daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #341
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Wow! I can't wait to see these amazing projects to get completed in Nashville and it would be interesting to see how it will impact Nashville skyline with these amazing skyscrapers. I want to visit Nashville after Signature Tower completes.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:15 AM   #342
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

That's going to be a very long time then. Does Nashville not appeal to you now or not good enough for you in it's current form?

Last edited by Myster E; August 25th, 2007 at 02:29 AM.
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #343
phillybud

Likes (Received): 35

This is going to be a really beautiful skyscraper! I love the crown on top. Especially nice is the legnth to width ratio and the elegant overall design. Congratulations and Kudos to Nashville that will take it place with other great American cities with notable skylines. However - not to diminish the importance of this tower - some see Nashville as one of only 4 or 5 American cities with a supertall skyscraper ... personally I predict 10 years from now at least 8 to 10 US cities will have a supertall and besides NYC and Chicago, Miami, LA, Las Vegas, Houston, Atlanta, Philly, and Boston will all have supertall skyscrapers.
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #344
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster E View Post
That's going to be a very long time then. Does Nashville not appeal to you now or not good enough for you in it's current form?
I didn't mean that. I just want to wait and see it when it complete. It will worth it!
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM   #345
ames
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

good for nashville
ames no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #346
Adric

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
I didn't mean that. I just want to wait and see it when it complete. It will worth it!
It's slated to be completed in 2010. That seems forever away! But by the time it's completed (that is if construction ever starts) it will have all of these other developments completed to complement it. The renderings that Tony G. uses are old (and less dense) photos of Nashville so the tower. kinda sticks out more than it actually will upon completion.

By the time Sig is done (going off of the 2010 date):
Pinnacle will be completed
West End Summit will be completed
Encore! will be completed
Suntrust building will be completed
Icon will be completed
Terrazzo will be completed
... and so on... you get the picture.
Adric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #347
CrazyAboutCities

I understand. Times gone faster than we think. 2007 is almost over (four months left) so Once we are in year 2010, we will feel like it is just yesterday. Looking forward to visit Nashville one of these days.
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #348
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

is there a precise date when we will know if this wonderful building is coing to come to life?
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #349
Sound.
Usuario renovado

Likes (Received): 4752

Nice tower
Sound. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:28 AM   #350
Plasticman

Likes (Received): 8

I don't know when it will start but here is a late article concerning the hotel portion of Signature.

http://www.sys-con.com/read/420154.htm

As far as 1,000 footers, NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, and LA are the only US cities currently breaking that threshold. However Miami, Boston, and SF all have projects at or over 1,000 feet. I'm also curious about Charlotte and their Trump rumor. Given the hot competition between Nashville and Charlotte I wouldn't be surprised IF a Trump tower is built in Charlotte it will miraculously be 1,058' tall.

I have also hear rumor after rumor of a 700 foot hotel to go up in Nashville which will be just perfect to balance the Signature Tower. Still no concrete evidence of that yet though.
Plasticman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #351
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

I still say bring this baby to Chicago and it will get built! It would look beautiful at Wolf point. I'm having trouble believing that this beautiful structure is going to be built at it's present location...given all the lending issues in today's marketplace.
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #352
dReAmWiELdEr

Likes (Received): 2

Re: Cheeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
I still say bring this baby to Chicago and it will get built! It would look beautiful at Wolf point. I'm having trouble believing that this beautiful structure is going to be built at it's present location...given all the lending issues in today's marketplace.
Well, it appears by all indication that this is going to be built... in Nashville, and sooner rather than later.
I think Chicago is quite fine with its plethora of supertalls as it stands... esp. with new upcoming additions/proposals. Nashville, on the other hand, needs this structure to help establish further (and better) infrastructure.
Also, since this tower is marketed to fairly "elite" clientele (on both buyers' and investors' sides,) I would have to say that lending requirements are not going to be an issue with this structure, ultimately.
dReAmWiELdEr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #353
dReAmWiELdEr

Likes (Received): 2

BTW... about that 700+ footer...

I just thought I would also let you know about that rumored 700+ foot hotel. You are most likely referring to what will (hopefully) be the Peabody Hotel, Nashville. See this link: http://www.hotelinteractive.com/inde...rticle_id=8265

This was a hotel which was originally planned back in 2004, but due to different developments, things were held up. According to this article, that may change very soon.
dReAmWiELdEr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #354
MDguy

^ sounds great!

and Im glad its getting built in nashville and not a metropolis like chicago. Its nashvilles turn to shine. Chicago is getting the spire, trump, and waterview anyway, so give nash a chance
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #355
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy View Post
^ sounds great!

and Im glad its getting built in nashville and not a metropolis like chicago. Its nashvilles turn to shine. Chicago is getting the spire, trump, and waterview anyway, so give nash a chance
I still say...bring it to Chicago!!! It would look absolutely beautiful on the river. Imagine taking a river cruise and gazing on the Spire; the trump; the waterview; 300 n lasalle and Chicago's very own "Signature Tower". Wow wouldn't that be a sight....
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #356
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
I still say...bring it to Chicago!!! It would look absolutely beautiful on the river. Imagine taking a river cruise and gazing on the Spire; the trump; the waterview; 300 n lasalle and Chicago's very own "Signature Tower". Wow wouldn't that be a sight....
it would really be a sight!

I want more skyscrapers in chicago!!!!!
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #357
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

I disagree, Chi-land has it's fair crop of the supertalls coming up and you know there will be more proposed along the pipeline, Nashville TN definitely deserves a slice of the action with its first supertall and hopefully many more will follow.
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #358
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

Likes (Received): 8

it would fade away in chicago's skyline. to many to compete with there. its fine here in nashville!
newyorkrunaway1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #359
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanamerican View Post
it would really be a sight!

I want more skyscrapers in chicago!!!!!
I don't blame you for wanting Siggy in Chicago. It's simply a beautiful tower, and it would look great in any city, and be a great addition there. You just can't have too many skyscrapers, IMO! In Chicago, it would compliment the spectacular skyline you have there. In Nashville, it will dominate, and hopefully set the stage for other tall skyscrapers to follow.
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:07 AM   #360
Rizzato
Blue Collar

Likes (Received): 49

nice! its approved.
see, for the rest of the world 322 m is small, but nashville? this will stand out so nicely

Tags
nashville