daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 17th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #2201
mr. MyXiN
Moderator
 
mr. MyXiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MOSCOW
Posts: 15,696
Likes (Received): 62529

17.03.12

__________________

Zaz965 liked this post
mr. MyXiN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #2202
GoR_Vrn
Registered User
 
GoR_Vrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,157
Likes (Received): 941

Final setback!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-Pushka View Post
19.03.12

А не скос ли это уже?!)


ęMercury-city toweĽ на Яндекс.Фотках

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evrasia 99911 View Post
На снимке видна вот эта часть - начало скоса.

GoR_Vrn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #2203
Los Earth
Registered User
 
Los Earth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 162

When I first heard that they were starting another setback, I was sooo excited (because I thought they were starting another level on floors) but then I saw that it just on the " special cladding" so I was like -.-
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2204
Brad
voyageur
 
Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MoscoW, La Habana
Posts: 11,099
Likes (Received): 4241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Earth View Post
I was sooo excited (because I thought they were starting another level on floors)
They were talking about the next level.
__________________
"Главное - убрать Януковича. Хуже уже не будет" (с)
Украинский бестселлер 2017. "Как потерять друзей и не оказывать никакого влияния"
Brad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:47 AM   #2205
erdnisloed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,043
Likes (Received): 342

The photos of 9 and 10 March below, compared with the 3 above show that on 10 March the last half level visible below the boards was the #69 and that the double level 70 had not yet received its roof at 306.30 m (or 307.60 m : mr. MyXiN is not clear about this on pages 106 and 108 of this thread).
The 3 photos above seems to show that it is now completed and level #71 on the verge to begin, since the 1st and 3rd of this 3 photos above show that the boards have been risen to the same upper level on March 17. Consequently, the vertical iron bars that we can see above the boards on the left of the March 10 photo correspond now exactly to the concrete floor that we can see through the boards on the photo of March 19 above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izus67 View Post
09.03.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evrasia 99911 View Post
10.3.12
I remind too that the Shard has reached about 306 m on March 17 and needs only the last triangular 3 m high glass panel of each 3? pinacles to reach its top at 309 m.

So the race is launched again and will probably see its conclusion in the next 2 weeks or perhaps... less !

Le suspens est ŗ son comble !

Last edited by erdnisloed; March 21st, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
erdnisloed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM   #2206
erdnisloed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,043
Likes (Received): 342

The promised diagram of... mid-March (without the solution yet !)

So it gives according to mr. MyXiN :

Floor|Date|days|Height |Dif.|Thread page :
PS : the Height of a level corresponds to its top, generally reached rapidly when it begins by the vertical iron bars, as soon as they are visible
53 |20/05?|......|233.84|3.7|68
54 |........|.......|237.54|3.7|?
55 |........|.......|241.24|3.7|?
56 |02/06|.......|244.94|3.7|69
57 |09/06|07 d.|248.64|3.7|70
58 |15/06|06 d.|252.34|3.7|71
59A|22/06|07 d.|256.04|3.7|72
59B|29/06|07 d.|259.74|3.7|73, concrete blind level
60 |13/07|15 d.|263.44|3.7|73
61 |27/07|14 d.|267.14|3.7|77
62 |08/08|12 d.|270.84|3.7|78
63 |21/08|13 d.|274.54|3.7|81
64 |28/08|07 d.|278.40|3.9|82, last level of the middle bias
65 |05/09|08 d.|281.94|3.5|83
66 |22/09|17 d.|285.64|3.7|86
67 |27/11|66 d!|289.34|3.7|95
68 |17/12|20 d.|293.04|3.7|97
69 |08/01|22 d.|296.74|3.7|100
301,60 m of City of Capitals tower (highest in Europe)
70 |17/01|09 d.|303.20|6.46|103 (104 on 21/02) technical double level
71 |28/02|42 d!|306.30|3.10|108 technical level (begun on 08/02 and due to reach 307.60 m ? according to p. 106 ?)
Today 21/03 : "level 72" seems to have begun since we can see the first vertical iron bars on the photo below
(addition : this is confirmed below by the post of March 22 of mr. MyXiN : 310,8 m)
So ? :
PS : by facility I call the next progress "levels" even if Mr. MyXiN still include them in the last technical level #70
72 |soon?|310 m?, first level of last bias before eventual "spire"?
73 |??/??|313.7 m?
74 |??/??|317.4 m?
75 |??/??|321.1 m?
76?|??/??|324.8 m? or 326,86 m according to mr. MyXiN on February 29?
Eventual metal? "spire"? 332 m

Moscow temperature : http://www.gismeteo.ru/city/daily/4368/ (+1 į C today March 21)

Russian MCT thread : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...909&highlight=

Caution : The form of the real tower above level 69 is different from the diagram below :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultEmate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-Pushka View Post
21.03.12 Арматура нашлась


ęMercury-city towerĽ на Яндекс.Фотках
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. MyXiN;89694854 on March 22, 2012
Brad, ~ 310,8

GoR_Vrn, нет, не будет, сейчас ядро на 70б этаже, т.к. 67 этаж двойной - технический.

Last edited by erdnisloed; May 23rd, 2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: date
erdnisloed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:08 AM   #2207
Los Earth
Registered User
 
Los Earth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnisloed View Post

I remind too that the Shard has reached about 306 m on March 17 and needs only the last triangular 3 m high glass panel of each 3? pinacles to reach its top at 309 m.

So the race is launched again and will probably see its conclusion in the next 2 weeks or perhaps... less !

Le suspens est ŗ son comble !
Where did you get this information?
The most it got to is a little over 300 meters which happened a couple days ago.
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:16 AM   #2208
ultEmate
ульт
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,152
Likes (Received): 26033

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnisloed View Post
I remind too that the Shard has reached about 306 m on March 17 and needs only the last triangular 3 m high glass panel of each 3? pinacles to reach its top at 309 m.

So the race is launched again and will probably see its conclusion in the next 2 weeks or perhaps... less !

Le suspens est ŗ son comble !
What race? Mercury is already higher than Shard will ever be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. MyXiN View Post
22.03.12

~ 310,8 m


Last edited by ultEmate; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
ultEmate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM   #2209
erdnisloed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 1,043
Likes (Received): 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Earth View Post
Where did you get this information?
The most it got to is a little over 300 meters which happened a couple days ago.
OK.

I made this mistake because of the forum of the Shard itself.
Somebody showed on March 9 a drawing of the finished tower with the very long... last glass panels of 10 m high like on the diagram above [PS : this diagram and its post which were
just above have been suppressed while I was answering !] but several... others denied it... (see the photos below) and showed a drawing were the last panel was about the same height
than the 7 superposed metallic "squares" composing the structure of the pinacles put on March 17 (8 lenghts in total).
So, as somebody said on Wikipedia that the Shard had reached the level of MCT and since I couldn't find the precised actual height of Shard on its forum... for this day..., I considered
309(1)-285 = 24/8 = 3 m for the last panel and consequently 3 x 7 = 21 + 285 = 306 m for the tower height on March 17 !!
(1) height on their posts.
Now if you say that the last panels will be the long ones of 10 m (rather dangerous in case of storm !), the Shard has indeed never reached the level of MCT.
In the other case, if the last Shard glass panel is indeed 3 m high, as I first calculated, the Shard with 306 m on March 17, 2012 didn't reached neither MCT with already 306.30... m
on February 28.

CONGRATULATION Moscow : you won !
MCT became definitely the highest tower in Europe on January 17, 2012 and remained it
until today March 22, 2012 when, with 310,80 m, it finally surpassed the final futur height of the Shard (309 m or? 310 m?).

And thank you Mr. MyXiN (and... ultEmate) to have finally... reacted to my posts.
"Mieux vaut tard que jamais"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk View Post
March 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM

I just found this render on page 240, March 18th 2009. When the Shard was officially declared U/C!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnog View Post
March 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM

i don't think that is correct, it'll look more like this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
The real Shard on March 17, 2012 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Friar View Post
March 17th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Apologies for the poor quality pic.
Today's progress on the west side:
[IMG]http://i44.************/10xg0on.jpg[/IMG]
And today March 22, 2012 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
by chest
Today, 09:47 AM
PS of May 26 : Shard top-out 3... days later on March 25 with 309 m (instead of 306 m on March 17): http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...ostcount=23314
But has I said in my post 2386 I think that MCT had reached... the same 309 m for sure on March 22 (it was about 309.54 m on March 21) and even probably the 310.8 m told by mr. MyXiN. Then about 324.24 m on April 10, or few days before !
That's just "my opinion" : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2386
Nevertheless that doesn't change the fact that MCT reached 309 m first, JUST 3 days... before the Shard !!
.

