daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:31 PM   #61
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Modern steel has been designed to rust only a small amount inward. The rest of the steel remains unrusted.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM   #62
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Just a rendering we have seen before:

And a small construction pic:

Last edited by Ŝróndeimr; June 1st, 2006 at 02:20 PM.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM   #63
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

Likes (Received): 6

1st time i,ve seen pics of this building. And what a building!!

I like the rectangular opening and the fact that there are no spires. Makes a nice change.

When is the completion date?

(Nice Picture Qazaq!)
DocShergar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:54 PM   #64
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShergar
1st time i,ve seen pics of this building. And what a building!!

I like the rectangular opening and the fact that there are no spires. Makes a nice change.

When is the completion date?

(Nice Picture Qazaq!)
Early/mid 2008 as far as i know. I hope you saw all the pics in the first page, and not just the image i posted above!
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:13 PM   #65
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

Likes (Received): 6

Yeah seen them all. Looks fantastic. Makes the tower next to it look ancient!

The plan drawings on one of the previous pages is really good. Wouldnt mind staying in that hotel one day!
DocShergar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM   #66
letsgo

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Green
I can`t read Chinese so can you please search for me for other skyscrapers over 300m under construction in China?
Beijing WTC3 and the many many other towers. Please.
i don't know. sorry
letsgo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:46 PM   #67
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

It is a really good design, but in my opinion it don't fits well into the skyline of shanghai.And it is too much hidden by surrounding buildings.I hope the local construction agency will forbid to build near around the SWFC to enhance and keep the view on it.On renders the SWTC already disturb the view on it.
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:23 AM   #68
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
It is a really good design, but in my opinion it don't fits well into the skyline of shanghai.And it is too much hidden by surrounding buildings.I hope the local construction agency will forbid to build near around the SWFC to enhance and keep the view on it.On renders the SWTC already disturb the view on it.
This one isn't located on Pudong as far as i know, at least not next to SWFC.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:16 PM   #69
egramsbergen

Likes (Received): 3

this one is in Pudong
egramsbergen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:07 PM   #70
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
Pudong is already sparesly build as it is. Other places like Manhattan the area is packed with buildings that overshadow each other and the streets below them. The thing i love about Pudong is that, for me, its the greenest financial area with wide streets. There is some land around WTC that has been built and i think it should be. It fits perfectly to the Shanghai skyline which is starting to look like Chicago's with two spike heights at each end.
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM   #71
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick
Pudong is already sparesly build as it is. Other places like Manhattan the area is packed with buildings that overshadow each other and the streets below them. The thing i love about Pudong is that, for me, its the greenest financial area with wide streets. There is some land around WTC that has been built and i think it should be. It fits perfectly to the Shanghai skyline which is starting to look like Chicago's with two spike heights at each end.
Thats exaclty what I dont like about Pudong. Density is way too low.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:26 PM   #72
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

It's time for a new picture of the whole tower!!!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM   #73
Fayadi

It is better environmentally if the building density is too low. If buildings are too close to each other, wind flow to the city is reduced which will cause hotter temperature and cause less sunlight to shine. I agree with WhiteMagick, Pudong is the greenest financial area. The city planners are really wise people, they seek to make the city green as the city modernise. Just take a look at the number of parks in the city and the amount of money invested into them. Widely sparsed building is better IMHO also because you can see a clearer picture of each building better thus appreciatin them more. Cities with buildings built closely to each other are so typical, Shanghai is unique in a sense. It feels greener. Besides there is still a lot of empty lands in Pudong, building more skyscrapers sparsely will enhance a city image as a financial center without comprosing its greenery in my opinion
Fayadi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM   #74
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayadi
It is better environmentally if the building density is too low. If buildings are too close to each other, wind flow to the city is reduced which will cause hotter temperature and cause less sunlight to shine. I agree with WhiteMagick, Pudong is the greenest financial area. The city planners are really wise people, they seek to make the city green as the city modernise. Just take a look at the number of parks in the city and the amount of money invested into them. Widely sparsed building is better IMHO also because you can see a clearer picture of each building better thus appreciatin them more. Cities with buildings built closely to each other are so typical, Shanghai is unique in a sense. It feels greener. Besides there is still a lot of empty lands in Pudong, building more skyscrapers sparsely will enhance a city image as a financial center without comprosing its greenery in my opinion
I totally agree. You got exactly my point. Look at 9/11. When the twins went down they damaged all the building around them and one really got badly damaged.(don't remember its name)

Why? Cause they were built too close to each other. Imagine what would have happened in one of the twins first tilted and them fell. Half of manhattan would have been flatted.

Pudong is a real urban jungle of concrete, steel, glass, grass and trees. All major cities are now regretting the lack of green space cause it causes serious pollution and smog problems reducing the quality of life in the city.
Shanghai will all its green space will have en edge.
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:01 PM   #75
googlepeakoil

With that other tower/aerial like building nearby made of all those circular objects the towers previous design with it's circular hole would have been so much nicer. The square / trapezoid hole looks harsh, ugly. It's stupid and started over something serious but irrelevant - Japan not telling their kids in history class the details of WWII. Therefore cant have any circular symoblism.
Just recently announced - the new Chinese square wheeled car! Bit bumpy, but at least it doesnt resemble the Japanese emblem of the rising sun.
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:44 PM   #76
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egramsbergen
this one is in Pudong
Yeah i know, lol, i was thinking of the other proposed supertall in Shanghai, but posted it in the wrong thread!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:23 PM   #77
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlepeakoil
With that other tower/aerial like building nearby made of all those circular objects the towers previous design with it's circular hole would have been so much nicer. The square / trapezoid hole looks harsh, ugly. It's stupid and started over something serious but irrelevant - Japan not telling their kids in history class the details of WWII. Therefore cant have any circular symoblism.
Just recently announced - the new Chinese square wheeled car! Bit bumpy, but at least it doesnt resemble the Japanese emblem of the rising sun.
lol

Yes, kind of kindergarten behaviour.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:01 PM   #78
letsgo

Many new updates here: http://www.xitek.com/forum/showthrea...hreadid=363422
, but i don't know how to post pic.
letsgo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM   #79
ssfan
空中之城

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo
Many new updates here: http://www.xitek.com/forum/showthrea...hreadid=363422
, but i don't know how to post pic.
It's my pleasure. From [email protected], 2006/06/02

ssfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM   #80
engiNerd

You can definately make out the taper on the right side in this pic. The first and second pics show the corner starting to flatten out for the taper. Great shots! You can follow the start of the taper up to figure out how much higher the building will go.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."
engiNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote