daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2006, 05:48 AM   #21
conquest
كسكس

Likes (Received): 2

are you fu**ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!! you people make me sick you think your country is the greatest and think the rest of the world is a third world sh** hole argentina behing chad!!!!!!!!!! i didnt know you could make a list of economic freedom while you're on drugs!!!!!!!!!!

vamos argentina construyan esa torre y callen a estos ignorantes!!!
conquest no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2006, 05:48 AM   #22
Peter The Great

Likes (Received): 9

^ It's one thing to compare Argentina to other countries...and another when considering the city of Buenos Aires I'm sure.
Peter The Great no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #23
ChicagoSkyline
BANNED

Location: Chicago[Naperville-SW Suburb] + Miami[Miami Beach & South Beach]
Likes (Received): 29

I would say that this is a big rip off of Chicago's Fordham with like "plz extra size me" if you can,lol! BTW, what makes Bueons Aires now inspires to become the second proof of Taipei with these world's biggest sore thumb in the air without much of a tall skyline? I think that it would ruined a beautiful skyline that it already has and I really doubt that it will get the enuf investors for these thing in a non supertall city!
ChicagoSkyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:05 AM   #24
Adamje
Skycrazyscraper

Likes (Received): 0

Drt, are you having fun of another country? thatīs not polite! we are here to give our point of view on different buildings and constructions not about economies!!
Adamje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #25
Diboto
This is America

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrT
The Heritage Foundation 2006 Index of Economic Freedom ranks Argentina 107'th out of 157 countries surveyed, right behind Chad and Ghana. Great places to invest. You should be there for one of their "bank holidays". It's great fun.
Ignorance rules baby.

Thatīs a great project, and even if it never comes true, Bs. As. doesnīt need it to be an amazing city.
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #26
SDK4
Florida

Likes (Received): 500

Its a very unique tower, and if these investors have the money to build it and the people in Buenos Aires like it, then go right ahead.
SDK4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #27
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

If it happens I think it'll be downsized to a good extent. 1000m buildings don't have a good track record already, but then when they are proposed in places without even 300m towers....
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #28
bohio
Deacon Blues

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrT
The Heritage Foundation 2006 Index of Economic Freedom ranks Argentina 107'th out of 157 countries surveyed, right behind Chad and Ghana. Great places to invest. You should be there for one of their "bank holidays". It's great fun.
So there must be some pretty dumb rich guys out there responsible for the 125% expansion in foreign investment in Argentina last year, the largest in Latin America.
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #29
neilio
lolwut

Likes (Received): 34

oh kool..why doesnt every city over 1 million people on earth just build the tallest tower. Or fordham spire copies whatever works. I once got excited about this stuff but holy crap by the time all these 500m+ towers are build they are all going to be a dime a dozen. Its a nice tower i guess, but is the world going through a "i have the biggest ***** faze", i find it pathetic when all that money could be used to really improve the city in a million ther ways rather then all be wasted on one big tower thats only as good as a crap load of other towers just like it being proposed.

Seriously, whats a man with a 10 inch dong if hes old fat and ugly and has aides??
He should fix himself up then show his dong off to the world. Same goes for a country which hasnt reached 1st world status.
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #30
Sinjin P.
TheLibotero

Likes (Received): 535

OMG, it's fabulous!
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #31
Captain Obvious

Likes (Received): 14

I absolutely LOVE Buenos Aires, and Argentina in general. I also have great hope for its skyscraper future. I've been there, and I'm well aware of how modern it is.

However, I must agree with DrT. Argentina has tremendous problems with its leftist economic attitude. (As exemplified by the cursing forumer with a freaking "Che" icon). Argentina often adopts very shortsighted economic policy - usually involving them setting up trade barriers. While the country is doing fairly well now, and I hope it continues to do so, all it will take is a few more foolish regulations further restricting business - all in the name of "the people" of course - and the country could be in for some more rough times.

Let's not forget that the reason Argentina's growth percentages are so impressive currently, has a lot to do with how stangnant it was only 4 or 5 years ago. Let's just hope that the government learns to free up the market a little more, so the boom doesn't have to stop!
Captain Obvious no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #32
Adamje
Skycrazyscraper

Neilio, I totally agree with you. The only thing is if all this money come from private investors, thatīs ok!! but from the government, even if it is a little, there is no justification, when the money could be used to improve the city and the peopleīs life!
Adamje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:18 AM   #33
SerfCity
BANNED

Guys, the tower looks amazing. But it's just a project, some architect's pipe dream. There's very little chance the developers will get investors for this. A 1.000 metres tower, costing well over $3 billion, here in B.A.? It's ludicrous.
SerfCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #34
Brendan

Likes (Received): 23

That tower looks beautiful!
Brendan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #35
IsaganiZenze
...geologist...

I like the tower, it's really interesting...

...note: yes...i dont' know why people are bashing about: "rip-offs" of other buildings, or it doesn't fit because of economy, etc....does it really matter?!?!? i mean... just look at the freaking skyscraper!
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #36
SerfCity
BANNED

Looks great, no doubt about that.

SerfCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #37
PotatoGuy

Likes (Received): 4

It would be awesome for a Latin American nation to hold the title to tallest building in the World, I would love to see this built
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #38
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

It looks like Fordham Spire got obese. In any case, I like it.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #39
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5227

WOW.. awesome

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #40
jorgen
Viking

Likes (Received): 5

Buenos Aires looks great on those images posted in this thread.

The tower looks good too. Seems like there is a normal squared building inside with the spiral surrounding it.
Crossing fingers
jorgen no está en línea   Reply With Quote