daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #41
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventry Nutter
Do you honestly think the poster Bubomb cares what you think Kraut?
Where did I state that I'm concerned about what he thinks? The guy (ie you) is a total nutcase obviously.
Kampflamm está en línea ahora  

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #42
jmancuso
make it so...
 
jmancuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 6,751
Likes (Received): 56

if there are racist comments by ANYONE, PM a mod or admin...don't perpetuate a flamewar.
__________________
10 years!
jmancuso no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #43
Coventry Nutter
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 87
Likes (Received): 0

You must care what he thinks, otherwise you would not have made a comment directed towards him. If you genuinely didn't care what he thinks, you would simply ignore him. I ignore people I don't care about, and I no longer care what you think, so can you guess what i'm going to do?
Coventry Nutter no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #44
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventry Nutter
You must care what he thinks, otherwise you would not have made a comment directed towards him. If you genuinely didn't care what he thinks, you would simply ignore him. I ignore people I don't care about, and I no longer care what you think, so can you guess what i'm going to do?
Bumbomb ruins every thread he visits, that's why it's almost impossible to ignore him.
Kampflamm está en línea ahora  
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #45
vertigosufferer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oldham in Gtr Manchester
Posts: 1,019
Likes (Received): 2

It would be a shame to penalise the one's who contribute to the threads in a positive manner, because of the few trolls that spend to much time infront on their PC's.

I don't pay much attention to threads that degenerate into flame wars, and my teams better than yours. All I am interested is in Sports Stadiums and arena's.
vertigosufferer no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #46
eddyk
Registered Abuser
 
eddyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: G-Town Massive
Posts: 17,016
Likes (Received): 1490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
THIS IS A F*CKING ARCHITECTURE SITE! If you want to discuss sports, sign up someplace else.
Unless you was taking the piss out of Maccabi, click the link before having a go at me numbnuts.
__________________
.
.

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #47
asohn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: N/A
Posts: 946
Likes (Received): 24

Regarding IP banning:

We do have the ability to ban IP addresses on the forum. However, many of the trolls use dialup accounts that have IPs shared by a handful of innocent forumers. So to ban a troll's IP would also ban good forum contributors.
asohn no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #48
andysimo123
wind-up merchant
 
andysimo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,960
Likes (Received): 82

Sport is a massive thing in alot of people lifes. If your gona talk about sporting venues you are going to talk about the teams that play in those grounds because they have massive links with them. eg What a game was like that ground on a certain day(because for different teams its going to be very very different for each game played). If you and your fellow moderators think that we shouldnt talk about the sport or football played in that ground on a certain day, there is no point having a section talking about sport grounds. Heres another one when the FA Cup final is played at Wembley next year members are going to post in that thread what the ground and game was like, to do that you have to talk about the teams that played and also the fans.
andysimo123 no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #49
Rev
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,044
Likes (Received): 1

You can ban accounts, IP's, but it wont work.
We have seen it in the local SA section of the Ozscrapers area, where a troll has returned now with his third account(two being banned previously).

Every time trolls spam and cause trouble in a forum, you cant go around closing that section down because of it. Eventually you wont have a forum left.
Why not add an extra mod or two to deal with the problem, such as a super mod who can ban on the spot?
Rev no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #50
andysimo123
wind-up merchant
 
andysimo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,960
Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
You can ban accounts, IP's, but it wont work.
We have seen it in the local SA section of the Ozscrapers area, where a troll has returned now with his third account(two being banned previously).

Every time trolls spam and cause trouble in a forum, you cant go around closing that section down because of it. Eventually you wont have a forum left.
Why not add an extra mod or two to deal with the problem, such as a super mod who can ban on the spot?
Super mod is call gothicform, hes like one of the big guys, I've seen him ban muppets within afew mins.
andysimo123 no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #51
40Acres
Texas Our Texas
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 290
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventry Nutter
Tried that and the mods done nothing at all. The posts were not removed and the user is still posting racist comments about Scotland (see Ibrox thread) and making jokes about the Ibrox disaster. This means the administrators on this site have an official policy that it is ok to mock those killed in the Ibrox disaster.

For that reason alone, this section will be ruined. If they change their policy towards the Ibrox disaster, then the forum will be left to run as a normal forum.
I can't beleive how full of shit you are, and the fools you take us for. Like others have said on here, everything was dandy until your ******* ass showed up on here and shat every thread. Seriously, EVERY MOTHER****ING THREAD. Now, its impossible to have a discussion without your stupid ****tard ass piping in to tell us how fat we are, our sports suck, our stadiums are inferior, and how great the red-headed stepchild of a stadium IBROX is.

Then, you have the stones to point the finger at ME and others. ******* laughable man, HA!

What is hilarious about your screen caps, is that you left out the 50 or 60 posts prior where you insult EVERYBODY.

You know why i haven't been banned? Because I'm taking on the village ******* retard. Had i said something like this to another poster or a mod, i would be in my full rights to be banned ... and i would never do that to another respectful poster.

So, i conclusion, the common denominator is YOU. **** off. Quickly.

P.S. I think everyone would be surprised to learn that you are a University employee and have a wife and kid. Can you fathom a fully grown man acting like this every day. What's your problem? Wife kick the piss out of you daily?

Last edited by 40Acres; May 10th, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
40Acres no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #52
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
Unless you was taking the piss out of Maccabi, click the link before having a go at me numbnuts.
Please, no insults Eddy. You know I love you like a brother.
Kampflamm está en línea ahora  
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #53
Boris the Blade
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
Please, no insults Eddy. You know I love you like a brother.
It seems to me that the user eddyk spends most of his time on here baiting other users, who are then punished for responding.

I'd call it entrapment myself.
Boris the Blade no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #54
chester84
Registered User
 
chester84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 172
Likes (Received): 0

i think that was the quickest banning ive ever seen
chester84 no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #55
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

They call him the fastest gunslinger east of Ft. Worth (Mancuso).
Kampflamm está en línea ahora  
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #56
Noostairz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Transatlantic
Posts: 9,896
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Acres
I can't beleive how full of shit you are, and the fools you take us for. Like others have said on here, everything was dandy until your ******* ass showed up on here and shat every thread. Seriously, EVERY MOTHER****ING THREAD. Now, its impossible to have a discussion without your stupid ****tard ass piping in to tell us how fat we are, our sports suck, our stadiums are inferior, and how great the red-headed stepchild of a stadium IBROX is.

Then, you have the stones to point the finger at ME and others. ******* laughable man, HA!

What is hilarious about your screen caps, is that you left out the 50 or 60 posts prior where you insult EVERYBODY.

You know why i haven't been banned? Because I'm taking on the village ******* retard. Had i said something like this to another poster or a mod, i would be in my full rights to be banned ... and i would never do that to another respectful poster.

So, i conclusion, the common denominator is YOU. **** off. Quickly.

P.S. I think everyone would be surprised to learn that you are a University employee and have a wife and kid. Can you fathom a fully grown man acting like this every day. What's your problem? Wife kick the piss out of you daily?
ordinarily i'd think you were out of order but i fully understand your frustrations. nearly every post of his is a bigoted, antagonistic swipe.

i suppose the good thing is that we all seem to be in agreement that he is the main problem. eliminate him and it's safe to say that a bit of normalcy would return to the forum.

mods, if banning his IP address isn't the solution are there any other alternatives? because simply hoping he'll go away doesn't seem to be working.
Noostairz no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #57
Noostairz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Transatlantic
Posts: 9,896
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123
Sport is a massive thing in alot of people lifes. If your gona talk about sporting venues you are going to talk about the teams that play in those grounds because they have massive links with them. eg What a game was like that ground on a certain day(because for different teams its going to be very very different for each game played). If you and your fellow moderators think that we shouldnt talk about the sport or football played in that ground on a certain day, there is no point having a section talking about sport grounds. Heres another one when the FA Cup final is played at Wembley next year members are going to post in that thread what the ground and game was like, to do that you have to talk about the teams that played and also the fans.
this is an architectural site. i think you're confusing the odd harmless sporting reference for threads being hijacked by constant, antagonistic sporting rivalries, which is not acceptable on an architectural site.
Noostairz no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #58
James Bond
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edennewstairs
this is an architectural site. i think you're confusing the odd harmless sporting reference for threads being hijacked by constant, antagonistic sporting rivalries, which is not acceptable on an architectural site.
Although I do value your opinion, this time you are wrong.
Its not always bubomb. Most of the time its the cry babies and antagonists baiting him and he gets banned for it.

But without bubomb, socrates, welly, its all guud and jack rabbit slim there would be no worthwhile banter here at all. (You're my 6th favourite in case you're wondering)
James Bond no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #59
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...
 
Its AlL gUUd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,017
Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond
Although I do value your opinion, this time you are wrong.
Its not always bubomb. Most of the time its the cry babies and antagonists baiting him and he gets banned for it.

But without bubomb, socrates, welly, its all guud and jack rabbit slim there would be no worthwhile banter here at all. (You're my 6th favourite in case you're wondering)
OMG are you saying im your 3rd favourite?

i kinda agree with the banter bit, as long as its contained without going out of proportion which you can't seem to comprehend alot of the time
__________________
I T S Y
Its AlL gUUd no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #60
Azn_chi_boi
BANNED
 
Azn_chi_boi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bridgeport + Chinatown, Chicago
Posts: 4,218
Likes (Received): 12

Don't close the forum...

is it closing the stadium forum or the whole forum?
Azn_chi_boi no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu