daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #2021
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 94739

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCBob View Post
I agree with the sentiments that Moscow now has the best skyline in all of Europe. Not just the height, but also (especially) the unique and memorable designs of the each of the scrapers give Moscow the edge! Keep it up!
I am from Moscow and I don't think that Moscow skyline is the best. What I really dislike about Moscow-City business district is that all the towers are huge e.g. Very thick. The whole plot is rather small compared to the city's territory. So we get just a handful of towers, very close to one another and it gives the feeling of a very small yet very tall part of the city. I don't think it is a skyline indeed. In terms of Moscow it looks a bit like the Taipei 101 in Taipei. Hope you understand what I mean.

To me still La Defense is a more harmonious, various and interesting skyline though I know well towers there are much lower.

Moscow city would have better have more slimmer towers on the same footprint, it would have made a larger impression.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #2022
Dwotci
Яegistered User

Likes (Received): 50

And I do like that the towers are close to each other, it gives an impression of a high-rise "island" in a huge sea of low-rise city I don't think slimmer building in the MIBC would look right, because with space between building they won't really look like a cluster.
Dwotci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #2023
SSCBob

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
I am from Moscow and I don't think that Moscow skyline is the best. What I really dislike about Moscow-City business district is that all the towers are huge e.g. Very thick. The whole plot is rather small compared to the city's territory. So we get just a handful of towers, very close to one another and it gives the feeling of a very small yet very tall part of the city. I don't think it is a skyline indeed. In terms of Moscow it looks a bit like the Taipei 101 in Taipei. Hope you understand what I mean.

To me still La Defense is a more harmonious, various and interesting skyline though I know well towers there are much lower.

Moscow city would have better have more slimmer towers on the same footprint, it would have made a larger impression.
Interesting point; I understand what you are saying.
SSCBob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2024
DarkShadows1966
Construction Updater

Likes (Received): 460

Is there a thread of the Federation Towers?

------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ME AMADEUS -Falco
Vote here: https://goo.gl/CbXQB7
DarkShadows1966 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #2025
BlackShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows1966 View Post
Is there a thread of the Federation Towers?
Yep.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=320686
BlackShark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #2026
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Look so "bald" with no spire...
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #2027
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwotci View Post
And I do like that the towers are close to each other, it gives an impression of a high-rise "island" in a huge sea of low-rise city I don't think slimmer building in the MIBC would look right, because with space between building they won't really look like a cluster.
The "problem" is that Moscow indeed is not low-rise. If we get to the South West, we'll see there a real skyline of lots of residential buildings (over 50), both commieblocks and nice towers, most of them are in the neighborhood of 100 - 130 meters, which can be compared to la Defence. Moscow City business district, however, has just a few towers, less than ten actually, and it doesn't give the feeling that it is a DISTRICT, unlike la Defence. But if you measure on Google, you'll find the distance from 3 Circular road to Bagration Bridge is some 800 meters! On this distance we have only FOUR towers (Naberezhnaya tower, 2 Capital City towers and Imperia). That's sounds and looks weird. Esplanade de la Defence is 1,2 km long - only 1,5 times as big, but there are much more towers.

As I said above, the problem is that Moscow itself is a tall city, so, Moscow City's skyscrapers are almost all now over 200 meters. But they have to be 5 - 10 times more numerous to shape a really impressive skyline.

Old January 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #2028
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
The "problem" is that Moscow indeed is not low-rise. If we get to the South West, we'll see there a real skyline of lots of residential buildings (over 50), both commieblocks and nice towers, most of them are in the neighborhood of 100 - 130 meters, which can be compared to la Defence. Moscow City business district, however, has just a few towers, less than ten actually, and it doesn't give the feeling that it is a DISTRICT, unlike la Defence. But if you measure on Google, you'll find the distance from 3 Circular road to Bagration Bridge is some 800 meters! On this distance we have only FOUR towers (Naberezhnaya tower, 2 Capital City towers and Imperia). That's sounds and looks weird. Esplanade de la Defence is 1,2 km long - only 1,5 times as big, but there are much more towers.

As I said above, the problem is that Moscow itself is a tall city, so, Moscow City's skyscrapers are almost all now over 200 meters. But they have to be 5 - 10 times more numerous to shape a really impressive skyline.
Any photos? I'd like to see this region
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #2029
VitMos

Likes (Received): 1646

http://chistoprudov.livejournal.com/13693.html
by defenseur

VitMos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #2030
_Night City Dream_

14 .01. 2012.

Old January 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #2031
erdnisloed

Likes (Received): 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Earth View Post
Don't be stupid, very single country on earth has an abandoned building.
But I do have to agree with you on BEST IN EUROPE!
Yes indeed ! :
In the late 1990ies I was amased to find in the very heart of Washington DC, few hundred meters West from central station, an half demolished district of victorian style abandonned buildings with the same broken glass at the windows and to find them again unchanged 7 years later... The same with an entire district of houses at a metro station West of the natural history museum in Chicago !

So the average height of 15 storeys found in the suburb of Moscow is similar to the height of the average buildings in NYC outside the towers of course ! In Paris intra muros it's only 6 storeys because of the local rule of maximum height since the 25 m of the reign of Louis XVI..., then 31 to 37 m, except from 1961-1974, and until 2010... when tiny areas of 50 to 180 m were allowed (1) ! This difference of about 10 storeys of the general velum of both cities even explains why the impression from the higher visitors platform of the Eiffel tower is rather similar to the one from the Empire State building.

(1) http://www.paris.fr/pratique/Portal...._sheet_id=3280

Last edited by erdnisloed; January 16th, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
erdnisloed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #2032
4miGO!!!
GeNtLe UsEr

Likes (Received): 1229

Quote:

I have the same opinion. Moscow skyline doesnt look as cool as it should, the density and amount of high-rises isnt still able to change the situation. I do like the IBC cluster, but its small yet. Although, it reminds me of the business center of Shanghai (sorry, Night, i dont remember its name), lots of high-rises and a few gorgeous towers in between. Moscow's is less "futuristic" (i remember you wrote it felt like in future when you were in China on new year holidays), but the conceptions are alike, to my mind.
Old January 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #2033
_Night City Dream_

In Shanghai, I think, you're talking about Lujiazui, but it is completely different, being at least 10 times as much. I even can't say that Moscow City IBD is a skyline. It's just a handful of towers.

In Shanghai, there are more than 30 towers over 200 - 250 m in Lujiazui only, other higrises and skyscrapers being spread throughout in the city.

I think if we talk about Moscow skyline, we can't talk about MIBD yet. This is not a skyline. The skyline would be something in the post # 2029, mostly on the second picture.

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #2034
erdnisloed

Likes (Received): 337

Quote:
La Defense is nice from... far . Above all from the South, because despite its pear... shape plan, virtually all the towers miraculously follow a rectangular grid. And the East view is enhanced by the historical axis. But when you approach you notice that there are still some towers of the 1960-70ies which have not been reburbished yet (like the Aurore tower which will fortunately be destroyed soon to build another one and 4 or 5 others) and that french architects like... to add "personal" details which are sometimes too complicated or even avoid to reach true harmony like the external pilars of Atlantique tower painted in white instead of being black as the windows. So from near the feeling of homogeneity is reduced as long as these few towers will not be refurbished.

But let's come back to Moscow

Last edited by erdnisloed; January 16th, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
erdnisloed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #2035
-=JAG=-

Likes (Received): 31

First they have to build all towers in IBC ; also there is an Second Project , called IBC 2 with smaller buildings around....when everything is build , we will see...
-=JAG=- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #2036
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Timelapse

Old January 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2037
Los Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitMos View Post
Quote:

I'm sorry but that region doesn't look like a skyline at all, the buildings are all commieblocks and all of them are wider than taller. Maybe if they were not shaped like that but like a real "building" i would agree with you.
But like a region like that.. no
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #2038
VitMos

Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Earth View Post
I'm sorry but that region doesn't look like a skyline at all, the buildings are all commieblocks and all of them are wider than taller. Maybe if they were not shaped like that but like a real "building" i would agree with you.
But like a region like that.. no
It not absolutely successful photos
On skyline it looks better, than IBC
VitMos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #2039
Los Earth

I'm just curious are you using english translation?
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #2040
Overdogs

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitMos View Post
It not absolutely successful photos
On skyline it looks better, than IBC
That is a fantastic picture, amazing skyline. Thanks VitMos

Tags
europe, ibc, moscow, tallest, tower