daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #41
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

when practically every city in the world is building tall nowadays, the appeal to it is lessening. its not an accomplishment anymore. its a pissing match. for those of you who are new to the game, i welcome you, i think its about time we passed the torch anyway, since NYC and Chicago have dominated for almost 100 years.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #42
Spooky873
BANNED

as for diversity, it doesnt matter if its city A or city B, new york or shanghai, ones been building high for almost a century, compared to one whos been building in the past.........10 years? and you find the most recent to be more diverse? in what sense? please tell me, and im almost positive my answer to your response will be, 'thats not diversity sir'.
Old June 8th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #43
hella good
Something of a monster

Likes (Received): 2660

oh for gods sake this is getting stupid. this thread is about one building. if you want to debate NY vs. HK or which ever ones you want then find the thread about it, and if you cant find one then make one. because in all honesty this is pissing me off
CODA Instagram
hella good no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:03 AM   #44
EtherealMist
The World Is Yours

Likes (Received): 17

dont read it then
EtherealMist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:23 AM   #45
Spooky873
BANNED

yea really. dumb statements will get laughed at and talked about. ive had some on me in the past, nobody said shit.
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #46
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

I took this about 2 weeks ago or so..

SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #47
Spooky873
BANNED

this is 550ft?
Old June 8th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #48
michal1982
Condom User

Likes (Received): 1

what building been on thic place beforee??
michal1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:49 AM   #49
LeCom

Likes (Received): 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal1982
what building been on thic place beforee??
A four story brownhouse or two and a parking lot.
LeCom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #50
Messed Up

Likes (Received): 1

NY has lots of great new buildings (Hearst, Times Tower etc) but unfortunately this isn't one of them. Very uninspiring but I guess you can't expect every new building to be cutting edge....
Messed Up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #51
Spooky873
BANNED

if this building has a thread, then the thousand other filler residentials should. this only represents a microcosm of the residentials going up. expect shitty buildings.
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #52
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail456
oh yipee...another box
For some reason, boxes are my favorite types of skyscrapers. When I think of a real skyscraper a boxy one comes to mind. They just look great and ready for business.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #53
jose_kwan
HKer @ Bay Area

Likes (Received): 0

if all buildings are cutting edge ...
n unique ...
then its not unique anymore ...
the skyline is gonna get tacky ...
jose_kwan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #54
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3627

Everything is great about this one, I dont mind the boxiness but the design...

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #55
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

didn't even know there's room in NY
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #56
kangarooMN09

Likes (Received): 2

well, i dont wanna sound offensive but this tower is kinda crappy compared to other ones going up in NY...its not that ugly though but its just ugly compared to like NYT, BoA or hearst magazine tower
kangarooMN09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #57
Spooky873
BANNED

again, if youre gonna have a thread on this tower, why not on the rest? this is what nyc looks like to the world now, since this site is the most intl. there is far more going on. check the NYC project development thread.
Old June 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #58
BabeMagnet2000

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
as for diversity, it doesnt matter if its city A or city B, new york or shanghai, ones been building high for almost a century, compared to one whos been building in the past.........10 years? and you find the most recent to be more diverse? in what sense? please tell me, and im almost positive my answer to your response will be, 'thats not diversity sir'.
Don't even bother with these Dubai fanboys, you'll have a more stimulating conversation with a real snail (the animal I mean). Believe me, I learned the Wanna-Bash-Your-Head-Against-the-Concrete-of-the-ESB-Way.

Why the hell does NYC need prestige? Do crazy-tacky looking buildings automatically generate prestige? Manhattan's buildings aren't for looks alone, they're for business. How many trillions of dollars flow through the NYSE every single month? Compare that to the joke of the Dubai exchange.

And oh yeah, the tallest this and biggest that doesn't mean jack if you don't even have things we take for granted, like, I don't know, freedom of speech?

Have fun hacking around your country's self-imposed censorship software to bash us a little more.

To pretend this post is on topic - there is nothing wrong with this building, will fit in nicely with the NYC skyline. And frankly, I'd rather the 1940's look than sit around bragging about having the World's Largest Hotel That's Actually a Replica of a Building in the Same City 5 Miles Away That's Not Even Completely Built Yet Itself.
BabeMagnet2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #59
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

"When way-out whacky threads go haywire".

I haven't read any of your opinions as they're all coming cheap. Unless it's a comment in relation to the 10 Barclay development, it's all falling on deaf ears this way.

Thanks SaRaJeVo-City for the last pic post mate
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #60
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeMagnet2000
Don't even bother with these Dubai fanboys, you'll have a more stimulating conversation with a real snail (the animal I mean). Believe me, I learned the Wanna-Bash-Your-Head-Against-the-Concrete-of-the-ESB-Way.

Why the hell does NYC need prestige? Do crazy-tacky looking buildings automatically generate prestige? Manhattan's buildings aren't for looks alone, they're for business. How many trillions of dollars flow through the NYSE every single month? Compare that to the joke of the Dubai exchange.

And oh yeah, the tallest this and biggest that doesn't mean jack if you don't even have things we take for granted, like, I don't know, freedom of speech?

Have fun hacking around your country's self-imposed censorship software to bash us a little more.

To pretend this post is on topic - there is nothing wrong with this building, will fit in nicely with the NYC skyline. And frankly, I'd rather the 1940's look than sit around bragging about having the World's Largest Hotel That's Actually a Replica of a Building in the Same City 5 Miles Away That's Not Even Completely Built Yet Itself.

its all just going to their heads anyway. theyre building tall to build tall. New York is true.

I have an idea of what diversity means to mr. snail, which is absolutely retarded. Much like me saying, right means left to me, even though the dictionary states otherwise. diversity in design is what he means, not style/era. Using that logic, you can say Shanghai and Dubai are more diverse than any city, just as any city is more diverse than them, of course every city has its own style. hes using the wrong ****** words to describe himself.