daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #281
Chrispic
Registered User
 
Chrispic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montpellier
Posts: 2,143
Likes (Received): 513

It is just an illusion due to the height or the core is smaller, now ?
__________________
Pics ! and follow me on Facebook
Chrispic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #282
TonyMontana87
Registered User
 
TonyMontana87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brescia
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 0

no.the core is always the same...it's just an illusion
TonyMontana87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #283
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispic
It is just an illusion due to the height or the core is smaller, now ?

perspective projection says that the further something is away from you, the smaller it seems ...
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #284
niels1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
That is not an element of this thread but nearby of Jin Mao and SWFC should be build another high rise called "Building Z" or so.Does anyone in the forum know anything about it?When so Please please please post.
i only know it from this movie:
mms://msnbc.wmod.llnwd.net/fc/a275/e1/video/100/c_otm_shangai_060510.asf#0;1.000;0;0;1:2;2:2

that they wand to build a 3 building next to Jinmao that will be higher then both of them

(ps you can just copy the link in internet explorer)
niels1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #285
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
 
malec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cork
Posts: 9,598
Likes (Received): 125

Cool video, can't wait until they release the next supertall
BTW, 1000 scrapers in 5 years?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #286
germantower
i ♥ NY
 
germantower's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,451
Likes (Received): 1155

Its interesting how they compare the tallest tower in San Francisco with the new high-rise project in the video!
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #287
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by niels1
i only know it from this movie:
mms://msnbc.wmod.llnwd.net/fc/a275/e1/video/100/c_otm_shangai_060510.asf#0;1.000;0;0;1:2;2:2

that they wand to build a 3 building next to Jinmao that will be higher then both of them

(ps you can just copy the link in internet explorer)
I don't think the 3rd building will be taller than the Jin Mao. Visit this webpage for the official diagram http://skyscrapers.cn/diagrams/asia/cn/sh/sh001.htm.
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #288
Bitxofo
ˇViva el metro!
 
Bitxofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Posts: 37,435
Likes (Received): 3544

Do they work 25 hours per day or what?
__________________
www.urbanrail.net
Εγώ είμαι ο Νταβόρ!!
David (DavoR for my friends)
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM   #289
jpq21
Registered User
 
jpq21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA/ Hong Kong
Posts: 135
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernization
I don't think the 3rd building will be taller than the Jin Mao. Visit this webpage for the official diagram http://skyscrapers.cn/diagrams/asia/cn/sh/sh001.htm.
How do you know that is the official diagram?
In the video, the new one was definately taller than both (about 650m). The video was also not especially old (square hole) and came from the actual designers. Although a 400m building is much more realistic, I'm just hoping for the best.
Is there a development thread about this building?
__________________
Skyscrapers are life in Hong Kong,
and work, and relaxation, and tourism, and everything else.
Skyscrapers are Hong Hong.
jpq21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #290
drunkenmunkey888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 923
Likes (Received): 53

i definitely believe the video over the diagram. Plus the diagram said that the 400m building is xujiahui building, one that they are building in xujiahui district in puxi right? the third supertall is definitely 650 m because the video is absolutely more reliable than some internet diagram. But still though, i firmly expect the third supertall to be shortened in height after revised designs.
drunkenmunkey888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #291
CULWULLA
Registered User
 
CULWULLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 62,754
Likes (Received): 10134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II
How Tall is it now? 230m or more?
last week it was lev50 or 232m.
that last pic hard to tell? maybe 40 floor levels and 10 more in core.
__________________
Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2020.. https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #292
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmunkey888
i definitely believe the video over the diagram. Plus the diagram said that the 400m building is xujiahui building, one that they are building in xujiahui district in puxi right? the third supertall is definitely 650 m because the video is absolutely more reliable than some internet diagram. But still though, i firmly expect the third supertall to be shortened in height after revised designs.
I called it the official* because it came from a Chinese website, plus it was probably drawn from the real rendering of the project itself. I think the one from the video is just to show you the scale of the project, who knows if it actually become the final design. Other than that, I have no absolute ideas about this tower... Surprisingly, the height is stated at least 460 meters on the skyscraperpage's diagram. There are at least three sources that said different things about the height, how can you know which one to trust
If you want an accurate diagram, you would probably want to refer to skyscrapers.cn because all the proposed and U/C towers are on there. I personally don't like the diagram on skyscraperpage because the drawings are done by various of aritsts.
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #293
macpolo
Registered User
 
macpolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chongqing 重庆
Posts: 1,110
Likes (Received): 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernization
I called it the official* because it came from a Chinese website, plus it was probably drawn from the real rendering of the project itself. I think the one from the video is just to show you the scale of the project, who knows if it actually become the final design. Other than that, I have no absolute ideas about this tower... Surprisingly, the height is stated at least 460 meters on the skyscraperpage's diagram. There are at least three sources that said different things about the height, how can you know which one to trust
If you want an accurate diagram, you would probably want to refer to skyscrapers.cn because all the proposed and U/C towers are on there. I personally don't like the diagram on skyscraperpage because the drawings are done by various of aritsts.
if u speak chinese ,ull see that its not official

just a forum like SSC,and the diagram is done by 孔雀,well ,most of it

孔雀 is a ss fan like of of us
macpolo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #294
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpolo
u speak chinese
YES
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:01 AM   #295
niels1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

i'm also not so sure if this diagram is so correct because the "new"building on nanjing road is also not in.

so it is hard to say who is correct. because it looks like that this website don't have new updates for everything
niels1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:45 AM   #296
ssfan
空中之城
 
ssfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Beijing
Posts: 287
Likes (Received): 17

Jun 26, from skyscrapers.cn

ssfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #297
ssfan
空中之城
 
ssfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Beijing
Posts: 287
Likes (Received): 17

Jun 27, from skyscrapers.cn


ssfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #298
Stephan23
Bonsai
 
Stephan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich
Posts: 7,299
Likes (Received): 93

__________________
SUPER BAYERN SUPER BAYERN, HEY HEY
Stephan23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #299
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus
 
Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 37,357
Likes (Received): 3659

No word could ever describe it's speed!!
__________________
You have the right to remain silent, everything you say will be misquoted and used against you in the forum

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #300
Blue Viking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 503
Likes (Received): 3

Thank you very much ssfan! Every update is very much appreciated. I wish i lived (in a skyscraper) in Shanghai so I could follow the progress of the SWFC every day!

Blue Viking no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu