daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #141
Hankster

Likes (Received): 12

Here's an update on this project. The Nashville Metro Council approved this project on it's 3rd and final reading yesterday. The groundbreaking has been postponed until July, 2007, but insiders close to the project say everything is fine, and give a strong likelihood of the project being built. Permits for the sales office are in the process of being applied. Final design drawings have been released, and final construction bids are due February 9th.

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2007, 01:45 AM   #142
centralcali19

Likes (Received): 9

Wow!! truly amazing, this is one of my favorite buildings...it will definetely change the Nashville Skyline. and hopefully 100 years from now, we will be lookin at this building as a classic American Iconic Hi-rise, like The Chrysler Building or the Empire State Building, the crown is the best crown ive ever seen.....good job Nashville!!
centralcali19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #143
krull
In Time

Likes (Received): 58

Awesome! I like Nashville skyline already and then add this tower! Great!
krull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 04:42 AM   #144
Superfish

Likes (Received): 2

This one of my fav buildings. So elegant yet modern as well. Much better the the usual glass boxes going up in many other places. I look forward to the first construction photos.

oh and it also qualifies as a supertall. >300m or 1000ft
Superfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #145
some_stupid_nut

Likes (Received): 3

I dont understand why they changed the podium, it doesnt match the building at all. Was it to match the surroundings more?
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #146
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

that design is wonderful, i love it
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #147
ariesjow

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_stupid_nut View Post
I dont understand why they changed the podium, it doesnt match the building at all. Was it to match the surroundings more?
Yes. It was to fit into area more. They also changed the garage building in the back to a more retro look to fit into the surrounding downtown area.
ariesjow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 01:06 AM   #148
Hankster

Here's some more information on the Signature Tower project as reported today in The Nashville Post.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/20...e_construction

Here's the artcle's script:

"Signature Tower has more hurdles before construction
Email | Print By Richard Lawson

01-18-2007 1:56 PM — Although rezoning has been approved for Signature Tower, which is having a much easier time than the Westin hotel project proposed for a few blocks away, developer Tony Giarratana still has some other hurdles to clear before construction can get underway on what would be the tallest building in the Southeast.

Financing, of course, is a crucial element in order for construction to begin. On Monday, Chicago-based Jones Lang LaSalle, the investment bank hired to raise the money, started its work by distributing a development-financing memorandum to financial institutions. Giarratana expects to close on the financing June 30 and break ground the following day.

The construction date originally was set for this spring. But as projects of this magnitude progress, construction dates can be moving targets.

Another key element is the number of reservations. The target is 60% of the 435 condominiums planned for the tower, or 261, before construction. So far, Giarratana has 140 reservations for a total value of $105 million. The sales office is under construction on the 11th floor of the Suntrust Bank Building downtown and it is scheduled to open March 1.

Last Friday, Giarratana received the architectural and engineering drawings necessary to establish a guaranteed maximum price. He expects to have with Turner Construction completed by the end of next month.

If all goes as planned now, construction is scheduled for completion on June 30, 2010."

There's lots of real important news in the article. First of all, I don't think that it had been reported that the sales office is already under contruction with an anticipated opening on March 1st. I can't wait to visit the Sales Office. It should be a blast. I really think that sales will be energized once the sales office opens. Which bring to mind, the second and most important (in my opinion) information revealed in Richard Lawson's article. That is that the goal is 60% of the units reserved, not 50% under contract as many had assumed earlier. I don't think they would report that as the goal if they didn't already have feedback from banks that meeting 60% reserved would qualify for the loan, and I know for a fact that Tony Giarratana has already had a number of meetings with various banks to secure a loan for the project. For me, this is extremely significant. I have little doubt that Tony can achieve that number of reservations before June 30th. As I said earlier, I believe sales will really begin cranking in March once the Sales office opens. I wouldn't be surprised if he get the other 120 reservations he needs in 4 to six weeks once the office opens.
Old January 19th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #149
TooFar
moonage daydream

Likes (Received): 377

What a great design! Let hope it gets built.
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #150
Rizzato
Blue Collar

Likes (Received): 49

WOooooooooooooooooooooOwwWWW
congrats Nashville
Rizzato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #151
SNT1

This is good for Nashville. I want this project to inspire others to make projects in ths city. This city is pretty wealthy IMO; its interstates and huge freeway interchanges resemble that of the California and Texas ginat cities. A great skyline would match that, and this tower is a great boost.
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #152
RSG

Likes (Received): 4

It looks like it will stick out a bit. Similar to Q1 on the Gold Coast, Australia. The overall design looks good. I am not a fan of crowns usually but this one looks good.
Old January 28th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #153
Middle-Island

Likes (Received): 3181

Haven't really warm up to the crown much. Kind of looks like a cheesy bank building in China.
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #154
spellbound
Contents Under Pressure

Likes (Received): 8927

I thought this building was a definite "go" but apparently it isn't.

Hope it hapens.
spellbound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #155
Seraphs

Likes (Received): 3

Magnificient! This is one awesome looking building. Way to go Nashville!!!
Seraphs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:34 AM   #156
james2390

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle-Island View Post
Haven't really warm up to the crown much. Kind of looks like a cheesy bank building in China.
Same here.

I do like it how street level, though.
james2390 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:40 AM   #157
chromebowler

Likes (Received): 26

Should be a classy addition to the US skyscape - jealous of you, Nashville!
chromebowler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:03 AM   #158
philvia

Likes (Received): 33

i don't think nashville really needs this building but oh well! woohoo for them and tennessee!
philvia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:38 PM   #159
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

I like it, though I would like it a lot more if the top floor was higher than 820ft. It looks nice though.
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:39 AM   #160
Hankster

Here's an update. The pictures below show the site for Signature Tower. The sales center opened up on Monday. Jones Lang LaSalle Bank has been lined up for financing. Construction is scheduled to start July 1, 2007.

Here's an article about the financing.

"Nashville-based Giarratana Development LLC selected Jones Lang LaSalle to arrange financing for the proposed Signature Tower. David Hendrickson, executive vice president, and Vladimir Hrkac, vice president, of Jones Lang LaSalle together will raise more than $300 million for the project through a combination of equity, mezzanine debt and a construction loan.

The total square footage of the building will be 1.4 million square feet and at 70 stories will be the third largest building in the U.S. The building will feature storefront retail, a 197-room Hotel Palomar and 390 luxury condominiums. Sales for the condominiums opened just this month.

Signature Tower will be at the intersection of Church Street and Fifth Avenue in Davidson County. The building’s address will be 505 Church St."

Tags
nashville