daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #601
DrT
"The Ignorant Fool"

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
Now comes the news that Giarratana already has an office tenant expressing interest in leasing space equivalent to 150 condos in the tower. That would be a minimum of 15 floors and a minimum of 60% of the office component. The new design will have no more than 200 condos and he already has contracts for 105 or a minimum of 52.5%. The hotel component is lined up. It's starting to look like he has a real shot to get financing and pull this thing off.
Hankster, you-da-man with the inside news!
I hope that the "interest" is very strong!
DrT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #602
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Damn the naysayers. It'll be sweet to see this baby get untracked.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #603
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Here's the article stating that there'a already interest in the office component of this tower. Check out the video on the site, too.

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?s=8366924

Here's the written article from wkrn.com:

"Financing forces plan change for Signature Tower"

A new study expected to be released later this week will reveal 400,000 new residents will move into Middle Tennessee; Davidson County, Montgomery, Robertson, Sumner, Wilson, Cheatham, Dickson, Williamson, Rutherford, Hickman, by 2020.

Despite that, longtime Nashville developer Tony Giarratana has been forced to change plans for his downtown condo complex, Signature Tower.

The proposed 70-story Signature Tower was initially designed to have 400 condo units. That number has now been reduced.

"Same building, same height, maybe slightly larger, just a reduced number of units, larger units at the top, fewer units in the middle, adding an office component," he told News 2 Wednesday night.

That office component will take up 25 floors, knocking out nearly half of the planned condos.

"We've been approached by a large company to lease a large block of office space that would eliminate approximately 150 condominium units," Giarratana continued.

That undisclosed company comes along at a good time for Giarratana, who is still looking for business partners in the project.

He said, "Market conditions do not permit us to finance 400 condominium units in Nashville, Tennessee."

The number of condos in the building has been dropped to 200 meaning the condos in the upper portion of the building will be larger.

The reduction is a direct reflection of economic times.

Giarratana said, "We are very comfortable with the market fluctuation, very comfort with our product but we are realists."

Ground has yet to be broken on the Signature Tower, to be built on the corner of Fifth Avenue and Church Street.

Giarratana said no one wants to start on the project sooner than he does but said it has to be a financeable building and right now, he is in it alone.
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #604
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

Interesting article. I hope they will solve financial problems asap and start construction.

Instead of condos, more office space will help them make more money. Nice plan.
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #605
necrophagist
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

when I first read about a tower in Nashville I assumed a bad joke! Good that's not the case, I hope the financial issues will be solved soon
necrophagist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #606
Assurbanipal

Likes (Received): 124

So still there is a hope...
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #607
vancouverite/to'er

Likes (Received): 24

Perhaps if Toronto joined the US it would get 7 supertalls?
vancouverite/to'er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #608
cheeps
BANNED

Likes (Received): 112

This project is now at "joke" status...
cheeps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #609
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
This project is now at "joke" status...
I wonder about your timing, cheeps, since the latest info we've gotten on the project seems somewhat promising. How long did it take Trump to get started in Chicago ?
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #610
cheeps
BANNED

My friend...Projects get proposed and approved in have the time it takes most cities. BTW, this have nothing to do with Chicago.
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #611
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeps View Post
My friend...Projects get proposed and approved in have the time it takes most cities. BTW, this have nothing to do with Chicago.
It has everything to do with Chicago. For some reason, this particular project has had Chicago forumers chattering for two years now.
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #612
autumnriver

Likes (Received): 19

Looks like this building in Shenzhen, China, with the top stretched:
International Finance Centre
autumnriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #613
cheeps
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
It has everything to do with Chicago. For some reason, this particular project has had Chicago forumers chattering for two years now.
I think many Chicagoans are rooting for this project to get under way. But IMO the developer is starting to feed the good folks of Nashville a nice line of BS. Please don't get me wrong...I love Nashville and want only the best for it's people but this project is starting to get somewhat long in the tooth.
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:00 AM   #614
fish

Likes (Received):

I hope this tower gets the approval it needs!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM   #615
phillybud

Likes (Received): 35

An interesting thread!

It's really interestings to read this thread from the beginning - April 30th, 2006 to today ... so much hope and optimism in the beginning! People posting "Groundbreaking on July 4th (2006)!" ... "yep! Groundbreaking on July 4th -- 50% of all units already sold!" etc etc ad nauseam.

Then July 4th came and went ... "Oh! Groundbreaking later in July!" ... followed by "well the people who own the parking lot have 'til the end of August to vacate and that's what's holding it up!" ... then we read by 'inside sources' that groundbreaking will quietly commence in December 2006 without any fanfare ...

Now there was not even a single post from June 26 until August 1st, 2008.

If I was one of those of those people who put a deposit on a condo in this building back in the spring of 2006 I would be royally pissed off!

I'm not saying this this project is dead or will never be built, although that is beginning to seem likely ... one thing I know for sure is that it wont be completed by 2010 and it will not be the tallest building outside Chicago and New York in the US. When built it will be the tallest in Tennessee.
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #616
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10271

Is Nashville competing with Charlotte for economic superstar in America because if so, then go Nashville!!!
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #617
3Ironhead3

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Is Nashville competing with Charlotte for economic superstar in America because if so, then go Nashville!!!
Nashville has the edge in the entertainment sector but Charlotte has a huge edge in the financial and business sectors.
3Ironhead3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #618
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ironhead3 View Post
Nashville has the edge in the entertainment sector but Charlotte has a huge edge in the financial and business sectors.
Charlotte, without a doubt, has a big edge in the financial sector. However, I'm not so sure about the business sector. Nashville for the last couple of years has rated the number one city in the nation for corporate relocations, and the Chamber of Commerce has reported that 43 more companies are currently considering relocation to Nashville.
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #619
backupcoolmen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

whats up with this
backupcoolmen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #620
g-man430

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by backupcoolmen View Post
whats up with this
There was an article not too long ago in the newspaper about it, but the article link is no longer valid.

Last edited by g-man430; September 24th, 2008 at 08:14 PM.
g-man430 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
nashville