daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #41
Chilenofuturista
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt

Likes (Received): 274

Definitely one of the new, finest neighbourhoods in the world...

We need updates!

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:05 AM   #42
curva
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

i should really visit it one day
curva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #43
mzn
Veterano

Location: Buenos Aires, Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata
Likes (Received): 1510

15 miles away from the south...

Old July 14th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #44
JAVICUENCA

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzn
By the way.. voila.. some interesting articles on BA's boom

Sorry but I think that the name of the thread is a little pretentious and that these exagerated self adorations denotes a hidden inferiority complex. Buenos Aires is nice anyway, but to consider it almost as the center of the world means that you don´t feel like the rest of the people, without complexes I mean. Probably each city has its little or big beauties but we have to be a little objective and leave the complexes out, I think.Puerto Madero is nice anyway, one of the finest areas of BA and a place where you don´t see many poor people. We can´t say the same in the majority of BA, unluckily.Thnks for the pix.
JAVICUENCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #45
FelixMadero
armatissimi & liberissimi

Likes (Received): 6366

Wonderful constructions and fhotos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Buenos Aires! The Southern Queen!!!
FelixMadero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #46
Kamuss

Likes (Received): 772

Quote:
Originally Posted by apartmentsba.com
Definitely the amount of activity is impressive in Buenos Aires but it can't compare to some of the other cities mentioned. Expect more and more foreign investment in the city. I purchased one of the entire floors in one of the photos you have.

Buenos Aires is a wonderful city prime for foreign investors. I was one of the largest buyers of residential real estate the last two years. Expect more projects to come on board across the city.

Good luck all.
You should know Buenos Aires is a very large city, but also a very small village.
So I would be very careful about your bragging........................ as we all know who you are and what you have bought.
Kamuss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #47
fabianlujan
Mers-el-Kébir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVICUENCA
Sorry but I think that the name of the thread is a little pretentious and that these exagerated self adorations denotes a hidden inferiority complex. Buenos Aires is nice anyway, but to consider it almost as the center of the world means that you don´t feel like the rest of the people, without complexes I mean. Probably each city has its little or big beauties but we have to be a little objective and leave the complexes out, I think.Puerto Madero is nice anyway, one of the finest areas of BA and a place where you don´t see many poor people. We can´t say the same in the majority of BA, unluckily.Thnks for the pix.
The author is clearly proud and happy of him city. He's allowed to dream and support it.
It's clear that Buenos Aires may be little compared to any other Asian city, BUT the feeling of being your city growing, nice looking and many people work is priceless. Let the author feel great (as I do too)

thanks!
fabianlujan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #48
asdasd

pregunta:
porque hablan en ingles??? si estan hablando entre uds ahora no hay nadie que no hable castellano...
asdasd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #49
kamilo rxn
♫ Nota Loka ♫

Likes (Received): 3

nice updates ba is livin a really boom great for the city a wonderful one

Es Pasion
kamilo rxn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:14 AM   #50
panamaboy9016
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 2

DO not understand why,

In my opinion this "boom" is maybe Top 10 in the world, maybe. Top 5 no way. I mean there are cities like Miami, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Panama City, Chicago, New York City, Toronto that are booming completely. The tallest planned building in Buenos Aires is 210m. In Miami is 366m, Mumbai is also over the 250m, Panama City is 381m, New York City is 541m, Chicago is 800m, and 415 meters.
Buenos Aires in my opinion can be compared to the booming that is occuring in San Diego, that they are constructing residential buildings around the Metro Area but has still not exceeded the 152 meters yet. That in my opinion is a Top 15 maybe Top 10 booming city. Definitely not a Top 5. I'm not trying to insult you Argentinans, or anyone else who it may concern and may have offended, but we have to understand the reality, that Buenos Aires is not one of the biggest booms in the world, second largest boom in Latin America, Top 5 booms in The America's, and that's it. When you include Asia then Buenos Aires moves down a couple of spots. I'm not saying that Buenos Aires is not booming, but if this is one of the biggest booms in the world, then there are over 20 other cities that are booming as well, for example Madrid, Frankfurt, London, Cairo, Johannesburg, etc. I hope you all can understand my statement that I have made in this post, Buenos Aires is definitely a beautiful gorgeous city, but definitely not one of the biggest in the world, when someone uses that term I think of Top 5.
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:32 AM   #51
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Great for B.A!! I hope this boom continues!!

