daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2006, 01:45 AM   #21
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
E jebiga samo da dobro izgleda toranj.. Ali ne!

Crap design really, but I do think it will become a mighty landmark.. And create serious complexes for our neighbours hehehe
Hehehe, you really think so?

So I guess you had a complex when Zagreb and Sarajevo for the past couple of years have been building towers while Belgrade wasn't?

Lets be realistic here. What are the chances that someone will build Europe's tallest tower in one of Europe's most impoverished nations?

Its a great concept although the design could be better, but this a building better suited to cities like Warsaw, Moscow, Kiev, Berlin and not in a city that only has a couple of towers barely over the 100m mark and certainly not clustered together.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2006, 02:33 AM   #22
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity

So I guess you had a complex when Zagreb and Sarajevo for the past couple of years have been building towers while Belgrade wasn't?

Lets be realistic here. What are the chances that someone will build Europe's tallest tower in one of Europe's most impoverished nations?
Uhm. If they manage it to find investors , I'd say chances are as high as anywhere.
And knowing Jugoslavs' stubborness and pride, I'd say it may well be built in the end.
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #23
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:

Its a great concept although the design could be better, but this a building better suited to cities like Warsaw, Moscow, Kiev, Berlin and not in a city that only has a couple of towers barely over the 100m mark and certainly not clustered together.
LOL you idiot.. read who the investor is.. A belgian firm, Besix, who was involved in the construction of skyscrapers around the world, including the Burj Dubai.

Investors have been found, now it's up to the city to allow this project, not up to the investors to build it. They've made up their minds already.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 03:12 AM   #24
Cah SMG

Likes (Received): 64

it's too blur to judge, not appealing
Cah SMG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #25
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
LOL you idiot.. read who the investor is.. A belgian firm, Besix, who was involved in the construction of skyscrapers around the world, including the Burj Dubai.

Investors have been found, now it's up to the city to allow this project, not up to the investors to build it. They've made up their minds already.
I have read it and I clearly understand who the investor is so there's no need to get your knickers in a knot.

Seriously, for now its only a proposal. I doubt someone like Besix is going to be completely stupid and build something like this out of pure speculation. No construction firm is that dumb.

They would want significant pre-commitment to the office levels by some large firm which Serbia doesn't have, they would want some hotel chain to commit to the hotel component, and of course they would want a good proportion of the apartments that will occupy the upper half of the proposed tower to be sold up front before they even consider construction.

Like how many people are wealthy enough in Serbia where the average wage is something like $200 per month are going to afford apartments that will likely cost in their millions? This isn't subsidised government housing for the masses.

Realistically this is a tower suited to a mega city and not some Balkan backwater like Belgrade. Good luck.
Old June 6th, 2006, 03:55 AM   #26
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
They would want significant pre-commitment to the office levels by some large firm which Serbia doesn't have,
Why do they all have to be Serb firms?

Quote:
Like how many people are wealthy enough in Serbia where the average wage is something like $200 per month are going to afford apartments that will likely cost in their millions? This isn't subsidised government housing for the masses.
The fact that there are many underpaid folks in Serbia (highly skilled tho') is somewhat actually RAISING the chances of the tower being built.
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:01 AM   #27
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 22

i think all the NATO bomb craters should be fixed before they build any skyscrapers.
OettingerCroat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:17 AM   #28
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by OettingerCroat
i think all the NATO bomb craters should be fixed before they build any skyscrapers.
Are you an idiot or did you not bother reading the info on this tower? THIS IS A PRIVATELY AND FOREIGN FUNDED PROJECT! This has nothing to do with the state of Serbia or the city of Belgrade, neither of the two are funding this project. Why would a foreign firm fix up streets and government buildings in Belgrade? They're not there as goodwill ambassadors but there to make money, and that's exactly what this landmark development will do.

@Sincity
According to Colliers, Belgrade has a shortage of class A office space, this tower is there to aleviate it. Luxury apartments sell fast, we have more than enough very rich and showy citizens to buy apartments there. As for the rest, Besix is obviously in it for the money, they've done their homework and they know that this tower will be a moneymaker. They're backing it up all the way. Only thing now is will the City Council give them the necessary tenders to build this monster or not?

There are a few Serbian firms who could occupy office space in this tower anyway, Delta holdings, Dunav Osiguranje and some various banks...

