daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM   #321
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvylle View Post
hey guys- new to the forum. I live in Nashville have been keeping up with this tower for a very long time. From what Ive heard/read, Tony needs more reservations/sold whatever to begin excavation. I believe he has about 140 right now, but needs about 30-35 more. I believe this tower will get 60% reserved, but i believe a lot of people are waiting for the groundbreaking until they spend their cash.
Then this would appear to mean that either Tony was misinformed about lending requirements, or that his prosective lenders changed up on him at the last moment.

I say this because, as of last week, Tony said that he was breaking ground late July or early August, at the latest, and that his goal was to have 100 hard contracts by the end of July, and that he needed a total of 240 before going vertical.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM   #322
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Then this would appear to mean that either Tony was misinformed about lending requirements, or that his prosective lenders changed up on him at the last moment.

I say this because, as of last week, Tony said that he was breaking ground late July or early August, at the latest, and that his goal was to have 100 hard contracts by the end of July, and that he needed a total of 240 before going vertical.
Given the downturn in lending requirements, lenders holding "paper" are going to require higher interest rates and more security. I've still got my fingers crossed but I think this project may die on the vine.
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:52 PM   #323
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
Given the downturn in lending requirements, lenders holding "paper" are going to require higher interest rates and more security. I've still got my fingers crossed but I think this project may die on the vine.
Word is that the parking lot tenants have been given until August to vacate. If true (and I don't know that it is), it would indicate nothing more than a one-month delay to secure the additional 35 sales necessary to break gound.

Again, I'm no authority here. But whereas it could be the case that this project is in its death throes, it could also be the case that the project is progressing through the usual hiccups for a project of this magnitude.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 03:18 AM   #324
Adric

Likes (Received): 0

Hi everybody. I'm new to these forums but I'd figure I'd go ahead and join after reading up here for about 2 months now. Anyway there was an ad for signature tower that included a letter from Tony Girratana. I've got it here...

"July 29,2007

Dear fellow Tennesseans:

There are opportunities that come around just once in a lifetime. In Nashville today, that opportunity is Signature Tower - 70 floors of luxury residences offering stunning views and a rich collection of amenities. Those that seize this opportunity will move into their new homes in 2010.

Now is the time to invest in Signature Tower. For a limited time, you may purchase your residence at a special pre-construction pricing. Fewer than half of the exquisite high-rise homes that will be pre-sold remain available, with pre construction prices from $400,000.

Wheather you seek a primary residence or a second home in the city, Signature Tower caters to those with...... etc etc etc.

We look forward to Hearing from you!

Girratana Development, LLC
Tony Girratana
President"

That was taken from The Tennessean (local paper), July 29, 2007, page 14W

It sounds like he's really pushing sales now. Honestly, I think it's going to be built. Tony is too smart and he's come too far to not build this thing. I mean, he's got the blasting permits in his hand and the approval from the city. Plus there is still just too much hub hub here for this to not happen (I just recently moved back to Nashville from Atlanta). Projects run into snags sometimes but you really got to admire Tony's determination. Even if it doesn't get built, that doesn't mean Nashville will be a bad place to live in. Nashville has a standard of living that most city's drool over and, although it might not have the tallest buildings in the world, it does have some pretty cool buildings such as the customs house, union station, and the world's only full-scale replica of the Greek Parthenon. Plus many of the worlds greatest city's don't have the world's tallest buildings (London, Tokyo, Paris, Berlin, Rome, etc). I drive by the parking lot where Sig. Tower s to be built just about every day. I'll let everyone know if they start bringing in construction equipment anytime soon. I look forward to many years at SSC.

P.S. Sorry for the long post but it was my first one. Gotta come in with a bang!
Adric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #325
Route

Likes (Received): 8

Wow, he's already started with the deep discounts. Doesn't sound good.
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #326
Plasticman

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route View Post
Why? He is trying to raise the sales to get this thing moving. Once the minimum requirements are met, he can take them off sale because the demand will rise on its own.

Smart business.
Plasticman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:53 AM   #327
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Why? He is trying to raise the sales to get this thing moving. Once the minimum requirements are met, he can take them off sale because the demand will rise on its own.

Smart business.
I agree. I hope it will get built. Nashville deserve this beautiful tower.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #328
Colonel Cadillac

Likes (Received): 7

This tower is an emotional roller coaster! I never know if its a dead item or completely viable. Opinion is split 50/50. Certainly alot of haters though...they should lighten up.
Colonel Cadillac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #329
DrT
"The Ignorant Fool"

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route View Post
No he hasn't, 400K has been the price on the smallest "pied-a-terre" units for many months now.
DrT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #330
Moren-o
City Slacker

Likes (Received): 2

I like the symmetrical design and the colour of the facade.
I'm not sure about the base though.
Very cool to see a project of this scale in Nashville.
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:58 AM   #331
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

For those of you wondering about when Signature Tower will break ground, all I can say is that the project is moving forward. There seems to be a lot of code issues that are being worked through with Metro government before ground breaking takes place as indicated by this post by TopCat on UP:

"Siggy, like all buildings, only more so (via the design team) has meetings with codes many times to work out any building code issues. There are meetings with the fire marshal to nail down life safety systems, and work out the specifics with metro on the sprinkler systems. Meetings are held with NES to deal with the electric vault, meetings at public works to verify demands and that the utilities are available in sufficient amounts. Meetings with planning, zoning, on and on...The meetings go on for months. You do preliminary design meetings, on a building this size, you do them again in mid design, then you turn around at the end and walk it through a 3rd time just to be sure there aren't any massive screw ups.

Metro has also recently adopted the 2006 code, meaning the building has been in design under the 2000 code and will have to be reassessed on the new code since a building permit was not issued under the old code. There are some code changes that will have to be addressed. It takes time to get it all done.

I just know that they are working their way through the process, enough so that my source said "its real, [Signature] is going to happen". The point is, that Tony G is actively moving this project. They are not sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen.

I have to trust my source. The conversation did not get into talking about schedules, but the implication was clearly sooner rather than later.

Sorry I don't have any more info. It was a short conversation."

Based on this this we can feel certain that groundbreaking WILL take place. No firm date has been set, but all indications the wait will not be too much longer.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM   #332
djorvix

Groundbreaking will be in a little less than three weeks. It will be a very low-key affair, the company has an "if you build it, they will come" philosophy. it is already 50% sold out, mostly to buyers from Brentwood and Franklin, two nastily wealthy suburbs just to the south of Nashville.
djorvix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:41 AM   #333
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

I'm happy to hear that this baby will rise. The amount of supertalls going up in America is unparalleled.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:11 AM   #334
thepixelstudio
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post

Based on the public unveiling today in Nashville, the approved Signature Tower will stand an impressive 65 stories / 1,047 feet tall making it the tallest U.S. skyscraper outside of New York and Chicago. Wow!!
where batman is? maybe will be confused with gotham city
thepixelstudio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:53 PM   #335
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorvix View Post
Groundbreaking will be in a little less than three weeks. It will be a very low-key affair, the company has an "if you build it, they will come" philosophy. it is already 50% sold out, mostly to buyers from Brentwood and Franklin, two nastily wealthy suburbs just to the south of Nashville.
I certainly hope this information is accurate. I can't wait to see this baby rise! By the way, welcome to the forum and thanks for the info.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:54 PM   #336
Adric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
For those of you wondering about when Signature Tower will break ground, all I can say is that the project is moving forward. There seems to be a lot of code issues that are being worked through with Metro government before ground breaking takes place as indicated by this post by TopCat on UP:

"Siggy, like all buildings, only more so (via the design team) has meetings with codes many times to work out any building code issues. There are meetings with the fire marshal to nail down life safety systems, and work out the specifics with metro on the sprinkler systems. Meetings are held with NES to deal with the electric vault, meetings at public works to verify demands and that the utilities are available in sufficient amounts. Meetings with planning, zoning, on and on...The meetings go on for months. You do preliminary design meetings, on a building this size, you do them again in mid design, then you turn around at the end and walk it through a 3rd time just to be sure there aren't any massive screw ups.

Metro has also recently adopted the 2006 code, meaning the building has been in design under the 2000 code and will have to be reassessed on the new code since a building permit was not issued under the old code. There are some code changes that will have to be addressed. It takes time to get it all done.

I just know that they are working their way through the process, enough so that my source said "its real, [Signature] is going to happen". The point is, that Tony G is actively moving this project. They are not sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen.

I have to trust my source. The conversation did not get into talking about schedules, but the implication was clearly sooner rather than later.

Sorry I don't have any more info. It was a short conversation."

Based on this this we can feel certain that groundbreaking WILL take place. No firm date has been set, but all indications the wait will not be too much longer.
Not to mention that Nashville, as with most of the south, is going through a heat wave thats worse than everything thats ever been on record here... literally! With temps remaining around 100-104 degrees F for about 2 weeks now (which broke the previous record) and topping out at 106 (which also broke the previous record of 104 for hottest temperature ever recorded here set back in 1956), it's claimed about 12 lives now and forced metro schools to go to half days as many schools don't have working air conditioners at the moment. Not exactly ideal conditions to send out a demolition crew who's not used to heat like this. Needless to say... most of us here in Nashville are believers in global warming now... Hopefully the weather will have cooled off a it before excavation begins. I'd hate to see them fall behind schedule due to the heat!

On another note, the excavation for West End Summit was completed about 2 weeks ago. That project looks exiting too as it will push more upscale development to the midtown area. The Pinnacle at Symphony Place is coming along nicely too. It has a nice design but I wish it were a bit taller (it will stand at a mere 29 stories or 432 ft). And finally the Suntrust financial centre is nearing edging closer to completion, the Meridian isnt terribly far behind, and I cant even keep up with the Gultch area. That area looks like a little Dubai right now with all of the cranes. There is a complete list of Nashville projects proposed and U/C here:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117104
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:46 AM   #337
Squiggles

Likes (Received): 22

This will definately overshadow the Bat Tower (Southern Bell Tower), but it looks nice. It seems like a skyscraper to be found in a larger city, but it works for Nashville--which already has a nice downtown.
Squiggles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:23 AM   #338
kofemord
Santiago Rocks

Likes (Received): 148

looks so good!!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:20 PM   #339
Adric

Alright I've got some pics for everyone. These are up to date as they were taken earlier today. First up we have Sig. Tower related stuff. Then a few other pics of other sites.

The Signature tower lot...

Future Sig. Tower skyline...

Church St. which will bear the address of Sig. Tower...

Pinnacle Tower site...

The big hole thats going to be West End Summit...

Finally the bottom of the Encore! tower also being developed by Tony Girratana...
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM   #340
jlh630

Likes (Received): 7

I'm moving to Nashville tomorrow to attend Vanderbilt, and all I can say is I cannot wait for this tower to rise. The renders are stunning, and to see this tower take shape will be...just great. It's cool to live in the city (Atlanta) with the tallest building in the US outside of NYC and Chicago, and now I get to live in the next city to hold that record.
jlh630 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
nashville