daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Old November 28th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #61
eli

Likes (Received): 0

this is not the basketball Arena.
It is a Lamela proposal of a new stadium (100.000 seats) in La Ciudad del RealMadrid. antigr12 talk about this in the 25th post.
Another views:

RonJon found this link where you can read more things about this:
Nuevo estadio

Last edited by eli; August 19th, 2006 at 02:57 AM.
eli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 28th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #62
stadiumfuture
stadiumfuture

Likes (Received): 2

What about the extension of camp nou
stadiumfuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 03:40 AM   #63
eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadiumfuture
What about the extension of camp nou
Is it a joke?
I never heard it and I think it has no sense because they "never" (once or twice) fill their 98.000 seats stadium. At this moment they are "the best team on the earth", according to the spanish press, and "have the best player in the world" but last weekend there are only 50.000 people in the stadium. It's a bit sad to see this bigs stadiums half empty. Delle Alpi is going to be reduced and it is not shameful, it is normal/logical
Old November 29th, 2005, 04:44 AM   #64
antigr12
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

the extension work is being made by ricardo bofill ( no news since the info in april )
antigr12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #65
eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigr12
the extension work is being made by ricardo bofill ( no news since the info in april )
Is this stadium in construction nowadays? I din't know anything
Of what does Bofill's extension consist? I don't like Bofill at all but maybe in sports facilities...
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:30 PM   #66
antigr12
BANNED

115000 seats , improvements inside the structure etc... usual stuff for a big renovation , but no construction yet if this project has not been scrapped . The info dates from april and no further news so we don't know ; bofill admitted that the work was not a problem because the camp nou was an old construction .
antigr12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #67
eievar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB
Kind of misses the point.

It's well known that a few years ago (before Real Madrid started splashing out tens of millions on the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo etc, if I remember correctly) Real Madrid had huge debts. Then the Madrid City council saved Real by paying a huge sum to buy their training ground. It was a big scandal because everyone knew that the council had paid far, far too much for the land. In effect, they were bankrolling a football club with the public's money.
you should be more informed before talk about anything... the old Real Madrid's "ciudad deportiva", was not bought by the city council, they simply allowed the sale to private companies with a new use for the land (not only that, but the council itself earned money with the operation). and if you know something about Madrid, you must know that this land is in the natural extension of the financial zone of the city, so it's completely logical to change the "sport use" to a "financial use"
eievar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #68
eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqattaq
All of that and they still are a terrible underachieving club
All of that and more, you'll see.
I think "terrible underachieving" it's a hard description of Real Madrid, there are good times and bad times, it always happen. This year can be a good year.

+Ajax; 4 Champion' League
+Nottinghan Forest: 2 Champion' League
+Benfica: 2 Champion' League
+Oporto: 2 Champion' League
+Celtic Glasgow: 1 Champion' League
+Feyenoord: 1 Champion' League
+Hamburg: 1 Champion' League
+Steaua Bucarest: 1 Champion' League
+PSV: 1 Champion' League
+Red Star: 1 Champion' League
+Olympic Marsella: 1 Champion' League
+Borussia Dortmund: 1 Champion' League
+Aston Villa: 1 Champion' League
+Arsenal: .... I don't think Arsenal is an underachieving club; and next year you are going to have a great new stadium and many other things as bars, restaurants, a museum, a comercial zone, a hotel, sports centres, health clubs, a residential development, office buildings,.... a 54 acres complex, the biggest development since Canary Wharf. You must be proud as we are.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 02:44 AM   #69
Crocodine
BANNED

You've forgotten F.C. Barcelona as one time Champions League cup winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqattaq
All of that and they still are a terrible underachieving club

How ignorant (i'd like to say "stupid", but that would brig me) some people can be.
Crocodine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:39 AM   #70
eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodine
You've forgotten F.C. Barcelona as one time Champions League cup winners.
and Milan (6), Liverpool (5), Bayern Munich (4), Manchester United (2), Juve (2), Inter (2).....life is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess
Am I the only one who think the stadium actually looked more modern in its WC 82 form?
¿more modern?

+If you are talking about Modern Architecture; you know, International Style, the Masters of Racionalism, 1st half of the XX century,... maybe you are right. For me the 82WorldChampionship form is very elegant.
You must know that the 90's form is the result of a very particular situation: Real Madrid needed more seats but they don't have more square meters, and they don't had money and need a cheap solution re-using the cover.
Maybe is not the more nice solution but I think it is a very intelligent solution that makes it very attractive; and I love the concrete treatment and the effects of lights and shades that it provokes.

+But if you talk about new materials, high technology... I think the pics I showed you could have cheated you.
Here you are some pics that maybe reflect the changes... or maybe not:

Last edited by eli; December 3rd, 2005 at 04:48 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:40 AM   #71
eli

-50's (Santiago Bernabéu, Di Stefano, Gento, Puskas, Muñoz,... in the stadium)

Last edited by eli; December 3rd, 2005 at 03:53 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:42 AM   #72
eli

-60's-70's (a new front)

Last edited by eli; October 7th, 2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:42 AM   #73
eli

-80's (first pic; the green zone is el Campo de las Naciones, the area next to the new Real Madrid training center of Valdebebas).

Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:43 AM   #74
eli

-90's (you have more pics in http://www.lamela.com/ , EXTENSION OF FOOTBALL STADIUM REAL MADRID).

Last edited by eli; December 3rd, 2005 at 03:50 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:50 AM   #75
eli

-Today (the last four years the change is spectacular).
*Heating

*The bars

*The new mechanical stairs

*The bathrooms

*The elevators

*The new boxes, the new grade (More pics in http://www.lamela.com/ , FAÇADE AND INTERIOR DESIGN BERNABEU STADIUM.), vip zones, media zones, safety... companies area http://www.realmadrid.es/serviciosem...ortada_eng.htm

*The exterior (I don't like very much the glasses) is not finished.

*2 restaurants: Puerta 57 ( http://www.puerta57.com/ ) and Real Café (http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma24152.htm and http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/r...abeu_24321.htm)

*A new building in the east front with parking, a huge official shop, offices, auditorium,... and maybe another restaurant in the top of the stadium and a new mall. In construcction.

If you have the opportunity, you should visit it.
http://www.realmadrid.es/elclub/tour/portada_eng.htm

Last edited by eli; December 3rd, 2005 at 04:32 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:44 PM   #76
FJP
Skyscraperexic Member

Thanx for the info
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #77
Peshu

That's one hell of a nice stadium.Anybody visiting Madrid should visit it.Especially the trophy museum.It's unbelievable.I remember visiting the trophy museum of the camp nou.And i thought.My god.Real Madrid should give them a few trophies so their museum could look a bit more respectable he,he.
All in all.Madrid is the biggest club in the world.
Peshu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:23 AM   #78
Perico
En el exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshu
That's one hell of a nice stadium.Anybody visiting Madrid should visit it.Especially the trophy museum.It's unbelievable.I remember visiting the trophy museum of the camp nou.And i thought.My god.Real Madrid should give them a few trophies so their museum could look a bit more respectable he,he.
All in all.Madrid is the biggest club in the world.
Well, Real Madrid museum is the second most visited museum in town after Prado museum.
And if you want to see 9 European Champions league cups together.... one after another.... 1...2....3....4....5...6...7...8......9.... then there is only one place in the world: Real Madrid Stadium!
Perico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #79
eli

Real Madrid's problem: the board (directive), a group of millionaires businessmen (and an ex-footballplayer) that the president already cannot control. They are not the owners of the club but gives his opinion as if they had the trainer's title and decides on football and basketball without having not even idea, being influenced for his acquaintances and for the press. But whom nobody demands responsibilities. One man, one vote; stupid men, stupid votes... stupid decisions.
"The new coach López Caro" and "play with reverves without quality", are some of his "brilliant" ideas. They are in the most comfortable situation, they are the cancer of Real Madrid and they are destroying it but nobody knows those who are.

Capricious fans, manipulative press, board (directive) deified ... some years without trophies it is a good medicine, our dose of humility after a very good epoch; and it is not not bad at all, it always has happened this way along the history. We must be calm, we will return.

This year or in ten years but we will get our 10th champion's league.

I try to be rational but... ¡¡we all have a bad day!!

Last edited by eli; December 6th, 2005 at 02:19 AM.
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #80
Peshu

Don't worry Eli.The good days will return.
Peshu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
aragón, estadio, motorland, spain in the world, stadiums spain