daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Lebanon > Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #1
Beiruti

Likes (Received): 69

#PROJECT-Mt. Sannine: "Sannine Zenith" | Resort

Sannine Zenith

Mountain Resort

www.sanninezenith.com

Sannine Zenith Lebanon Project

Owner: Gulf Finance & Investment Co. and Al Salam Holding. (www.alsalamholding.com)

The Sannine Zenith Lebanon project aims to position Lebanon as the ultimate holiday destination. A world class, multipurpose, family oriented, 4 season resort. The location enjoys a well conceived community environment and one of the most extensive recreation, sports, leisure and business facilities.

This US$ 1.4 Billion project will be built on a 96.000.000m² plot of land (nearly 1% of Lebanon) located in the area of Bidnayel that begins east of Faraya and ends in the Bekaa.

It will consist three different villages and of a three, four and five star hotels, condominiums, private lots, commercial neighbourhoods & recreational facilities including hiking, mountain climbing, camping, basketball & tennis courts, 2 golf courses, swimming & diving pools, skiing... It will include a heliport.

Quote:
Comfortably nestled amid a landscape of unspoilt natural beauty and of majestic mountain splendor, Sannine Zenith Lebanon offers all the modern amenities of a small town.

Boasting an array of attractions unequalled by any other mountain holiday resort through out Lebanon and the Middle East, Sannine Zenith Lebanon’s delights are splendidly diverse; a holiday, sports and health resort all rolled in one. Regardless of the changing seasons almost every type of sport is catered for at the resort. Winter allows an indulgence in both downhill and cross country skiing, sharing its passions for snowboarding and ice-sport while summer throws open the outdoors to those keen on hiking, running, mountain biking, golfing and a world of water sports hitherto unimagined in Lebanon at such elevations. Tennis, squash, horse-riding, and paragliding will remain as year-round attractions.

Aiming to establish itself as a successful and competitive international resort venue Sannine Zenith Lebanon underlines its key strength by offering a wonderful combination of leisure and relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of city life. A place like no other where meeting people, partaking in a choice of winter or summer sports or just laying back to unwind are enjoyed in a location within easy reach. So accessible, this unique resort is just a 70 minute drive from Beirut through various access roads.

Sannine Zenith Lebanon will become a viable alternative to traditional seaside resorts and to travellers who seek their vacation pleasures abroad. In this sense, Sannine Zenith Lebanon will be created into a world class multi-purpose family-oriented four seasons resort.

Promoting a well-conceived community environment and one of the most extensive recreation, sports and leisure facilities in the region, Sannine Zenith Lebanon will offer patrons an opportunity to own residential properties that range from private homes to apartments in complexes and buildings. The project also provides for commercial properties and related business and conferencing facilities.

The project’s components including its unique site, the location and the concept form the building blocks that will lead to the establishment of a resort community. These components are characterized by distinctive attributes which are in line with the latest trends in real estate development projects and which meet highest international standards.

Map:

Last edited by Beiruti; March 20th, 2008 at 05:37 AM.
Beiruti no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:34 AM   #2
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 922

Well,construction was supposed to begin early 2005,but i don't think that really happened,is there any construction out there????????
Hassoun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #3
Beiruti

Winter Olympics soon in Lebanon?

Quote:
Sannine Zenith Lebanon, the largest tourist project ever planned in the region, will start issuing Global Deposit Receipts (GDRs) in nearly one month to raise the $1.4 billion investment necessary to start the construction of Phase I. Amine told The Daily Star on Thursday that as soon as the construction begins, it will take Al Salam three years to complete Phase I of the project, which comprises the development of the ski resort and the main infrastructure works.

“The entire project will be completed by 2010 and when finished, Lebanon will be ready to submit its candidature for the Winter Olympics,” said Amine.

According to the public relations manager, Sannine Zenith will be able to host the bulk of the events necessary to submit for the Winter Olympics since there is already an international sports village included in the plans.
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #4
Beiruti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassoun
Well,construction was supposed to begin early 2005,but i don't think that really happened,is there any construction out there????????

Good point, I would really like to know what the status of the construction is...
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #5
nareg

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beirut!
Good point, I would really like to know what the status of the construction is...
To the best of my knowledge, nothing still on the ground. There were political problems regarding this project between slain former PM Rafik Hariri and Mr. Lahoud.
nareg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #6
Jayme
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 6

is there any renderings of what there going to 2 do
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #7
Lebanese Cedar

Likes (Received): 25

The project is still in the planning phase, I'm not sure if/when they were supposed to start construction. There are some problems with the EIS (Environmental Impact Survey), particularly since the basins around Mt. Sannine hold a lot of valuable fresh water.

It was downsized shortly before Hariri's assassination. It was originally going to be 96 million square meters, but instead will be 72 million square meters to reduce environmental impact and reduce costs to $1.2 billion.
Lebanese Cedar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #8
Jayme
Melburnian

72 million is still big !
Old June 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #9
Jayme
Melburnian

i'll love to have a Holiday in Zennith sannine

i herd its going to be envirommentaly safe area
those pics are nice i allways wounderd what it will look like
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #10
B-Patriot

Likes (Received): 5

Wow, winter olympics, very ambitious

So how far is this place from downtown Beirut..!?
B-Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #11
Jayme
Melburnian

i read in wikipedia that Lebanon wants to most the summer Olpypics in 2024
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:25 AM   #12
Beiruti

It's a shame to see this thread slip away... has anyone heard anything about this major project???
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:16 PM   #13
nareg

Nothing...

If they started construction in summer 2005 (which I doubt), everything now is supposed to be halted because of three factors: Ongoing political crisis (this project is 100% related to Lebanon's politics), July War and now its winter and there is snow all over the place.
nareg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:10 AM   #14
Lebanese Cedar

Likes (Received): 25

This project is dead.
Lebanese Cedar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #15
Lirtain

Likes (Received): 4

Approximate location of the project if it gonna happen (Thanks Nadini for the pic)

Lirtain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #16
Ramazzotti
Eros

Likes (Received): 7

thanks Lirtain!! i thought it was closer to Sannine !!
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #17
Beiruti

Intersting, how did you determine this Lirtain?
Old January 27th, 2007, 05:24 AM   #18
Lirtain

Likes (Received): 4

I relied on the project map.. obviously the margin of error is high as it's just a hand drawn estimate. I meant only to give a rough idea where the project is. Since the project area is huge (~ 1 % of Lebanon), tools would be needed to draw the exact location.

Ramzi if you look at the map (below) Sannine does not seem that close. I assumed it will be in the middle of the project when I first heard the name!

Lirtain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 03:28 AM   #19
lebgurl

do u think this'll put ATCL out of business??? or will it be like the cool place to go and ATCL will b the loser's new hangout? I really dont wanna c other resorts go
lebgurl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #20
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 922

lebgurl,,,u mean faraya ski resort,or Atcl at kaslik?????????lol,i'm confused,,but if u mean faraya,,,it'll have a minor effect i guess,koz hopefully when sannine zenith is complete,,,there wil be better days for lebanon and many tourists.