daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #2481
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
What residential towers have you seen with your own eyes (commie-block excluded)? Have you seen those in Dubai, Vancouver, Toronto, Miami, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, etc?

See them, compare them .... and then judge
Are you saying that only seasoned world travellers are allowed an opinion on this forum?
Sounds like typical AltinD stupid arrogance to me.
The same stupid arrogance that insisted that copper was not a suitable cladding material for modern skyscrapers, and haughtily dismissed the very notion.
Until somebody pointed out that the world financial centre in Manhattan has three modern skyscrapers topped out in the stuff.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #2482
INFERNAL ELF

Location: Trondheim Trying to reach Someplace with Skyscrapers
Likes (Received): 159

What Altin means is that u can see pictures from Hong Kong,Dubai and Toronto,Singapore on this forum.

and its enough to visit just about one of them really to get the perspective.

But back on topic do we have any fresh pics of this world class super tall?

My flickr photo stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infernal_elf/
INFERNAL ELF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2483
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Perspective of height you mean? I've seen towers of world class architecture (libeskind, helmut jahn, som) in the range of 200m on my own eyes and I can imagine any supertall is impressive solely because of it's height, but I believe those tallest towers, because of theirs height, should also represent quality design and finishing. We often can see all towers of the tallest block in single picture with the same light condition, weather, and taken from same angle so I think we are entitled to and it's really easy to distinguish that one tower (infinity) represents quality architecture while others are basically really tall commies with tacky crowns.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #2484
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsnose View Post
Are you saying that only seasoned world travellers are allowed an opinion on this forum?
Sounds like typical AltinD stupid arrogance to me.
The same stupid arrogance that insisted that copper was not a suitable cladding material for modern skyscrapers, and haughtily dismissed the very notion.
Until somebody pointed out that the world financial centre in Manhattan has three modern skyscrapers topped out in the stuff.
You know nothing about skuscrapers so stay away ... lol, insisting on cooper when the thing was clearly aluminium (cooper is cost prohibitive to be used in construction, there's hardly enough to go by for the industry and products tha can't be made out of other materials .... but they don't teach this stuff in The Sun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Perspective of height you mean? I've seen towers of world class architecture (libeskind, helmut jahn, som) in the range of 200m on my own eyes and I can imagine any supertall is impressive solely because of it's height, but I believe those tallest towers, because of theirs height, should also represent quality design and finishing. We often can see all towers of the tallest block in single picture with the same light condition, weather, and taken from same angle so I think we are entitled to and it's really easy to distinguish that one tower (infinity) represents quality architecture while others are basically really tall commies with tacky crowns.
Yes, Infinity is the best skyscraper on that bunch, followed by Ocean heights, and that was never in dispute or even under discussion.

The point here is thate these are residential towers with balconies, and you sooooo miserablhy are failing to gasp the conceptOnce again, go check residential towers from around the world and then come back and talk.

And for your info, there is nothing wrong with the cladding of the towers, it's standart cladding used in skyscrapers of such nature.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2485
parsonsnose
BANNED

You know nothing about skuscrapers so stay away ... lol, insisting on cooper when the thing was clearly aluminium (cooper is cost prohibitive to be used in construction,

You know nothing about copper, it would be a start if you could learn how to spell it.
Misrepresenting peoples comments now are we? You know that I never once insisted that it WOULD be copper, what I insisted on was that copper is a suitable material for such a construction, (we were talking about the podium on the shanghai tower at the time). You insisted that it wasn't until you were educated and put straight by myself and others who know better. Seems that was a waste of time.

there's hardly enough to go by for the industry and products tha can't be made out of other materials

There is no shortage of copper other than that caused by the high demand for it from countries like China forcing the price up, guess where the Shabnghai tower is being built, on that project money is no object to those guys.

but they don't teach this stuff in The Sun

I wouldn't know, I've never looked at that toilet paper since 1989.

Last edited by parsonsnose; December 9th, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #2486
parsonsnose
BANNED

[QUOTE=INFERNAL ELF;98124033]What Altin means is that u can see pictures from Hong Kong,Dubai and Toronto,Singapore on this forum.

QUOTE]

Perhaps you should read his post again.
Full of his usual arrogant dismissals of anyone who disagrees with his viewpoint. And when he says 'with your own eyes' he's not talking about pictures on a computer.
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #2487
patrykus

Quote:
The point here is thate these are residential towers with balconies, and you sooooo miserablhy are failing to gasp the conceptOnce again, go check residential towers from around the world
Yes, they are residentials with balconies as is the infinity. Yet infinity have class the rest don't.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old December 9th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #2488
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Misrepresenting peoples comments now are we? You know that I never once insisted that it WOULD be copper, what I insisted on was that copper is a suitable material for such a construction, (we were talking about the podium on the shanghai tower at the time). You insisted that it wasn't until you were educated and put straight by myself and others who know better. Seems that was a waste of time.

There is no shortage of copper other than that caused by the high demand for it from countries like China forcing the price up, guess where the Shanghai tower is being built, on that project money is no object to those guys.
Copper is not a suitable building material now-days. Apart the cost factors, it offers neither the aesthetics, nor the strength and easiness to work on as aluminum or composites. Can you check when those NYC towers were actually build?

PS: Copper can also be poisonous

PS2: China is the main consumer because they are building all the shit that your country and the others like it, stopped producing for a reason or another.

Quote:
Yes, they are residentials with balconies as is the infinity. Yet infinity have class the rest don't.
Once again, forget Infinity, concentrate on the residential towers (with balconies) around the World. From Vancouver, to Miami, Toronto, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai end etc. ( a simple look at today's banner would help too)
I can cheat you blind.

Old December 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #2489
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
QUOTE=INFERNAL ELF;98124033 What Altin means is that u can see pictures from Hong Kong,Dubai and Toronto,Singapore on this forum.

QUOTE]

Perhaps you should read his post again.
Full of his usual arrogant dismissals of anyone who disagrees with his viewpoint. And when he says 'with your own eyes' he's not talking about pictures on a computer.
Yes, nothing beats the 'with own eyes'. It offer an perspective you can't get from the picture .... but you can't understand that unless you experience first hand

PS: Learn to quote properly, you're making a mess all over the place
I can cheat you blind.

Last edited by AltinD; December 9th, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old December 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #2490
patrykus

Quote:
Once again, forget Infinity, concentrate on the residential towers (with balconies) around the World. From Vancouver, to Miami, Toronto, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai end etc. ( a simple look at today's banner would help too)
And how tall are they? 150m? 200m? Are they advertised as top luxury in the market?

Old December 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2491
AltinD
The Modecator

Neither are those of Dubai
I can cheat you blind.

Old December 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #2492
patrykus

So how is that infinity is so much better than anything else in the tallest block? Are those apartments much more expensive than the rest? It's not even the tallest tower in the block you know. And if those towers are just cheap space for middle class (which I doubt) why is it that each of them have to be topped with those tacky crowns giving me an impression of an lipstick on a pig. This is why I think hong kong commies are even sort of better because they are what they are, and don't pretend being anything else in a cheap way.

You're trying to prove that it isn't possible to do anything better in the tallest block which infinity clearly shows it is.

Old December 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #2493
AltinD
The Modecator

Crowns are not just useless decorations

... and yes, in general Infinity is more expensive then those other towers
I can cheat you blind.

Old December 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #2494
PrincessTower
Tallest Block Resident

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
So how is that infinity is so much better than anything else in the tallest block? Are those apartments much more expensive than the rest? ...
the developer stated that the cost of construction is +25% due to the twist alone. it's one of the most expensive towers, yet, the developer is making the least profit margin out of it (if any, I'm actually afraid they are losing quite a lot of money in this project).

I'm still thinking: in the surorunding towers you get "Infinity view", which is the best part of the project, but don't need to deal with all the downsides.
PrincessTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #2495
patrykus

Quote:
Crowns are not just useless decorations

... and yes, in general Infinity is more expensive then those other towers

Oh you know what, never mind Kan.. sorry Altin. It's only my opinion that they represent mediocre architecture. After all the most important thing is what you feel. If you think tallest block doesn't deserve anything better then good for you I guess. I still believe with the same cost and materials and boxy footprint they could do much better than what they did, but hey I haven't even finished my trip around the world yet so I shouldn't even comment here right

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #2496
AltinD
The Modecator

.... downsides such as werd apartment layouts, much higher maintanance costs etc
I can cheat you blind.

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2497
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner01 View Post
Theyremoved some of the scaffolding at the top:

[IMG]http://i49.************/2wqr712.jpg[/IMG]
I can cheat you blind.

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #2498
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Oh you know what, never mind Kan.. sorry Altin. It's only my opinion that they represent mediocre architecture. After all the most important thing is what you feel. If you think tallest block doesn't deserve anything better then good for you I guess. I still believe with the same cost and materials and boxy footprint they could do much better than what they did, but hey I haven't even finished my trip around the world yet so I shouldn't even comment here right
Your "believes" are wrong .... and yes, I would have preferred something better then some of them, but then again, I'm a realistic, I don't ask or pretend things just for the sake of it. Plus I also try to understand reasons behind things, instead of just jumping and screaming like a kid in a toy-store
I can cheat you blind.

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2499
parsonsnose
BANNED

Copper is not a suitable building material now-days. Apart the cost factors, it offers neither the aesthetics, nor the strength and easiness to work on as aluminum or composites.

Copper (glad you finally learned to spell it) is one of the most malleable and easy to work metals in existence. With high durability and resistance to corrosion.

You don't like the way I quote....tough.
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #2500
patrykus

Quote:
Your "believes" are wrong .... and yes, I would have preferred something better then some of them, but then again, I'm a realistic, I don't ask or pretend things just for the sake of it. Plus I also try to understand reasons behind things, instead of just jumping and screaming like a kid in a toy-store
Can you prove me wrong? Even different colors and simpler more elegant crowns would do much better without skyrocketing the costs or even decreasing it. But clearly some developers simply lacks some taste and think it's great idea to put wicker basket on top of a building (yes balconies are not the reason why this buildings are ugly). If anybody you are jumping like a kid around my opinion like if it was so hard to just accept it and move on. If this forum is not for discussing architecture then what is it for?

Tags
dubai, som, united arab emirates