daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #401
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 4,183
Likes (Received): 189

well i love alor star too...it's look like the new goverment is as good as the last one....asik tukar signboard aje.
__________________

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #402
emjay
Dah lama dah
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alor Setar
Posts: 397
Likes (Received): 39

Alor Setar, Well at last this small capital state got back its real name!

Last time when the previuos govt change the state capital name was due merely on catching small petty2 projects such as signage and other petty2 things (I wonder why r those politicians so narrowly minded when they only think petty2 things rather than thinking bigger projects that will benefit themselves and the locals???)

But now I dunno whether the same motifs behind this?!!

Anyways Alor Setar will always be a quiet city in Malaysia and dubbed as a "Bandar Pencen" with lazy and non rushing activities all around
emjay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #403
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 4,183
Likes (Received): 189

^ because most our politician had a low level of intelligence that is why they can only think of petty project, except for KJ. but to bad UMNO members hate him
__________________

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday

Last edited by daeng_jal; January 18th, 2009 at 07:52 AM.
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #404
khosim
-Malaysia Tanah Airku-
 
khosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 421
Likes (Received): 14

Alor Star or Alor Setar will remain Bandar Pencen..with lack of development, amusement, entertainment and so on. Maybe PAS-state government should learn from its Kelantan counterpart how to woo developers to the city. Even Kota Bharu is much much developed under currnt PAS government..One thing I like about Alor Setar is its humbleness with the city status. It must be due to inadequate land as Alor Setar(now I have to use its old spelling again) is surrounded by a lush green paddy field to fill stomach of the whole nation.(Please noted that MADA-owned land cannot be transformed into any form of development as to maintain its status as the rice bowl of Malaysia). We should be thankful Alor Setar people for this. Long live Alor Setar
khosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #405
bashrieHKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alor Setar, Damansara,Petaling Jaya
Posts: 64
Likes (Received): 6


Are u sure that KB is more develop than alor setar? i dont think so. when there last year. nothing there as what u said "development".
bashrieHKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:36 AM   #406
khosim
-Malaysia Tanah Airku-
 
khosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 421
Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashrieHKC View Post

Are u sure that KB is more develop than alor setar? i dont think so. when there last year. nothing there as what u said "development".
bro, may i ask you something? when was the last time you went to KB?please kindly update your info at attached thread. you must be Alor Setarian that so proud of your city..i admit that. Or maybe you want me to compare Alor Setar with other small city which are also state capital?Kuantan?Kuala Terengganu?Ipoh?Kuching?KK?Seremban?I traveled a lot..4-5 times a year to all these state capitals as my job need me to do so. And i also used to stay in Alor Setar in 98-99. Every time i visit Alor Setar, of course i can see differences here and there. But not as much and as rapid as other cities..lack of night activities, hanging spots, parks, beautiful landscape, and many more. Or maybe you would like set the city status by judging to your Tesco Mergong, Giant Al-Bukhary, City Plaza, Star Parade,or coming Tecso Tandop..A city is not just about its shopping complexes..There's lots of criteria that it has to meet before it can get the status. I do hope that your new city mayor will bring about changes to Alor Setar (co-work with PAS-state government)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...252167&page=11

Last edited by khosim; January 21st, 2009 at 02:33 AM.
khosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:37 AM   #407
Zulhelmi
Registered User
 
Zulhelmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alor Setar Metropolitan Area
Posts: 1,978
Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by khosim View Post
bro, may i ask you something? when was the last time you went to KB?please kindly update your info at attached thread. you must be Alor Setarian that so proud of your city..i admit that. Or maybe you want me to compare Alor Setar with other small city which are also state capital?Kuantan?Kuala Terengganu?Ipoh?Kuching?KK?Seremban?I traveled a lot..4-5 times a year to all these state capitals as my job need me to do so. And i also used to stay in Alor Setar in 98-99. Every time i visit Alor Setar, of course i can see differences here and there. But not as much and as rapid as other cities..lack of night activities, hanging spots, parks, beautiful landscape, and many more. Or maybe you would like set the city status by judging to your Tesco Mergong, Giant Al-Bukhary, City Plaza, Star Parade,or coming Tecso Tandop..A city is not just about its shopping complexes..There's lots of criteria that it has to meet before it can get the status. I do hope that your new city mayor will bring about changes to Alor Setar (co-work with PAS-state government)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...252167&page=11
Agree. City development should not based on shopping complexes. I do think that KB is bigger than Alor Setar but it's not that great, in terms of cleanliness and infrastructure. Alor Setar is way cleaner than KB. I've stayed in KB for 5 months in 2007. Been on their public transport at all times. Although KB is more advanced in terms of tourism promotion and aviation (duh, the Asia Pacific Flight Training Centre at KBR). I mean look at the flights that go into KB, 5X daily for AirAsia, 4X daily for MAS, and 3-5 flights daily I think for Firefly to Subang and Penang. While Alor Setar has merely 2X daily for AirAsia and 3-4X daily for MAS, all go to KL only.

But that could change in a few years, with the new mayor and the eagerness of the new state government to develop Kedah as the Dutch of Malaysia. And also, you guys should take part in our 12 hour Kedah Heritage Trail tour in Alor Setar, lots to see, lots to learn!
__________________
ALOR SETAR metro area
• Peace • Vibrant • Traditional • Beautiful • Fresh • Delicious • Friendly •
Zulhelmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:45 AM   #408
khosim
-Malaysia Tanah Airku-
 
khosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 421
Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulhelmi View Post
Agree. City development should not based on shopping complexes. I do think that KB is bigger than Alor Setar but it's not that great, in terms of cleanliness and infrastructure. Alor Setar is way cleaner than KB. I've stayed in KB for 5 months in 2007. Been on their public transport at all times. Although KB is more advanced in terms of tourism promotion and aviation (duh, the Asia Pacific Flight Training Centre at KBR). I mean look at the flights that go into KB, 5X daily for AirAsia, 4X daily for MAS, and 3-5 flights daily I think for Firefly to Subang and Penang. While Alor Setar has merely 2X daily for AirAsia and 3-4X daily for MAS, all go to KL only.

But that could change in a few years, with the new mayor and the eagerness of the new state government to develop Kedah as the Dutch of Malaysia. And also, you guys should take part in our 12 hour Kedah Heritage Trail tour in Alor Setar, lots to see, lots to learn!
Zulhelmi, i totally agree with you. Kedah Heritage Trail tour?great!where can i find more about this event?
khosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:10 AM   #409
Zulhelmi
Registered User
 
Zulhelmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alor Setar Metropolitan Area
Posts: 1,978
Likes (Received): 44

I saw the poster on a local shop here though am not sure about where you can arrange that. Try visit www.visitkedah.com.my

It was on TV too, part of Tourism Malaysia's ZOOM Promotion.
__________________
ALOR SETAR metro area
• Peace • Vibrant • Traditional • Beautiful • Fresh • Delicious • Friendly •
Zulhelmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM   #410
emjay
Dah lama dah
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alor Setar
Posts: 397
Likes (Received): 39

The fact is Alor Setar is the second last largest Malaysia's capital city after Kangar with population around 220K while Kota Bharu's population is around 270K. 50K population can make a lot of differences in any township in term of business and other activities. Alor setar is one of capital city in Malaysia (another is Shah Alam)loses out its population number to another town in the state which is Sungai Petani that has around 250K.

Another fact is Alor Setar is just an administrative capital city with less tourist attraction as compared to kota Bharu and even Kuala Terengganu respectively.

Kedah has two airports which are Kepala Batas and Langkawi. Can all of you imagine if both airports being placed as one airport serving Kedahan, It could be at least 30 scheduled incoming flight daily and few chartered flights from overseas. Then the airport maybe as big as Penang airport then.

The other fact is most of south Kedahan especially those in sungai Petani, kulim, bandar baharu and baling have never been to Alor setar or less travelling to Alor Setar as compared to Penang. This is because the development centres in Kedah are well distributed compared to the state of Kelantan, Terengganu and even Pahang.

Anyways I do admit the pace of development in Alor Setar is slow compared to Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu and Kuantan as mentioned by Mr.Khosim. But it doesn't mean Alor Setarian is a bunch of 'uncivilized' population when its development is less than those big cities.
emjay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:26 AM   #411
Zulhelmi
Registered User
 
Zulhelmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alor Setar Metropolitan Area
Posts: 1,978
Likes (Received): 44

Agree to that too. Development in Kedah are well distributed. Urban areas are everywhere, like Alor Setar, Sungai Petani, Jitra, Kulim and Kuah. These are the major towns and cities. I hope that someday Alor Setar and Jitra will merge as one big city, they are too close not to go together.

Anyway, some updates:
-there's a rumor that our new railway station in Anak Bukit is in construction. I do saw some constructions going on when looking towards the airport from my house. FYI, according to MBAS's city planning dept, the railway station will connect the airport to the city centre that will be serve by this so called Star Sentral (the old railway station in the city)
-double tracking project by Gamuda is doing pretty well. We can see workers doing their thing with the current track.
-Administration complex in Anak Bukit is currently receiving its tenants. So far, LHDN has moved in from Menara Zakat and other government offices and department. So expect Alor Setar CBD to be filled with less cars in a few months time.
-Putra Medical Centre has completed its extension. 8-9 storey high but bad design. It's just another plain box.
-A campus is taking shape, part of the Al-Bukhary Complex.
-Wisma Perkeso, a 7-storey building has officially opened its doors.
-The park around Medan Bandar is really close to finish. They are doing some touch-ups at the Alor Setar City Memorial (in front OCBC Bank) since it is part of the 12-hour long Kedah Heritage Trail tour.
-Jalan Pegawai is expected to receive more new tenants as the Phase 2 of Persiaran Sultan Abdul Hamid is nearing its completion.
-Alor Setar is currently under on this beautification program, launched by the new mayor. So far, I've seen more lights at night and people are really coming out at night.

That's all for updates in Alor Setar CBD and North. There are other projects in South area but am not too sure about that. And you guys have to see the skyline from Ampang Jajar. It is a city!
__________________
ALOR SETAR metro area
• Peace • Vibrant • Traditional • Beautiful • Fresh • Delicious • Friendly •
Zulhelmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM   #412
bashrieHKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alor Setar, Damansara,Petaling Jaya
Posts: 64
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khosim View Post
bro, may i ask you something? when was the last time you went to KB?please kindly update your info at attached thread. you must be Alor Setarian that so proud of your city..i admit that. Or maybe you want me to compare Alor Setar with other small city which are also state capital?Kuantan?Kuala Terengganu?Ipoh?Kuching?KK?Seremban?I traveled a lot..4-5 times a year to all these state capitals as my job need me to do so. And i also used to stay in Alor Setar in 98-99. Every time i visit Alor Setar, of course i can see differences here and there. But not as much and as rapid as other cities..lack of night activities, hanging spots, parks, beautiful landscape, and many more. Or maybe you would like set the city status by judging to your Tesco Mergong, Giant Al-Bukhary, City Plaza, Star Parade,or coming Tecso Tandop..A city is not just about its shopping complexes..There's lots of criteria that it has to meet before it can get the status. I do hope that your new city mayor will bring about changes to Alor Setar (co-work with PAS-state government)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...252167&page=11

dear khosim, ya m a alorsetarian that proud of my own city. although am working in KL now...biggest n busiest city in Malaysia...but i can see the development happening in my own city each time i went back to my hometown....nahhh it dont compare the city for her shopping malls...for me its just nothing..too small compare to KL here.LOL.. what i meant was, the spread of her development..covered all around alor setar..compare to KB..u can just see the development only around the admin center and if u move a bit further hurmm..i think u understand what i mean.. ok cheers..
bashrieHKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM   #413
bashrieHKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alor Setar, Damansara,Petaling Jaya
Posts: 64
Likes (Received): 6

ALOR SETAR, 7 Januari - Kerajaan Kedah telah mengenalpasti 21 tempat bersejarah di sektar Bandaraya Alor Setar yang telah dinamakan Kedah Heritage Trail sebagai satu produk pelancongan.


Oleh: SITI ZALEHA ABDUL RAHIM

ALOR SETAR, 7 Januari - Kerajaan Kedah telah mengenalpasti 21 tempat bersejarah di sektar Bandaraya Alor Setar yang telah dinamakan Kedah Heritage Trail sebagai satu produk pelancongan.



Sehubungan dengan itu, YAB Dato' Seri Ustaz Azizan Abdul Razak telah merasmikan Kedah Heritage Trail pada majlis pelancarannya yang diadakan di Wisma Darul Aman semalam.



Pada majlis pelancaran tersebut, YAB Dato' Seri Ustaz Azizan menyatakan bahawa pelancongan mampu menjana ekonomi negeri serta rakyatnya, di mana melalui pelancongan, sektor pelaburan dapat diperkembangkan serta memberi banyak peluang pekerjaan kepada penduduk setempat.



"Bidang pelancongan dilihat sebagai bidang yang dapat beri sumbangan kepada ekonomi secara langsung kepada rakyat negeri Kedah.



"Bila ramai pelancong datang, sudah tentu mereka sedang berbelanja di tempat kita, secara tidak langsung dari segi kemudahan pengangkutan, penginapan, kedai makan turut mendapat hasil," ujar beliau.



Tambah beliau, Kedah berpotensi menjadi daya tarikan pelancongan yang tersohor dengan kerjasama dan daripada semua pihak.



"Sebagai permulaan, Bandaraya Alor Setar jadi perintis kepada produk pelancongan warisan, saya berharap daerah lain dapat menonjol keunikan dan tempat warisan di tempat masing-masing kepada para pelancong," tegas beliau.



YAB Dato' Seri Ustaz Azizan turut mencadangkan agar pihak yang berkenaan memperkenalkan satu simbol mengenai Kedah yang dapat dikenang kepada para pelancong.



"Saya mencadangkan agar pembangunan dan promosi kraftangan diberi penekanan agar dapat menjana ekonomi penduduk setempat.



"Selain itu, kita boleh buat satu destinasi tarikan pelancong, restoran makanan Kedah yang membolehkan orang mai makan di negeri Kedah dan menjadi ingat-ingatan seperti kita pi Kelantan, orang teringat nak makan nasi dagang," tambah beliau.



Dalam majlis tersebut, para hadirin turut dipertonton dengan tayangan video mengenai 21 tempat yang diiktiraf sebagai Kedah Heritage Trail. Tayangan video tersebut telah direka khas oleh Fakulti Kreatif Multimedia daripada Kolej Universiti Insaniah.
bashrieHKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM   #414
nybyster
Hijau Kuning Tanah Airku
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 724
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulhelmi View Post
Agree to that too. Development in Kedah are well distributed. Urban areas are everywhere, like Alor Setar, Sungai Petani, Jitra, Kulim and Kuah. These are the major towns and cities. I hope that someday Alor Setar and Jitra will merge as one big city, they are too close not to go together.

Anyway, some updates:
-there's a rumor that our new railway station in Anak Bukit is in construction. I do saw some constructions going on when looking towards the airport from my house. FYI, according to MBAS's city planning dept, the railway station will connect the airport to the city centre that will be serve by this so called Star Sentral (the old railway station in the city)
-double tracking project by Gamuda is doing pretty well. We can see workers doing their thing with the current track.
-Administration complex in Anak Bukit is currently receiving its tenants. So far, LHDN has moved in from Menara Zakat and other government offices and department. So expect Alor Setar CBD to be filled with less cars in a few months time.
-Putra Medical Centre has completed its extension. 8-9 storey high but bad design. It's just another plain box.
-A campus is taking shape, part of the Al-Bukhary Complex.
-Wisma Perkeso, a 7-storey building has officially opened its doors.
-The park around Medan Bandar is really close to finish. They are doing some touch-ups at the Alor Setar City Memorial (in front OCBC Bank) since it is part of the 12-hour long Kedah Heritage Trail tour.
-Jalan Pegawai is expected to receive more new tenants as the Phase 2 of Persiaran Sultan Abdul Hamid is nearing its completion.
-Alor Setar is currently under on this beautification program, launched by the new mayor. So far, I've seen more lights at night and people are really coming out at night.

That's all for updates in Alor Setar CBD and North. There are other projects in South area but am not too sure about that. And you guys have to see the skyline from Ampang Jajar. It is a city!
Hope that U can snap a picture or 2 from Ampang Jajar n post them here...really miss Alor Setar rite now....
nybyster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:58 AM   #415
khosim
-Malaysia Tanah Airku-
 
khosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 421
Likes (Received): 14

Long live Alor Setar!!planning to spend dis CNY in Alor Setar..here i come:
khosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:40 AM   #416
alsen
Celebrity Fitness
 
alsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Shah Alam
Posts: 1,593
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashrieHKC View Post

dear khosim, ya m a alorsetarian that proud of my own city. although am working in KL now...biggest n busiest city in Malaysia...but i can see the development happening in my own city each time i went back to my hometown....nahhh it dont compare the city for her shopping malls...for me its just nothing..too small compare to KL here.LOL.. what i meant was, the spread of her development..covered all around alor setar..compare to KB..u can just see the development only around the admin center and if u move a bit further hurmm..i think u understand what i mean.. ok cheers..
well said there.of course we cannot make a comparison between A city and B city judging from the mall but what consumer spending and purchasing parity? more mall means the developers have confidence in city growth and future,to invest here.having said that, i'm not saying AS better than KB but AS is doing good on its own way.cannot compare with KL la of coz. but AS also has its own charm.
__________________
KERANAMU MALAYSIA

Well done is better than well said... Benjamin franklin
alsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #417
Zulhelmi
Registered User
 
Zulhelmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alor Setar Metropolitan Area
Posts: 1,978
Likes (Received): 44

Pokok Sena a district on its own

ALOR STAR: Pokok Sena has now been elevated to full district status, making it the 12th district in Kedah.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azizan said a new township, to be called Bandar Baru Tunku Puteri, would soon be developed in the district, located about 20km from the state capital.

"From today, Pokok Sena is no longer a sub-district of Kota Star district.

"It is now a full-fledged district with its own set of councillors," he said at a ceremony, graced by Sultan of Kedah Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah, to announce the elevation of Pokok Sena here yesterday.

Azizan said the district's residents and business community could look forward to better economic activities once the Alor Star-Durian Burung expressway, located in the nearby Padang Terap district is ready in a few years.
Sultan Abdul Halim, who was accompanied by Sultanah Hamimah Hamidun, also opened the new district office building.

He planted a angsana tree during the ceremony to mark the occasion.
__________________
ALOR SETAR metro area
• Peace • Vibrant • Traditional • Beautiful • Fresh • Delicious • Friendly •
Zulhelmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #418
khosim
-Malaysia Tanah Airku-
 
khosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 421
Likes (Received): 14

so now Pokok Sena is administered by Majlis Daerah Pokok Sena??or whatever the name is..it used to be under MBAS before rite??so it means that Alor Setar territory will become smaller??one more thing, what's the purpose of having another district??A bigger states like Johor and Pahang only have 10 districts

Last edited by khosim; February 7th, 2009 at 02:12 AM.
khosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #419
khosim
-Malaysia Tanah Airku-
 
khosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 421
Likes (Received): 14

im answering my own question

POKOK SENA - Encik Zahari Ismail adalah Pegawai Daerah kedua bagi Daerah
Kecil Pokok Sena tetapi selepas ini beliau adalah Pegawai Daerah Pokok Sena
yang pertama apabila daerah ini diisytiharkan sebagai daerah penuh. Sebelum
ini Tuan Haji Zauki Musa yang sekarang bertugas di Daerah Bandar Baharu.
Encik Zahari menggantikan beliau bermula pada 15 Mei 2008.

Menurut Encik Zahari, sebelum ini Pokok Sena dikategorikan sebagai daerah
kecil seperti Air Itam dan Merbok. Pada 5 Februari 2009 nanti Daerah Pokok
Sena bakal mencatat sejarah apabila diisytiharkan sebagai daerah ke 12 di
Kedah oleh KDYMM Tuanku Sultan Kedah.

Apabila menjadi sebuah daerah penuh semua urusan penduduk melalui Pejabat
Daerah tidak lagi perlu datang ke Alor Star. Pejabat Daerah di sini memberi
perkhidmatan berkaitan pembangunan luar bandar (projek-projek kecil),
bencana alam dan kesihatan, cukai setem dan pelesenan (cukai hiburan).

Katanya peristiharan ini memang dinanti-nantikan. Ini kerana keluasan dan
jumlah penduduk sudah layak untuk mempunyai daerah sendiri. Oleh itu pada
26 November 2006 Jemaah Menteri telah bersetuju daerah ini dinaik taraf
daripada daerah kecil kepada daerah penuh.

"Pembangunan sedang pesat berjalan dalam semua bidang. Dari segi tempat
rekreasi untuk pelancongan katanya, telah dikenal pasti sebuah tempat yang
terdapat lata. Kawasan ini masih kosong akan dibangun sebagai tempat
pelancongan. Tetapi masih di dalam perancangan mungkin akan dimasukkan ke
dalam program Rancangan Malaysia Ke-10.

"Selain itu, kita juga bercadang mewujudkan kawasan 'bandar baru' yang
menempatkan pejabat-pejabat kerajaan. Kawasan yang cantik seluas 400 hektar
yang terletak di Jalan Pokok Sena ke Gajah Mati. Di sini juga letaknya
Penjara Pokok Sena. Ini juga masih di dalam perancangan," ujarnya.

Tambahnya lagi, dari segi pembangunan Pokok Sena ada potensi besar untuk
berkembang. Kawasan di Mukim Jabi telah menjadi milik bebas yang memberi
kemudahan kepada pelabur. Ini ditambah dengan kemudahan jalan raya Alor Star
ke Durian Burung merentasi daerah ini.

"Sebelum Pejabat Daerah beroperasi Pejabat Tanah Daerah memulakan
perkhidmatan untuk orang ramai berurusan di sini.[B][B] Begitu pun perkhidmatan
Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan masih di Bandaraya Alor Star, walaupun daerah ini
mempunyai lebih 7000 pegangan yang layak membayar cukai
," ujarnya.

Sebagai Pegawai Daerah Encik Zahari menaruh harapan yang Pokok Sena akan
membangun sama seperti daerah-daerah lain dalam semua aspek.
khosim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #420
Zulhelmi
Registered User
 
Zulhelmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alor Setar Metropolitan Area
Posts: 1,978
Likes (Received): 44

RM120 Mil Facelift For Abandoned Plaza Tunku Yaacob
ALOR SETAR, Feb 11 (Bernama) -- Plaza Tunku Yaacob, abandoned for 28 years, is to be refurbished for RM120 million, Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azizan Abdul Razak announced today.

The rehabilitation includes land acquisition and paying compensation to the Kedah Royal family, he said.

He said the building would be jointly redeveloped by three parties -- a property developer, Beyview Sdn Bhd, Bina Darulaman Berhad and Kedah State Development Corporation.

A technical committee was currently negotiating ways to inject money for the project and compensating Tunku Yaacob's family," he told reporters after chairing the weekly state executive council meeting.

Plaza Tunku Yaacob, located at the city centre, opposite Menara Alor Setar, has high commercial value. It was planned to be a commercial hub when it was built in 1981.

The project remained abandoned despite changing hands to several developers.

Earlier, Azizan handed a cheque for RM30,000 raised by government departments and agencies for the Gaza Humanitarian Fund to State Secretary

Datuk Wira Syed Unan Mashri Syed Abdullah who then passed the cheque to the New Straits Times representative Adib Powera.

-- BERNAMA

I've been waiting for this since ages! Just hope this is not another false news... The complex makes everything hideous around Menara Alor Setar area.
__________________
ALOR SETAR metro area
• Peace • Vibrant • Traditional • Beautiful • Fresh • Delicious • Friendly •
Zulhelmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu