daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1861
emas22
Bandų kepėjas

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian_KG View Post
No, but I would like to explain why you "hate" building.
Why?! Can't you see color of this tower? I would like it blue! I love Moscow and it's historical buildings, but this new city center with towers such this one is just shame of the russian architects. I'm so sorry.
emas22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1862
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1183

I'm actually very content with the current colour of this tower. Combined with blueish FT and CoC, greenish Imperia, dark 16 IBC a, and white Evolution and 16 IBC b, this will create a nice cluster!
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:33 PM   #1863
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdogs View Post
Just ugly then
What you want.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #1864
Brad
voyageur

Likes (Received): 4241

Quote:
Originally Posted by emas22 View Post
Why?! Can't you see color of this tower? I would like it blue!.
you must be a racist) if you don't like the whole thing when you don't like the colour.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1865
MissyC

Oh please boys..there are so many BLUE bland glassy towers around the world and actually, this one is a welcome change and a fresh start of something better I am sure.

It is called Mercury tower and so the cladding should be done accordingly, right?

btw, why not a golden/reddish tower for Moscow? we all know that the Russian Federation has long been wearing a red flag and aside of that, Russia is such a rich country and this "Golden" tower is representing its wealth.

I like this tower and it is pretty and wish I could see more of such design elsewhere but please not in BLUE! we see that blue glass really everywhere on this planet these days and they cause many bird'skill each year too.

At least birds will be able to recognize this one.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM   #1866
emas22
Bandų kepėjas

I'll go to Moscow in summer for a week and I think that I'll be able to see it by my own eyes. In these photos that are posted in this thread I just can say that it's really huge and crappy designed. Maybe when it will be completed, I'll change my opinion. But not now. Not today.

CharlotteJ, "Mercury" is just a name of this tower. Architects firstly designed it and then they gave a name "Mercury". So, cladding could be blue and it should be named - "Sky" or "Blueberry" tower.

Last edited by emas22; November 22nd, 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:17 PM   #1867
Brad
voyageur

Likes (Received): 4241

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteJ View Post
Oh please boys..there are so many BLUE bland glassy towers around the world and actually, this one is a welcome change and a fresh start of something better I am sure.

It is called Mercury tower and so the cladding should be done accordingly, right?

btw, why not a golden/reddish tower for Moscow? we all know that the Russian Federation has long been wearing a red flag and aside of that, Russia is such a rich country and this "Golden" tower is representing its wealth.

I like this tower and it is pretty and wish I could see more of such design elsewhere but please not in BLUE! we see that blue glass really everywhere on this planet these days and they cause many bird'skill each year too.

At least birds will be able to recognize this one.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:36 PM   #1868
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1183

Quote:
I'll go to Moscow in summer for a week and I think that I'll be able to see it by my own eyes. In these photos that are posted in this thread I just can say that it's really huge and crappy designed. Maybe when it will be completed, I'll change my opinion. But not now. Not today.

CharlotteJ, "Mercury" is just a name of this tower. Architects firstly designed it and then they gave a name "Mercury". So, cladding could be blue and it should be named - "Sky" or "Blueberry" tower.
You can say you do not like the colour but saying the design is crap is just childish. I suggest you take another look at the blueprints and doublecheck the solutions incorporated in the design of this tower.
krkseg1ops está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM   #1869
emas22
Bandų kepėjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkseg1ops View Post
You can say you do not like the colour but saying the design is crap is just childish. I suggest you take another look at the blueprints and doublecheck the solutions incorporated in the design of this tower.
I won't do that, but thank you for your suggestion. Architecture like this isn't interesting for me.
Old November 24th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #1870
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 162

To much blue would make me depressed.
So no thanks.
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #1871
MissyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Earth View Post
To much blue would make me depressed.
So no thanks.
second me on that ... I agree ... plus one more thing: in Moscow the winters are harsh and the sky will be more often grey than blue... so rather seeing some colors than just blue and grey.
Old November 24th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #1872
Varghedin
Don't feed the vampire.

Likes (Received): 24

I think that this building goes against the current of blue/gray glass and gives a bright, almost sci-fi touch to the International Business center. I think way too few architechts dare go beyond the normal color scheme of building cladding, so kudos to the designers for daring to make Mercury City Tower stand out. It's a beauty.
Varghedin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #1873
Los Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteJ View Post
second me on that ... I agree ... plus one more thing: in Moscow the winters are harsh and the sky will be more often grey than blue... so rather seeing some colors than just blue and grey.
Exactly! Moscow will be different.
Old November 25th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #1874
RandomNameTag
Skyscraper fan

Likes (Received): 22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_City_Tower

The wikipedia article for this building is pitiful. For a building that's going to be the tallest in Europe, I was expecting much more than a mere paragraph. Would someone be willing to add to it?
RandomNameTag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #1875
Los Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNameTag View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_City_Tower

The wikipedia article for this building is pitiful. For a building that's going to be the tallest in Europe, I was expecting much more than a mere paragraph. Would someone be willing to add to it?
And if you search Shard on Wikipedia they have a whole page dedicated to the building and it's only going to be the third tallest building in Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_London_Bridge

Last edited by Los Earth; November 26th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old November 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1876
Skyscrapercarazeeee
I am 10.94 mgy's tall

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
And if you search Shard on Wikipedia they have a whole page dedicated to the building and it's only going to be the third tallest building in Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_London_Bridge

Just checked this tower out on wiki,and wiki is poor for this,this tower does indeed deserve a lot more! And this will look a fine tower im sure! I like the copper clad

P.S 2nd tallest ? After this tower. And Shard,given its such a beautiful design...a very popular tower,hence comprehensive wiki write up.
Old November 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1877
Drive
BANNED

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Why?! Can't you see color of this tower? I would like it blue! I love Moscow and it's historical buildings, but this new city center with towers such this one is just shame of the russian architects. I'm so sorry.
I agree partly for this goldfish- building -I don t like it too ,but .....to say about shame for this center ..

The World TOP-10 of the annual Emporis Award for the Best New Skyscraper of the 2007 ( was more 300 competitors )

- Naberezhnaya Tower C Moscow (Russia)

The World TOP-10 of the annual Emporis Award for the Best New Skyscraper of the 2010 ( was more 350 competitors )

- Capital City Moscow Tower (Russia)
Drive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #1878
erdnisloed

Likes (Received): 342

So the only question is :
will 3 levels of the core be built simultaneously (68, 69, 70) to reach at least 300.44 m in a few days like the 3 levels of the core of levels 65, 66, 67 on 22.09.2011 ?
erdnisloed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1879
Los Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercarazeeee View Post
Just checked this tower out on wiki,and wiki is poor for this,this tower does indeed deserve a lot more! And this will look a fine tower im sure! I like the copper clad

P.S 2nd tallest ? After this tower. And Shard,given its such a beautiful design...a very popular tower,hence comprehensive wiki write up.
Actually 3rd tallest because Mercury City Tower, and 16 ibc are taller than Shard and they are both under construction.
But if you count the spire on Federation, Shard would then be fourth tallest building in Europe
Old November 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #1880
Skyscrapercarazeeee
I am 10.94 mgy's tall

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Actually 3rd tallest because Mercury City Tower, and 16 ibc are taller than Shard and they are both under construction.
But if you count the spire on Federation, Shard would then be fourth tallest building in Europe
Erm,Shard will be 2nd tallest,until around 2013,judging from latest news.Fed has resumed,completion 2013 approx,and 16 ibc still rather at ground level. Shard is a few months from completion (currently 285 metres) ..so 2nd tallest

Tags
europe, ibc, moscow, tallest, tower