-koolkid
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #52
ElMarto

Likes (Received): 247

se dieron cuenta que es lo mismo que en latincrapers ( los mismos foristas )pero en ingles?¿???
ElMarto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #53
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

yea argentina. welcome to the global building boom.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #54
EL_AMERICANO
EL_AMERICANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamaboy9016 View Post
In my opinion this "boom" is maybe Top 10 in the world, maybe. Top 5 no way. I mean there are cities like Miami, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Panama City, Chicago, New York City, Toronto that are booming completely. The tallest planned building in Buenos Aires is 210m. In Miami is 366m, Mumbai is also over the 250m, Panama City is 381m, New York City is 541m, Chicago is 800m, and 415 meters.
Buenos Aires in my opinion can be compared to the booming that is occuring in San Diego, that they are constructing residential buildings around the Metro Area but has still not exceeded the 152 meters yet. That in my opinion is a Top 15 maybe Top 10 booming city. Definitely not a Top 5. I'm not trying to insult you Argentinans, or anyone else who it may concern and may have offended, but we have to understand the reality, that Buenos Aires is not one of the biggest booms in the world, second largest boom in Latin America, Top 5 booms in The America's, and that's it. When you include Asia then Buenos Aires moves down a couple of spots. I'm not saying that Buenos Aires is not booming, but if this is one of the biggest booms in the world, then there are over 20 other cities that are booming as well, for example Madrid, Frankfurt, London, Cairo, Johannesburg, etc. I hope you all can understand my statement that I have made in this post, Buenos Aires is definitely a beautiful gorgeous city, but definitely not one of the biggest in the world, when someone uses that term I think of Top 5.
I agree with everything you just said, the future Fordham spire and trump tower in chicago, keep making chicago raise up and boom. Besides, the skyscraper was invented in chicago and the first skyscraper ever was built in chicago... so their you go, and people are forgeting about Mexico City. That city keeps booming and booming and is way larger than Buenos Aires, club Bosque Real country club iN Mexico city is creating (expanding) MEXICO CITY'S skyline really fast, their adding 60 floor high towers every month, plus the new big ones being built in MEXICO CITY that will reach the 100's.
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #55
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamaboy9016 View Post
In general I agree with you, panamaboy. Sometimes is good to be more objective. For example, comparing the skyscrapers of Madrid, now there are four in constraution of around 250 metres. None of the Buenos Aires´s skyscrapers comes to that. Still we don´t think that Madrid is Shangai or New York, that would be completely wrong, my God. We are more realistic. I say this with all respect. Anyway there are some interesting things in this Latinamerican city. No way top 5 or 10 in the world anyway. And apart from skysrapers, in general the city still lacks some things like a new airport, better infraestructures, better maintenance, a better tube and more cultural institutions (for example, international museums). That is something necessary to be in the top top, like the name of the thread says. Still...there is hope, maybe some day. For the moment we can enjoy some interesting new things. That is good anyway. We have to start from one point always.
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:53 AM   #56
EL_AMERICANO
EL_AMERICANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridhere View Post
In general I agree with you, panamaboy. Sometimes is good to be more objective. For example, comparing the skyscrapers of Madrid, now there are four in constraution of around 250 metres. None of the Buenos Aires´s skyscrapers comes to that. Still we don´t think that Madrid is Shangai or New York, that would be completely wrong, my God. We are more realistic. I say this with all respect. Anyway there are some interesting things in this Latinamerican city. No way top 5 or 10 in the world anyway. And apart from skysrapers, in general the city still lacks some things like a new airport, better infraestructures, better maintenance, a better tube and more cultural institutions (for example, international museums). That is something necessary to be in the top top, like the name of the thread says. Still...there is hope, maybe some day. For the moment we can enjoy some interesting new things. That is good anyway. We have to start from one point always.

And what city matches everything you just said...? Mexico City!!!!! Mexico City is full of museams and culture, hometown of the Aztecs, theirs the pyramids, the museam of art, museam of science, museam of history, the mexico city chapultepec park (home to the famous panda), and like you just said, mexico city has just renewed it's Aeropuerto Benito Juarez, i just went their, it's soo moderen, new runways, bigger building, hotels inside, its awesome! MEXICO CITY -CHICAGO= FUTURE AND HEAVEN!
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #57
Febo
Soy Viejo, Deme!

Likes (Received): 1231

Oh my god, I will try to imagine the last comment doesn't exist...
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:44 AM   #58
Teto Medina
Ecléctico

Likes (Received): 127

´´El Americano´´ how old are you? like 12 right? at least mentally. Look, If you wanna do some Mexico city propaganda, open up a new thread about it´s wonderful advantages and it´ll be welcome.
But stop coming here bragging around anoying everyone.
Teto Medina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #59
eng_kheffa
HASSAN H. FATHY

GOOD PROGRESS
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #60
xiaoluis
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teto Medina View Post
´´El Americano´´ how old are you? like 12 right? at least mentally. Look, If you wanna do some Mexico city propaganda, open up a new thread about it´s wonderful advantages and it´ll be welcome.
But stop coming here bragging around anoying everyone.
Hey Teto calm down bro, don't low your level , discussing with someone who just wants to bother.
xiaoluis no está en línea   Reply With Quote