I don't quite know what the vacancy rates are like in Belgrade, but in Toronto, as soon as they drop below 7% you get a cluster**** of giant office buildings proposed/approved.. I can only imagine the mess Belgrade's in regarding this...
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #29
Sinjin P.
TheLibotero

Likes (Received): 535

Tall but not so nice tower.
Old June 6th, 2006, 07:27 AM   #30
Majevčan
Српски Форум

Likes (Received): 881

Quote:
Originally Posted by OettingerCroat
Still more craters in Croatia
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Back on topic:

1. I'd prefer a cluster of let's say 3x 130-150m towers.
2. If they build this, they should redesign it a bit. Thiner I'd say.
3. On the other hand, constructing such a massive building, could attract various other projects/imvestments.

(In the end they really should care to do the facade properly, this counts most in the end)

Old June 6th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #31
ZimasterX

Likes (Received): 95

Question (hopefully there is some answer): Is it going to have an all glass facade?
ZimasterX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #32
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majevčan
Still more craters in Croatia
yah, your craters
OettingerCroat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #33
Luka

Likes (Received): 2802

Quote:
I have read it and I clearly understand who the investor is so there's no need to get your knickers in a knot.

Seriously, for now its only a proposal. I doubt someone like Besix is going to be completely stupid and build something like this out of pure speculation. No construction firm is that dumb.

They would want significant pre-commitment to the office levels by some large firm which Serbia doesn't have, they would want some hotel chain to commit to the hotel component, and of course they would want a good proportion of the apartments that will occupy the upper half of the proposed tower to be sold up front before they even consider construction.

Realistically this is a tower suited to a mega city and not some Balkan backwater like Belgrade. Good luck.
SinCitiy is jelous
Luka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #34
SinCity
Streetwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka
SinCitiy is jelous

Not in the slightest because if you remember a couple of years ago a private developer proposed a 375 metre skyscraper for Zagreb to which the city government said "NO".

I even agreed because it would have been completely out of scale to rest of Zagreb.

BTW, I'm happy with the number of towers being built and proposed for Zagreb.

Was it the 1980s that Belgrade last built a skyscraper?
Old June 6th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #35
nerazzurri
Milan Boy

Likes (Received): 2

Supreme height! The design is not bad too!
nerazzurri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM   #36
DULE
NS

Likes (Received): 1

what towers in Zagreb and Sarajevo???
DULE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #37
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally

Quote:

Not in the slightest because if you remember a couple of years ago a private developer proposed a 375 metre skyscraper for Zagreb to which the city government said "NO".

I even agreed because it would have been completely out of scale to rest of Zagreb.

BTW, I'm happy with the number of towers being built and proposed for Zagreb.

Was it the 1980s that Belgrade last built a skyscraper?
Our last constructed skyscraper 2004. Even though some might classify Usce as just ‘reconstructed’ around 25 metres was added to the building so therefore it was constructed. With time our skyline will build. Look at the proposed and approved skyscrapers in Belgrade. There around 6. I don’t understand such negativity. It is as if you wish a tower in Belgrade wouldn’t be built. I would love for a few towers to be built in Zagreb, Sarajevo, Podgorica or any other city from ex-Yugoslavia (except Ljubljana – it’s perfect as it is). And if you say Zagreb is building towers then I;m happy for Zagreb and Croatia.
Personally I think that when we get better renderings of the project the design will look much nicer. And I would rather have a 333-metre tower sticking out then nothing at all. The location is excellent. I can only imagine the people living in that area. They are living currently in the biggest construction zone in Belgrade and they could sell their apartments for a lot of money. Just around are Belgrade Arena (2nd largest arena in Europe), and beautiful modern buildings such as GTC house.
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #38
Luka

Likes (Received): 2802

The Belgian investors, Besix, today met with the Serbian Chamber of Commerce to discuss their investment in the skyscraper.

Stevan has contacted Montois Architects, the firm that designed the Besix Tower, and they have generously sent Beobuild a video with better renders of the tower. They are also sending Stevan a DVD with a higher resolution video, so you can all expect to see this soon.

Anyways, here is the currently available video: http://www.beobuild.co.yu/ATowerBesix.avi
Luka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #39
Cliff
Tan

Likes (Received): 172

nice video, the building is okay. But really great news for the city. Argh, every other city is having a building taller than singapore's tallest right now...
Cliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #40
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally

Thanks. I’m sure Singapore will get a taller one soon as it is such a growing city
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote