daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #81
LLoydGeorge
BANNED

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail456
I'm sorry I didn't realise that someone wasn't allowed to have an opinion. And I think I said a while back that I'm from UK.

All I said was that I don't like grey boxes and that NY is primarily just that. If you want to take offence at that fine...go right ahead.
If you think that NY is primarily gray boxes, you've either never been here or spent a day here and limited yourself to a few blocks in the low 40's on the east side.

Nothing could be further from the truth. See the small sample below:

Last edited by LLoydGeorge; June 13th, 2006 at 05:30 AM.
LLoydGeorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:50 AM   #82
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentpandaesq
It is also fashionable to bash NYC these days... as it is fashionable to bash most American things. Disliking boxes is a valid opinion, however, basing your opinion of a place solely on 1 or 2 building types is just lame and destroys any credibility that you have on the matter.

Personally, disliking boxes while again a valid opinion, demonstrates a certain ignorance of both the economics and regulatory reality of a place like NYC. While other cities might build "pretty" buildings, they are doing so not out of any great economic rational, but in an attempt to prove to others that they have a sophisticated aesthetic. NYC is about money, it is not here to win awards or prove to others that it is sophisticated, it already is. Boxes are the result of people maximizing the usable space they have... not about pissing money away to impress people.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #83
BabeMagnet2000

Likes (Received): 2

But LloydGeorge, those buildings aren't SHINY!!!
BabeMagnet2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #84
snail456

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
Snail i think it's just that you hold ny in such low regards, display those feelings in here, and bitch about grey boxes. If you think the ny skyline is just grey boxes then you're an idiot and we can all be satisfied with that and end it. If you shut up , we will shut up? Nah it doesn't go that way here. Just leave the thread... otherwise it's considered trolling, and you don't wanna be that poor little albino troll from the uk in a ny thread, i'll tell you that much. Expect us to "whine".

Don't expect charm. Don't expect friendly debate. Don't expect one of us to shut up and leave you with the last word.

None of that will happen.

PS. Your opinion is ******* lame.
now look whose being childish
snail456 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #85
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail456
now look whose being childish

Oh i'm pretty sure i said don't expect any ******* charm.

DONT EXPECT FRIENDLY DISCUSSION.

AND LLOYD IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS. EVERYTIME SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING CHALLENGING NY, YOU POST THE SAME PICTURES... WHY? WHY DO YOU OVERDOSE ON PICTURES?
GOD WHY CANT YOU JUST PUT IN 3 PICTURES? AS IF WE ALL FORGOT WHAT NY LOOKS LIKE.

A BIT MUCH DON'T YA THINK LLOYD?

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #86
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

So any updates?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #87
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

Yeah uh Id like to see how this building is coming...
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #88
Spooky873
BANNED

the buildings total height is around 550ft right? that is good.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #89
LLoydGeorge
BANNED

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
Oh i'm pretty sure i said don't expect any ******* charm.

DONT EXPECT FRIENDLY DISCUSSION.

AND LLOYD IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS. EVERYTIME SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING CHALLENGING NY, YOU POST THE SAME PICTURES... WHY? WHY DO YOU OVERDOSE ON PICTURES?
GOD WHY CANT YOU JUST PUT IN 3 PICTURES? AS IF WE ALL FORGOT WHAT NY LOOKS LIKE.

A BIT MUCH DON'T YA THINK LLOYD?
Do you have PMS?
LLoydGeorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:33 AM   #90
Spooky873
BANNED

how many women do you know that dont?
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #91
Spooky873
BANNED

snail i noticed you said hk is the greatest skyline, so tell me, why do you think so? no grey boxes there huh, i guess your taste is in pink and green.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #92
Spooky873
BANNED

chances are if you have a favorite skyline, its one of the one-dimensional high rise booming cities. hey, fine by me, but chances are the main influences on those cities are from nyc, so dissing nyc is no different than dissing your own.
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:36 AM   #93
Silentpandaesq

Likes (Received): 0

Spooky873:

You are relying on too much rational logic to make your argument. Some young people think NYC is old cause it does not look like an Anime. HK to a certain extent does, Dubai does, NYC does not.

As for Barclay I will try to take a picture tomorrow, I will be downtown looking for apartments
Silentpandaesq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #94
Gendo

Likes (Received): 77

Nice to see things never really change around here.

What kind of moron comes into a thread about the construction of a NYC skyscraper and says shit like, "I hate NY?" If you hate it, then fine. You can have your opinion, but that doesn't mean you can just come in here and piss people off with your juvenile mentality remarks. You don't need to come in here and bitch about NYC. Stay the **** out of this thread Snail.

New York City is the greatest city on Earth.
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #95
Spooky873
BANNED

im sure he'll get defensive about that too. claiming somewhere else is better because of skyscrapers. cities arent great because of ****** skyscrapers.
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #96
Gendo

I really don't give a damn what he thinks Spooky.

Skyscrapers have nothing to do with why I feel that way about NYC. I wasn't very fond of the place either until I went there. Times Square, Central Park, the tunnels, the bridges, the people. Everything about NYC amazed me more than any other American city I've been to.

NYC is THE Metropolis of planet Earth, and I think Snail is just jealous that NYC is so much grander than London or wherever the hell he's from.

Last edited by Gendo; June 14th, 2006 at 03:57 AM.
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #97
Spooky873
BANNED

i agree about NYC but its all strictly opinion.
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:59 AM   #98
EtherealMist
The World Is Yours

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentpandaesq
Spooky873:

You are relying on too much rational logic to make your argument. Some young people think NYC is old cause it does not look like an Anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Akari
Nice to see things never really change around here.

What kind of moron comes into a thread about the construction of a NYC skyscraper and says shit like, "I hate NY?" If you hate it, then fine. You can have your opinion, but that doesn't mean you can just come in here and piss people off with your juvenile mentality remarks. You don't need to come in here and bitch about NYC. Stay the **** out of this thread Snail.

New York City is the greatest city on Earth.
EtherealMist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:59 AM   #99
Gendo

Exactly Spooky, but opinion can easily become offensive and arrogant. All I'm saying is that Snail should stick to the construction threads concerning his city and places he likes instead of coming in here and offending New Yorkers and people who like NYC, people like me.

Thanks EtherealMist. How is Boston these days? I kind of miss my old neighborhood in Somerville/Medford.
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #100
Spooky873
BANNED

im just tired of the NYC bashers. amazing i know, we have NYC BASHERS, and what site is this? oxymoronish if ya ask me

most who live in places like dubai, or hong kong or shanghai could really give a damn because their cities are being new yorked, and they totally discredit chicago and nyc. theres a million things about nyc im proud of, i could be here all night, so spare me the explanation, and it is in my opinion the greatest urban place in the world.