daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 11th, 2006, 01:01 AM   #61
James Bond
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I can't seem to comprehend? Its not me that PMs the mods or openly calls to have users banned. Thats when it gets out of hand.
Bubomb may also go over board, but I can say with a clear conscience that I very very rarely go too far.
James Bond no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #62
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by edennewstairs
this is an architectural site. i think you're confusing the odd harmless sporting reference for threads being hijacked by constant, antagonistic sporting rivalries, which is not acceptable on an architectural site.
There is no argument its fact. When people talk about grounds they also talk about the people who use them. So your saying when Wembley is used for the first time you dont want to here the views of the fans of the atmosphere or any of those factors, which are basicly the main factors of any sporting venue.
andysimo123 no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #63
Noostairz

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123
There is no argument its fact. When people talk about grounds they also talk about the people who use them. So your saying when Wembley is used for the first time you dont want to here the views of the fans of the atmosphere or any of those factors, which are basicly the main factors of any sporting venue.
oh i'd love to hear about the structure and atmosphere of wembley from anyone who goes there for the first time. what i do not want to hear is this: YES!!!!!!!!!!! WE BEAT THOSE ******* *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA! ******* EASY!!!!
Noostairz no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #64
Zaqattaq

Likes (Received): 76

May I ask why 2005 is not banned? I have never seen him make a post in the actual forums, only posts on Spurs/Gunners flamewar threads.
Zaqattaq no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #65
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6312

Holy cow! I just looked through this thread and BuBomb has created-and been banned from-about ten different acounts through the course of two days...that's gotta be some kinda record...what a saddo!

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #66
XCRunner

I agree that closing the forum will mean a victory for the trolls, but really it is up to us non-trolls to just not pay them any attention. Everytime we respond to one of their posts we're letting them win. Closing the forum may mean the trolls win, but it is still up to the rest of us whether or not to let that happen.
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #67
urbanlover
Living for the city

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit Slim
Holy cow! I just looked through this thread and BuBomb has created-and been banned from-about ten different acounts through the course of two days...that's gotta be some kinda record...what a saddo!
Yeah, talk about not being able to take a hint.
urbanlover no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #68
Vito Andolini
BANNED

Right, enough's enough. I have had to set up an alternate account because I was banned without warning and without explanation. I committed no crime, but am willing to accept my punishment if I am told what I am guilty of. I'm guessing double standards will be applied, and I'll be out of here, and if so I bid you farewell.

Its been emotional.
Vito Andolini no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:00 AM   #69
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

@ socrates

after you re-register (which i'm sure you will be doing soon if you haven't already), PM the mod or admin who banned you in the beginning. it wasn't me, btw.
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #70
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 142

farewell socrates, I know I said I wouldnt comment yesterday, but good god, looks whats happen over night! I think '**** me sideways' would be the appropriate saying here. Ok eddynewstairs, I fully understand what you say when the guys get carried away when they go to the games & quote their feelings, its true this is not a sports forum, its an architectural & structural forum. But in the respective teams stadium thread, I'm sure we can discuss the teams progress in an orderly manner, but it must not over shadow the main reason the thread was created, i.e the discussion of the stadium. For instance in the latest wembley thread, it was going to a stand still with no info on the stadium being brought in, & they announced the England squad to go to the world cup, now correct me if I am wrong but Wembley is the home stadium for England? so hence some members felt the need to post the teams selection on the thread, where by it was discussed orderly until some members stopped it by saying it could end up into a mess (which could have been true). But we do get idiots starting something out of nothing, I am sure we can all deal with it, I mean we not 5 years old, most of us are grown ups, (I hope) just ignore that moron & continue.
Once again I will stipulate, I am not saying we should go over board discussing sports, keep to the topic which is stadiums but if the need arises, there is no harm discussing that teams progress in the teams respective stadium thread, dont start discussing IBROX in the highbury thread!

& Bubomb, if you were Quron, I dont see how hurt you are by 40 acres making that comment about the scottish football disater when you kept on mocking the scousers
about the hillsborough disater & the Heysel tradgedy in the anfield thread, so tough we dealt with it now you deal with it.

bubomb as we all commonly know you as, most of the time your posts are educated & true but then like a flick of a switch you go on ranting & raving causing fights with other users, if you are seriously here to contribute, then I suggest you do it in an orderly fashion & if someone does tick you off, just pvt message a mod informing him/her what the poster has said to offend you, I know thats like being a taddle tale but its beats you getting banned all the time.