Last edited by erdnisloed; July 13th, 2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: PS : Shard top-out
erdnisloed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:57 PM   #2210
Overdogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnisloed View Post

CONGRATULATION Moscow : you won !
I don’t know if it really has one, I was watching Americas top models the other day, the tall ugly girl didn’t win, it was the shorter prettier one. Weird I know, I think the producer of that show should have read this first to understand what real winning is. Charlie Sheen he would no, what a winner.
__________________
Sorry about my spelling and punctuation, I no itís a series problem.
Overdogs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM   #2211
ultEmate
ульт
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,152
Likes (Received): 26033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdogs View Post
I donít know if it really has one, I was watching Americas top models the other day, the tall ugly girl didnít win, it was the shorter prettier one. Weird I know, I think the producer of that show should have read this first to understand what real winning is. Charlie Sheen he would no, what a winner.


It other words - f*ck off.
ultEmate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:14 PM   #2212
Overdogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultEmate View Post

It other words - f*ck off.
Oh come on, that not the sign of a winner
__________________
Sorry about my spelling and punctuation, I no itís a series problem.

Last edited by Overdogs; March 22nd, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Overdogs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM   #2213
ultEmate
ульт
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,152
Likes (Received): 26033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdogs View Post
Oh come on, that not the sign of a winner
And again what winner? All this my city got a taller building than yours argument is childish and I have no interest in it. It's you who came here to trash talk this beautiful building. I don't care if shard is taller than Mercury or not. Mercury isn't even my favorite scraper in MIBC. Shorter and prettier one? You mean Evolution tower?
ultEmate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:46 PM   #2214
Overdogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 7

I want to reply but I don’t understand what you have written. Are you saying Evolution tower is a pretty building?
__________________
Sorry about my spelling and punctuation, I no itís a series problem.
Overdogs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #2215
Overdogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultEmate View Post
And again what winner? All this my city got a taller building than yours argument is childish and I have no interest in it. It's you who came here to trash talk this beautiful building. I don't care if shard is taller than Mercury or not. Mercury isn't even my favorite scraper in MIBC. Shorter and prettier one? You mean Evolution tower?
I think I got it, took me like 5 times reading it (its my bad reading I should add that to my signature as well). I think if you read what I wrote again you might agree with me assuming what I have interpreted what you said correctly. But I agree this whole business of my building is taller than yours is nonsense. If we were talking about reproductive systems that would be different.

I hope were not agreeing I hate it when that happens.
__________________
Sorry about my spelling and punctuation, I no itís a series problem.
Overdogs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #2216
ultEmate
ульт
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,152
Likes (Received): 26033

At least you should have tried to make your trolling not so obvious. Welcome to my ignore list.
ultEmate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2217
Overdogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 7

Aaaahhhhhhh, that’s almost sweet.
__________________
Sorry about my spelling and punctuation, I no itís a series problem.
Overdogs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM   #2218
xombie
Дыхание сердец! <3
 
xombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow
Posts: 163
Likes (Received): 118

I mean, everyone are entitled to their own opinions, but also the way they present them.
I like MCT, Shanghai Tower, One World Trade Center and don't find The Shard, Burj Dubai to be interesting or appealing at all, and there is a reason I never comment and basically avoid any form of discussion at those topics, not because I'm afraid to say my opinion, but because I don't have anything INTERESTING to say or to add. /sigh
__________________
-Natali
xombie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:07 PM   #2219
GoR_Vrn
Registered User
 
GoR_Vrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,157
Likes (Received): 941

New news!!!

+5 floors and 338m total!
GoR_Vrn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2220
AUTOTHRILL
chill
 
AUTOTHRILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London | Liverpool
Posts: 4,839
Likes (Received): 2026

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnisloed View Post
OK.


CONGRATULATION Moscow : you won !
MCT became definitely the highest tower in Europe on January 17, 2012 and remained it

CONGRATULATION Paris : great trolling almost as beautiful as the French capital itself <3
__________________
I hate this username
AUTOTHRILL no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
europe, ibc, moscow, tallest, tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium