daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Cityscapes and Skyline Photos

Cityscapes and Skyline Photos Photos and images from all around the world

Old May 20th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #1
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Likes (Received): 34

Xiamen(厦门)--the most beautiful city in China. very wonderful pictures

Xiamen is located on the southeastern China. It is the second biggest city of Fu Jian Province. It covers 1536 kilometers squares land and has a popluation of 2.25 million.

Xiamen is one of the most richest cities in China. Per GDP is up to $7000 last year. Also, it is one of the 10 most competitive cities in China in terms of its outstanding overnment service, legal system, system building, culture & education, market openness and so on.

As a main trade center in China mainland, Xiamen creates a huge value of foreign trade last year , about 30 billion dollars.

Moreover, Xiamen is the most important transportation hub. Its throughput of sea port and international airport is on the top 10 in china
Xiamen is also a hot destination for foreign investment. Many famous companies that have invested in Xiamen include ABB, Boeing, Dell, Kodak, Citibank, HSBC, Bank Boston, Honeywell, GE, Phillips, NEC, ING, Lyon Credit, Coca Cola, Mitsubishi, Sumitomo, TOSHIBA, FUJI, TOYOTA, EMERSON, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES, SIEMENS, and so on.

Xiamen has a very wonderful living environment. it is considered as one of the most beautiful cities in China. Xiamen is near the sea and the hills. Since 2000, Xiamen has been awarded many honors such as "National Sanitary City", "National Garden City", "National Model City for Environmental Protection", 2004 UN Habit Award, 2003 International Garden City. Xiamen's averaged Life expectancy is up to 78 years. The habitable space of per person is up to 33 square meters. Both of data are highest in China

Last edited by bachelor0799781; May 20th, 2006 at 12:29 AM.
bachelor0799781 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 20th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #2
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

some pictures of Xiamen Univerisity

Xiamen has some important education and technology research institutions. Three comprehensive universities: Xiamen Univ., Jimei Univ., Xiamen Science & Technology Univ. Xiamen University is on the top 20 in china. Research Institutions : National Sea Research Center, Motorola Research Center, Dell Technology Center, and so on. Microsoft and Oracle will start to set up a research branch in Xiamen soft distinctive this year.

The following pictures show the scenery of Xiamen university

Last edited by bachelor0799781; May 20th, 2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #3
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

some pictures of Gulanyu Island, a beautiful distincitve in Xiamen

Gulangyu Island of Xiamen is covered hills, forests and historic buildings more than 100 types. It is a famous resort in china. Some pictures show it:

Old May 20th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #4
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Huandao Highway of Xiamen

The following pictures show Huandao Highway of Xiamen. It is the longest road in Xiamen (about 42195 meters). its vicinity is the main rich residential area.

Old May 20th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #5
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Xiamen International Exhibition Center

Old May 20th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #6
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Xiamen's night

Xiamen's night

Old May 20th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #7
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Old May 20th, 2006, 03:17 AM   #8
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

some details of the downtawn of Xiamen

Old May 20th, 2006, 03:24 AM   #9
drunkenmunkey888

Likes (Received): 28

sorry to burst ur bubble guys but those night pics of xiamen look really really sad. almost all of the skyscrapers are empty. thats depressing. i mean look at night skylines of tokyo or london or new york or seoul or hong kong etc. their buildings have flourescent lights shining on every floor. xiamen builds buildings for aesthetic reasons instead of practical reasons and its pretty lame
drunkenmunkey888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:29 AM   #10
Joel que

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmunkey888
sorry to burst ur bubble guys but those night pics of xiamen look really really sad. almost all of the skyscrapers are empty. thats depressing. i mean look at night skylines of tokyo or london or new york or seoul or hong kong etc. their buildings have flourescent lights shining on every floor. xiamen builds buildings for aesthetic reasons instead of practical reasons and its pretty lame
blame that on over supply of apartment building,7 years ago,the average rent reach incredelous 5000 yuan,now it fell to 1000 yuan,in some part of the city even lower.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #11
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmunkey888
I think your reaction is not objective. First, some skyscrapers are office buildings. Unlike United State or other developed countries, in china after you are out of office, you should turn off electric appliances, which does not mean that these building are empty. Second, most skyscrapers are residential builidings. They are built up in the last years. It is impossible to be full in a short time. Third, if you see the airconditions or windows of many skyscrapers showed in these pictures, you might make your conclusion.

Finally, i can show you some pictures that reflect real xiamen's night without specialized night-piece lights and engineering:

Last edited by bachelor0799781; May 20th, 2006 at 03:44 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:44 AM   #12
Joel que

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelor0799781
I think your reaction is not objective. First, some skyscrapers are office buildings. Unlike United State or other developed countries, in china after you are out of office, you should turn off electric appliances, which does not mean that these building are empty. Second, most skyscrapers are residential builidings. They are built up in the last years. It is impossible to be full in a short time.

Finally, i can show you some pictures that reflect real xiamen's night without specialized night-piece lights and engineering:

I visited Xiamen last april,I notice there's alot of construction just across carrefore,any idea what kind of building going to emerge? I hear that Chinese millionaire from the philippine name lucio tan invest heavely in Xiamen property included office building,do you know the name of the building?
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #13
Joel que

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelor0799781
Xiamen is located on the southeastern China. It is the second biggest city of Fu Jian Province. It covers 1536 kilometers squares land and has a popluation of 2.25 million.

Xiamen is one of the most richest cities in China. Per GDP is up to $7000 last year. Also, it is one of the 10 most competitive cities in China in terms of its outstanding overnment service, legal system, system building, culture & education, market openness and so on.

As a main trade center in China mainland, Xiamen creates a huge value of foreign trade last year , about 30 billion dollars.

Moreover, Xiamen is the most important transportation hub. Its throughput of sea port and international airport is on the top 10 in china
Xiamen is also a hot destination for foreign investment. Many famous companies that have invested in Xiamen include ABB, Boeing, Dell, Kodak, Citibank, HSBC, Bank Boston, Honeywell, GE, Phillips, NEC, ING, Lyon Credit, Coca Cola, Mitsubishi, Sumitomo, TOSHIBA, FUJI, TOYOTA, EMERSON, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES, SIEMENS, and so on.

Xiamen has a very wonderful living environment. it is considered as one of the most beautiful cities in China. Xiamen is near the sea and the hills. Since 2000, Xiamen has been awarded many honors such as "National Sanitary City", "National Garden City", "National Model City for Environmental Protection", 2004 UN Habit Award, 2003 International Garden City. Xiamen's averaged Life expectancy is up to 78 years. The habitable space of per person is up to 33 square meters. Both of data are highest in China

I stay in xiamen for a week,but i notice all the newly build apartment do not bother to include a car park,at night ,all the car are parked in sideway,or any empty space.in othert countries such as Honk kong or taiwan,it is illegal ,
second,Xiamen really needed a subway.
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #14
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel que
blame that on over supply of apartment building,7 years ago,the average rent reach incredelous 5000 yuan,now it fell to 1000 yuan,in some part of the city even lower.
I think you does not know actual facts. Except for some biggest cities such as Shanghai and Beijing, other cities' averaged rent of apartment with two bedrooms and one rooming is never more than 2000 yuan. Even nowadays, in most comparatively developed cities in China the apartment averaged rent is about 800 yuan to 1500 yuan. It is ture that from the beginning of 2002, almost all Chinese cities experience a soaring period of house price and rent.

Last edited by bachelor0799781; May 20th, 2006 at 04:18 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #15
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Quote:
I stay in xiamen for a week,but i notice all the newly build apartment do not bother to include a car park,at night ,all the car are parked in sideway,or any empty space.in othert countries such as Honk kong or taiwan,it is illegal ,
second,Xiamen really needed a subway.
I hold a firm belief that you lack full know for Xiamen.

First, you said "all the car are parked in sideway,or any empty space", It is not true. I admit that any city in China neglect the construction of car park. However, if you are a resdient of a apartment, you will put your cars into underground garage. In Xiamen, almost all the skyscrapers have underground garage

Besides, I had gone to Hongkong three times. I see many cars also park in sideway. Is it illegal? I think you must be kidding. Also, now I am in United States as a graduate student. In USA, at night most cars stay in sideway, which is similar to any cities in china. So your reaction is not true.

Last edited by bachelor0799781; May 21st, 2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #16
bachelor0799781
Xiamen

Quote:
I visited Xiamen last april,I notice there's alot of construction just across carrefore,any idea what kind of building going to emerge? I hear that Chinese millionaire from the philippine name lucio tan invest heavely in Xiamen property included office building,do you know the name of the building?
Oh, its name is Ming fa Guangchang, which is a huge shopping mall that cover 460,000 meter squares. This shopping mall include Carrfore
the millionaire from the philippine built SM center. It is also a huge shopping mall in Xiamen, about 220,000 meters sqaures. It includes Wal-mart

Last edited by bachelor0799781; May 20th, 2006 at 04:45 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #17
Æsahættr

Likes (Received): 5

This is my ancestoral homeland... I still have relatives there that my family hasn't contacted since hte cultural revolution. -_-
(We don't know their address)
Old May 20th, 2006, 05:47 AM   #18
drunkenmunkey888

Likes (Received): 28

xiamen has subways? three subways? are these actual like underground commuter train subways or are you referring to something else?
drunkenmunkey888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #19
China_winson
Shenzhenese

Likes (Received): 0

I think bachelor0799781 means railway??? right??? BTW, Xiamen is a garden city...
China_winson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #20
Minotaur

Likes (Received): 0

I think it's pretty stupid to try to compare Xiamen with major capitals of the world especially when measuring it by how many floors are lit in buildings at night.
Minotaur no está en línea   Reply With Quote