOX SKYSCRAPERS, the freedom tower is a ugly piece of shit and im not saying that becouse a dont want it to be built i really do meen that, it daosent even blend with the skyline and it is BOORING and plain, i mean come on a UGLY base with no WINDOWS for 20 floors and thats beautiful?. so dont even call the WTC TWIN TOWERS UGLY at least they had windows at the base.
Paul, you really should lay off the Cocaine when operating your pc.
Whipe your nose and check this out, ok?

If the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING, and CHRYSLER BUILDING should god forbid brought down by terrorists. THATS IT!
Like the wtc they would be gone........
The famous building that took under a year to complete at the lowest point in the American Economy, and art deco gem that raised a spire up its core during construction to win a close competition for the World's tallest, would be gone.
It won't be them. Get it? Still stupid? No don't build something that looks like it, build something different, why would i want to see this new LOOK ALIKE that might fill the void, but mean NOTHING in the long run?
If you can accept that than you are a FOOL.
I'm not trying to be NYBitch, but your making it real easy for me.
You really suck, <^> <<< thats for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
I could care less if you saw the WTC fall with your own eyes or if you live close to it. I live in Texas and I can say I love close to it. It's on the same U.S. ground that I step my feet on every day. It looks like we were both in a different state from the WTC when this thing fell so maybe we're in the same boat in that aspect.
I bet you could care less if i happened to whitness this horrible event, i'm sure my story, and my feelings mean nothing on it to you, more or less i was trying to make a point, not gain your DIGITAL sympathy. Ill roll the dice to that.
You live in texas? Hooray.
You love close to it? How would one love close to it.
Hi I am on Perry Street i can walk over there without breaking a sweat. Manhattan is on an island, so technically it isn't the same ground you've been stepping on. Or were you not being literal? Either way does that matter either? So what, you're an American from Texas that doesn't want to see this built. I'm an American from New York that does. Thats as simple as it gets. In the end which one of us will get what they want?
Guess.
The New Jersey Turnpike right across the river with all of Manhattan in view.
isn't the same thing ( AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME) as the Lonestar state.
We are quite far from the same boat. I lost noone in my family thank god, none o them had anything to do with the world trade center. I did however lose two neighbors I was friendly with and one i wasn't. My cousin lost her fiance a NewYorkCity Fireman. Real far from the same boat.
Wonder , when it's completed will you still be bitching andmoaning about it?

Right idea:

Wrong Idea:

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202

Last edited by nygirl; April 29th, 2006 at 02:33 AM.
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #157
me,myself and I

Quote:
you.. and half these other morons are ridiculous. This is a building people. Not a bad looking building at that. Why is it sooooo bad>? Cuz it isnt the twin towers? Move on. If you're not a member of a victims family. Then shut the **** up. If you aren't in anyway part of the effort to rebuild, shut the **** up. If you're not a construction worker taking this on, shut the **** up.
you're assuming a lot of things .
and yeah the design appears bland and average .
kind of tower you could see anywhere in the world .(except for the height)
New York deserves more .

now rant away
No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.

Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by me,myself and I; April 29th, 2006 at 02:49 AM.
me,myself and I no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:46 AM   #158
BabeMagnet2000

Likes (Received): 2

So living in New York automatically makes you better better nygirl? Guess what, so do 21 million other people. Congratulations, you're mediocre.

You can't be any older than 12 with your attacking everyone who would rather see that twin towers back up.

How much of a moron do you have to be in order to say something as idiotic as "I'm getting the tower I want, hahaha too bad for you!" Like a 4-year old getting the shiniest toy in the Happy Meal.

It's a matter of opinion, and most peoples' opinions are different than yours. If you don't like it, move to a country where they don't have that pesky First Amendment, you know, that whole "Freedom of Speech" thing?

The only one acting childish here is you. It's too bad that the people in charge want to put up this "skeleton" (as Trump wisely put it) instead of the buildings that belong there. Are you an architect? Then who are you to say what is classy and bold and what will start an "architectural revolution" (can you say that out loud while keeping a straight face)? You talk as if you're some kind of architectural genius talking to the munchkins in Oz. Pray tell, what award-winning buildings have you designed that give you so much of an intellectual advantage over us little people?

I fully expect your response to this to be nothing but another attack screaming "GET OVER IT" while you yourself poke fun at people who use caps lock. Just the kind of person you are.

By the way, thanks for pointing out that Manhattan is an island and isn't literally the same ground in Texas. I can't believe we never realized it!!

Last edited by BabeMagnet2000; April 29th, 2006 at 02:52 AM.
BabeMagnet2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:06 AM   #159
Jules

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
RP1 what does ny deserve? Donald Trumps half assed attempt at creating the past? Make ny, ny again? Like it isn't ny without these 2 buildings?
If it was being built up along the chicago river would you still dislike it?
Better yet how about we build a giant birthday candle there. YAYYYYYY.
Wow, ok, I don't know where that came from. I wasn't too fond of the twins either. I just wish they would go above and beyond expectations and what used to be. It seems to me a mediocre job is good enough for these guys, and I don't think NY deserves a mediocre tower.

and no, I don't think I would like it on the Chicago river. Maybe a little further north would be ok, but meh

Last edited by Jules; April 29th, 2006 at 03:11 AM.
Jules no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #160
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Nygirl you write so much bullshit its not even funny. Your not even a Nybitch anymore because now you've jumped into the Nyhoe category. shut your ****** tramp!! your writing an entire essay telling people that they're dumb and slow, why cant you except that its just their opinion! You are being the retarded one by giving others so much attention. Stop telling others that they're stupid, and just deal with it!!!!!! Its just their opinion!!!!!!

Last edited by koolkid; April 29th, 2006 at 03:30 AM.
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote