daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #21
Audiomuse
Civilization

Likes (Received): 42

^That was my 500th post. yay!

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #22
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Since 2003, when i begann to search information about skyscrapers, i had wait for This moment. It's really Amazing.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #23
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD

Likes (Received): 28

I guess it's either go big or go home with Kl, it looks as if there is no in between.
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #24
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 755

KL's skyline will even be more impressive and dense with this project.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #25
ethan

Likes (Received): 5

New heights!!! New Design!!!! Good news to Plaza Rakyat

Malaysia Truly Asia
ethan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #26
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk
Interesting....
For some reason ever since they built the Petronas twins, I never thought they would build another 400m+ supertall, mostly because it would upset the balance in the skyline, centered on the twins.
What is the location of the building, related to the Twins?
The location of Plaza Rakyat should be towards the left of the skyline as shown in this pic. It will not be quite near to Petronas. My guess is that the CBD skyline will eventually have (1) Plaza Rakyat (2) KL Tower (3) Petronas (4) Empire Tower as main focal points (from left to right in this pic).

Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #27
yusef

Likes (Received): 1

I really like KL's skyline, all the tall buildings look great with all the lush green surroundings.
yusef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:58 AM   #28
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

i kinda liked the old design better. the ball at the top made it more unique than this new generic box. And according to the proportions of that render, if this tower is indeed 400 meters than the floor plates are going to be massive. really really thick. Like tokyo's midtown tower like, completley oppressive but bigger still. the twins although massive in their own rights diffuse their bulk with the setbacks, with the many many sides each tower has. I preferred the old height too. saying i want a tower shorter rather than taller is not what im used to, but I like the focus of the city on theses twin beauties. They should be revered much like NYC reveres the Empire State Building and not haphazardly start to uproot their flow by building super tall bulky secondrate fare
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #29
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 59

KL is a nice city. I hope that they can continue with their progress.

Last edited by ElVoltageDR; May 29th, 2006 at 05:44 AM.
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:53 AM   #30
forvine

Likes (Received): 3

Anyone have a bigger render to this tower?
forvine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #31
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
originally posted by Lastresorter

The location of Plaza Rakyat should be towards the left of the skyline as shown in this pic. It will not be quite near to Petronas. My guess is that the CBD skyline will eventually have (1) Plaza Rakyat (2) KL Tower (3) Petronas (4) Empire Tower as main focal points (from left to right in this pic).
Overall, still missing (5) Telekom Tower/Kl Sentral/Mid Valley clusters (6) Tamansari cbd cluster

Quote:

Change In Concept Will Put Plaza Rakyat Development In Fast Track
May 8, 2006

Federal Territory Minister Datuk Zulhasnan Rafique

KUALA LUMPUR, May 8 (Bernama) -- A change from the "build, mortgage and ownership transfer" concept to directly selling Plaza Rakyat will bring faster progress to the delayed project, said Federal Territory Minister Datuk Zulhasnan Rafique.

The suggestion for change was put forward by the developer, Plaza Rakyat Sdn Bhd, to the ministry following its inability to cope up with the project using the original concept, he said.

"We find that the (new) concept would be able to help push the project, but the developer has to fulfil several conditions set by the ministry," he said in response to a question from Datuk Dr Lee Chong Meng at the Dewan Negara sitting here Monday.

The ministry, however, has yet to receive any feedback from the developer, he said.

Lee wanted to know what measures had been taken and will continue to be taken by the government to complete mega projects that have been abandoned in the city, including the Plaza Rakyat in Pudu, Bandar Wawasan at Jalan Sultan Ismail and Li Foong project at Jalan Changkat Thamby Dollah.

Zulhasnan said that among the conditions the developer of Plaza Rakyat would have to meet include the immediate settlement of loans amounting to RM60 million taken from the RHB Bank.

The developer would also have to get a release on the bank mortgage on the land which has been put up as collateral for the loans, as well as settle all debts with Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) arising from accumulated rental payments on the mortgaged land and assessment dues amounting to RM15.4 million.

Work on the Plaza Rakyat project, planned as an integrated public transportation centre, started in 1992 but it came to a standstill when the developer started facing financial problems following the economic downturn in 1997.

The ministry then took the initiative to resuscitate the project in view of it being a privatised project between DBKL and Plaza Rakyat Sdn Bhd. The developer had been given till May 2007 to complete the project.

-- BERNAMA
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:25 AM   #32
phillyskyline

Likes (Received): 0

I really like the design, its great news!
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #33
Pablitisimo Maximo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Wonderful City!
Pablitisimo Maximo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #34
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

any news?
Old December 25th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #35
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 6

Unfortunately, no

- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #36
Subangite

Likes (Received): 0

I really really really want this to be built, sooner the better!! Another Supertall is great for the KL skyline. The Plaza Rakyat is also a transportation hub for Malaysian interstate buses and also provides LRT connections.
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #37
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

Completion of Plaza Rakyat delayed again

KUALA LUMPUR: Motorists counting the days till the congestion around Puduraya eases will have to wait a while longer.

The problematic integrated public transport hub, Plaza Rakyat, has been delayed yet again and it will not open next year as planned.

"We are still discussing whether to extend the developer’s contract or to get another contractor to complete the project as soon as possible," said Kuala Lumpur Mayor Datuk Ruslin Hassan.

"Right now, only LRT Plaza Rakyat is complete. The rest of the construction is only half done. There is no way Plaza Rakyat can be finished by 2007."

In the contract extended in 2005, developer Plaza Rakyat Sdn Bhd was given until May 31 next year to complete construction.

The complex is meant to reduce the traffic snarl caused by hundreds of buses and taxis lining up at Puduraya by moving them to the new terminal.

Ruslin was unveiling the KL Hop-On, Hop-Off double-decker tourist buses for Visit Malaysia Year 2007.

The bus, with a pre-recorded commentary in eight languages — Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic, Japanese, French and German — will take visitors around the city.

They can choose to stay on the bus for the full tour or hop off to visit an attraction and hop back on.

A 24-hour adult day pass costs RM30, RM17 for the disabled, students and senior citizens. Children under five travel free.

MyKad holders can buy the tickets for RM19 during the promotion period which will be announced later.

Last edited by pedang; December 26th, 2006 at 09:59 AM.
pedang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #38
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

thx for the news, great to hear that this project is not dead.
Old December 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #39
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

This is going to go on for ever...
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #40
SimLim

Likes (Received):

That skyline pic could be Birmingham in a few years Erebus