daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #701
panamaboy9016
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 2

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
WOW! thats cheap! My townhouse cost double than that and its not even a mansion LOL! I am not going to buy any house in Dubai yet until the Middle East conflict will calm down. Anyone knows if Americans have an easy access to buy a house in Dubai?
When the conflict calms down? When has it been calm? Never, therefore your dream will never happen.

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #702
KoolKeatz
█████████

Likes (Received): 102

mmmh, i dont really like these houses. why they dont build something oriental? arabic architecture? these house looks like the cheap copys of european architecture in american suburbs...
KoolKeatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM   #703
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

01/May/2007

Atlantis, Palm Jumeirah

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM   #704
Imre
Dubai

01/May/2007

Palm Jumeirah

Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:04 AM   #705
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

LOVE THE PICTURES!

I love the process of monorail construction! Also its look like oversea suburban community now. Hehe!
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:39 AM   #706
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 42

- Purpose-built 1,800-seat theatre to stage permanent attraction on The Palm Jumeirah -

[IMG]http://i14.************/6gkijcl.jpg[/IMG]

Nakheel, one of the world’s largest privately held developers, is bringing the world famous Cirque du Soleil to Dubai after announcing a major partnership to develop a permanent show on The Palm Jumeirah.

Nakheel and Cirque du Soleil will jointly design and build a 1,800-seat theatre on The Palm Jumeirah that will be home to the first ever Cirque resident show to be staged outside of the USA and Japan. The two companies have signed an initial 15-year deal with the new show expected to open during the last quarter of 2010.

In the near future, Cirque Du Soleil and Nakheel will announce the creative team and theme for the completely original show which is being custom produced for The Palm Jumeirah with original music, theatre design, and costumes.

Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, Nakheel Executive Chairman, said:

“Nakheel has already developed a reputation for being innovative, bold and visionary through its iconic landmark developments, but the true test of these developments will be the attractions and facilities that are actually offered to residents and visitors. It’s well documented that we have already brought a number of big names to The Palm Jumeirah, such as Trump and Atlantis, but Cirque du Soleil offers a total unique attraction.

“Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world and as with any city experiencing such a rapid growth curve, major cultural and civic facilities are required for a city establishing itself as a global 21st century destination. As the home of more than 30 five star hotels and 14,000 hotel rooms, The Palm Jumeirah was the natural choice to locate Cirque du Soleil and is not only a great coup for Nakheel, but the whole of Dubai.”

[IMG]http://i18.************/63h37le.jpg[/IMG]

The partnership has been established following the enormous success of the Cirque du Soleil touring show Quidam, which visited Dubai in January 2007. The show, sponsored by The Palm and presented in the state-of-the-art Grand Chapiteau (Big Top) at Nakheel’s Ibn Battuta Mall, was Cirque du Soleil’s first ever season in the Middle East and was seen by more than 100,000 people, making it the most successful single entertainment project ever to be staged in the region.

Daniel Lamarre, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cirque du Soleil, said:

“Cirque is always looking for new markets for permanent shows, but it’s not easy to find the perfect combination of visitor traffic, hotel accommodation, transportation links, modern facilities and area attractions. We are very confident that The Palm Jumeirah offers Cirque all of the components we need, and we are delighted to announce the signing of a 15-year contract with Nakheel today.

“The Quidam touring production to Dubai at the start of the year was a first for both parties. Cirque had never been to the area before, and Dubai had never experienced an entertainment project on this scale. Neither Cirque nor presenting sponsor The Palm could predict the outcome, but after 100,000 visitors attended the show, the partnership negotiations began in earnest.”

The deal is part Nakheel’s long-term strategy to bring world class cultural entertainment to Dubai and its developments and this commitment has been expressed in setting aside a strategic piece of real estate on The Palm Jumeirah for the permanent theatre. In addition to the many attractions that will also be available on The Palm Jumeirah, Cirque du Soleil will add a completely unique family and cultural entertainment experience and a further reason for tourists to visit Dubai.

Chris O’Donnell, Nakheel CEO, added:

“A permanent Cirque du Soleil will reaffirm The Palm Jumeirah as the premier tourist destination in the region and is further proof that Dubai is fast becoming a key hub and a global player in the entertainment arena.

“Permanent Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas have always been major draws in attracting tourists from all over the world with shows such a “0” playing host to more than 6 million visitors in just 8 years. I have no doubt that a completely original show, in a brand new purpose-built venue on The Palm Jumeirah, will capture the imagination of everyone in Dubai and the ever growing tourist population who visit from all over the world.”

Discussions are currently ongoing between Nakheel and Cirque du Soleil to establish the exact location on The Palm Jumeirah; however, this will be a key central location and will be easily accessible by the island’s transportation networks, including The Palm Monorail.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:14 AM   #707
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 42

Case closed, these are not commie blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
pics from Nakheel:

Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM   #708
CrazyAboutCities

I'm curious what is black thing top of yellow buidlings? Is that solar parels?
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #709
Imre
Dubai

06/May/2007

Fire on the Palm , I think at Golden Mile

Old May 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #710
ncon
Dangerous User

Likes (Received): 537

what happened?
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #711
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Sh*t, it seams like in Golden Mile indeed.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #712
eastwest
User Registered

Likes (Received): 0

Fire at Dubai's man-made Palm island wounds three
06 May 2007 14:20:51 GMT
Source: Reuters

DUBAI, May 6 (Reuters) - A fire broke out on Dubai's man-made Palm island development on Sunday, wounding three people and charring two unfinished buildings due to an apparent electrical fault.

Two multi-storey car park buildings were gutted by the fire on the luxury development, and bellowing clouds of black smoke could be seen from miles (kilometres) away.

Rescue workers at the scene said three people were receiving treatment but did not give further details. Firefighters said the fire was believed to be the result of an electrical mishap.

Project developer Nakheel says the Palm, which juts into the shallow waters of the Gulf in the shape of palm fronds, was built using 100 million cubic metres of sand and rock, and is large enough to be seen from space.

It is one of several major projects launched by Dubai, part of the United Arab Emirates federation, to boost its status as a tourism and business hub.

Most of the buildings on the island are still under construction and yet to be delivered to their affluent owners.
eastwest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #713
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

damned, another fire in dubai!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #714
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4202

Its just too damm hot in Dubai.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #715
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
damned, another fire in dubai!
Another fire in Dubai? What happened to another fire in Dubai?
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #716
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

read above, there was/is a fire on palm jumeirah
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #717
Maltaboy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamaboy9016 View Post
When the conflict calms down? When has it been calm? Never, therefore your dream will never happen.
How ironic you should say that. Dubai is one of the world's safest cities and it's crime rates put that of most US cities to shame. Things like Virginia Tech do not happen in Dubai, you know, at least not thus far !
Maltaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #718
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltaboy View Post
How ironic you should say that. Dubai is one of the world's safest cities and it's crime rates put that of most US cities to shame. Things like Virginia Tech do not happen in Dubai, you know, at least not thus far !
Dubai is not safe if you're gay.
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #719
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Why don't you let that "expert" comment to gay and straight peoples who lives or at least have visited Dubai?
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #720
Maltaboy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Why don't you let that "expert" comment to gay and straight peoples who lives or at least have visited Dubai?
Exactly !
Maltaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai