daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #181
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jünyus Brütüs View Post
Yes, I am a Turk which is the name of people live in Anatolia. Central Asians on the other hand called Turkic. But actually I myself have Balkan roots, just I don't want to associate myself with Balkans that's why I like to call myself Anatolian which is mother land of the nation I belong
If your roots are from the Balkans, then either your ancestors 'moved' to the Balkans during the Ottoman period, or you belong to one of the Balkan ethnic groups and your ancestors were "Turkified". Even if it is the first, your roots are still originally from the east.

For example when I have children, and they have children, and their children have children, their roots aren't going to be from Australia, they will still be from Greece. The fact they are born in Australia and so are their parents, grandparents etc, will form part of their family history, but it will not alter who they are and the origins of their family.
1821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #182
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jünyus Brütüs View Post
If he was not able to speak Turkish so how did he communicate with grand vizers? in Greek? impossible since he had Armenian parents.

I have never claimed that he was drafted as a child, read again. I've claimed that he became devshirme by voluntarily since Ottomans took little children. If someone became devshirme at his 23 so he's obviously volunteer.

Don't make me repeat myself. I said, "I don't think Kayseri has any example of Byzantine architecture. I don't surprised, as an Anatolian I know specialities of Byzantine architecture better than you and seriously eastern Turkish cities don't carry specialites of Byzantine architecture, Persian or Armenian influence are much more higher.
1. Lol I never said he did not speak Turkish at all. I said you cannot claim that Turkish was his mother language because he had parents of non-turkic background. And then you judge me about my reading! Obviously he learned Turkish because he lived in the Ottoman Empire! DUH! But probably did not speak it as a mother language.

2. If he volunteered at the age of 23 as a baptized christian (all children to christians those times were baptized at infancy) why was he accepted to the Janissaries?

3. ''I don't think Kayseri has any example of Byzantine architecture.'''

The word ''any'' means 'none at all'. I still don't understand though why the only way he would be influenced by Byzantine architecture is via byzantine architecture in Kayseri. Anatolia is full of examples of byzantine architecture.

And to finish up this discussion. Sinan was evidently of a non ottoman-turkish background however he obviously was Ottoman and I see no reason why Turks cannot feel proud about him!

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #183
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
Instabullu I proposed that we made a friendly exchange of the achievements of modern Greece and Turkey in an effort to bridge the gaps of misunderstanding and promote a wider knoweledge and understanding between our civilizations and cultures and this is the answer you give me? How very UNcivilized! Your behaviour is immature, nationalist, racist and insulting for modern day Turks!

I strongly propose that you get both an education and a life. Grow up.
what?! ok..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #184
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1821 View Post
Don't pay too much attention to istanbullu, he likes to deny everything that is Greek is actually Greek.
Inferiority complex they call it I believe.
Show me one source that defines Sinan as a Greek architect. If you can't can you plase crawl back to your hole?

He was most likely from Armenian background(see I can gladly admit that).. There is no certainty on his roots actually.. Some sources say Armenian, some say Greek.. and what kind of a difference does it make? No one really cares except some loser people really.. He was an Ottoman Turk. If he'd have been alive today and saw you call him Greek he would have punched you in the face probably..
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #185
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
yaaawwnnnn what? eat these..

Quote:
Sinan was born as a Christian in 1489 in Anatolia in a small town called Ağırnas (present name Mimarsinanköy) near the city of Kayseri (as stated in an order of sultan Selim II), of Armenian descent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinan

there are zillions of other sources about his armenian descent.. just google 'sinan armenian'... you loser..

and what difference does it make according to you if he was greek or armenian descent. He was an OTTOMAN TURK.

what kind of a miserable people are you? even trying to take credit from rumours on his background..

Last edited by Istanbullu; May 10th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #186
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
Ordinarily, I would agree, BUT, we are dealing with Istanbullu...a simple creature with stubborn tendencies. No matter how many times you show him proof of something he will deny it, especially if it has something to do with Greece.

And yes, someone born to Greek parents IS GREEK....no matter where that person is born, under what "regime" they are born in, whether they are slaves or free, educated or ignorant...

Let me ask you something: Let's say your parents were travelling while your mother was pregnant with you and they were caught up in some civil war in some African country (let's say Sudan; again, this is simply an example). Your mother then gives birth and you happen to be born in Sudan. They cannot escape and you end up living your first 15 years in Sudan. Despite this, ARE YOU STILL NOT A TURK?

Come on man. Who are you guys trying to fool? Sinan WAS BORN TO GREEK CHRISTIAN PARENTS. I don't care where they were born, or the fact that the Ottoman Empire ruled the region at this time. These thing are inconsequential. What were his parents? GREEK. It doesn't matter if he was born in the confines of the Ottoman Empire, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, the Spanish Empire, WHATEVER...He is Greek...Why can't you Turks understand this concept?

Do the Spaniards deny that the genius artist El Greco was not Greek? Grow up guys. Your insecurities are a sign of immaturity and weakness!
you have a very ****ed up mentality..

and insecurities?!! HAHAHAHA!! His parents were not Greek, that's just what you want to believe. so that you can desperatly associate yourself with one of the greatest architects of all time.

god, this thread greatly sums up you and your mentality.. your culture, history is all that you claim or steal from your neighboring nations.. nothing more.. so fake..
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #187
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
I guess not because their kids didn't speak Greek as a mother language and were raised under the notion of being Turks. In the case of Sinan he was drafted at the age of 23 which is old enough for him to know his ethnicity and speak greek as a mother language.
and your sources?

WOW man WOW! This place is so full of insecure people.

So guys, can youplease show us ANY reliable sources that define Sinan as a Greek architect? Can you please do that?

God man, Sinan must be rolling in his grave. Sinan the Greek..
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #188
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxeos View Post
how can it be in your mind if its not your own choosing to become a muslim?
was it his own choosing to be born as a christian?

infact yes, it was his choice to become a muslim.. because he was not born as a muslim..

you are not very clever, are you?
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #189
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxeos View Post
by the way when you say your anatolian your saying your an easterner and i agree with you , somewhere in central asia are your roots since your a turk right?
nope my greek friend.. my roots are from balkans and anatolia.. I believe your roots are from sub saharan africa. Is that right? I've read several articles about that. Interesting.
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #190
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1821 View Post
If your roots are from the Balkans, then either your ancestors 'moved' to the Balkans during the Ottoman period, or you belong to one of the Balkan ethnic groups and your ancestors were "Turkified". Even if it is the first, your roots are still originally from the east.

For example when I have children, and they have children, and their children have children, their roots aren't going to be from Australia, they will still be from Greece. The fact they are born in Australia and so are their parents, grandparents etc, will form part of their family history, but it will not alter who they are and the origins of their family.
so tell us genious.. how come Turks of Turkey don't look like central asian people?

Why Australians think that I am european and not central asian?

btw you may as well be a 'grecofied' persian, central asian, slav or sub saharan.. who knows...

anyway, I think I spent enough time with your gibberish.. I think I made myself just clear when I say that I and many many others don't give you any sort of credit for what ancient greeks have achieved etc.. so adios muchacos...

and yeah.. sure.. sinan was greek.. why not? if this will make you feel warm in your little fake world..

Last edited by Istanbullu; May 10th, 2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #191
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58051

Could you please be so kind and stop this inflammatory double posting, ja?

Otherwise there's some nice infraction and deleted posts for you, ja?

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #192
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
and your sources?

WOW man WOW! This place is so full of insecure people.

So guys, can youplease show us ANY reliable sources that define Sinan as a Greek architect? Can you please do that?

God man, Sinan must be rolling in his grave. Sinan the Greek..
Istanbullu I am only debating the notion of a mother language which is obviously beyond your grasp like this conversation is. I did not say he is 100% Greek nor did I say he is Greek. Perhaps he was born Greek/Armenian or whatever but he surely died an Ottoman muslim. However you don't even posses half a brain to follow the conversation, read posts or even answer properly. Only a person like you would think that a young man at the age of 23 doesn't already have a mother language still. My lord! I'll simply stop bothering with you.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:09 AM   #193
arxeos

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
was it his own choosing to be born as a christian?

infact yes, it was his choice to become a muslim.. because he was not born as a muslim..

you are not very clever, are you?
I dont know much about Sinan basically i dont care since he was a happy ottoman , but if he was born to christian parents isnt the most logical thing that he would be christian himself? now i dont know when he converted but since we spoke about becoming muslims at 5 years do you think any child can make a decision like that and understand it?
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM   #194
arxeos

Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
nope my greek friend.. my roots are from balkans and anatolia.. I believe your roots are from sub saharan africa. Is that right? I've read several articles about that. Interesting.
then "anatolia" which you before this thread probebly didnt even know what it ment must also be sub saharan
Old August 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #195
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 357

Wow! what a waste of an informative thread!

Isn't there a moderator who can clean all the crap posts all the way back to the last time when someone gave any historical facts about the ANCIENT GREEK TEMPLE OF APOLLO AT DIDYMA, TURKEY??

Please forumers, grow up. Ancient Greece and modern-day Greece have a very real heritage continuum just as ancient Persia and modern-day Iran. Both these civilizations OBVIOUSLY do not look the same as they did thousands of years ago, however, both have very real and very well-deserved pride in their ancient heritage. Turkey and Egypt have been witness to remarkable civilizations in their own regard, however the continuum is interrupted by conquests and migrations which brought about significant change in their societies. The invading Turks dominantly changed the ancient Anatolian culture but ended up producing their own remarkable civilization in Asia minor. So did the Arabs in Egypt, or the Mongolians in earlier Persian Central Asia or India. History is history, and neither's is less eventful or less glorious than the others. In the end it just remains to be the question of the invaders and the invaded. The Turks, the Mongolians, the Arabs, the Persians and the Greeks... all have long traditions going back many millennia. Lets just end it at this and please bring this thread back to the topic.

I did a paper about this temple in college. I have been looking for a conceptual reconstruction (artistic render of how it actually may have looked) of it for some time now without success. Has anyone got a good one to share?
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #196
Senol
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I was there this summer.My hotel was only 5 minutes away.

Büyük Anadolu Didim Resort -5 Stars
Senol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 03:02 PM   #197
Fudgis

Likes (Received): 134

Just in case anyone's still looking in on this thread I have a set of photos taken at the Didyma Temple in 2009 at the following link, generally focussing more on the sculptural elements at ground-level, since it is difficult to get many decent overall views of the building.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/amthom...7625763375646/

doguorsi2 liked this post
Fudgis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic europe