daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 26th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #1
gatepackages
Gate Packages

Likes (Received): 0

Gated Communities

Hey, bloggers!

Due to the high interest of Gated Communities, I wanted to share a picture of a gate our company manufactured last Friday.

The most often overlooked aspect of gated entrances is the design of the installation. Even competent architects and engineers lack the expertise required to design workable entrances, due to issues like: height requirements for gate houses, widths of roads, turning radiuses, emergency vehicle access, and the differences between resident and visitor access are simply overlooked, or not well thought out. Many times, clients are more interested in getting as many units as they can on a property that they seem to forget that one day, actual residents will move in and have to live with the system that was planned for them.

Once the gates are down, the community is no longer gated.

Our company, Gate Packages Unlimited Inc., is a leading manufacturer of custom welded aluminum automatic gates and fencing systems and our plant is located in Sebring, Florida. There are many types of gates: Swing gates, Cantilever or V-Track slide gates, and Barrier Gates (parking lot).

We recently finished the Gates & Fencing at the Marque En Ville and La Bellasara Projects. We have a plasma cutting machine that allows us to add a community's logo to "personalize" their gate.

To view our latest manufactured gate, please follow this link:

http://www.gatepackages.com/lproject.shtml

[IMG]
gatepackages no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #2
carfentanyl
efil4oremirp

Likes (Received): 2

Gated communities suck big fat monkey balls and so does spam...
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #3
gatepackages
Gate Packages

In response to Carfentanyl:

I didn't realize that posting a picture of something related to towers was spam. Is it spam because there is not a tower behind it? I read the rules and never meant this as spam.....As a reader of this website, as are many others in our industry (I know because we talk about this site when we get together) I thought it was a site to shares themes and ideas.

There are gates & fencing around these towers going up in Tampa.

Gate Packages is my screen name. I do not think I deserve your attack. I could be wrong.

PS. I gave the link for the picture thinking it would post on my opening thread. I never meant for it to be a link to our website......

Last edited by gatepackages; April 26th, 2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old April 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Andrew

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatepackages
Our company, Gate Packages Unlimited Inc., is a leading manufacturer of custom welded aluminum automatic gates and fencing systems and our plant is located in Sebring, Florida. There are many types of gates: Swing gates, Cantilever or V-Track slide gates, and Barrier Gates (parking lot).
That sounds a lot like advertising to me.
I'm pretty sure forum rules prohibit advertising commercial products. I believe that is why carfentanyl is calling your post spam.
If you genuinely want to post about the subject because it's something relevant then fair enough, I'm sure that's ok but not as publicity for your company.

Also, about posting photos:
You need to put the direct link for the image between the two image tags. When looking at what you put in your post you put this address between img tags:
http://www.gatepackages.com/lproject.shtml
This is the address for the whole page and not an individual image. To get a single image right click on that image, click on properties and copy the url from the properties window that comes up. You know it's a correct image url by it's ending, looking at the pics on your website they're all jpeg images so their addesses end in .jpg

Also, the image tags you typed were wrong, this is what you had in your post:
"[ IMG][IMG]http://www.gatepackages.com/lproject.shtml[IMG][/IMG ]"
(ignore the spaces, I just put those in so you can see the code in this post).

You've got too many img tags there, it should look something like this (without the spaces):
[ IMG]http://www.gatepackages.com/lproject/3.jpg[/IMG ]

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt so I hope you werent coming on here just to advertise because I've just spent 10 mins explaining this to help you out, I'll be pissed off if I'm helping a spammer (not that I can do anything about it if you are).

Last edited by Andrew; April 26th, 2006 at 07:02 PM.
Andrew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #5
gatepackages
Gate Packages

Thanks for your help wrt the images, Andrew.