daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM   #161
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl

I bet you could care less if i happened to whitness this horrible event, i'm sure my story, and my feelings mean nothing on it to you, more or less i was trying to make a point, not gain your DIGITAL sympathy. Ill roll the dice to that.
You live in texas? Hooray.
You love close to it? How would one love close to it.
Hi I am on Perry Street i can walk over there without breaking a sweat. Manhattan is on an island, so technically it isn't the same ground you've been stepping on. Or were you not being literal? Either way does that matter either? So what, you're an American from Texas that doesn't want to see this built. I'm an American from New York that does. Thats as simple as it gets. In the end which one of us will get what they want?
Guess.
The New Jersey Turnpike right across the river with all of Manhattan in view.
isn't the same thing ( AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME) as the Lonestar state.
We are quite far from the same boat. I lost noone in my family thank god, none o them had anything to do with the world trade center. I did however lose two neighbors I was friendly with and one i wasn't. My cousin lost her fiance a NewYorkCity Fireman. Real far from the same boat.
Wonder , when it's completed will you still be bitching andmoaning about it?

Right idea:

Wrong Idea:

Well let's just agree to disagree. I know that if we put up a poll for Trump's idea versus this "new" idea Donald Trump will win out. Plus Trump has done great things for NYC in the past like Wollman Ice Skating Rink. I think the same success will be had with his 1475ft towers which will be taller than the Sears Tower. Imagine that.

If this new tower gets build it would be a shame because we used to have two supertalls in Lower Manhattan and now it gets knocked down to one.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #162
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Thats what I've been saying all along and I agree. Sure not everyone will agree and thats cool with me but they shouldnt call those that do agree stupid. That just shows how imature people start or provoke a conflict.
: (
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #163
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Problem solved:

Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #164
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeMagnet2000
So living in New York automatically makes you better better nygirl? Guess what, so do 21 million other people. Congratulations, you're mediocre.
No that's what someone else was assuming I was implying did you not just see me make it clear that was not what i was getting at? I know that was like reading a chapter of Bullshit for you, but it's in there , don't be so quick to start a bitch fit, it aint that serious. You really think i overdose on new york like it would make me better than the next person? Thanks for calling me mediocre, I know exactly what i am and that aint it.

Quote:
You can't be any older than 12 with your attacking everyone who would rather see that twin towers back up.
Nah i'm 11. Duhhh. And my "attack" was more of an "enough is enough " rant. More so a rant than an attack, but this is SSC. so we call anything an attack here. BACK UP? BACK UP FROM WHAT THE BURNING PILE OF STEEL THAT ONCE HELD THEM UP? Get the **** over it.

Quote:
How much of a moron do you have to be in order to say something as idiotic as "I'm getting the tower I want, hahaha too bad for you!" Like a 4-year old getting the shiniest toy in the Happy Meal.
This tower i can leave and i can take, the point is, it is differnt, it isn't some akward attempt at a destroyed past, does that not make sense to you? How old are you? This "comeback" or cosigned agreement against nygirl looks more like the works of a 12 year old than my legit arguement against the "majority" opinion in here. They said what they want to say what is the exact same thing as the expert before them. I put a little more guts into my reason for not disliking it. For being mature enough to realize the goddamn building is only that, a goddamn building and it's a pretty touchy subject considering it really is being erected on what is technically a graveyard.

Quote:
a matter of opinion, and most peoples' opinions are different than yours. If you don't like it, move to a country where they don't have that pesky First Amendment, you know, that whole "Freedom of Speech" thing?
Right. This is a construction thread, meant to be informative it shouldn't even be 3 pages long considering jack squat is taking place there. Take your sensitive asses over to the subforum for that bullshit. How we got... a whole page almost dedicated to how we feel about it and how its a sad day and the wrong thing to do. Bullshit, says who? You? LMFAO. Nothing will ever be good enough.

Quote:
The only one acting childish here is you. It's too bad that the people in charge want to put up this "skeleton" (as Trump wisely put it) instead of the buildings that belong there.
I might be rude and bullheaded bro but I am not being childhish.
How is this a skeleton, please give me an example, or is Donald Trump wise and all knowing enough for you to be satisfied enough with just calling it that.
What belongs there is what the lease holders and developers put there.

Quote:
Are you an architect? Then who are you to say what is classy and bold and what will start an "architectural revolution" (can you say that out loud while keeping a straight face)? You talk as if you're some kind of architectural genius talking to the munchkins in Oz. Pray tell, what award-winning buildings have you designed that give you so much of an intellectual advantage over us little people?
Lol , wow. Ouch, you got me.
Pray tell , you can call it ugly, i can't call it bold? So i have to have a degree to have an opinion other than the ordinary lame duhhhhh opinion? What a peice of shit way to put that. What i mean by revolution is its new its in ny and its alot larger than anything we've been getting around here lately. That with the demand for office space and current lots with new plans I would love to see some competition. Not making sense?
Sorry for being cheesy but i have said that many times with a straight face. No I am not an architect.

Quote:
I fully expect your response to this to be nothing but another attack screaming "GET OVER IT" while you yourself poke fun at people who use caps lock. Just the kind of person you are.
You float them, I'll spike them. Noone asked you to be superman and save the integrity of the forumers. I poke fun at people who use CAPS LOCK? Lol glad to see i got a fan that remembers this shit, cause i don't.

Quote:
By the way, thanks for pointing out that Manhattan is an island and isn't literally the same ground in Texas. I can't believe we never realized it!!
Don't mention it, glad i could help

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #165
nygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
Well let's just agree to disagree. I know that if we put up a poll for Trump's idea versus this "new" idea Donald Trump will win out. Plus Trump has done great things for NYC in the past like Wollman Ice Skating Rink. I think the same success will be had with his 1475ft towers which will be taller than the Sears Tower. Imagine that.

If this new tower gets build it would be a shame because we used to have two supertalls in Lower Manhattan and now it gets knocked down to one.
Agreed, no harm done here. Unfortunately yes , here a Donald Trump poll would win. The Don has done great things for New York, I honestly think his vision of a new twin towers would not be one of them and would be a tremendous mistake.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #166
koolkid

No Bitch, your not helping at all. You're 11 huh, well that explains the titty attack (if you even have any). Why dont you buy yourself a ***** or something to help alleviate your puberty problem. Stop tryin to curse in every sentence your only making yourself sound like some ny street rat.
; )
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:59 AM   #167
nygirl

Ummmm im about to make sure, that your out of here.

Old April 29th, 2006, 04:01 AM   #168
koolkid

Bye
; )
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #169
BabeMagnet2000

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
This tower i can leave and i can take, the point is, it is differnt, it isn't some akward attempt at a destroyed past, does that not make sense to you?
Most of your rambling rant is so pointless I feel bad for your keyboard that had to accept what you typed. But as far as an "akward [sic] attempt at a destroyed past":

Oooo!! I know how we can show those terrorists who's boss!! Let's name this the Freedom Tower, as a tribute to our Freedoms!!! And we'll even make it 1,776 feet tall, as in the year the USA was founded!! What a great idea!!! A towering tribute to American subtlety!!

I'm proud to know that a second-grader won the "Design the new WTC" contest.

Almost forgot: demand for office space? What New York City do you live in? There is a glut of office space sitting empty, and the new trend is moving companies to Midtown. And how many floors are leased in the new WTC7? Answer: 1. And it's Silverstein's own company.
BabeMagnet2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #170
TroyBoy

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola
Problem solved:

Thats the right answer, design is not bad (better then the origonal) its the fact theres only one that ruins it.
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #171
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy
Thats the right answer, design is not bad (better then the origonal) its the fact theres only one that ruins it.
yeap.. we need a twin towers for NY.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:50 AM   #172
blackhawk08

Likes (Received): 0

i agree, its beautiful!!! lol
blackhawk08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #173
Ebola
BANNED

The fact that there are two of them and the other towers are there too make it amazing. Just adding that tower made all the difference. We should push them to build another! Tower Two's roof is supposed to be around 1,000 feet anyway.
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #174
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Honestly, I still find it a bit too early to be celebrating. Even Emporis does not consider an excavation in which it only states that it has just been approoved by giving it a blue square. Apparently, the known skyscraper website doesn't consider excavation an official construction. Let's not forget that the site for 7SD in Chicago was created and excavated and it wound up getting cancelled. Since I am seeing nobody actually there on the webcam, I am starting to feel that it could just be another false start, but that just me saying this, so don't make flaming in response to it.
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:47 AM   #175
Ebola
BANNED

Larry said that the working force would start to pour in in the coming weeks. I doubt the WTC will be put off any longer.
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #176
Xeon
l i f t e d

Likes (Received): 1

I really like the Twin Tower Freedom Tower Design. But is it really possible or even being proposed right now? Or is this just our imagination here in the forums?
Xeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #177
koolkid

Those two towers look beautiful together lets enjoy this peacetime in the forum while it lasts.Theres going to be some haters blabbing their mouth in here again.
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #178
blackhawk08

Likes (Received): 0

yay peace. see, we can all agree on something, the twin freedom towers!
blackhawk08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #179
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

I'm still hell bent on Trump's idea but twin "freedom" towers are better than one. It will be sad to know that the rectangular WTC will never be seen again because when I use to think of a skyscraper, the WTC came to mind.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #180
koolkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk08
yay peace. see, we can all agree on something, the twin freedom towers!
Cheers to that!