daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #21
Socrates.
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Too many babies on here
Socrates. no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #22
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

Ha, it's never your fault is it.

Quote:
For the most part I've done nothing wrong and neither has my colleague.

You were banned for a reason, deal with it, you're in the wrong.

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #23
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

On every other forum I have ever belonged to, the mods or admins have the possibility of banning people via their IP adress...This is the only place I know that does not do that, but allow people with the same IP to re-register over and over again... Why dont we start there, and see if this will solve some of the problems, before closing a section we all love, because of a few idiot terrorists....?
cphdude no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #24
Detective Jack Cates
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
You were banned for a reason, deal with it, you're in the wrong.
Because I was upsetting a bunch of cry babies. Shame on me!
Detective Jack Cates no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #25
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

Upsetting people with racist comments, insults and flooding threads with crap.

All against forum rules, even if not one person complained to a mod, you would still of been banned.

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #26
Detective Jack Cates
BANNED

Quote:
Upsetting people with racist comments, insults and flooding threads with crap.

All against forum rules, even if not one person complained to a mod, you would still of been banned.
You will find that I at no point flooded threads with crap. I never made any racist comments either (rather repeated some some stereotypical media constructions). And as for insults, if people insult me then they can expect to be insulted.

40acres made some shocking comments (and broke forum rules) in one of our harmless arguements, but he is still clicking around.
Detective Jack Cates no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #27
GNU
Gnuru

Likes (Received): 35

Its about time really.

those football disussions are pising me off bigtime.
This section should really only deal with stadiums.
GNU no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #28
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

That would stink of Americans had to pay the price. It is usually the Euro's in this forum who resort to the your team sucks (or sport if talking to an American) gibberish.
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #29
Coventry Nutter
BANNED

Then why aren't the posters who mocked a major UK soccer disaster banned then? (check the pics below) It's bad to mock the twin towers, but it's ok to mock UK soccer disasters??? **** that, if that's the attitude of the mods then this forum deserves to be closed and will be closed.

You can't have one rule for some and another rule for others. We have regular posters, 'It's all good', 'moreorless' etc constantly keeping threads off topic by arguing/talking about Ibrox, Arsenal, Spurs, Man United etc. We have Man United fans posting loads of pics of Roy Keane's testimonial and how great it was that no England flags were at the game, which is nothing to do with the stadium. If the mods claim these are banning offenses, then why are they not banned? Why are American posters who laugh at dead UK soccer fans not banned??? (they posted pics of UK soccer disasters before anybody posted pics of the twin towers) Sorry, but the mods have only got themselves to blame for what has happened to this section.

We also have had a huge amount of anti-Scottish racism that has went untouched. We can't have anti-English/anti-American racism, but it's okay for anti-Scottish racism??? (fat jocks, Scottish wankers, shite country, shite people etc) Nope, the real world doesn't work like that. Either racism is wrong or it's ok. This section is going down unless the mods get a grip of themselves. If it's acceptable on the forum to laugh at 66 dead innocent people at Ibrox, then this section WILL be closed. A number of Scottish football fans have agreed that this section will be completely ruined if the mods maintain their policy of allowing people to mock the 66 people killed at Ibrox.

and banning ipís doesnít work!!
Coventry Nutter no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #30
BaronVonChickenpants

Likes (Received): 1

"Then why aren't the posters who mocked a major UK soccer disaster banned then? (check the pics below) It's bad to mock the twin towers, but it's ok to mock UK soccer disasters??? **** that, if that's the attitude of the mods then this forum deserves to be closed and will be closed."

so,you only joined this forum this month,and you have worked all that out?
funny how all these new posters that appeared on here all of a sudden, seem to be Scottish Rangers supporters

everything was fine on this forum until bubomb arrived.Is been downhill ever since
BaronVonChickenpants no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #31
reyrey

Sorry bubomb, but this forum was fine few months ago , and it's decline seems to have coincided with your arrival here. You have shown you can be a good poster, but on the other hand you can be a complete idiot. You and other posters get wound up very quickly and this leads to threads getting out of hand, which is why we are in this situation.
I also can't believe how '40Acres' has not been banned yet as his comments have been shocking. But that he winds you up and causes a reaction, means that people assume it is you who is causing the problem. Just report the post to a mod and let them deal with it.
I would urge the mods not to close this forum, as i have said, it was problem free a little while ago. The mods should just remove the idiots when they turn up and everyone else needs to calm down and not take the bait.
reyrey no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #32
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventry Nutter
You can't have one rule for some and another rule for others. We have regular posters, 'It's all good', 'moreorless' etc constantly keeping threads off topic by arguing/talking about Ibrox, Arsenal, Spurs, Man United etc.
oh bubomb, i've always tried to stop u and your colleagues from ruining every thread with the same old pictures and crap about rangers. I don't keep threads off topic, you do, just that i won't let you fill the threads with your same old rubbish. Funny your looking for a scapegoat.

and like i told you before considering all this, i have never asked you to be banned or anyone else for that matter
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #33
crisishit
BANNED

New Arena

What do all of you think of the new arena being built in St Austell. It's being called the Moderators are throwing their toys out of the pram arena. Kind of catchy.
crisishit no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #34
Noostairz

Likes (Received): 10

to the mods,

i'd close it and keep stadia discussions in their regional sub-forums. here any off-topic or antagonistic comments can be more easily moderated by mods handling less traffic from forumers they're more familiar with. by keeping things local it'd also reduce the likelihood of international rivalries creeping into discussions. for instance, in the uk stadia sub-forum (here) discussion is almost entirely architecturally driven, despite almost all of the main culprits for all the nonsense in here being brits.

also apologies on behalf of us brits who genuinely want to discuss stadia architecture for some of "our lot" constantly ruining threads with off-topic, antagonistic, xenophobic, and in some cases homophobic, shit. it should be noted that the aussies, the americans, and so on continue to contribute here in an almost entirely positive manner.
Noostairz no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #35
crisishit
BANNED

EDENNEWSTAIRS, pride, passion, pedigree, pompous, prat
crisishit no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #36
Coventry Nutter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its AlL gUUd
oh bubomb, i've always tried to stop u and your colleagues from ruining every thread with the same old pictures and crap about rangers. I don't keep threads off topic, you do, just that i won't let you fill the threads with your same old rubbish. Funny your looking for a scapegoat.

and like i told you before considering all this, i have never asked you to be banned or anyone else for that matter

I don't think you should be banned either, i'm just pointing out that it takes two to tango!!

and i'm not Bubomb, i'm form Coventry...and i'm a NUTTER!! C'mon you Sky Blues!!
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #37
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

No need for a sports section because...

Quote:
SUPPORT A SPORTS SECTION HERE

To close this section is to let the trolls win.
THIS IS A F*CKING ARCHITECTURE SITE! If you want to discuss sports, sign up someplace else.
Kampflamm está en línea ahora  
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #38
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates.
Far too many idiots here
I agree...and you, bubomb, and all your other aliases are the worst ones.
Kampflamm está en línea ahora  
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #39
Coventry Nutter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyrey
I also can't believe how '40Acres' has not been banned yet as his comments have been shocking. But that he winds you up and causes a reaction, means that people assume it is you who is causing the problem. Just report the post to a mod and let them deal with it.
Tried that and the mods done nothing at all. The posts were not removed and the user is still posting racist comments about Scotland (see Ibrox thread) and making jokes about the Ibrox disaster. This means the administrators on this site have an official policy that it is ok to mock those killed in the Ibrox disaster.

For that reason alone, this section will be ruined. If they change their policy towards the Ibrox disaster, then the forum will be left to run as a normal forum.
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #40
Coventry Nutter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
I agree...and you, bubomb, and all your other aliases are the worst ones.
Do you honestly think the poster Bubomb cares what you think Kraut?

p.s - I know that is a racist comment, but the mods have shown that racism is allowed on this forum.

Closed Thread