Once again I urge all of your'll, we are all over 5, C'mon guys this is just a Forum, nothing we say here is going to effect what is to be built or bashed down, we're just discussing developments & present structures. If someone does get stuck up ur arse just ignore them.

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #71
pompeyfan

Likes (Received): 84

YES! NO MORE SOCRATES!!!

Keep up with my latest projects here
pompeyfan no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #72
mauritius gunner

Your right, if we are to keep the forum going, we should all ignore provocation and stick to the topic. It is very easy to get carried away with hysteria sometimes, many of us are guilty for it, myself included. We should also stop pointing fingers at individuals as well for this will only encourage them.

I miss the fact that nobody talks about the Emirates thread anymore which is why I joined in the first place, especially at this crucial time at the closing stages of construction
mauritius gunner no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #73
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

Likes (Received): 53

It's very sad that it's come to this. I'm not sure what I can add to the intelligent part of the topic other than to add my voice to the 'Please Don't Close The Forum' lobby.

For my part, I came across this site while looking for updates on the Old Trafford expansion and I have to say that I haven't found anywhere else like this anywhere on the internet. All I can say is that I wish I'd found it sooner.

I've always been a bit of a stadium bore and this is the first place I felt able to both learn more from and contribute to discussions on stadia and arenas. It's good to see that there are a few others like me out there and I'm pleased to exchange ideas and information with those who treat this forum properly. I'd like to think I have added to the debates constructively and I value the views of those others whom I feel have done the same.

I am just as irritated by some of the 'contributions' that some people have made as the mods are. I am also annoyed at the waste of my time reading thread after thread of irrelevant and insulting posts. We've all taken the bait at some time but as others have said, they're better just ignored.

I feel I must speak up in favour of the forum here. I always prefer the threads with lots of large images of a list of stadia/arenas. Rantanamo always posts a huge array of pictures to support his threads, presumably sourced from the internet but that I can never match with my google image searches. The debates can be engaging and I do enjoy the odd good-natured argument or chance to show-off my ability to recall certain facts (and I'm not alone in that) but that's not why I visit. I like to see the places themselves (or even plans for them). A picture is worth a thousand words and I wish there were more posts that were so richly illustrated. I often wish I had more time to spend doing the same thing myself.

Finally, a comment on bubomb. When I came here the first time, I was most impressed with the breadth and depth of his stadium knowledge and he even helped me with my faltering first attempts to upload images. From the outset, I could see how he could divide opinion but I felt he was redeemed in other ways. Unfortunately, he chose to play up to his notoriety and crossed the line too many times. I crossed swords with his incarnations once or twice but then like any irritation, I just got tired of him which I thought was a shame because he could be funny, interesting and even educational. For him to continue to 'troll' the forum incessantly, I have to say has lost him the last vestiges of respect that I had, even before the unsavoury incidents and obscenities that followed. He became a sad parody of himself, more interested in his ability to provoke than in the ability to contribute that he had and a slur on Rangers fans, the people of Glasgow and, indeed, of Scotland.

Please keep the forum going but do whatever it takes to enforce the brigging/banning that the mods feel necessary.

Thanks for reading this.
EADGBE no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2006, 06:00 AM   #74
Iain1974

Although this forum does need some moderation I think we all know that if you mods could effectively ban bubomb we'd all be able to be civil towards each other.
Iain1974 no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #75
antigr12
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

don't close obviously , there's no other valuable forum for building or stadiums real time discussion
antigr12 no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #76
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

If anyone wants this fourm to stay around, then just limit your talk to just sports facilities and use the Skybar to talk about the teams.
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #77
Uncle Chop Chop
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexfan2
YES! NO MORE SOCRATES!!!
That wasn't very nice.
Uncle Chop Chop no está en línea  
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #78

I just think that the mods need to chill or at least cheer up. Heres some advice.

When you are making love with your girlfiend you should bend her over put your little man inside whilst whaking away you say.."Your Dad is a lot better" making her think "WTF!" making her stand thus making the angle tighter and overall having a better time.

Last edited by 2005; May 19th, 2006 at 06:31 PM.
2005 no está en línea  
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #79
Ivan Drago
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005
I just think that the mods need to chill or at least cheer up. Heres some advice.

When you are making love with your girlfiend you should bend her over put your little man inside whilst whaking away you say.."Your Dad is a lot better" making her think "WTF!" making her stand thus making the angle tighter and overall having a better time.
What he's saying mods is that:

[IMG]http://i4.************/1055paw.gif[/IMG]
Ivan Drago no está en línea  
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #80
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

When I see racist comments by people like Durbsboi, I think....this forum should be closed.
Giorgio no está en línea  

Closed Thread