daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #381
Colonel Cadillac

Likes (Received): 7

Man you guys are making me so nervous. The whole proposal deathwatch is just maddening. The waiting and uncertainty is the worst part. I almost just wish that TG would come out and say 'project is cancelled...sorry to get your hopes up.' I mean that would be terrible, but at least we'd know.
Colonel Cadillac no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #382
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

for real though right!
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #383
ariesjow

Likes (Received): 312

Latest Signature Tower rendering in The Avenue

ariesjow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #384
jlh630

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Latest Signature Tower rendering in The Avenue
I feel like I've seen that rendering before...what issue of The Avenue is that?
jlh630 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #385
jlh630

Nevermind I can see Sept/Oct 2007 at the bottom. This could be good news...why advertise a project that's been cancelled? I think we're in business.
Old September 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #386
ariesjow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh630 View Post
Nevermind I can see Sept/Oct 2007 at the bottom. This could be good news...why advertise a project that's been cancelled? I think we're in business.
There was a similar advertisement in, I believe, the same magazine not too long ago with the same angle. Only difference is the design of the tower has been tweaked. The crown is notably different.

Signature most certainly hasn't been canceled. Those were just false internet rumors. The balloon was up this Tuesday so they must have either sold another unit or shown potential buyers the view from their floor. Let's hope this a sign of more good news on this project.

Courtesy of elquapo731 at Nashville Charrette.

Old September 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #387
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

What's Nashville's economy like these days? Booming southern city like ATL, Charlotte?
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #388
RON-E

you have to be a few privlaged to go up in that thing. either a serious looker or a buyer..... i dont have deep enough pockets to be either! lol
Old September 29th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #389
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlobalizer View Post
What's Nashville's economy like these days? Booming southern city like ATL, Charlotte?
Yes, booming.
Dale está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #390
Plasticman

Likes (Received): 8

New 30 second commercial on the signature website. Click this link. Also new pics on the gallery.

http://www.signaturetowernashville.com/virtual.php
Plasticman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #391
jlh630

I really like the new crown, it's slightly more modern. This is great news to see that this project is indeed alive and well. When it starts to rise I promise I will head down to the site several times a week to take some pictures and post them here.
Old September 30th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #392
RON-E

those are some great new renderings!!!! love the crown, a lot more modern, hopefully they will up the advertising and marketing too!
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #393
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON-E View Post
those are some great new renderings!!!! love the crown, a lot more modern, hopefully they will up the advertising and marketing too!
This project is far, far from dead. The marketing goes on. Tony Giarratana is dead serious about making this project a reality. I think the tweaked design looks awesome, and I am really anxious to see this thing break ground.
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #394
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

Any news??? It seems that this thing is hanging on by a thread. I don't mean the SSC thread either...
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #395
phillybud

So, Nashville people, what's up? Is the Signature Tower going up, or what? Be like doctors and give us a prognosis: like "I'm 90% sure it will be going up, but there is still a 10% chance ..." or better yet - "I am certain it's going up, but I don't expect sight clearance and contruction to start for at least 3-4 months ..." Thanks! I, for one, am anxious ...
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #396
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

The balloon makes me think this is 99% certain.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #397
jlh630

I'd say right now it's at about 90%. I recently had a chance to speak with some local architects who are pretty confident this will go up. There is certainly the demand for this tower. People in Nashville are willing to pay to live in a place like this. Unless some unforseen complication comes up, there's no reason to believe this won't become a reality.
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #398
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh630 View Post
I'd say right now it's at about 90%. I recently had a chance to speak with some local architects who are pretty confident this will go up. There is certainly the demand for this tower. People in Nashville are willing to pay to live in a place like this. Unless some unforseen complication comes up, there's no reason to believe this won't become a reality.
That's great news. I hope this project get's built. This building is a work of art and it would be a beautiful addition to the city of Nashville. I'm sure it will be quite a site from I 65.
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #399
ariesjow

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybud View Post
So, Nashville people, what's up? Is the Signature Tower going up, or what? Be like doctors and give us a prognosis: like "I'm 90% sure it will be going up, but there is still a 10% chance ..." or better yet - "I am certain it's going up, but I don't expect sight clearance and contruction to start for at least 3-4 months ..." Thanks! I, for one, am anxious ...
None of us are on Tony's team. We can throw out percentages and guess a prognosis but it'll all still just be rumor. We Nashvillians are as anxious to see this tower rise as anyone but we must be patient. These large projects take time and this is especially true in a market like Nashville that is just now becoming enraptured with large scale urban development.

I don't have any insider info but I personally still feel great about the prospects of this project. From my perception of the attitudes of others throughout the city, most feel that Signature is destined to become a part of the city. An image of Signature looms over the Nashville skyline in an artist depiction on the Nashville Scene's latest "Best of Nashville" edition. Giarrantana recently began vigorously advertising Signature at the Nashville Predators NHL games. The Predators mascot used to climb the BellSouth Building, Nashville's current tallest, on the scoreboard video. It now scales Signature Tower instead. Giarrantana also continues to show us new rendering like the one below of the crown.

While none of this is a definite indication of the tower's fate, it proves that this project is still alive and well. If there's bad news in the future, we'll hear about it. Meanwhile, I'm content with the quiet progress on this project and ecstatic about the unprecedented amount of development going on in Nashville.

Last edited by ariesjow; October 11th, 2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #400
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

thanks for the post...it gave me hope for this tower that I desire soooo much....

thank you!!!

p.s. When you have any info for shure, let us know immediately!!
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
nashville