daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM   #1
Primetime

Likes (Received): 3

Union Square Phase 7

Hello all, I just joined a few minutes ago, this seems to be a pretty cool site I just stumbled across here.

I just wanted to know if anyone here had any information about the Union Square Phase 7 project in Kowloon, Hong Kong. I hear it's meant to be completed in 2007, anbody know when exactly? I also hear that at 111 storeys it'll be 474 meters tall, eclipsing (almost literally) the 2 IFC. Anyone got info? Thanks.
Primetime no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Renderings and the latest construction updates can be found in this thread!

The building is known as International Commerce Centre today. Its going to be 484m tall with 118 floors. It has 83 elevators, 41 escalators and has a UFA on 356,838 m². Ground construation started in 2002, and the building is expected to be topped out in 2009, with opening in 2010. Wong & Ouyang (HK) Ltd. with Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates is the architects and the building will contain offices, retail and a hotel. Its going to be a skybar on the top floor of the building, or 409m up in the building. Need to know more, please ask!
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #3
Primetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazaq
Renderings and the latest construction updates can be found on this thread!

The building is known as International Commerce Centre today. Its going to be 484m tall with 118 floors. It has 83 elevators, 41 escalators and has a UFA on 356,838 m². Ground construation started in 2002, and the building is expected to be topped out in 2009, with opening in 2010. Wong & Ouyang (HK) Ltd. with Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates is the architects and the building will contain offices, retail and a hotel. Want to know more?
Awesome. Thanks for the update! Yeah, I want to know as much as possible. I was excited at the 2007 completion date at first, 2009/2010 is a bit depressing, but it's cool they decided to go higher. You'd think if you're building it to 484 meters you'd just go the extra distance and beat out the 101. Is the building still supposed to be built in Kowloon, are did they move the site?
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #4
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyT239
Awesome. Thanks for the update! Yeah, I want to know as much as possible. I was excited at the 2007 completion date at first, 2009/2010 is a bit depressing, but it's cool they decided to go higher. You'd think if you're building it to 484 meters you'd just go the extra distance and beat out the 101. Is the building still supposed to be built in Kowloon, are did they move the site?
Its still located in Kowloon, in the Union Square construction area which will be completed with the opening of International Commerce Centre in 2010. The first design og the tower was actually 574m tall, known as Kowloon MTR Tower.

Here is all renderings i was able to find:

This is a rendering of the old design, which was rejected:

Last edited by Ŝróndeimr; May 25th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #5
scorpion
...starwood... :-D

Likes (Received): 4

Qazaq, carpet bombin', eh??

DUBAI 2006 -- Welcome!! :)
scorpion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #6
Primetime

Wow, thanks. That thing really is a monstrosity, should be beautiful. I appreciate your help.
Old May 27th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #7
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion
Qazaq, carpet bombin', eh??

Yeah! gotta impress those newbies!