daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 15th, 2006, 04:54 AM   #121
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

this thread has taken an interesting turn.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #122
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Akari
I only meant that Dubai is cheating when it comes to who is financing the project (the Dubai Gov.) I'm not impresesed with Dubai's "Tower of Babel" That's what I think of it every time I see a rendering of it because of the way it tapers. Shanghai's WFC is simple and elegant. It also tapers (in a smooth clean way), but I like it for some reason. I would have preferred the circle in the top though as I think it looked better that way.

You gave me a good laugh NYgirl.

EtherealMist, I used to ride the T to Backbay for work, and I really like that neighborhood. The flats in that area have got style.

I kinda see it this way...

Ny is the doll all dressed up in her backless white gown and tierra...

Dubai is the skank in the Pink bebe shirt and green Booty shorts.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #123
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

with cheap breast implants, kinda like burj dubai.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #124
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Akari
I only meant that Dubai is cheating when it comes to who is financing the project (the Dubai Gov.) I'm not impresesed with Dubai's "Tower of Babel" That's what I think of it every time I see a rendering of it because of the way it tapers. Shanghai's WFC is simple and elegant. It also tapers (in a smooth clean way), but I like it for some reason. I would have preferred the circle in the top though as I think it looked better that way.

You gave me a good laugh NYgirl.

EtherealMist, I used to ride the T to Backbay for work, and I really like that neighborhood. The flats in that area have got style.
Actually apart from anything from Emaar (partly gov owned) or Nakheel (can't remember if partly or fully owned by gov), so most of the supertall towers, are by smaller developers who have to find their own way of financing their towers. If they don't sell enough units they can't build it, so some have been very slow to get off the ground.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #125
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

focus now. does anyone know what floor barclay st is up to
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote