daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Old September 14th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #41
klbloke
klbloke

Likes (Received): 8

Network bus service postponed

The Star Online > Central

Thursday September 14, 2006

Network bus service postponed

By JADE CHAN

RANGKAIAN Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd (Rapid KL) chief operating officer (bus operations) Mohd Ali Mohd Nor recently said that the launch of the new bus network service in Klang, Shah Alam, Subang Jaya, Damansara, Petaling Jaya and Puchong (Areas 5 and 6) had been postponed from Sept 16 to Sept 23.

He said this at a dialogue session chaired by Petaling Jaya Utara MP Datin Paduka Chew Mei Fun. Present at the session were various Rukun Tetangga and Residents Association representatives, as well as Petaling Jaya (PJ) residents.

Mohd Ali ... urged commuters to try the new routes
The session was aimed at introducing the new bus network service around the PJ area, and providing an opportunity for the residents to voice out their problems concerning Rapid KL’s services.

“We need 250 new buses to commence the new bus network service, but we have received only 100. We are expecting more to arrive next week and after that approval for the necessary documents must be obtained for each bus before they are put on the roads,” said Mohd Ali.

He apologised to all Rapid KL users, especially those in PJ Utara, as the frequency has deteriorated lately due to a shortage of buses because of several old buses breaking down.

He assured commuters that steps were being taken to rectify the problem.

Mohd Ali added that the company would be planting 1,258 new bus stops with information panels in Areas 5 and 6 before the launch, and was working on creating proper shelter designs for the bus stops and hubs.

Under the PJ Utara bus network, there will be 13 local shuttle routes with eight routes to and from LRT stations, and one trunk line plying into Damansara from Bandar Utama to KL Sentral.

The local shuttle routes are 613, 614, 615, 616, 620, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628 and 629, while the trunk line route is T82.

Route 613 will service areas in Sections 6, 7 and 8 in Kota Damansara, Damansara Uptown and Bandar Utama, while Route 614 will connect Sections 4 and 5 in Kota Damansara to Bandar Utama.

Route 615 will link various areas in Taman Tun Dr Ismail and Damansara Uptown to Bandar Utama, while Route 616 will ply from Damansara Utama to Kampung Kerinchi.

Route 620 will connect Kelana Jaya to PJ State, while Route 622 will link Taman Mayang Emas to the Kelana Jaya LRT station.

Route 623 will service areas in Sunway, Subang Parade and Batu 10, linking them to the Kelana Jaya LRT station, while Route 624 will ply from Stadium MBPJ to the Kelana Jaya LRT station.

Route 625 will connect SS6, SS5 and SS3 to the Taman Bahagia LRT station, while Route 626 will link Damansara Utama to the Taman Bahagia LRT station.

Route 627 will service areas in Kampung Tunku, Sungai Way and Section 51A to the Taman Paramount LRT station, while Route 628 will ply from Sections 14 and 17 to the Asia Jaya LRT station.

Route 629 will connect Eastin Hotel to the Asia Jaya LRT station.

The buses are expected to ply at a frequency of about 15 minutes, from 5.30am to 12.30-1am daily.

Trunk line Route T82 will connect Bandar Utama to KL Sentral, while trunk Route T43 will link Bandar Utama, IOI Mall, Tesco and Putrajaya to Bandar Utama.

The trunk line service frequency is every 10 minutes, from 5.30am to 12.30-1am daily.

Mohd Ali added that there would be a three-day free trial period from Sept 23 to 25.

Revenue service will commence from Sept 26 at RM1 for local shuttle, RM2 for trunk line service and RM2 for city shuttle. A comprehensive ticket for those who use the local shuttle, trunk line service and city shuttle is RM4.

The RM7 ultimate day pass ticket is valid for all Rapid KL buses and LRT services on the Kelana Jaya, Ampang and Sri Petaling lines.

Senior citizens, students in school uniform and the disabled will enjoy a concession.

Senior citizens must apply for the Rapid KL Senior Citizen Card and produce the card to be entitled to the concession.

The disabled get a 50% discount if they produce their OKU (Orang Kurang Upaya) card, while those who have an OKU card and apply for the Rapid KL Handicapped Card will be entitled to free rides.

“We urge all commuters to try the new routes during the free trial period. We welcome all commuters’ feedback, and may adjust certain routes if the request is reasonable,” said Mohd Ali.

“I feel that PJ residents are finally getting a comprehensive public transport system,” said Chew, urging public to adapt to the new system.

“I’ve asked Rapid KL to set up a counter for senior citizens to apply for the Rapid KL Senior Citizen Card at the Senior Citizens’ Carnival on Oct 1 at SJK (C) Yuk Chai,” she added.

Commuters who wish to find out more about Rapid KL’s new routes or provide feedback can drop by any of the 20 bus hubs in Areas 5 and 6. The nearest hub in PJ Utara is at Bandar Utama.

Alternatively, they can call the toll-free line at 1-800-388-228, visit http://www.rapidkl.com.my/ or email suggest@rapidkl.com.my

http://www.rapidkl.com.my/rapidbus_r...amklgptklg.htm
klbloke no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 15th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #42
klbloke
klbloke

Rapid KL’s new Klang Valley network

Friday September 15, 2006

Rapid KL’s new Klang Valley network

THE new bus network covering Klang, Shah Alam, Subang Jaya, Damansara, Petaling Jaya, and Puchong will start on Sept 23.

Rangkaian Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd (Rapid KL) held a special briefing recently, attended by Kelana Jaya MP Loh Seng Kok and community leaders from Subang Jaya, USJ, and Bandar Sunway.

Rapid KL chief operating officer (bus operations) Mohd Ali Mohd Nor said the new network would consist of 10 routes and one trunk line.

“We need some 250 new buses to serve this new network, with the frequency of a bus every 15 minutes for the local shuttle and 10-minute wait for the trunk service.

“At the moment, we have about 100 new buses and are expecting more to arrive next week,” said Mohd Ali.

All local shuttles will start service from as early as 5.30am and end at about 12.30am or 1am.

“There will be three days of free trial service for residents from Sept 23 to 25, after which the normal fares will be charged,” added Mohd Ali.

The local service is priced at RM1, while the trunk line service and city shuttle are each priced at RM2.

There is also the Day Pass which is valid for unlimited travel within each service for the whole day.

“Passengers are free to travel all day long on one particular service without needing to pay extra.

“We also encourage the use of the Comprehensive Ticket for those who use more than two types of services because they can save an additional 20%. This ticket is at RM4 for all services - the local shuttle, trunk line, and city shuttle,” explained Mohd Ali.

The Ultimate Day Pass, priced at RM7, allows one the use of Rapid’s bus and rail.

Meanwhile, school uniformed students and senior citizens with the Rapid KL card are given 50% concession on local shuttle, trunk line, and city shuttle, while the comprehensive ticket is at RM3.

“Currently, the tickets are still manual, but we will be introducing Touch N Go cards by end of the year,” said Mohd Ali.

Loh commended the introduction of the bus service in view of Subang Jaya and USJ, part of his Kelana Jaya constituency, being among the elite areas which are most developed in Selangor.

“With now the LRT set to be extended from Kelana Jaya to Subang Jaya and the Putra Line from Sri Petaling to Puchong, I wish to propose for a connection to be made between Subang and Puchong as they are just neighbouring townships and this would make a more all-rounded network,” said Loh.

Residents gave their feedback particularly in matters concerning reliability of the buses.

“I understand residents concerns and in this first phase, Rapid KL is striving for reliable frequency in terms of timing,” said Mohd Ali.

“For areas which are low in density, we are probably looking at schedule trips instead, but this will probably come in place a few months down the road.”

He also commented on social effort for the disabled, adding that 100 disabled-friendly buses have been purchased for the convenience of these people.

“We are looking at building ramps and also working with associations to identify locations to send the 100 buses to,” added Mohd Ali.

For details, call its toll free hotline at 1-800-388-228.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 06:10 AM   #43
klbloke
klbloke

Rapid starts new service covering PJ to Klang

The Star Online > Central

Friday September 22, 2006

Rapid starts new service covering PJ to Klang

By ESTHER CHANDRAN
Photo by SAMUEL ONG

AREAS 5 & 6, which make up one third of Rapid KL’s bus network system, will be launched today with free rides offered to commuters from tomorrowto Monday.

The official launch will be held at Sunway Pyramid.

Commuters are advised to hold on to their free tickets from the launch areas in Petaling Jaya, Damansara, Puchong, Klang, Shah Alam, Subang and Subang Jaya when trying out the local, trunk and city shuttle services.

The ticket is valid for a day.

Describing it as the biggest area under Rapid KL’s new bus network system, Rapid KL chief operating officer for bus operations Mohd Ali Mohd Nor said Areas 5 & 6 would have a total of 264 buses plying nine trunk lines (92 buses), 47 shuttle lines (162 buses) and one express line (10 buses).

Mohd Ali briefing the media on new bus routes under Areas 5 & 6.
The local shuttle frequents at a 15-minute interval while the trunk line takes 10 minutes.

There will be a total of 1,257 new bus stops with information panels to provide commuters with information on the routes and bus numbers.

Mohd Ali said the express line plying KL Sentral to Klang makes two stops at Batu 10 and Asia Jaya (Armada Hotel and Petaling Jaya Hilton).

“By Saturday (tomorrow), the old service in Shah Alam, Petaling Jaya, Puchong, Subang, Subang Jaya, Damansara and Klang comes to an end as the new service takes over,” he said at a media briefing at the Rangkaian Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd head office off Jalan Lapangan Terbang Subang in Petaling Jaya on Wednesday.

Mohd Ali said Rapid KL was preparing for the inevitable alternative in travel in the Klang Valley.

“By Sept 23 (tomorrow), Rapid KL’s basic bus network system will be in place.

“With the new system, we are giving our customers assurance in timing as timing was rather unpredictable with the old system,” he said.

He added that the bus network system formed the last mile in completing the existing rail network system.

“We have done comprehensive coverage of the rail system in the city centre and the bus network supports this system as our buses are connected to the rail.

“The rail system alone cannot take the movement of the Klang Valley’s 4.7 million population and that is why we have 26 trunk lines in place.

“The trunk line is similar to the rail as it caters to the main corridor,” he said, adding that the Federal Highway was an important corridor in Areas 5 & 6.

Mohd Ali said from September to March, the sub-trunk lines connecting to the urban areas would be introduced gradually.

Areas 5 & 6 also see the introduction of Rapid KL’s second sub-trunk line from Bandar Utama to Metro Prima in Kepong.

The first sub-trunk line was from Bandar Utama to Putrajaya.

Mohd Ali said when the entire bus network system was completed, Rapid KL would cover 979 housing estates whereas the old system serviced only 600 housing areas in the Klang Valley.

Since January, Rapid KL has launched

Area 1 with its city shuttle service covering areas in the city;
Area 2 - Rawang, Kepong, Batu Caves, Gombak and Selayang;
Area 3 - Taman Melawati, Hulu Kelang, Wangsa Maju, Setapak, Keramat, Pandan and Ampang; and
Area 4 - Cheras, Sungai Besi, Balakong, Seri Kembangan, Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Serdang, Bangi, Kajang and Hulu Langat.

For details, call toll free line 1-800-388-228.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:12 AM   #44
travellator
klite

Likes (Received): 33

Single bus and LRT ticket by year end

By CHOW HOW BAN

COMMUTERS in the Klang Valley may get to use a common ticket to travel around by bus and light rail transit by the end of the year.

Rapid KL chief executive officer Rein Westra said the development of the common ticketing system using Touch N Go would likely be completed within these two months.

“It looks like we will be getting the full roll-up before the end of the year,” he said at a press conference held at the company’s headquarters in Petaling Jaya on Oct 31.

“The end result of that should be you will be able to go to a point-of-sale and buy a RM25-per-month travel card using Touch N Go that a lot of people already have to travel by any (Rapid KL) bus and train.”

At present, Touch N Go readers are already in place at the Kelana Jaya and Ampang/Seri Petaling Lines but many commuters who are not monthly travel cardholders pay for their bus fare on the bus.

“What we are looking for now is to reprogramme these (Touch N Go reading) machines so that they can take your monthly travel cards as well and touch in and out for a 30-day period.

“The innovative part is that the month of the card that you buy can start from the 1st, 13th or 20th day. So it is no longer necessary for you to buy the card exactly on the first day of the month. You just decide when is most convenient for you to start your monthly travel card cycle.

“On top of that, we will be able to use the same card for bus and rail on a monthly travel basis, a single-trip basis or on a day-card basis,” he said.

He added that points-of-sale would be available at LRT stations and the company was looking to increase the number of points-of-sale.

On the construction of proper city hubs, namely Titiwangsa, KL Sentral, KLCC, Medan Pasar and Maluri, he said such projects required a slightly longer planning process which involved City Hall and developers who are operating around the hubs.

“We are discussing in detail the actual traffic flow in these locations to see how they can accommodate the buses around their developments.

“Meanwhile, we are looking at the traffic flow and what we can do short-term at street level – City Hall has already done much by providing shelter at the Titiwangsa exchange area,” he said.

These city hubs are where city shuttle and trunk buses meet. Under the new bus network which was launched in January, commuters will only have to wait for 15 minutes for a local shuttle and switch to a trunk bus that runs at a 10-minute frequency to link to the hubs.

From the hubs, they can take a city shuttle, with a five-minute frequency, to get to their final destination.

On the expansion of the LRT network, Westra said Syarikat Prasarana, local authorities and various government agencies are deciding precisely where the new routes would be.
travellator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM   #45
Pablo
Jian Fa

Likes (Received): 1

Is there any discount for the student to buy that touch n go card?...
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #46
KhApZ!

Likes (Received): 0

Wow! So now from Subang Jaya I can catch a bus into the city is it?
KhApZ! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #47
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellator View Post
Single bus and LRT ticket by year end

By CHOW HOW BAN

COMMUTERS in the Klang Valley may get to use a common ticket to travel around by bus and light rail transit by the end of the year.
Do you have a link or source for the article? Id like to see the full page.

I have noticed the TnG readers on many of the newer rapidKL buses...but the system sounds like it may be confusing.

I dunno about the Rm25 per month travel card...how would that be possible or even affordable for the company....

As for ideas of maxing out your TnG card at RM4 per day (or RM7 if you board the LRT) that seems like a pretty complicated piece of software.

As for SPNB and the planned routes...well, I do hope that they can be bothered to inform the public about their plans sometime soon....since I can bet that most if not all of the planners actually dont use public transit...they might need to get some info about what it is really like....before they start rolling things out.

Cheers, m
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #48
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 6

Hi,

Just wanna make short report on the Rapid KL feeder service in Wangsa Maju.I used the feeder bus servive and the Kelana Jaya Line for a short visit to KLCC for the first time since returning from OZ last Monday.

Firstly,the bus stop.Rapid KL has finally placed a rudimentary information post with rudimentary information about the bus routes.The post was not helpful coz since it's printed,the rain I believe damaged the information sheet,Rapid KL should printed the routes on plastic sheets or at least laminate the printed bus route info sheet.Anyway,I waited for exactly 10 minutes and the bus came.The feeder bus seems to be the old city buses and probably transferred to the local bus services.Anyway,the bus was a bit better than the dilapidated Putraline buses.The Touch n Go reader,disappointingly,was damaged and I had to buy the manual ticket.The local bus ticket could be used until midnight,and only costs RM1,I like this new ticketing system.What I really dislike about the feeder bus is that the driver stops the bus in the middle of the oad rather than park close to the bus stop,being used to Adelaide's excellent bus drivers attitude,this attitute of the Malaysian bus driver disgust me.

Second Kelana Jaya Line Wangsa Maju station.The stations seems OK,abit dirty with signs of tear and wear very evident.The Wangsa Maju station is among the most utilized station in KL.3 of the ticket machines were out of service while the remaining ones would not accept paper money.Tried to reload my touch n go but the service was OFF LINE,I know this coz the person behind the counter just geleng her head rather than speak to me,hmm...did not know Rapid KL hire mute personnel .

Thirdly,on the LRT. The first thing I notice boarding the LRT was the extremely dilapidated condition of the LRT floors whic were flaking and peeling.It was an eyesore and I keep looking at the floor with disgust.The aircond were also dripping with condensed water and trickled on me.

Fourthly,the KLCC station. The lights were strangely dimmed.Perhaps I noticed this coz I am used to the brightly lit metro stations in Adelaide.I felt really uncomfortable in the dim light. The escalator was very slow,people crowded at the foot of the escalator.Meanwhile,the rubbish bins in the station were so dirty and stained with black marks,they were a real ayesore.When I returned to the station,I face the same problem when trying to use the ticketing machines.There were a couple of Mat Salleh who tried unsuccessfuly to buy a ticket from these machines,they looked frustrayed and eventually joined the long queue for the manual ticket.I was lucky to have enough change.

Fifthly,back at the Wangsa Maju station.The feeder bus fortunately just arrived and I managed to get a swift ride back to section 5 Wangsa Maju.I believed I rode a different bus than the first bus,this bus seems more noisy and I can smell petrol inside the bus.I got an astmatic attack for the first time in several months in that bus!!!!Don't worry,I had my inhaler with me.

Observation
-bus ticketing improved(the only obvious improvement)
-feeder bus abit OK than before,but still dirty and bad driver attitude.
-Stations look dirty and need refurbishment.
-Underground station at KLCC poorly lit.
-Escalator so slow,I noticed that escalators at metro stations in Adelaide and Melboure are alot faster.
-Interiors of LRT especially the rubber coated floors look extremely dilapidated,probably due to the large number of people using it everyday.

Conclusion
Public tranport in KL is still in bad condition.Not much improvement since I returned.It has gotten worse in terms of the infrastructure and the conditions of the buses and LRTs but I believe the frequency of the Wangsa Maju local bus has improved slightly,not sure about other areas. IMO.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #49
argory

Likes (Received): 55

You should mail them (Rapid KL) your detailed observations because it may help. It's worth a try anyway. I noticed the peeling/ cracking floors on the LRT too.

I believe you're aware that the PUTRA LRT is currently heavily used, and is running above capacity during peak hours. News reports have indicated that they will change their trains soon to accomodate the growing demand, etc., but not sure when though. Some stations are looking run down, got to agree with you on that.
argory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:13 AM   #50
allurban
All Urban

forrestcat,

Right now the Touch n go readers on RapidKL buses are not being used, but there is a plan to have a new touch n go service on buses for the new year.

Im just curious...did you see a yellow reader or a black reader?

One tiny problem I have with the readers is that the screen information...is so hard to see...

As for the buses...RapidKL has bought many dozens of buses from two Chinese companies, DongFeng and AnYuan.

These new Chinese buses are being used on most of the RapidKL routes. You can tell the difference by looking at the paint colour...the new buses are beige and the old ones are white.

The new buses are more modern and definitely cleaner than the older RapidKL buses--usually HICOM or IVECO (Fiat)--and Putraline buses--Daimlers or Dennis Darts--but Im surprised that the Wangsa Maju area hasnt got the new buses.

Your observations about the LRT line and coaches are spot on...a huge disappointment...poor maintenance is the issue.

As for the drivers stopping in the wrong spot...disappointing. Please email Mr. Mok Yoke Wah, Customer Relationship Management, at ccmok@lrt.rapidkl.com.my to let him know the problem....you can also email to suggest@rapidkl.com.my.

Cheers, m
Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:11 AM   #51
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 6

I noticed there are some new feeder buses serving the Wangsa Maju area but the old buses are still mostly used.I got to used the new bus 3 days ago,It was very comfortable.I believe they rotate the buses to serve the different parts of Wangsa Maju.But the black TnG reader can't be used,a paper taped on it said it's under testing.Hopefuly the old buses would be phased out soon,they are just too old to serve the hilly conditions of Wangsa Maju.

Overall the local bus service has improved,I see the feeder buses relatively more frequent and quite full most of the time thanks perhaps to the new ticketing system.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #52
^tamago^

^tamago^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #53
marcusaffleck
BANNED

but just for ur info, the buses are made by MTrans..don't belove, go near it and you will see Mtrans logo around the bus
marcusaffleck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #54
allurban
All Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusaffleck View Post
but just for ur info, the buses are made by MTrans..don't belove, go near it and you will see Mtrans logo around the bus
That's what I thought at first too....but so far I have seen 6 different types of "new" buses for RapidKL.

The first City Shuttle buses had an MTrans logo on them to the side of the frong of the bus...but in the centre of the front of the bus is another round logo (resembles an oval with a leaf inside)

I found out this is the logo of DongFeng company...

Ive seen the pictures of the ceremonies when these companies handed over the buses to RapidKL...on their websites

The 2nd type (appearing in March 06 with the expansion to area 2) is also (I believe) a Dong Feng product. It resembles the first city shuttle but with a different headlight design and narrower doors and it has stairs. The 3rd type is a bus that is very similar to the IVECO buses (or the HICOM copy) with a square, tall body. This bus appeared in July 06. The 4th type of bus is also a Dong Feng low floor product with the brand name Higer, and the 5th type of bus is another low floor bus by AnYuan Bus Company, with the brand name AYVIP.

I havent had a close look at the 6th type yet, I only noticed in a week ago.

If anyone is interested in this, try to id the buses as they pass you by...I do this when Im stuck in the jam :-P

If some more photos can be posted here, we could try to id the 6 types of buses.

Cheers, m

Last edited by allurban; January 12th, 2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #55
klbloke
klbloke

Major upgrade for RapidKL

Major upgrade for RapidKL

Updated : 26-03-2007
Media : The Star
Story By : N/A
via www.biznewsdb.com

PETALING JAYA: RapidKL is revitalising its bus network, which should see major improvements over the existing one that was introduced in January last year.

Without going into too much detail, RapidKL chief operating officer Mohd Ali Mohd Nor said the company would announce the improvements for the 4,000 sq km network it covers in the Klang Valley next month.
ˇ§For a start, the issue of too many transfers will be dealt with almost immediately. There will be minimal transfers,ˇ¨ he said.

Mohd Ali added that MPs and residential association heads of the six areas serviced by RapidKL buses would be briefed on the upcoming changes.

Mohd Ali is also inviting the public to provide feedback on what they expect from the bus company in order to convert car users to bus users.

ˇ§If you compare the network from what it was before we took over, there has been a lot of improvement. There is certainty in getting a bus now, with a 30-minute waiting time being terrible.

ˇ§So the question is, what are the public's expectations of a bus company in KL considering we are limited by certain factors,ˇ¨ he added.

Mohd Ali said the process of getting bus lanes approved was slow but should bus lanes work as they were meant to, then RapidKL would definitely be speedier and people could afford to wake up 30 minutes later for work.

ˇ§I don't think many people enjoy driving their cars into the city these days. But the only reason the bus is no better than the car is because buses also get stuck in traffic jams.

ˇ§One of the main purposes of RapidKL coming into the picture is to attract car users, but we need to know what they want and expect,ˇ¨ he said.

However, Mohd Ali admitted that it was a chicken-and-egg situation as long as there was no compelling reason for car users to switch.

ˇ§The public transport system has to be in place first with the proper infrastructure, then the different measures to push people towards public transport can be implemented.ˇ¨

Mohd Ali said RapidKL was getting to that stage of readiness, noting that ridership had increased by about 40% when the local, trunk and city shuttle services were introduced last year.

www.biznewsdb.com
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #56
allurban
All Urban

Changes to RapidKL bus services April 21 2007 ???

Interesting changes are afoot for rapidKL. There are plans to interline some of the Bas Utama and Bas Tempatan Routes to allow for less transfers.

Changes to Area 2 (Kepong and Segambut) and Area 4 (Cheras) have been announced....when will the meeting be for Subang Jaya, I wonder.

Rapid KL tweaks Bandar Tun Razak routes

New Rapid KL routes for Kepong and Segambut folk

According to the content of the first article, rapidKL is making significant changes in the BTR and Cheras bus services.

According to the second article, similar streamlining is taking place in Kepong and Segambut.

To summarize the changes

First, buses will now have a letter in front of the route # to explain what type of service is being offered.

(technically, the numbers were supposed to do this e.g. 1XX is city shuttle and 5XX is area 5 shuttle...but I guess it wasnt enough).

The new codes will be

TXXX for bas tempatan (local shuttle)
UXX for bas utama (trunk buses)
BXXX for bas bandar (city shuttles)

The main thing here is that the TXX routes (like T63) will now become UXX (so does this mean route U63?).

Side Note:

I wonder why rapidKL likes this idea but my suggestion of using K (e.g. 521K) and L (623L) to designate feeder buses going to Komuter and LRT stations was rejected....

I suppose that if both ideas were accepted, 623 will become T623L :p

Another feature of the new plan is that the trunk buses will now pass through the LRT/City Shuttle hub at Maluri LRT station and continue on to Jalan Bukit Bintang. The purpose is to allow reduced numbers of transfers and, I suppose, encourage more users.

I suppose that this will mean two different types of buses (BXXX city shuttles and UXX trunk buses) running the same routes inside KL....

It also means that rapidKL is paying attention to the feedback and questioning of their bus system...with the trunk buses operating this new way...there is a connection to LRT (Maluri), monorail (Bukit Bintang) and a major part of the city centre (Bukit Bintang)...and this is good...

Less transfers is also a good thing...alot more direct service into the city and direct connections with the trunk/utama lines...is in the works...along with new trunk/utama lines and shuttle/tempatan routes.

Ok, keep an eye out on April 21 and see what happens
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:51 AM   #57
klbloke
klbloke

RapidKL Integrated Network of Klang Valley

Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM   #58
klbloke
klbloke

RapidKL Area 1 - Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur

http://www.rapidkl.com.my/rapidbus_cityshuttle.htm
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:37 AM   #59
johnsonooi
Proud to be Malaysian

Likes (Received): 50

During my holiday in KL, i went to KL bird park for a visit. There is a rapid kl bus service from KL Sentral to Parlimen. But I had waited for 2.5 hours to board. I asked the driver and he said that because of the route has a low yield, but the schedule said that it is 30 min btw departures!!!!
johnsonooi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM   #60
Skyprince
Asian boi

Eeh ? Really ?? I never had prob with Rapid KL. Always on time. The longest wait ever is 30 minutes for KL Sentral-Shah Alam bus.
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote