daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2008, 03:55 AM   #581
novaguy
novaguy

Likes (Received): 19

No NYC on that list?sounds kinda crazy.
novaguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #582
DrzBrooklynChulo90
Javier

Likes (Received): 8

Has this thing even started construction yet??WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?

REPUBLICA DOMINICANA
WWW.MySpace.com/RDLatino430RD
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...03&ref=profile
DrzBrooklynChulo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #583
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaguy View Post
They're fourth on the general business traveler list and not in the top 25 on the convention / seminar list. Evidently, New York has never entered the convention business in a big way. Don't know why. They just haven't.
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:53 AM   #584
Avian001
Mostly Sane

Likes (Received): 1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Actually they've changed the top. I like it even better. Here's the latest rendering:

LOL!!!! "The Starbucks model"

Old April 12th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #585
Hamidxa

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
They're fourth on the general business traveler list and not in the top 25 on the convention / seminar list. Evidently, New York has never entered the convention business in a big way. Don't know why. They just haven't.
Yes they are.
Look a little closer, New York is number 19 on the first list.
Hamidxa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #586
Dallasbrink
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

so is this going to get built
Dallasbrink no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:05 AM   #587
phillybud

Likes (Received): 35

Happy 2 year anniversary of this thread.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:41 AM   #588
MDguy

In 9 days, we will celebrate it
Man, i wish something, anything would happen with this project
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:55 AM   #589
jlh630

Likes (Received): 7

I've been waiting for this thing to start for almost a year now, and I'm just gonna go ahead and say I really don't think it's going to happen. Maybe sometime in the next 10 years the market will change, but from what I've observed about Nashville real estate... there's just no need for this tower. As much as I would love to see this thing go up, I've lost my optimism. There's another residential project down the street from me, a couple ~20 story towers, that has literally just been a hole in the ground since summer. Another very promising looking project that seems to be going nowhere. If this city doesn't need a couple nice 20 story condo towers, it doesn't need a 70 story one. Hopefully one day, but not right now. Personally I think this thread should be closed until some new information comes out, it's confusing for people to think this tower is going up when it might not be. I hope I am wrong and we hear something soon...
jlh630 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #590
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasbrink View Post
so is this going to get built
it's probably gonna' get scaled back significantly.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #591
Plasticman

As stated several times in this thread, it can't get scaled back unless an allowance for that was in the contracts. He has 105 units actually sold and many of those are on the upper floors including the top floor. He cannot change the design of the tower as far as height or anything significant without voiding the existing contracts. In other words a top floor penthouse 600 feet in the air is not nearly as valuable as a top floor penthouse 850 feet in the air. If he scales it back some of the units he has sold not only would be worth less but would no longer exist. The only way to do that is to scrap his contracts and start over.

On another note here is a late TV news story. The project is far from dead but is certainly being delayed.

http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_stories/vid_1572.shtml
Plasticman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM   #592
CessTenn
busy

Likes (Received): 5

Thanks for the link. According to the video, it WILL get built. The problem is they dont have enough contracts YET.
Patience...
Old April 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #593
vandyman53

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh630 View Post
I've been waiting for this thing to start for almost a year now, and I'm just gonna go ahead and say I really don't think it's going to happen. Maybe sometime in the next 10 years the market will change, but from what I've observed about Nashville real estate... there's just no need for this tower. As much as I would love to see this thing go up, I've lost my optimism. There's another residential project down the street from me, a couple ~20 story towers, that has literally just been a hole in the ground since summer. Another very promising looking project that seems to be going nowhere. If this city doesn't need a couple nice 20 story condo towers, it doesn't need a 70 story one. Hopefully one day, but not right now. Personally I think this thread should be closed until some new information comes out, it's confusing for people to think this tower is going up when it might not be. I hope I am wrong and we hear something soon...
The "hole in the ground" is because of significant financing problems. I saw the towers advertised in the tennessean in late april. Once the building that is going on now finishes up it will be two years before Signature and Summit begin.
vandyman53 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #594
Plasticman

Wow! Signature Tower isn't dead but is being redesigned....with the same height but 25 floors of condos being converted to either hotel or office space. Gotta give Mr. Giarratanna credit, he is determined to build this thing at the height he wants. Here is the link to the Tennessean story...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NTPAGECAROUSEL
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:49 AM   #595
DrT
"The Ignorant Fool"

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Wow! Signature Tower isn't dead but is being redesigned....with the same height but 25 floors of condos being converted to either hotel or office space. Gotta give Mr. Giarratanna credit, he is determined to build this thing at the height he wants. Here is the link to the Tennessean story...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NTPAGECAROUSEL
This is great news Plasticman.
I was really getting depressed seeing the chances of this project getting done receding. I admire Giarratana for his stick-to-it-ness.
If the pricing is right, I will definitely consider putting my money where my mouth is on a unit there.
Thanks.
DrT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:33 PM   #596
Plasticman

I still believe if he had proposed this five years ago and marketed it correctly he would have an iconic building standing tall today.

He waited too long to realize that but with his determination he may have stumbled but hasn't fumbled...yet.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:27 AM   #597
DrT
"The Ignorant Fool"

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
I still believe if he had proposed this five years ago and marketed it correctly he would have an iconic building standing tall today.

He waited too long to realize that but with his determination he may have stumbled but hasn't fumbled...yet.
Agree.
I did notice the Siggy website has no changes, and still showing the same layout of units.
I hope that Tony G. can find a nice juicy corporate tennant for the lower floors and announce the revamp soon!
DrT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM   #598
Plasticman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrT View Post
Agree.
I did notice the Siggy website has no changes, and still showing the same layout of units.
I hope that Tony G. can find a nice juicy corporate tennant for the lower floors and announce the revamp soon!
Based on what I'm reading he will have to redesign the shape of the office portion to accomodate better use of space. Sharp angles and odd shapes aren't appealing to offices for whatever reason.

But no matter what the man is sticking to the 1,000+ foot height. He's got guts.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:06 AM   #599
Vittariano

Likes (Received): 13

Beautiful. Muito lindo!
Old May 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #600
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Now comes the news that Giarratana already has an office tenant expressing interest in leasing space equivalent to 150 condos in the tower. That would be a minimum of 15 floors and a minimum of 60% of the office component. The new design will have no more than 200 condos and he already has contracts for 105 or a minimum of 52.5%. The hotel component is lined up. It's starting to look like he has a real shot to get financing and pull this thing off.

Tags
nashville