daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Leeds Metro Area

Leeds Metro Area Leeds, Bradford and West Yorkshire

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #121
Leeds No.1

Likes (Received): 693

Not very good street frontage there- it doesn't interact with the street at all. Doesn't matter too much on this road, but in the future if the city centre is expanding, we'll want to create vibrant streetscapes- ie not this.
Leeds No.1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 27th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #122
/dxb/

Likes (Received): 1

any developments on the mill at goodman street or the development on hammond st?
/dxb/ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #123
MattN

Likes (Received): 64

Nothing's happened on the sites, no.
MattN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #124
Leeds No.1

06/02364/FU/C

SDA Architects Ltd
Multi level development in 14 blocks up to 10 storeys comprising 625 residential units, hotel, and offices with ancillary retail, restaurants, bars, gallery space, public space and car parking

Former Hydro Works
Clarence Road
Hunslet
Leeds
LS10 1LN

Approved
26/10/09
City & Hunslet
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #125
LeedsLad

Likes (Received): 22

Where's that then?
LeedsLad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #126
lazygamer

Likes (Received): 247

somewhere between Clarence Dock and South Accommodation Road at a guess.
lazygamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #127
MattN

Likes (Received): 64

The old foundry right next to the Clarence Dock student halls.
MattN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #128
Leeds No.1

Some previous information from 2006:

Quote:
08-05-2006, 10:58:36
Has anyone noticed this application for yet another large development on the east side - albeit on the south side of the river :-

pplication 06/02364/FU
Received on 12/04/2006
Description
multi level development in 8 blocks up to 10 storeys comprising 570 flats, 141 live/work units, hotel with 166 bedrooms, offices, cafe/ bars,restaurant and car parking.
Former Hydro Works Clarence Road Hunslet Leeds LS10 1LN
Quote:
Woah!

This is a very large site which I thought was going to be the original Arena site back in the day.
Quote:
Fred, I think I mentioned this a week or two ago but I forget which thread I posted it in. This is a joint venture between the City Council and Hydro Aluminium on a site either side of Clarence Road and running down to the river. You can read more about it on the city council's website since a report on the proposal's went to last week's City Centre Plans Panel.
Quote:
yup, posted it on the Clarence Dock thread, but you're right it sits more appropriately on this one. Seems huge - hotel as well etc, and I like the presence of the 'live/work' unit phenomena something which I don't think has been as big in Leeds as it could have been to date. Again, you're right, south side of river, directly behind the student flats, which in turn is behind Clarence Dock. Am astounded at the level of development down the East Street corridor. More good stuff.
Interesting to see that this project has come back even larger, despite the fact we're in a recession (even if the end is perhaps near).
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #129
aviator

Likes (Received): 164

This application had passed me by but it's obviously been around for long enough for the developers to need to get an extension on the approval:

Quote:
Reference
10/01061/EXT/C

Applicant
Brabco (2006) Ltd

Description
Extension of Time Period for planning application 20/21/04/FU for multi level development of mixed use comprising 185 flats commercial units and car parking

Ellerby Road, Richmond Street, Bow Street and East Street
You can see the documents associated with the application (including drawings of the Carey Jones designs) here. I suppose it's not surprising the developers would go with CJ; their offices are just across the road from this site.
aviator está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #130
tigerman

Likes (Received): 436

I was going to bump this thread myself with new pics of East Street Mills which is coincidently next to that proposal. The old refurbished part of East Street Mills is still completely empty but I am not sure what is going in the new part.

Now in the new part there are blinds, open windows and you can see some furniture - whether this means its occupied or being used for some other purpose I dont know.
tigerman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 07:19 PM   #131
tigerman

Likes (Received): 436

Some pics of the East Street riverside - some really nice stuff here. Lets hope someone can do something similar with Hunslet Mills etc

tigerman no está en línea   Reply With Quote