daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #21
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

wow....... now is really tall and glass facade looks a bit different like dark colored on the sides or corners and very brightened in the middle.......perhaps its only about windows closed and opened respectively, or the way glass do not reflect in the corners because there is no window space, just concrete walls , while in the middle of facade we can see reflections because of the large spaces between floor and floor !

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #22
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3663

May 29, 2006 :

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #23
Monkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven
The cladding appears white because of the sun louvres, clearly these are not needed for the lookalike cladding panels that are covering the 4 concrete corners of the tower. I doubt you will notice this effect much from afar but it will probably become more obvious the closer you get to the tower and the more you have to crane your neck up to see it.
Are you sure? What exactly are sun louvres anyway? Is it some kind of metal awning sheltering the windows from the sun?
Monkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #24
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperu34
wow....... now is really tall and glass facade looks a bit different like dark colored on the sides or corners and very brightened in the middle.......perhaps its only about windows closed and opened respectively, or the way glass do not reflect in the corners because there is no window space, just concrete walls , while in the middle of facade we can see reflections because of the large spaces between floor and floor !
It can just be the image angle that makes the glass so dark. On a green shiny day without all the pollution this tower looks very blueish and nice probably.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #25
conc.man

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazaq
Video 2 is been showed in Flash, so you have to have flash to see it. I just saw i had a dead link on video 2, so i have uploaded a new link now.
Nice start post!

This is the direct link of your second video.
http://www.mori.co.jp/overseas/shanghai/en_movie.swf
conc.man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #26
Urban Dave
In Urbanity I Trust

Likes (Received): 1518

Changes can be seen from one day to other!
Urban Dave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #27
larven

Likes (Received): 2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Are you sure? What exactly are sun louvres anyway? Is it some kind of metal awning sheltering the windows from the sun?
Positive.

Check out the photos below and you will see what I mean more clearly. There are metallic protusions above every floor which I'm assuming are some hind of shading device or maybe just a detail on the facade. As you can see from more extreme angles i.e. looking directly up and down, they become more prominant and therefore noticable. A similar effect is noticable on 2IFC in HK where the building can appear white from certain angles yet up close it is clearly a dark blue. Its these "projections" that are making the facade look white from a distance yet dark on the perimeter colums where they are not being installed. I think it looks great, it adds extra depth to the skin of the building.

larven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #28
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

nice facade and fastastic tower!!!!
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #29
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1376

You know guys the last renderings look so real
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #30
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

wow, the glass is starting to look very nice !!!!!!!!!

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #31
Monkey
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven
Positive.

Check out the photos below and you will see what I mean more clearly. There are metallic protusions above every floor which I'm assuming are some hind of shading device or maybe just a detail on the facade. As you can see from more extreme angles i.e. looking directly up and down, they become more prominant and therefore noticable. A similar effect is noticable on 2IFC in HK where the building can appear white from certain angles yet up close it is clearly a dark blue. Its these "projections" that are making the facade look white from a distance yet dark on the perimeter colums where they are not being installed. I think it looks great, it adds extra depth to the skin of the building.

OK I see. I'm relieved. Thanks for the info.
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:06 AM   #32
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 203

can someone host the pic on different site or something? im furious, i cant see the pics! They just dont load! Havent been able to observe constuction.. since uh... well.... 3 months ago!
ch1le está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:12 AM   #33
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1le
can someone host the pic on different site or something? im furious, i cant see the pics! They just dont load! Havent been able to observe constuction.. since uh... well.... 3 months ago!
Strange computer you have mate! get your ass on msn and ill send you the pic!
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:24 AM   #34
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks
It will have the highest roof and highest floor if it beets the BD. It won't be as tall as the spire on the Taipei 101. Mind you, I doubt the Chinese are too happy about being outdone by Taiwan and it wouldn't surprise me if there was some last minute change...
Ummm... Its not clear what you are trying to say here but if you are saying that the roof and highest floor are going to be taller than BD, there is no way it could be taller. BD projected height for top floor is 630m, thats 135m higher than SWFC and exludes the 150m+ spire. :-)
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:44 AM   #35
Monkey
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenico
Ummm... Its not clear what you are trying to say here but if you are saying that the roof and highest floor are going to be taller than BD, there is no way it could be taller. BD projected height for top floor is 630m, thats 135m higher than SWFC and exludes the 150m+ spire. :-)
He means that if it beats the Burj Dubai to completion (and in height at the given moment in time) then it will briefly reign as the scraper with the world's highest roof and floor.
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:39 AM   #36
Jamandell (d69)
Skyscraperholic

Likes (Received): 229

I've seen the construction diagram now and I never realised how much taller the SWFC will look compared to Taipei 101!
Jamandell (d69) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:54 AM   #37
Richo
I Can Be Blunt!!

Likes (Received): 22

A1 - best building in the world IMO.

Don't drink the water - fish f#*k in it.
Richo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:48 AM   #38
xiaoluis
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Oh god...!!! wonderful
xiaoluis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:39 AM   #39
letsgo

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1le
haha... poor you. try this:
http://www.xitek.com/forum/showthrea...hreadid=363422
letsgo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:25 AM   #40
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

A wonderful building. I like this one better than the Burj and FS. I wish they had kept the circle design though. Oh well. I also believe there will be last minute changes. Perhaps more floors or spire or both!
WhiteMagick está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote