daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #1921
FlagshipV
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caelus View Post
http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...012-16hbi.html

Cathay Pacific replacing 'uncomfortable' economy seats after complaints
Why are they replacing those Economy Class seats just because of a few complaints?? They are probably the best around. Will the replaced seats still have the shell back?
FlagshipV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1922
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagshipV View Post
Why are they replacing those Economy Class seats just because of a few complaints?? They are probably the best around. Will the replaced seats still have the shell back?
Bloomberg published these 'rumours' today as well. No official announcement on the replacement yet. I'll be watching the premium economy development very closely.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #1923
FlagshipV
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Bloomberg published these 'rumours' today as well. No official announcement on the replacement yet. I'll be watching the premium economy development very closely.
Hope its not going to be official. I always make it a point whenever i can to fly CX because of those seats even if i have to make a stop over in HK. Their economy seats are in a class of their own.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #1924
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Hope its not going to be official. I always make it a point whenever i can to fly CX because of those seats even if i have to make a stop over in HK. Their economy seats are in a class of their own.
Don't think anyone can judge until more information comes out on what is changing and what will it be changed to if any.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #1925
FlagshipV
BANNED

Quote:
Don't think anyone can judge until more information comes out on what is changing and what will it be changed to if any.
Well then i'm hoping for good news!!
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #1926
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Well then i'm hoping for good news!!
I think change for the better is also good news!

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #1927
FlagshipV
BANNED

Quote:
I think change for the better is also good news!
Ok i will think positive!! The seats will be changed for the better.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #1928
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Ok i will think positive!! The seats will be changed for the better.
I'm actually very looking forward to premium economy. After trying the Qantas version, I think it's a very reasonable and affordable step-up from Economy class.

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1929
FlagshipV
BANNED

Quote:
I'm actually very looking forward to premium economy. After trying the Qantas version, I think it's a very reasonable and affordable step-up from Economy class.
What are they going to offer in premium economy?? Never tried the Qantas version before.........
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #1930
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
What are they going to offer in premium economy?? Never tried the Qantas version before.........
Here is my London flight report : http://www.globalphotos.org/qf29.htm

The seats are actually the old J ones, so there is a lot more room.

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #1931
FlagshipV
BANNED

Great flight report and comments do you have any more??I am planning a trip to europe so europe reviews would be great. How much more does Qantas charge for an upgrade from economy to premium economy?
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1932
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Great flight report and comments do you have any more??I am planning a trip to europe so europe reviews would be great. How much more does Qantas charge for an upgrade from economy to premium economy?
Well, that was my only Premium Economy experience. I've flown a lot more in Business Class though. Prices really vary but they're very transparent on their online booking service.

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #1933
FlagshipV
BANNED

Quote:
Well, that was my only Premium Economy experience. I've flown a lot more in Business Class though. Prices really vary but they're very transparent on their online booking service.
Ok thanks!! will check on their website myself....... If i want to fly to multiple european cities, should i book with my flights with Star Alliance or One World?
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #1934
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Ok thanks!! will check on their website myself....... If i want to fly to multiple european cities, should i book with my flights with Star Alliance or One World?
You can open a thread in the Travel section for that, and provide more details such as city routing. Europe is so big. Hard to say which alliance to go for without knowing where you want to go.

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #1935
FlagshipV
BANNED

Quote:
You can open a thread in the Travel section for that, and provide more details such as city routing. Europe is so big. Hard to say which alliance to go for without knowing where you want to go.
Ok thanks hkskyline
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #1936
caelus

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Bloomberg published these 'rumours' today as well. No official announcement on the replacement yet.
Someone works at Cathay City has seen the new seat, it arrived at CC last week.
caelus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #1937
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By angus0829 from a Hong Kong discussion forum :

Old October 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1938
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific welcomes Policy Address commitment to enhance Hong Kong’s international competitiveness
13 October 2010
Press Release

Cathay Pacific today welcomed the commitment made by the HKSAR Chief Executive, Mr Donald Tsang, in his Policy Address that the Government would strive to enhance Hong Kong's status as an international centre for financial services, trade, shipping and logistics, so as to better leverage its unique advantages and functions during the National 12th Five-Year Plan period.

Cathay Pacific Chief Executive Tony Tyler said: “Hong Kong is Asia’s premier international aviation hub and so we welcome the Government’s commitment to develop Hong Kong’s status as an international centre for financial services, trade, shipping and logistics. The aviation industry is a huge and important contributor to the Hong Kong economy, and the development of our aviation hub is crucial to Hong Kong’s international competitiveness and long-term economic prosperity.

“Our airline is making massive investments in the aviation business, which underline our continued commitment to developing the city’s position as a global aviation and airfreight hub.”

Cathay Pacific is building a state-of-the-art air cargo terminal at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) at a development cost of HK$5.5 billion. As indicated in the Policy Address, the new terminal, when completed in early 2013, will increase the airport's cargo handling capacity by 50%.

The airline has recently ordered 36 new aircraft at a combined list price of HK$75 billion. This is in addition to the 30 aircraft it already has on order for delivery up to 2013.

Meanwhile, Cathay Pacific also welcomed the midfield expansion project at HKIA which begins next year and will increase capacity and ease air-traffic congestion.

Mr Tyler said: “It is very important that we continue to monitor the growth in demand so that all facilities at the airport are in place to meet long-term air traffic growth. We look forward to participating in the consultation for the development of a third runway at HKIA which is crucial to maintaining Hong Kong’s position as Asia’s premier international hub.”

Old October 14th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #1939
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific to expand code-share with Japan Airlines
14 October 2010
Airline Industry Information

Hong Kong based carrier Cathay Pacific today announced a further expansion of its code-share arrangement with Japan Airlines.

Under the expanded arrangement Cathay Pacific’s CX code will be placed on selected Japan Airlines domestic services between Haneda and Asahikawa, Aomori, Hiroshima, Hakodate, Kochi, Kumamoto, Komatsu, Kagoshima, Kushiro and Obihiro and between Narita Airport and Sapporo and Osaka and Okinawa and Sapporpo.

The new arrangements are designed to provide Cathay Pacific passengers with better convenience when travelling between Hong Kong and Japan.

Tickets for code-share services are available now for travel from 31 October 2010, subject to government approval.

Old October 15th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #1940
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific Sep Passengers Up 18.4% On Year At 2.18 Mln
14 October 2010

HONG KONG (Dow Jones)--Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. (0293.HK) said Thursday it carried 18.4% more passengers in September than it did a year earlier, as international air traffic continued to grow in tandem with the global economic recovery.

The Hong Kong-based carrier and its China-focused unit, Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Ltd., carried 2.18 million passengers in September. Cathay Pacific carried 9.6% more cargo than it did a year earlier, at 146,152 metric tons.

"Our passenger traffic remained robust as we moved from the summer holiday season into what is traditionally the period when premium demand picks up," said Tom Owen, general manager of revenue management.

Though demand for economy cabins held firm during the month, first- and business-class volumes remained below pre-financial crisis levels in 2008, he said.

For the month, Cathay Pacific's passenger revenue, as measured by revenue passenger kilometers, rose 15.2% to 7.92 billion RPKs, while capacity, as measured by available seat kilometers, rose 12.9% from a year earlier to 9.69 billion ASKs.

Cathay Pacific's passenger load factor, or the proportion of seats filled on its flights, rose 1.6 percentage points to 81.80%.

Tags
cathay pacific, east asian airlines, hong kong, oneworld