daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #21
FrancisXavier
long live...

Likes (Received): 4

any real picture of mumbai.. i dont have an idea how its skyline looks like.
FrancisXavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #22
prelude
student and traveller

Likes (Received): 1

Two or three building are really impressive but the rest don’t deserve to be posted...please take no offence if you post these normal residential buildings ...then if a poster from say London or Berlin or Moscow or Newyork starts posting then the number of buildings will be endless bcoz most of the buildings in these cities are higher and better looking than the ones posted...
India has developed no doubt ..but these buildings don’t give the actual picture of Mumbai....majority of Mumbai is still an underdeveloped 3rd world city ..full of dirt, poverty ,slums and pollution ...Indian economy will develop but these things wont change unless the Indian Government doesn’t do anything to reduce her population.....all the credit goes to Indian economy that in spite of such a huge population its growing ...had India's population a bit less I would have easily surpassed other Asian tigers like Singapore Taiwan and China .

India has many things good (culture etc) but the first impression that a foreigner gets about India is not at all good (forget about being impressive).
prelude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #23
Rahmani
-|-

Likes (Received): 27

Some great buildings.

Looks like Dubai Marina.
Rahmani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #24
shaggers_jr
can the can

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude
Indian economy will develop but these things wont change unless the Indian Government doesn’t do anything to reduce her population.....all the credit goes to Indian economy that in spite of such a huge population its growing ...had India's population a bit less I would have easily surpassed other Asian tigers like Singapore Taiwan and China .

India has many things good (culture etc) but the first impression that a foreigner gets about India is not at all good (forget about being impressive).
While it's true that India has a long way to develop and even Bombay, which is the most developed city in India, has a long way to go, the suggestion that India's population growth is to blame for its problems is absurd. After all, China has a BIGGER population than India and its infrastructure is booming. In the long run india's population may in fact be one of its biggest economic assets. As populations in the West and China continue to decline (except the USA) the rest of the world will grow increasingly reliant on India as both a massive market and a skills and labour supplier. Population is the least of India's problems.
shaggers_jr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #25
prelude
student and traveller

Likes (Received): 1

Yes population is inviting investments ..good for India ...but what about those people sleeping in the streets ?with population the the Indian gdp will grow but GDP per capita wont have any significant improvement....and I think unofficially toady India has a population higher than China ...most Indians dont have passports(as in the West, USA or Russia) and immigration from neighbouring poor countries like Bangladesh is booming ...

And no doubt Bombay is the economic capital of India ...but i think Bangalore and Chandigarh are better than Mumbai.

As far as China is concerned ..yes her infrastructure and economy is booming (so is India's)...but apart from some modern malls and some high rise buildings China didnt appear superior to India to me ..most Chinese are still very poor when compared to Western Europe or even Russia.

Last edited by prelude; June 28th, 2006 at 04:49 PM.
prelude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #26
shaggers_jr
can the can

Are you saying it's impossible to house a billion people? It's not. The people sleeping on the streets have come to those cities to try and make their fortune, a better life, whatever. The reason China doesn't have (many) people on the streets is that they have movement restrictions. There has been debate about introducing these in India to to try and cap the population of cities like Bombay. Unlike China, however, India is a (sort of) democracy and people there are very tolerant of chaos and mess (unlike the Chinese) and tend to believe that if people want to go somewhere then they ought to be allowed to do so (I also tend to be of this opinion). India's problem is not the sheer number of people it's the complete lack of organisation, the loony bureaucracy and corruption. When they fix this stuff, the rest will follow.
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #27
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 14167

I would say that please don't start the usually stupid India China debate and spoil the thread.

That is exactly the motive of some people here and by taking their bait, the thread will basically end for closure which maybe one of the intentions.

BTW great work Jai in compiling the list.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #28
shaggers_jr
can the can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity
I would say that please don't start the usually stupid India China debate and spoil the thread.

That is exactly the motive of some people here and by taking their bait, the thread will basically end for closure which maybe one of the intentions.

BTW great work Jai in compiling the list.
I ahve no intention of starting an India China debate. I am merely using China as a useful parrallel because of the similar size of the countries' population.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #29
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

I'll take Sun's advice and am not going to contribute to having yet another good thread scrapped because of the flamewar that's yet again going to happen. And even regardless, that debate is something that belongs in the city discussions forum and not this thread which is solely about u/c highrises. Please.

Prelude, will reply the relevant parts of your comments later when I am free. Though, if I may now summize my reply in one emoticon: .

Cheers,
Jai

Last edited by Jai; June 28th, 2006 at 10:07 PM.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #30
Jai

Hi,

I have updated the first post in this thread (the rendering masterlist) to add the following approved or u/c projects:

Added rendering for RNA @ Central Park, Chembur: ~40 stories.

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Raheja One Altamount Road, Altamount Road, Mumbai: ~34 stories.

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Raheja Atlantis, Worli: 36 stories

~~~~~

Added new rendering for Sunbeam Tower, Andheri (West): 35 stories

~~~~~

Hiranandani Orchid, Thane: 32 stories

Building approved, but no rendering released yet.

~~~~~

Orbit Eternia, Parel: 31 stories

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Runwal Infinity, Mulund: five towers of 30 storeys each

~~~~~

Orbit Grand, I & II, Lower Parel: two towers of 30, 27 stories each.

~~~~~

Hiranandani Glendale, Powai: 30 stories

~~~~~

Mahindra Eminente, Goregaon: 28 stories

~~~~~

Lakshchandi Heights, Goregaon (East): 28 stories

~~~~~

Haridarshan, Borivali (W): 28 stories

~~~~~

Ashok Gardens], Parel: two towers of 28 stories each

~~~~~

Added height information and new rendring of the re-designing of Orbit Enclave, Prarthana Samaj: 28 stories

~~~~~

Hiranandani Northside, Thane: 27 stories

~~~~~

Unnat Nagar Akshay CHS, Goregaon (West): four towers of 26, 25, 22 and 18 stories each.

~~~~~

Sanghvi Heights, : 26 stories

~~~~~

Gladstone Heights, Kandivali: 26 stories

~~~~~

Yarrow, Yucca and Vinca, Powai: three towers of 25 stories each.

~~~~~

Eden Garden, Mulund (W): two towers of 25 stories each.

~~~~~

Sumit Apartment, Goregaon (E): 25 stories

~~~~~

Neptune Living Point, Bhandup: 15 towers of 25 stories each

~~~~~

Keshav Kunj, Nerul: four towers of 25 stories each

~~~~~

Evershine Sapphire, Chandivali: 25 stories

~~~~~

To see the renderings of just those above new projects I added, please visit this post in the SSC India forum.

Cheers,
Jai
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #31
Mants
transatlanticism

Likes (Received): 5

just amazing all the stuff going on here

wow, i never realised
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #32
xInfamuzPunjabix

Likes (Received): 0

are all of them aprooved? btw sum nice buildings
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #33
Jai

Yes, they are all approved, except for the two proposals that were mentioned on the first page. The vast majority of them (>75%) are under construction

The Indian property scene is weird in that renderings, etc. are usually released on the internet after the fact -- i.e. after construction has already begun. Most of the time, builders already sell out their projects through local advertisment (newspapers, realtors, etc.) so that by the time word that the project even exists trickles down to us, its already old news.

Check out this recent pic of part of the rising skyline anchored by the Imperial towers (see rendering at top of this page):

In that random picture alone, there are a slew of capital projects under construction replacing old buildings that we simply have no idea of.

It sucks

Last edited by Jai; August 30th, 2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old October 5th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #34
Jai

edit-double post

Last edited by Jai; October 6th, 2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old October 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #35
Jai

Hi,

I have updated the first post in this thread (the rendering masterlist) to add the following approved or u/c projects:

Corrected height information and added new rendring of the re-designing of The Imperial, Tardeo: 63 storey twin towers

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Unnamed Project by Kalpataru Constructions, Parel: 56 storey twin towers.

~~~~~

Corrected height information and added new better rendering of RNA Metropolitan, Parel: one (two?) tower(s) of [over] 54 stories (each). More information needed.

~~~~~

Added new rendering and information of Orchid Woods, Goregaon: three towers of 54 stories each

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Ashok Towers, Parel: 54 storey tower, three 32 storey towers

~~~~~~

Added new rendering of Planet Godrej, Mahalaxmi: 51 stories

~~~~~

Added height information and new rendring of the re-designing of Vasant Splendour Mulund (West): 50 stories

~~~~~

Corrected height information and added new better rendering of RNA Metropolis, Wadala (West): two towers of [over] 48 stories each; multiple towers of ~32 stories each. More information needed.

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Raheja Legend, Worli: 48 stories

~~~~

Added height information and rendring of the of Raheja Excelsior, Haji Ali: 46 stories.

~~~~~

Saidham, , Mumbai: 45 stories

~~~~~

Oberoi Spring, Mumbai: three towers of 41 stories each.

Building approved, but no rendering released yet

~~~~~

Spring Mills, Mill Lands: two towers of 40 stories each

~~~~~

Mumbai Mills, Mill Lands: two towers of 40 stories each. More information needed

~~~~~

Corrected height informatin for Nirmal World Homes, Mulund (West): three towers of 38 stories each

~~~~~

Added height information and new rendring of the re-designing of Vasant Grandeur, Borivali (East): 38 stories

~~~~~

Corrected height information and added new rendering for Sunbeam Tower, Andheri (West): 38 stories

~~~~~

Added rendering for Hiranandani Glendale, Powai: 36 stories

~~~~~

Added height information and new rendring of the re-designing of Vasant Polaris, Goregaon (West): 35 stories

~~~~~

Heaven, Mulund (West): four towers of 34 stories each

~~~~~

Corrected height information for Oberoi Commercial Tower, Mumbai: 32 stories.

~~~~~

Lake Primrose, Powai: two towers of 25 stories each; additional towers

~~~~~

RNA Royal Park, Kandivali (West): 25 stories.

~~~~~

To see the renderings of just those above new projects I added, please visit this post in the SSC India forum.

Cheers,
Jai
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:20 AM   #36
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1606

Now, that's allot of towers!!!
Old October 8th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #37
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1142

nice pics, membay booming is soon or later! great potencial city.

i read western newspaper said average chinese worker only earn 50 usd a month, do you all westerners believe this? and i french newspaper introduce romania labour force said:" average romonia worker earn 200 EUR a month, the chinese come to romonia, they also paid 200 EUR a month, that's 6 times of they earned in china.do you all westerners believe this?
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #38
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Can someone post proper rendrings of RNA metropolitan & RNA metropolis? The current rendrings seem to be the sketch work of a 5 years old.
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #39
Jai

Those are the renderings we have. I had to expand them from smaller-than-thumbnail size images leading to image quality degredation. They are planned to break ground in a year, though the plots have been purchased and apparently flats have been sold.

Old October 11th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #40
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai View Post
Those are the renderings we have. I had to expand them from smaller-than-thumbnail size images leading to image quality degredation. They are planned to break ground in a year, though the plots have been purchased and apparently flats have been sold.
If you say that the flats have been sold then there has got to be proper rendrings. Nobody would put their money on a project where even the outlook is blurred. This raises a questionmark on the integrity of the project.
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai