daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Completed Projects

Old May 6th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #121
Grenzschutz

Likes (Received): 0

anyone got appointment to take the keys?
Grenzschutz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 6th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #122
doodwong

Yes I have collected the key today. The process is smooth and the management officiers are very nice and helpful.
doodwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #123
devilplate

gr8...gona make a trip to view the final product.
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #124
Grenzschutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodwong View Post
Yes I have collected the key today. The process is smooth and the management officiers are very nice and helpful.
great news.

btw how did you check the Suspended TOP the last time?
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #125
limwsv

Hi,

How does one get the keys? Does the developer call you? Or send a letter?
Or you call the developer?
limwsv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #126
colourbox

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by limwsv View Post
Hi,

How does one get the keys? Does the developer call you? Or send a letter?
Or you call the developer?
lawyer will inform u
colourbox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #127
doodwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenzschutz View Post
great news.

btw how did you check the Suspended TOP the last time?
Just enter the project ID into BCA project status query screen will do.
doodwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:03 AM   #128
limwsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourbox View Post
lawyer will inform u
Thanks Colourbox.

It sounds like the developer's lawyer will inform via mail to go down to One Amber to collect the keys?

Does anyone which stack and which floor they have released the keys yet? I am getting a unit in Stack 22.

I heard that they do it in batches and I have seen an agent's photo of the inside of units with some that are in my stack.

Or is it only after we have paid the progressive payment for the TOP that the lawyer will contact us?
limwsv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #129
colourbox

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by limwsv View Post
Thanks Colourbox.

It sounds like the developer's lawyer will inform via mail to go down to One Amber to collect the keys?

Does anyone which stack and which floor they have released the keys yet? I am getting a unit in Stack 22.

I heard that they do it in batches and I have seen an agent's photo of the inside of units with some that are in my stack.

Or is it only after we have paid the progressive payment for the TOP that the lawyer will contact us?
can only collect keys after the payment is made, also survey fees and usually 6 months maintenance fees
colourbox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #130
Pegasus81

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodwong View Post
Which stack is yours? How's the finish? Any electrical appliances thrown in? Have given my cheque up to TOP payment. Thanks.
Pegasus81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #131
hairymonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus81 View Post
How's the finish? Any electrical appliances thrown in? Have given my cheque up to TOP payment. Thanks.
Finish:
  • marble flooring, tiling etc looks ok. On first impression hardly any defects.
  • painting as expected
  • wooden flooring: major defects. we are going to ask the developer to rip it all out and redo it from scratch. Seems like water damage: get the impression flooring was done before windows were completed and incoming rain damaged the wood. In our previous house we had wooden floor from same sub-contractor and that one was a 1000 times better. This will delay our moving in and is going to be a problem.
  • windows: in general ok, but handles have a lot of paint chips off and seem to be poor quality. Going to report this big time on defect checklist.
  • kitchen cabinents: probably as expected. We were planning to revamp the kitchen cabinets anyway as we were not expecting too much. Drawer rails and hinges a Blum Bluemotion, but woodwork is all locally made. Was expecting the full drawer from Blum with only front panel locally made, not only rails.

Appliances:
  • Bosch oven, hood. Bosch ceramic 2 pit hob in dry kitchen. Bosch 3 pit gas hob in wet kitchen.
  • Joven electric storeage heater - handover checklist says Gas Storage water heater as says the purchase contract. Need to sort that out on Monday.
Nothing which was not on the contract. One major problem for me: space for Fridge is 89cm wide and my current fridge is 90 cm wide

Going to do detail check for defect reporting tomorrow. Will be a long list (as expected).

Need to invest in curtains so I can not see neighbours and neighbours can not see me
hairymonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #132
Pegasus81

Hairy monkey,
Thanks for that. Is yours a 3-bedder? Thanks.
Pegasus81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #133
hairymonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus81 View Post
Hairy monkey,
Thanks for that. Is yours a 3-bedder? Thanks.
4-bedder
hairymonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #134
Grenzschutz

That's not good. Electric heaters are more expensive to use than gas heaters.
Different units may have diff heaters, according to their table of specs. And gas heaters are not possible if your bathrooms are far from the kitchen. Maybe they did not do the handover checklist properly?

Aside from the water damage, I noticed that alot of units had very bad gaps in the flooring. Hopefully they are willing to replace your flooring rather than just polish / grind it away. It can only be ground a limited number of times.

I've been into many units before during the construction period. I guess the most unsatisfactory thing is the flooring. Most units had it very bad. The kitchen cabinet quality is the second worst. The little dustbin inside the cabinet door also probably doesn't work.

One more thing- check your bathroom tiles. Alot of units had big gaps, esp where the ledge to put soap is. This will get dirty with time.

Also, check whether your household shelter door can close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymonkey View Post
Finish:
  • painting as expected
  • wooden flooring: major defects. we are going to ask the developer to rip it all out and redo it from scratch. Seems like water damage: get the impression flooring was done before windows were completed and incoming rain damaged the wood. In our previous house we had wooden floor from same sub-contractor and that one was a 1000 times better. This will delay our moving in and is going to be a problem.
  • windows: in general ok, but handles have a lot of paint chips off and seem to be poor quality. Going to report this big time on defect checklist.
  • kitchen cabinents: probably as expected. We were planning to revamp the kitchen cabinets anyway as we were not expecting too much. Drawer rails and hinges a Blum Bluemotion, but woodwork is all locally made. Was expecting the full drawer from Blum with only front panel locally made, not only rails.

Appliances:
  • Bosch oven, hood. Bosch ceramic 2 pit hob in dry kitchen. Bosch 3 pit gas hob in wet kitchen.
  • Joven electric storeage heater - handover checklist says Gas Storage water heater as says the purchase contract. Need to sort that out on Monday.
Nothing which was not on the contract. One major problem for me: space for Fridge is 89cm wide and my current fridge is 90 cm wide

Going to do detail check for defect reporting tomorrow. Will be a long list (as expected).

Need to invest in curtains so I can not see neighbours and neighbours can not see me

Last edited by Grenzschutz; May 9th, 2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #135
Grenzschutz

Anyone else have experience with this contractor?

China Construction (South Pacific) Development Co Pte Ltd
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #136
Property_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymonkey View Post
Finish:
  • painting as expected

Appliances:

omg, finishing so bad? lucky i got it cheap will revamp e whole unit before renting out.
Property_owner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #137
devilplate

any1 rented out their 2/3bedders?

actual transaction price...tks
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #138
Property_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilplate View Post
any1 rented out their 2/3bedders?

actual transaction price...tks

why you asking around abt rental?
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #139
devilplate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Property_owner View Post
why you asking around abt rental?
to see any1 tok up or down the rental market
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #140
Property_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilplate View Post
to see any1 tok up or down the rental market
me hold first, test test market. never rent out too fast..patience patience...looking @ 4.5 abt