daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #221
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Wow, some of the comments here scare me. Doesn't anyone understand the concept of property? The guy OWNS that building, and regardless of the state ownership of the land in actuality the government owns nothing. You can't (i.e is evil) to force someone out of their property for the sake of "development." Thankfully this case came to a happy ending.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #222
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Likes (Received): 153

The article I posted was quoted from a Taiwan Website with some anti-mainland sentiment, so some facts are not true or exaggerated, judge yourself guys!!

Here is the link to there website.

http://zonaeuropa.com/20071004_1.htm
williamhou2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #223
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
the last pics were from 4th october?
so when will they start to tear down the 6-storey building?

it's awful to read how some people treat Mr. Cai Zhuxiang.
no wonder all my HK-friends advice me: "don't to Shenzhen alone, it's dangerous"
esp. when u are a gweilo (foreigner) ...

Well, I have been living there for nearly 20 years and from my experience it is not "dangerous" unless you are at the wrong place at the wrong time, i.e. the part of Luohu district bordering Hongkong, where I heard there are lots of illegal activities going on at night, and I heard them from Hongkong media and Hongkong friends, which I have never witnessed.

A shame that most foreign visitors and many ppl from HK only go to the bordering area
Old October 13th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #224
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5227

I saw it on the news..

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #225
velut arbor aevo

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhou2005 View Post
The article I posted was quoted from a Taiwan Website with some anti-mainland sentiment, so some facts are not true or exaggerated, judge yourself guys!!

Here is the link to there website.

http://zonaeuropa.com/20071004_1.htm
Well, the link says that the site is 63 football fields big?! Are they going to build just one building on this site? It seems a bit too much for just one building, and from the pic, this place doesn't seem to be that big.
velut arbor aevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 04:26 AM   #226
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Quote:
Originally Posted by velut arbor aevo View Post
Well, the link says that the site is 63 football fields big?! Are they going to build just one building on this site? It seems a bit too much for just one building, and from the pic, this place doesn't seem to be that big.

Medias like to exaggerated things and make bigger news...
Old October 14th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #227
SanMiguel
In Love with HK & BKK

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Well, I have been living there for nearly 20 years and from my experience it is not "dangerous" unless you are at the wrong place at the wrong time, i.e. the part of Luohu district bordering Hongkong, where I heard there are lots of illegal activities going on at night, and I heard them from Hongkong media and Hongkong friends, which I have never witnessed.

A shame that most foreign visitors and many ppl from HK only go to the bordering area
well, i just know that near the HK border are some very annoying guys trying to sell you CDs, watches and so on...
if they ask u something and u say "no", then u lost , because they will ask u the next thing...
later, my experience was: simply ignoring them is the best method

in 2004 i stayed in SZ for 1 night near the Shun Hing Square, and at that time i feeled save,
tought my HK-ex was with me, and she speak fluent mandarin.

SanMiguel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 06:34 AM   #228
velut arbor aevo

from the news, it seems as though those thieves have a knack at stealing cellphones and other small electronic devices.

And as for the Shun Hing Building, I have been inside there before and went up to its observation floor, I wouldn't say that its interior design is the best, not even in Shenzhen. Surely hope that Kingkey will design a better interior.
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #229
YohIMhER

Likes (Received): 2

i fail to see what's so kinky about this tower.
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #230
williamhou

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by velut arbor aevo View Post
from the news, it seems as though those thieves have a knack at stealing cellphones and other small electronic devices.

And as for the Shun Hing Building, I have been inside there before and went up to its observation floor, I wouldn't say that its interior design is the best, not even in Shenzhen. Surely hope that Kingkey will design a better interior.

Shunhing Square is too old and out of date. Few ppl go there unless they work there
williamhou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #231
williamhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
well, i just know that near the HK border are some very annoying guys trying to sell you CDs, watches and so on...
if they ask u something and u say "no", then u lost , because they will ask u the next thing...
later, my experience was: simply ignoring them is the best method

in 2004 i stayed in SZ for 1 night near the Shun Hing Square, and at that time i feeled save,
tought my HK-ex was with me, and she speak fluent mandarin.

Yeah, visitors are their target. Every time I pass the border area with luggages there are ppl trying to sell me stuff or offering me a ride, etc. Simply ignore them.

PS: Shunhing square area is pretty close to the border area as well. That area is alright, with Mixc, one of the most profitable and successful shopping malls in China. It gets messy if you head south to the border area tho.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:15 AM   #232
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

The tower was designed by Terry Farrell and Partners in late 2006. Following the end of "China's incredible holdout story" this past week, the developer announced construction was re-scheduled to commence in October 2007 and completion is now set for April 2010.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:16 AM   #233
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

The project has started construction last week, please change the title to U/C !!!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:37 AM   #234
ssfan
空中之城

Likes (Received): 17

We need pictures!!
ssfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:04 AM   #235
choyak

Likes (Received): 19

How can that be 'greed' how many of you own a 6 story house? I tell you if I had a 6 story house where I live it would go for over 5 million us$ at least. The person had to completely give up his house and got compensated. There is something that the USA supreme court has to learn from this remember the Kelo vs. new london the people were basically booted out and compensation was insufficient. I am happy for the guy, at least it is all not bad. The extortion crap is ridiculous though. This guy should move to somewhere else like Dandong to be far away and just buy another house like 6 story house or 7 story house.

As for '63 football fields' is it USA football (egg game) or English football (Soccer) the 'Soccer' field is much larger.
choyak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:04 PM   #236
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6560

Quote:
The project has started construction last week, please change the title to U/C !!!
Wonderful
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 01:57 AM   #237
velut arbor aevo

finally, it is under construction. So what is its final design and height? And is all the land clearance just for this one building, seems to me they cleared a huge piece of land for it.
btw, is Lvjing building located close to it? And what is that building's status now?
Old October 25th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #238
bonivison

Likes (Received): 49

who can change the title APP to UC
bonivison no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #239
williamhou

[table=90%][tr][td]td][/tr][tr][td]2007-10-23[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td][table=98%][tr][td][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Old October 25th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #240
williamhou

that is 23rd/Oct/07.

Tags
shenzhen